Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gah Im starting to get the itch to play this game again. I dont have time to play MMOs!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Help Im playing this game on a brand new character, why am I doing this. How do I stop myself from doing this

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fun fact: avere is dead before you even see edda for the first time lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Keep in mind that once you hit 30 and unlock the full job, you can hop into PotD to see how it plays at 60.

Ive leveled a whole bunch of jobs to 60 in PotD, and I can tell you that in all of the time I spent there, I learned nothing about how the classes actually play. Level 60 dungeon roulette a better way to learn even though you have to toss yourself in the deep end

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 15, 2021

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im almost level 70 on dancer and Im about to restart stormblood post-patch stuff, whats the easiest way to gear up enough to that level? Allagan tomestones like usual? And if so, which ones?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

tbh Id be fine if I could just opt out of sub-50 leveling dungeons if everyone else had the same setting flipped. I havent gone through the ShB stuff but the HW and SB dungeons were all great and, more importantly, not copperbell mines again

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Do people still have healer/tankxiety after 70 levels of MSQ dungeons?
I could see it if they just picked up GNB or leveled SMN and swapped to SCH I guess.

I have healer anxiety when I tank, ie I get anxious when the healers hotbar only has cure II and a macro to complain about wiping

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its funny to detect who has mental scars from the PotD deep dive by watching how quickly they distance themselves from someone opening a chest

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Incredible. Most party members don't even learn how to use poms

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly if you're talking the 50-60 grindfest area it's probably because they are just fixated on getting to the end and don't really consider chests as worth getting.

I dont get this mentality though because poms of flight, sight, rage, etc can really help the speed of a run. Some of the fastest speedruns Ive done of 51-60 have everyone grabbing chests when theyre on the way.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its better than the restoration sidequest where you help a group of kids manufacture goods to support their caretakers

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I wish sisko would show up in ff14. Someone needs to just scream at basically the while cast like a disappointed dad.

Thats Alisaie

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I understand why The Burn has a reputation now

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ours mixed it up a bit by letting the tank die first a few times

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I see the pixies are uh, traditional in this

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Oliver Cox - It's like "cocks" see? But with an X! Yep, Oliver is gay. And like most of the stupid side of homosexuals, he defines himself entirely by his sexuality. He constantly chats about his rear end, making the worst sorts of jokes in a desperate bid for attention. Someone might say something like "This encounter is pretty hard" and Oliver will quickly respond "My rear end is hard". When no one pays attention to him, he either ups the frequency of the pathetic gay talk or starts saying equally stupid things about his cat Pancakes. Yes, even the cat has a stupid name. Oliver is a grown man who lives with his mother, works for a call-center, and can't even get laid using Grindr. I know this because he likes to use free company chat as his own personal blog from time to time. He usually plays a scholar, and he is awful at it.

Heres to you, oliver cox :cheerdoge:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My rear end is on the low end of the difficulty scale

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My scholar is level 70 and Ive never played it :coal:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Aurum Vale seems way less bad now that everyone gets okay aoe rotations

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dread castrum meridianum more than aurum vale because sometimes you get a party of 7 people who don't know the missile mechanics, and you're guaranteed to see it half the time

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I've finally, FINALLY gotten to the beginning of Shadowbringers. Due to everything from finances to life changes, it's taken me over a year. At this point, I'm worried that I've built it up too much in my mind; I started playing because people were saying that the story to Shadowbringers was worth the potentially hundreds of hours it took to get there. At this point, I'm worried I've built it up too much in my mind, though. Anyone else start the game because of Shadowbringers buzz, and should I temper my expectations, or just allow myself to get super excited? For what it's worth, I have really liked the story so far, though it hasn't been perfect.

Im playing through it right now and while its still campy at times, its got character moments that rival some of the ones in FF15.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Hey, I may not be the biggest fan of parts of Shadowbringers, but even at its worst it doesn't deserve THAT insult.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Augus posted:

the stubble is the crowd-pleaser

:pervert:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

But chances are you wont really need to

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I cant imagine a black mage who doesnt want to do ridiculous aoe damage the second they learn fire II, thats basically the point of the class. Why even play the class if you dont want insane numbers

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

please knock Mom! posted:

So I dig samurai and ninja but is there a dps that I can competently play while drunk, like just turn on cruise control and go? Or am I describing samurai here?

Dancer :twisted:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

M.c.P posted:

It is clearly YOU, the CHAMPION channeling the power of the planet to defeat the unholy god of the evil empire, DUH.

The rest of your friends are just off screen, channeling as well.

It’s very dramatic. You can feel the animators and designers checking all the drama boxes. The stakes have never been higher.

Im glad that wow is maintaining the quality of storytelling its always been known for

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

S.J. posted:

Jesus. I played BFA when it first dropped and couldn't keep going after finishing up the first war campaign. Literally the only thing I wish FF14 had that WoW does is the extra difficulty stuff for dungeons. That would be fun.

Im hoping the stat squash is a step in this direction, because while extra difficulty in dungeons sounds fun, Im guessing what I truly want is for older content to actually pose some sort of threat. Even the Hades fight was over before he even got to the doom mechanic.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ironslave posted:

FFXIV can generally do cutscenes better because they've worked to make you invested in each character as a person with consistency to who they are, their motives, and the stakes you share in, and because they've created a wide range of general emotes and character positioning they can use to move and position people with. It's also not afraid to lock people in place so that they don't mess with the staging, which WoW has been mildly allergic to for ages. It's also willing to give the player character emotions and have them share in the moment, rather than needing to treat them as a completely blank slate.

Its also funny that the WoW cinematic is apparently the highest the stakes have been, and meanwhile our second best expansion is about saving a single small nation from two dragon eyeballs (one with a dragon attached)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The only tether I run away from in fights is that red and white one. I still dont know the mechanic but it must be lethal

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:same:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

These ivalice cutscenes are unbearably long. I probably wouldnt mind the thin story if they just cut the scenes down by half but as-is theyre awful

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I usually only get salty at toxic players who suck at the game, but my salt just manifests as vote-kicking them

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im weirdly mostly excited to finish off ARR mount speed through those tomes. Its the only hunt currency thats rear end to grind and I dont want to go through the BLU ringer

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Now that Im level 80 I get to bet on castrum for the quick endgame tomestones or prae for the good exp. ITs a fun game that I lose every time

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also I dont care about quitting unless theres a first timer in the group. If you abandon a newbie youre a coward and a cad

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This game has a pretty disparate array of glamour as well, some of which are based on nature or resistance fighters, etc, so eventually you can make most classes fit any aesthetic you want

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

CYBEReris posted:

i use thin air for holy spam, probably don't strictly need it but might as well

It lets you remember the old holy

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Any sidequest with a cutscene is generally worth paying attention to, if campy fantasy stories are your thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Level 60 dungeons are the chillest place to relearn how to heal, glad I started running these for bitter memories on my WHM