Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/KinoKreations/status/1178808045754675200?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Risk of Rain 2

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

apparently my goty list is very short

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i judge sekiro vs. real life

since i can't do cool things in real life, and you can do cool things in sekiro, sekiro gets a "cool" from me

however, i didn't actually finish sekiro, so it's probably gonna be number 3 on my list

which is, so far,

Shadowbringers
Risk of Rain 2
Sekiro

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i also played Outer Wilds but didn't like it that much, because i'm stupid

i also also played Borderlands 3 and didn't like it that much, because it was stupid

Satisfactory also also also came out this year I think and that was pretty good but still early access/a bit barebones

and then there was the 3 weeks or so I played Mordhau for some reason

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i haven't played Smite in a long time but i still follow them on twitter because i really really love all their character art and designs

https://twitter.com/SMITEGame/status/1179108871429935106?s=20

she is so pretty :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

what's the game of next year

monster hunter world: iceborne

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oh hell yeah.

in response to feedback in the beta, Planet Zoo devs are introducing an offline version of the Franchise Mode (a mode where there's no story or scenarios, but you are still limited by money, research, etc. as opposed to career or sandbox modes). it will still have the challenge of zoo management without having to deal with server issues or trying to buy overpriced animals off the market from other players.

this is very refreshing to hear in the age of always-online bullshit and devs that refuse to make big changes to their precious games.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Tag yourself

Have the planet zoo devs mentioned anything about having a dinosaur expansion pack or is that probably just not gonna happen because of the jurassic park game they made?

not yet, since the game's not even out yet. but it would be pretty rad.

not being able to do it cause of that would be pretty sad.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my biggest gamer shame is probably the fact that the only final fantasy i've ever played (other than 14) was playing through FFX at my neighbor's house, and hating the turn-based combat so much that i would skip every single random encounter, until i got to the point where i had to fight Ridiculous Spiky Blue Hair Man and was too underleveled to survive the fight, and quit.

i've also never owned a playstation and don't enjoy first person shooter gameplay.

my proudest gamer moments are getting 100% completion in Monster Hunter World, and 100% completion in Okami (on the Wii).

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

another gamer shame: i don't think i've ever played a 2D mario game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

big fuckin' mood

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

just a quick 1 hour 20 minute adventure, in and out

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

chuffy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV0FWXHypsU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1180140181472628736?s=20

oh my loving god

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

rathalos is in smash as a boss/trophy thing, and a monster hunter fighter was in one of the MVC games

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is that a Mr. X costume for the handle?

yup lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i also saw Joker and i thought it was fantastic, that's my hot take

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

"We believe that any speech that challenges national sovereignty and social stability is not within the scope of freedom of speech" is also some poo poo that really should be unpacked because that's shocking.

shocking but not surprising, at all

I said come in! posted:

The official Hearthstone forum is in full meltdown mode with people blasting Blizzard. Their moderators are in overdrive mode with suspending every single person and deleting threads. I made a post about no longer feeling comfortable with supporting Blizzard, it attacked absolutely no one, and had no vulgar language, and I was just hit with a 1 month probation.

yeesh that's awful

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The way I look at it is, how does the company itself ethically operate? At least at this time there is no reason to believe GGG is a bunch of fascist supporting dorks. GGG also does not do anything with their game that would force them into a position where they may have to support the Chinese government.

the problem i've seen with GGG is the very blatant shift to loot boxes for their cosmetics after being bought by Tencent, plus that recent thing with the weird extra gambling lootbox that they had and immediately took down after backlash

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sometimes there's an orc who is a bard and sings at you before you fight

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm not as strong as everyone's dear friend ChickenHeart but i did cancel my wow sub with a message at the end saying Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age

as someone mentioned earlier, it's a good thing they don't even make good games anymore

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hmm

i feel like there's a bit of a problem with steam achievement rarity

hi :)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the problem with mei is that she is still a being of pure evil disguised as a cute cinnamon roll, and so i still hate her, but i guess if she supports hk then she's alright'

edit: oh right i forgot about her VA rip

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've played like 15 of the top 100 of that list and what the gently caress is Thumper and why the hell did they put it at number 2

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It means you're ready to ascend to level 2 of the Games chat thread.

this just makes the brain worms happy because numbers are going up!

(i also like d2 a lot, i played like 4 crucible games today and won all of them :unsmith: )

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

These are just Banjo Kazooie level names and you won't convince me otherwise.

these garbage names don't even compare to Banjo Kazooie names

even BK knew not to have alliteration in every single name, it just makes the whole map sound generic and lazy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay - beautiful, poetry

Lazy Lake, Dirty Docks, Craggy Cliffs, Frenzy Farm - no effort trash

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

none of the Fortnite ones have assonance so clearly assonance is poetry

maybe they should have spent longer than 5 seconds on each name and added some assonance

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Looper posted:

freezeezy peak is an awful name

the name itself isn't top tier but the level and music are the fuckin' best and i will suffer no man to disparage them

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wuggles posted:

I also have those Destiny brain worms. They have burrowed into my brain where they whisper, “Unlock another quest step :getin:

mine just keep whispering "UNDYING TITLE" over and over again

happy birthday!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought a thing

lord shaxx now holds not only the keys to my heart, but also the keys to my car

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

YAY :dance:

okami is my favorite game of all time

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, port Monster Hunter Stories to switch you cowards

:hai:

with the extra patch content that never made it to NA yet so I can finally ride a loving Kushala god damnit

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my MMO ui must always have as many buttons on the screen as possible, with as many of them filled up with emotes and mini pets as i can muster

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ive never had a ghost post before

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi

I am very tired

How are teh rest of you doing

hi :wave:

i got very little sleep last night cause my stomach hurt, but today i got flowers from work for Texas Paralegals Day and i'm not even technically a paralegal so that was nice

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Subnautica is worth finishing. Dark Souls games are worth finishing, though I never finished Sekiro. Okami, Abzu, Journey, Portal, basically any game with a good, complete story is probably going to be worth finishing. Even Mass Effect, which could have had a better ending, but it is still something that should be finished.

It is an interesting comparison to something like Skyrim, which has a complete story you can play through, but it's optional and not really the main draw. My first playthrough of Skyrim basically ended when I finished all 4 main guilds and a ton of side quests; I barely even touched the main story. Same with Oblivion.

And there's games that don't end, because they're still being written like MMOs, or just don't have story, like any multiplayer pvp game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's also only $1 if you buy a game pass