Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chumbler posted:

Assuming Can't Fear Your Own World is canon, he's just in super jail again. Szayelaporro just wouldn't know that, and it probably seals away his reiatsu as well.

and if Can't Fear Your Own World isn't canon then what the gently caress are we even doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Only three new character introduced in 75 pages it's remarkably restrained by bleach standards

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Barragan benefited greatly from Kubo drawing the gently caress out of him

Anyway I actually like the Hollow "life" cycle: eventually a hungry ghost becomes so hungry it eats other ghosts, forming a kind of gestalt consciousness that eventually forms into its own distinct entity.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Grimmjow's origin chapter says he was an Adjuchas, Can't Fear Your Own World says he was a Vasto Lorde, the character book splits the difference and says he was an Adjuchas on the cusp of becoming a Vasto Lorde when he became an Arrancar and Adjuchas in the process of that transition are unusually small for a Hollow (which is why Hollow Grimmjow was the size of a real actual panther)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's literally the same character used as the ban in bankai.

The 卍 in 卍解.

yeah I get the trepidation with the SS character in Burn the Witch but like...the swastika is still a valid symbol Asia did not collectively stop using it just because the Nazis stole it

e: also the left-facing version isn't even the one the loving Nazis used!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
FMA didn't run in Shonen Jump and Dragonball was already over for a decade in 2006 c'mon son

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chumbler posted:

You know, I hope all the people responsible for the Bleach ost got raises. Number 1 is still one of the best character theme songs.

shiro sagisu the goat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For more Grimmjow and Harribel go read Can't Fear Your Own World

come to think of it the answer to "what happened to [x]" is almost always "go read Can't Fear Your Own World"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I should read the epilogue light novel, is it out in English and digitally.

https://www.viz.com/read/novel/bleach-can-t-fear-your-own-world-volume-1/product/6339/digital

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sydin posted:

Kubo's accounting is that he approached WSJ and said "hey sorry but I gotta wrap this up because I'm literally dying" and then they agreed on how many chapters he'd get to wrap up. I don't remember if this was in place before the TYBW arc or early into it but either way Kubo knew exactly how many chapters he had left to wrap up before he decided to waste dozens of chapters on Thor, the sniper guy, Ichigo running laps up and down the tower, etc.

This was like a couple of months before the end. It really came down fast and hard because of Kubo's doctor's orders.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4iZo9sAz9I

It was probably expected to be the case because japan has huge respect for their voice actors, but it's nice seeing everyone back. Also Yhwach's voice sounds really familiar.

This isn't an official video, they just edited existing lines into the original trailer. That said we already knew everyone was coming back because the original trailer had a big cast list at the end.

Yhwach's voice actor has been in a ton of stuff, including Bleach already as Zangetsu.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If we got anything in thousand year blood war remotely as well animated as that last naruto and sasuke fight I will be happy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sydin posted:

I like how Kubo drew a bunch of intricate stuff for other manga and then One Piece just got a static, barely shaded pic of Ichigo in a Luffy Halloween costume.

if I had to guess looking at the time frame the luffy was done in 2015 which would be mid-Kubo slowly killing himself with thousand year blood war

For comparison the Dragon Ball one was 2003, Naruto was 2019, the Jojos are from 2012 and the others are also all post-Bleach

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 5, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

no thanks ill just watch shin godzilla instead

this is a good idea because shin godzilla is good unlike the casshern movie

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Telltolin posted:

and for a brief moment, bleach OP/ED youtube playlists were updated again before once more falling silent forever

no op this episode

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's a real good op and in a weaker season it'd probably be a top 3 or even #1 but goddamn fall 2022 has had nothing but bangers

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like "read Can't Fear Your Own World' will be the constant refrain in this thread for all of time

read Can't Fear Your Own World

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think Byakuya was "perfectly fine" with Rukia being executed. He more or less gives up and lets Ichigo save Rukia after their fight and when push came to save Byakuya did save Rukia from being executed by taking Gin's shikai for her. After all that is when he reveals that essentially his moral code is just two boxes that say "The Law" and "Rukia" and he was conflicted over which to follow until Ichigo convinced him. You just don't see any of that because he's a stoic motherfucker.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

It was an announcement that Chad had been recast in the dub since Jamieson Price was stepping down.

yeah that makes sense

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
late but the arrancar aren't mexican they're weird ghost monsters???

I feel like I'm going crazy here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing as the original arc in the manga was some 200 chapters have they said anything about when/if they're going to take a break?

Four cours of 13 episodes with some time between them, guessing a season or two

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Monaghan posted:

The fact that Mayuri went from insane mengele type figure to "oh mayuri you crazy scamp" is like the biggest case of "forget about all the horrible poo poo they did, he's on our side, therefore he's a good guy now" in all of shounen.

yeah like drat at least Orochimaru has to be under eternal house arrest Mayuri is not only never punished but never receives any meaningful comeuppance period

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Bleach has maybe one of the worst afterlife systems possible. It’s pretty much all bad. Your options are hell, be a monster always in pain, or be poor as hell.

hey at least you can potentially get out of being poor if you have spiritual power!

you'll just also be starving in addition to poor, and then have to fight monsters for the rest of your existence

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Honestly the best you could hope for is becoming a Hollow, getting eaten by another Hollow, and eventually being the part of the conglomeration of Hollows that becomes an Arrancar

sure you don't exist anymore but at least you contributed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

It reminds me of the whole thing with Bayonetta's VA from last year, like you have a point maybe but being an rear end in a top hat about it isn't doing you any favors in making it

She didn't even have a point! She exaggerated everything about the situation out of proportion