Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I always thought the lime in the neck of the thing was to stop the corona virus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Griefor posted:

Italy is just a bit further ahead. Every country that doesn't act decisively will be another Italy if left long enough.

Can't wait for France to try it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I went to the store on Tuesday to get ingredients for a coddle and the beer cooler was hit hard. Mostly 24 packs.

Also, gun and ammo sales are apparently nuts right now. People are afraid of looting, which is caused by panic buying and hoarding. Can you imagine roving gangs of toilet paper thieves coming through your neighborhood? Apparently lots of people can.

Idiots.

You join the roving gang you don’t fight them

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

large_gourd posted:

I'm finding it hard to stop thinking about this aspect of it, and it's for selfish reasons basically, but it's the uncertainty of so is there just going to be any point in trying to live for the next two years? Which is over-dramatic, but I think governments need to get a solid plan and timescale out - a real one, not some bullshit about oh we'll lockdown for 2 weeks, when everyone knows that isn't all that needs to happen - so that people can start planning their lives around something again, even if that something is poo poo, it's better than sustained uncertainty about basic daily life.

I'm just thinking how everyone's quality of life is about to go down to a point where behaviour could become unpredictable and maybe pretty drastic. I'm thinking are suicide rates just going to explode? Cos a lot of people, including me, weren't doing that well BEFORE any of this for other reasons which this society shutdown makes so much worse. Stuff like that.

loving bonkers, man. I'm fried.

The grim reality will be that letting 4 million olds die will be less of a body count than hundreds of millions from societal collapse

If this doesn't burn out in a month or so then control will become moot and it's either mass death trying to keep people locked down or let the 1 percent fatality rate do it's thing and back to normal imo

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hopper posted:

Up to 25k € in fines is a strong motivator to not do that. I just jope they rigorously enforce it. People need to learn that there are consequences if you are not willing to do as you are told for the greater good.

Try going real early, it works well here.

Are your courts open to do anything about It?

No amount of fines will mean anything very shortly. There's no infrastructure to enforce anything beyond judge dred extrajudicial murder and everyone's going to realize it very soon.

But I'm sure in the crippled new world that will emerge from this they will dutifully go about processing quarantine busters? Lol no it's going to be a poo poo show and they'll quietly drop the hundreds of thousands of cases.

The only consequences that matter very soon is "can this cop kill me before the mob I'm part of drags them down and pulls them limb from limb"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Turns out we have a use for Elon Musks tunnels after all

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

pixaal posted:

But the car barely fits and they aren't smooth so it's a really bumpy ride!

We’ll call them Cartacombs

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

Apparently the right thing includes enacting emergency provisions that weaken labor laws and worker protections which coincidentally have been the reason for many a protest recently so yeah gently caress macron

Goons want to give fascists sweeping emergency powers that they will never give up and is calling this responsibility

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

mrfart posted:

One of the few flemish tv series I watched some years ago had this bizar vibe for me because it had streets i know, locked off with walls of containers to keep a infectious disease from spreading.

don’t know why I was thinking about it.

Literallly a Neill Blomkamp film in real life and we are asking for it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Is there a chance I'll get a mech because if so I'm willing to run the risk.

I want to be tank girl

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Cuomos presser on at the moment has been excelllent, again. Guy really knows how to talk to his state during these times. Concise info, also being summed up with a PowerPoint next to him.

In the era of Trumps godawful back patting ceremonies, thank god we have someone doing a good job and calling people out as needed. I don’t even live in NY and I feel like I benefit from this.

Bernie or bust

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Pick: you can stay in my sleeping bag tonight if you want

Hugh: lol truck goes brrrrrrr

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Chinatown posted:

got a voicemail forwarded to me of a family friend WHOS NOT AN ALARMIST OR ANYTHING but suggested if we can to "go out into the forest for awhile"

I MUST SWIRLIE YOU

Forest walks rule and is helping me from going weird which as you can tell from my posting is a daily challenge

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

No additional cases of uyghur have been reported by China

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

central dogma posted:

I know this thread moves fast, but this article doesn't show any evidence that covid 19 causes digestive issues. It just states that, uncommonly, a few patients had diarrhea too. You can have diarrhea, for example, and a cold at the same time.

Help! I have covid 19 and I can't stop eating cheese

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is anyone still getting delivery or take out? I've been living like I'm on total lockdown but I don't know if its that bad. Yet.

There's a whole small business delivery economy starting up round these parts

You can get meals, toys, coffee, desert trays, art supplies and even Bird feeders and bird feeder accessories delivered

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Is the dnc starting to pay goons to shill for the corrupt rear end in a top hat Cuomo now?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Trump is straight up better?

Cuomo would not beat Trump

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

The schools and museums are closed as well.

So like just normal Texas then

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Like living still or dead viruses?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Sirotan posted:

The full text says:

Still isn’t clear. You can find it but that doesn’t mean it’s in a form that can hurt someone.

This seems sensationalism without confirming if it’s in a form that you can get sick from.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Intact viruses. Viruses don’t really qualify as dead or alive.

Sorry. Wrong wording. “In a form that it can infect you” then.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone got a line on probe covers for Braun ear thermometers? We’re out of them at work and my amazon order is “shipped, arriving from 4/10 to 5/1”. I have a few things I’m gonna try tomorrow but it’s so hard to find those right now.

Diva cups will work.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Lambert posted:

I read about funeral homes in Vienna (including the one owned by the city) putting up smartphones and live-streaming the funeral for people at home.

I visited the catacombs in Vienna a little while ago.

It’s nice that it’s getting modernized finally

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Guys guys. Every one is poo poo on this

Globalism was a mistake. Every nation should have command economies and produce their needs domestically forevermore

Also workers should own everything being produced.

Thanks for listening to my TedX talk

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

Seriously, I haven't seen this many poo poo posters in one thread in a while, just saying random obviously false things.

I'm legit still surprised we have a poster named after the disease currently killing tens of thousands of people and the mods are fine with that.

We have a poster named Liberalism?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Actually CCCP has ethnically cleansed everyone but Han people from their party so it's actually racist to criticize them *Is say as my brain supernovas out of my skull*

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Making harsh truth bombs

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Hadlock posted:

Things are gonna get gnarly in NY and NJ starting Monday/Tuesday. That is a fact at this point. It is gonna get "Italy Bad" no later than Tuesday.

The question is, how far behind NY is your town, and have they started practicing social distancing.

If you made it to this point without any of you or your family getting sick, congratulations, you've completed the tutorial. Press A to continue to Level 1. If you still have your facemask from the beginning of the tutorial, you may keep it in your inventory for Level 1.

Level 1's goal is to survive until June 15.

Level 2 begins June 16. If you survive to Level 2 you get a bonus face mask.

Sorry I only process tragedy in My Little Pony analogies

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

tater_salad posted:

Wow go smoke a weed or something. You sound like an awesome person to be with.

Being a parent is 100% voluntarily, there are paths that create children they don't just show up one day at your door.

Also I think goon a with 17 month old is not guilt tripping maybe you have a guilty conscience?.

Yes being stuck inside with kids and not a lot of outlets for entertainment isn't ideal but let's not yell at each other.

Being a parent is only voluntary until you are a parent. Then it's absolutely mandatory I would hope.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

There are interviews with people who have a hard time quarantining as a family of 5 in a lovely 215sqft flat, the youngest of the 3 kids is a toddler and I have a hard time feeling bad, sorry. It's probably because I'm not a father of three.

Or a sociopath incapable of empathy.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Just let parents vent a little..drat.

In fact let everyone vent a little.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

And for the tin hat people it will screw with government facial recognition technology

Win win

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Thinkin bout those balls again

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

USA is superior to China in one respect.

China has to pay people to post their propaganda online

USA has true believers and doesn't have to spend a dime.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

In case you hadn't already lost faith in the ability for people to do the right thing:

Even the threat of being jailed wasn't enough to stop this guy breaking quarantine.

Guessing an addict going out for whatever he needs? It's a monkey bigger than any court order

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I saw this great video about the amazing villages of Crimea by Catherine II

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Busy Bee posted:

You're putting words in my mouth - when did I ever say that all governments are bad? And how is this self submitted video by a Japanese businessman considered propaganda?

I never said anything about how good the Chinese government is but rather that the Western media's attack on China is unwarranted and pretty clear on what their agenda is.

Do I think the CCP suppresses information? Yes. Do I think the CCP has committed and commits human rights violations? Yes. Do I think that the CCP maliciously tried to or even continues to try and cover up the real extent of this virus? No.

Clearly you have never visited or lived in China - let alone have anyone you communicate with there. Do you understand how easy it is to get past the "Great Firewall"?

Why would a genocidal dictatorship based on strong man dear leader have any reason to lie!?

So they’ll murder students in cold blood, genocide a whole ethnicity but by god when it comes to disease they’re Dudley do right

And you know what? What I just posted could apply to either USA or China and even Canada.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Reminds me of that goon who got fired because he couldn’t stop eating cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Look, I wasn't fired because I couldn't stop eating cheese, it was because I couldn't stop stealing cheese.

Jeez, get it right, Moran.

Cheese is so good