Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Norway are basically in the EU in all ways except having representation in the parliament, they're signed up to the four freedoms and pay into the budget. So the same as the UK for the next eleven months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Found ur twitter account Dravs

https://twitter.com/SamuelMarcLowe/status/1229863611457245184?s=19

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

XMNN posted:

wait till he finds out you can't just dump a baby on a farm when the publicity bump is over

He's done it 5 or 6 times so far. Maybe more!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Raab caretaker in the interim then a Tory leadership election for the replacement I'd assume

Attorney at Funk's answer was better and quicker

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

At least all of that work translates to improved career opportunities! Right? Right??

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm looking forward to the link to buy his book or subscribe to his blog or whatever when it's revealed to be a creative writing exercise

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

"keep Britain free" apparently

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Relevant Tangent posted:

Soon enough you'll have to have a WAP to cross the border of Wales.

It's Wales, everything's wet

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

If I want a knock off Penguin there's an Aldi up the road

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jarf posted:

Northumbria independence! ✊

I've been saying this for years, with less irony every time

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

You really have to treat the bike lanes as you would a main road but it's not that bad given almost every junction is light controlled. A few years ago Mrs Boat and I had a long weekend in Amsterdam and right outside the hotel we saw a French tourist almost step into the path of an oncoming bike. Her companion grabbed her arm and indicating the lights said "non non non, le monsieur rouge!"

Italy was way more unnerving given cars don't actually stop at pedestrian crossings until you step into the road.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jose posted:

I assume this guy is part of the billionaire goldsmith family

Younger brother of former MP, failed London mayoral candidate and massive racist Zac

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The Telegraph is already running stories about how the fishing industry has been hosed by the deal lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I have no fish and I must bream

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It's much more recent than Victorian (late 60s to early 70s) but yeah the rest is about right. There's lots of people claiming that their uncle or dad made the original chicken tikka masala.

quote:

On a typical dark, wet Glasgow night, a bus driver coming off shift came in and ordered a chicken curry. He sent it back to the waiter saying it's dry. At the time, Dad had an ulcer and was enjoying a plate of tomato soup. So he said why not put some tomato soup into the curry with some spices. They sent it back to the table and the bus driver absolutely loved it. He and his friends came back again and again and we put it on the menu.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Bedshaped posted:

What's the most illegal way to watch the new adam curtis doc? it sees through my VPN

Most illegal? Break into his house and steal the masters I guess

The BBC's VPN detection is kind of spotty. I'm in the UK but usually forget to switch my VPN off, and sometimes it lets me watch stuff and sometimes it doesn't. Maybe try another server until you find one they haven't got blocked?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Most of the North Channel is about 40m deep but Beaufort's Dyke (where we dropped all the munitions) is is like 300m deep

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Further north there's a possible crossing across the Strait of Moyle that's only 12 miles and doesn't have to deal with the gigantic trench full of explosives. Unfortunately a connection there would be between two lovely farm tracks in completely isolated parts of Scotland / Northern Ireland.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I think part of the idea is that brexit threw up loads of issues with NI / RoI trade, which was "solved" by keeping NI in the single market. Having a road link between GB and NI means you can trade via that route instead, reducing the need for NI / RoI trade so that removing NI from the single market and establishing a hard border becomes more feasible

This of course ignores all the cultural / historical reasons why a hard border is a terrible idea, but Tories

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

MikeCrotch posted:

Also iirc wouldn't the tunnel crossing connect pretty remote parts of both countries? I seem to recall that people would have to drive way out of their ways to get to either end of the tunnel

The two options are Portpatrick to Larne, which isn't too bad - Portpatrick is within a couple of hours of Glasgow and Carlisle, and Larne is like a half hour from Belfast. Unfortunately a bridge / tunnel connecting them would be 28 miles long and have to deal with the trench full of explosives.

The other option is only 12 miles between the Mull of Kintyre and Torr Head and doesn't cross Beaufort's Dyke but both those places are really remote and would need tons of work on the surrounding roads, particularly on the Scottish side.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

if you remove that statue it's erasing history, I've been reliably assured that's how statues work

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

5'6" apparently

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

A chance encounter between Party Boat, Communist Thoughts and Rishi Sunak, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Always important to remind people who think Piers is good because he sticks it to the snowflakes that he published fake pictures of British troops torturing captives in Iraq when he was editor of the Mirror and never apologised

On balance it's one of the less lovely things he's done but the attack on ARE BOYS is a good way of short circuiting the gammon brain

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

MikeCrotch posted:

He also hacked a dead girls phone

Yes that is one of the more lovely things

However in the gammon hierarchy dead girl (even dead white girl) ranks below ARE BRAVE LADS

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm guessing for Andrew Neil's fox news with the serial numbers filed off channel

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jose posted:

maybe but its not mainstream enough for him imo. just lol at him being so mad at being rejected all these years later being what made him go too far

Nah I reckon he's already got the job and this was a nice theatrical flounce to launch his new gig, which kind of mirrors Harry and Meghan having the Oprah interview to launch them in the US

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jel Shaker posted:

i was very impressed with myself noticing she was uncredited in Toast of London, probably one of her first gigs before the star wars nonsense

I think that's Daisy Ridley although Kiera Knightley was in Phantom Menace

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

lol

https://twitter.com/deletedbyMPs/status/1374105496312020995?s=19

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

what's a constitution lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Avon and Somerset Police were the ones that tasered their own race relations officer

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

https://twitter.com/LittlShyningMan/status/1380091548919083008?s=19

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Receiver of the Royal Peg

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

PawParole posted:

rip to the instinctive inclination to mass murder that made Britain great

Wow the people who said he died 18 months ago and they've just been Weekend at Berniesing him since were right.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

with paedophilia, not of paedophilia

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

let he who did not start romancing his cousin when she was 13 cast the first stone

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

prefect posted:

How do you get into Rupert Murdoch's extended family? That's what Blair did, right?

Yeah and then shagged his wife

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Giedroyc posted:

*taps watch*

this is how I feel too, can we skip to the inevitable subforum ban so he has to go be a tedious oval office somewhere else. the car subforum maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Private Speech posted:

LMBO I love the title of the latest BBC article about NI:

Northern Ireland: Did anyone warn about Brexit border checks?

Though the conclusion of the article might be even better: nobody really did, apparently, except for all the people over there quick look away

Lol that the "reality check correspondent" is named Chris Morris