Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Doing the "do three stages" daily and weekly missions without having to advance the story, mostly. Also the loading screen in mirror dungeons is based on what the loading screen for the last stage you did was, so you can get something fun if you care about that.

You are better off doing the tutorial missions for the daily, as they don’t cost you any Enkaphalon but still give BP credit. Makes for the optimal grind if that is what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
There's definitely variance in what kind of enemies you get, tiers in terms of ego gifts and levels gained. Most importantly is probably who you get for the final boss fight. Headless Ichthus in particular is dangerous. Don't be afraid to force close the application to restart the fight if things start going against you.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Man, on one hand I wanna keep trying for N Mersault cause he looks cool and it lets me use his shards for Pursuance.

But Faust Who Grips, man.

This feels like a "why not both.gif here" situation. N Corp seems particularly synergistic compared to what we have so far, and Faust and Mersault have the best healing EGO's which just makes it an even better choice.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I'm doing it now, for the shards if nothing else.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
That's just for the first stage of each with later stages having later story mission requirements and better reward rates.

So. Yes.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I think I've gained 15 battle pass levels since yesterday. Pretty profitable.

My guess would be, assuming you don't have any pressing experience or thread needs, that grinding mirror dungeons is more profitable than the luxcavations since thread is downstream of shards

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

My team vs Kromer is almost entirely 2x weak to pierce and one of them is 3* Sinclair which means he gets triple hosed just for existing. The rest is L corp Faust, Liu Gregor, and the two riot police girls. I have no idea what to do, think I might have to restart. :negative:

Sinclair isn't too bad to have in so long as you've gotten all three ego gifts, though basic version would probably be better since 000 has a bleed. I guess as long as you don't use his Claim their Bones, it should be fine. Makes Kromer easier to control at least.

However, Liu Gregor is all about burn. You'd be better off with four characters than him on the team. Do you have a decent basic Outis? She worked pretty well for me.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 16, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Someone made the calcs and it takes around 32 gold tickets and a few tickets to go from 1 to 30. After hotfix we can get 16 golden tickets per day on bonuses. Meaning you can max an identitie's level in around 2 days (with the caveat Encephalkin is veery tight, all daily bonuses cost exactly 240 En, an entire day's worth).

I should really splurge on some identities with that and the extra thread. Which ones were the most useful specifically for 3-22? Gotta unlock hard Excavations.

Forgive me for being pedantic. From level one, 36 gold tickets and 2 silver tickets puts you 4 experience away from level 30 which the luxcavation itself should cover.

You don't really need to do calculations when you can just hit the buttons on the tickets until experience caps out.

As for best identities for me it worked to have a set of blunt identities for the mobs and a set of pierce/slash rupture identities for the boss.

Blunt: Basic Heathcliff, R Ish, LCCB Rodion, Mariachi Sinclair, and Kurokumo Ryoshu who isn't blunt but is good enough for it not to matter.

Boss: Basic Outis, W Corp Don, LoB Faust, G Corp Gregor and Blade Lineage Yi Sang. W Corp Mr. Salt with Pursuance makes an excellent sub.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 16, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

My point was mostly that the speed of EXP intake if doing the minimum is a maxed out identity every 2 days. (Mirror dungeons pre patch were better since you got 720000 free EXP per week but are more time consuming by far).

And my point was that it actually is 3 days. 6 gold tickets per exp excavation at 3 a day means you 36 in two days leaving you 404 experience points shy.

I also did say that it was pedantic.

EDIT: Oh and the exp luxcavations don't appear to actually give identity experience points aside from the tickets, so that won't cover it.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 16, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I remembered that Hermann and her squad feature prominently in the original trailer, but just realized that Demian also features prominently with his own squad of decidedly less human looking silhouettes. Makes me wonder if there will be two bad guy squads, one for heaven and one for hell with the "limbo" company in the middle.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jossar posted:

Got through my dailies and 3-21 EX, so the only thing left to try out was the dungeon.

Majority of it was fine, but Kromer absolutely shredded me to pieces with just base Identities. I'm thinking I might just need to say screw it and come back with 00s and 000s, but I'm not even sure what I can bring to the fight that actually helps with my current lineup.

(Which I suppose I should list for good measure:

Yi Sang - Blade Lineage, Seven Section
Faust - Lob Corp
Don Quixote - Shi Section
Ryoshu - None
Meursault - N Corp
Hong Lu - None
Heathcliff - R Corp
Ishmael - Shi Section
Rodion - N Corp
Sinclair - Zwei Section
Outis - G Corp, Blade Lineage
Gregor - Liu Section)

Four that make sense to me for Kromer would be Blade Lineage Yi Sang, Lob Faust, Base Sinclair and Base Outis. If you have the paid battle pass Faust has an incredible Fluid Sac, so it's worth grinding it out.

G Gregor or W Mersault with Pursuance EGO would be an ideal fifth or replacement if you are looking for 000s. G Gregor is just a great character and though W Mersault isn't very good, Pursuance is good enough on it's own to make up for it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Theantero posted:

It's because Mr. Salt is the best Sinner and thus deserves nothing but the best

His N Identity might be a violent fanatic, but he's also quite thoughtful. If you have him as the main screen identity he reminds you to get enough sleep and wants you to let him know if you have any trouble at work.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Now that Thread is easier to get, are there any E.G.Os worth leveling now that it's not such a large investment of a limited resource?

I have Meur's gacha ego at uptie 3 so far and thats it.

I would say stand outs, discounting Mersault's Pursuance, are Faust's Fluid Sac from the paid battle pass, Sinclair's Impending Day from the free battle pass and both of Gregor's gacha EGOs.

Faust's is an AOE attack/heal with a passive that grants 2 protection to your lowest HP character each turn. Its main weakness is the relatively large cost.

Sinclair's gives a passive that gives you 5 sin resource each time you kill an enemy which is great for keeping EGOs going.

Gregor's Legerdemain is alternate Zayin allowing you to change his starting resistances and is also an overall improvement. It has an AOE attack and the passive provides a steady source of bleeding instead of the RNG nature of his base Zayin. Lantern gives you a decent source of on demand healing.

Beyond that it's based on whatever characters you use. EGO's are a good way for you to change your character's weaknesses. For example the chapter 3 boss only uses wrath and lust type attacks, so the ability to remove fatal weaknesses to those is very useful. A lot of the EGOs have specific uses such as for tremor status or sin weaknesses, but it's probably too early at this point to build anything around that, though the overclocks next month might open things up.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1637770162412855296/photo/3
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1637771733540413440?cxt=HHwWgIDRjdytxLotAAAA
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1637772820880199680?cxt=HHwWgMDUtYHtxLotAAAA

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Ariamaki posted:

Thematics: Greed may be one of the more common Sins of the City but it's not that of our Sinners.

Also, Gloom, also known as melancholy or acedia, is part of the original 9 deadly sins so it still works.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Mersault also used to be a N Corp employee so presumably it might come up in his chapter. The weird corporate conspiracy in the background of chapter 3 with K using N to eliminate Sinclair's father who had a deal with P and L is probably going to drag in quite a few characters.

Though I feel like Demian is the stand-in for evil Sinclair, not an N-Corp version.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm very much hesitant to agree with that. The evil counterparts are all pretty explicitly aligned with N Corp, including Kromer, while in the intro movie Demian was standing with another, much more eclectic group. I think it was either Kromer, and she's been dealt with, or Guido will turn out to have survived and will fill her vacant slot.

Whatever's going on with Demian is going to be different. Either his group are guides of a sort for the Sinners, or there's a second group of personal antagonists for the Sinners.

Sonja is working with Hermann and her group, but at the end of chapter 2 he alluded to Demian showing up, as I recall, so there might be some overlap. Though I am also inclined to believe that there is a "hell" antagonist group and "heaven" antagonist group set against the Limbo bus sinners.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Best change from the newest update? Converting to modules no longer resets the Enkephalin counter, so I don't have to wait several minutes to not waste energy.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, I think the strategy is to fight borderline suicidally and abuse the off-team heal to recover from it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Sacrisity 2.0. Lose a clash and enemy heals 130 hp.

gently caress that noise.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Tour bot's gimmick makes the fight much quicker. Use an ego against his crane attack and you'll dodge it exposing his heart. Destroy the heart to stagger tour bot.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Got the frog down to 8 turns. Basically only attacked one of its eyes the entire fight and completely gave up on clashing and was able to manage it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Did Mind Whip get a nerf at some point where it is no longer able to hit enemies with it's random attack early in the fight? I vaguely remember something about that and haven't been able to get it to work for turn lowering attempts.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I've been trying against the N Corp fight and she just isn't willing to whip an enemy in the first wave which has 4 enemies..

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Oh, now that I realize, which identities besides R Heathcliff are used to speedrun Mirror Dungeon? Since now I have him.

The main thing is whom to avoid: R Ishmael and W Don, because they are indiscriminately homicidal and suicidal respectively which makes the win button too dangerous to use.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

DropTheAnvil posted:

Beat Railway on turn 135. Pretty happy with that.

Thanks to whomever mentioned Shi Ishamel. When she is at 50% health, her skills become crazy and won me a lot of clashes. Also Sinclair with impending day gave me enough sin to make the next few fights trivial.

My hard stages were the

Poision Dude
K-Corp Fight

From my experience:

K Corp fight is all about having Gregor's Legerdemain EGO and Kurokumo/Tiang Hong Lu. Legerdemain is spam-able blunt AOE that tears through the grunts and Hong Lu is great for the elite's who you really need to kill in one round. You need a decent split of slash and blunt for the damage. Seven Outis is also pretty good for the fight.

Poison guy you need slash for the beasts and pierce for snake hands. Kurokumo Hong Lu's Cloud Cutter did about 100 damage per use, which made it pretty easy to clear out the beasts first.Try to burn down one arm and then let it revive, preferably around the stagger point, because if you kill both hands quickly you'll have to deal with tons of poison while trying to burn through what's left of his 1500 HP.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's not quite a guide, but here's a full 88 turn clear if anyone wants to use it for reference. It uses 7 000 and 2 00 identities, so that may be a roadblock, but I don't think it's unfeasible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDPvAtq5rA

My second attempt seems to be going much, much better. R Heathcliff truly is a godsend since he just murders staggered enemies by himselfeven with S1.

...I'm still at 29 total turns which doesn't bode well for a sub 120 clear given Inquisitors and such. And I also hosed up some fights but didn't feel like resetting.

EDIT: on that note, which part of Doggo is best to focus on? To see if I bring more Slash or Blunt.

It's a cop out but it depends on your identities. Generally, I think as long as you can reliably win the clashes the head is the better target since removing it reduces the number of attacks and, hopefully, the fight won't last long enough for the telepole's passive to matter. If you don't have the damage or coins, but you can weather the damage, then telepole.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

EDIT 2: Sorry for the constant edits, managed to clear K Corp in 13 turns but man now I'm stumped at the Inquisitor+Doggos. I feel like I barely deal damage to the arms, Heathcliff loses all ammo too fast even when using Bodysack and overall can't see a fast run. Also breaking the arms leads to losing a turn and breaking both makes the Inquisitor gain a bunch of coins, at turn 15 he was 59 HP but I quit because god that felt bad.

Turn 15 is actually a decent speed for that particular fight. You can see that Shastahanshah got a double digit run but still took 14 turns on that and the 88 turn run video I posted earlier still took 11 turns. Damage planning is absolutely critical for that fight; it's the most plate spinning of the fights in the railway.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The nice thing about finishing is that the observation levels seem to have been fixed so you're guaranteed to do more damage in some fights on later playthroughs.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

also i realized Mersault probably has the worst 000s in the game huh, N Corp only really has survival and bind going for him and even after passive changes W Corp is a meme

He's great in regular dungeons. Going through chapters 3's dungeon with Pursuance really takes off some of the pressure.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I am somewhat confused as to whether the "best" banner is only updated until the cutoff or if the number continues to update after the cutoff so long as you got the 120 before then.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1645341260750921729?cxt=HHwWgoDR1ZjKttUtAAAA

Update will fix the coin discard, which will make Refraction much tougher, so probably should try to beat it before then.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Decent guide on steam andhttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2958826280

Also:

Other than that, make sure to use the discard bug to get rid of junk attacks. Makes a big difference.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I will say that the last fight is super easy if you intentionally intercept, clash and lose against the three 50 Karma attacks turn. Along with burning down Aida the first turn, the fight should go much quicker.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

That’s still not a spoiler, because every story ID we’ve seen so far belongs to a dead person.

We know her rear end is dead in ruina by now. :v:

Sinclair's Jefe ID is from Aida who survived.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

and the married spider couple.

That one feels like a Jane Austin reference given that it deals pride damage and gives the prejudice ego gift. I wonder if the sinners aren't the only literature references.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Arzaac posted:

The best guess I've heard about that is the more popular prosthetics are, the more they devalue K Corp's healing bullets, so having N Corp dispose of the prosthetic makers is a win for both Corps.

That's probably part of it, but in the flashbacks Sinclair himself says that everything is started because he lets slip that his father made a deal with P Corp, which his father made him promise not to spill, so it's a form of Corporate warfare/house cleaning, which means Kromer was a diplomat/spy from N corp.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Did the first stage with the pull ego and identity bonus. Got 42 currency. Need 6000. This might take a while.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Arcanuse posted:

mild bug to be aware of: Apparently starting with an ego gift (at least hellterfly dream, in the new dungeon) doesn't block the event?
figured it was 50-50 on whether it would give a second hellterfly dream or not. (it did not. The sinners didn't get burned either though, so :shrug:)

Also: if your sinners are fast and a dancing chicken is encountered, consider politely not mentioning the sauce.
Or do.
So far every special ego gift has been very good, if not always build relevant.

Mentioning gives a very good bleed gift, but the coin check required a perfect run with N-Corp Faust who even has the correct affinity. Seems a little too dangerous considering the "don't mention" gift is just as good, more generally applicable and doesn't have a chance to possibly mess you up. I don't know how bad failing that check is and I've no intention to find out.

The other event at least has a simple correct answer: Chicken is chicken.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
All this talk about the upcoming stuff on the roadmap and no one mentioned that chapter 4.5 is The Magic Hell Bus: Strange Seas Ahead! Embark on a Pelagic Journey! All Hands on Deck to Remodel the Bus!

They are leaning into the Magic School bus meme and chapter 5 is about Ishmael.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Junpei posted:

So, something occurred to me. (apologies for the double post)

I've made posts before about how Ryoshu always has her katana in all of her IDs, and Gregor's arm is somehow screwed up in all his IDs.

In Don's new N Corp ID, one of the NPCs talking about her mentions that she apparently has running shoes on under her boots, which is why she doesn't take them off even during breaks.

I thought for a second, and then went to check her other IDs sprites.

In base LCB, Shi and WARP, she is wearing those same brownish-orange Rocinante shoes.

I'm starting to wonder if all of the IDs have some sort of item or quality that connects them and is a constant in every universe/dimension.

Hong Lu's eye.

Heathcliff's scars.

Ishmael's hairband.

Rodion's tattoo.

Outis' watch.

Most of these are their symbols so it makes sense.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 9, 2023