Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
This poll is closed.
More Bowesette 86 29.76%
This poll being modified by the mods 23 7.96%
game industry unionizing 80 27.68%
less open world AAA games 21 7.27%
being one of cheetah's little pogchamps 1 0.35%
78 26.99%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Acerbatus posted:

I hope one of them is the concept he had of office ladies fighting invading monsters.

My favorite part of any yoko taro production is usually his design notes.

the "LETS loving GO!!!" pic only it's a cute anime girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

BisbyWorl posted:

Now I'm sorta sad I didn't get that achievement properly, I didn't get a chance to actually hear the music.

Outer Wilds is a sad game, in a way you just have one meta reason more

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

VideoGames posted:

I am big into tracker music. Back when MP3s first came about at school, I had been visiting computer fairs and along with buying all these doom / quake wad compilation cds I also bought CDs full of loose tracker music and then turned them into my own mp3s :D

Goodness. I still have them all as well, though no CD drive to read them - but I did archive them digitally. Finding out about a year ago that one of my most favourite old tracker files (Hyperdrive) was made by (if they both used the same handle which marries up in the timeline) also made the music to Hydrocity Zone in Sonic 3 was one of those :eyepop: moments that keeps me on my toes :D

the tracker music to Unreal Tournament still is a banger, I could frag to Mechanism 8 for hours...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR9kvbXt4tk

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Relax Or DIE posted:

oh it's a good time for sure - probably not a hipster choice but my favorite ones were always the various largely benign devices or machines

hell yeah

my favorite is 348 http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-348

also I like that you can just sort by upvotes and forget the cruft

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

wuggles posted:

Nowadays Control has accessibility sliders, so you should cut all the dudes health by like half and it would probably be way better. Playing it at launch every time combat started I was like “ugh not this poo poo again”

I just turned on godmode, still liked it very much and was my top 5 last year.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RBA Starblade posted:

There was a Sci-fi miniseries with the premise of various objects in a particular hotel room becoming imbued with power, somehow (some of it incredibly worthless, like a penny that makes more pennies but not too many pennies), and a detective investigates it. He pulls out his gun on a guy.

"What's the gun do?" "It shoots bullets."

:hmmyes:
You're talking about The Lost Room one of my favorite minis!

it's a nice self contained short mystery that basically screamed SCP (and I guess Control now)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room

no idea where it streams these days, but it was p cool and unique

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mode 7 posted:

I just got done watching Jacob Geller's essay The Shape of Infinity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm5Ogh_c0Ig.
It's games-adjacent in that it features some discussion of the spaces in Manifold Garden but mostly just as part of a much wider ranging discussion on the nature of infinity and a few ways that artists have tried to conceptualise it.

If you haven't seen any of Jacob's work before he does generally 15-30 minute video essays exploring topics through the lens of specific games, generally related to architecture and the use of space which is clearly a passion for him; the first thing I ever saw of his was his video "Control, Anatomy and the Legacy of the Haunted House" which I thought was fantastic and I find him engaging even when he's discussing games I haven't played and don't have much of a frame of reference for and topics I know very little about.

I highly recommend watching this one, I thought it was wonderful.

As a bonus, I didn't realise Susanna Clarke had written another book and I utterly adored Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I also wasn't familiar with Piranesi's work and definitely want to dive into that in more depth later.

As a malus, the lego clock someone built on their dining room table that could be extended to not complete a full rotation within the timeframe of the heat death of the universe with the addition of a single cog is giving me something of an existential crisis. I also wasn't familiar with Roman Opalka's life work and although it might be that I was in a fragile state from the existential dread of the lego clock, the paintings and his processions of photos made me start crying.

When I do eventually go to bed, I think I'm going to spend an hour or two staring at the ceiling before I sleep.

yo that was dope

also gave me the idea for a Mage ttrpg, Piranesi failed an awakening and tried to etch what he saw in the supernal, and the originals are now a mystery

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I thought buying FF14 on their site is better than steam (idk because you get more better discounts or in game free stuff?)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

homeless snail posted:

i go through all the trouble of setting up my wheel to play gran turismo, and it says i'm not online. motherfucker, im extremely online

that reminded me to check, and yes, Thrustmaster Hotas' are still sold out, literally everywhere

for months now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Barudak posted:

Oh cool, the Medium is a stealth adaptation of the Beast roleplaying game to videogames

wow uh gently caress