Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm on call or working most Sundays (and some Saturdays) until the end of the year now and so early games are out for me. I know I'll get called in next Sunday and miss the Seahawks opener but meh. I've been swamped in general though and haven't kept up with football news or info anway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Braksgirl posted:

Cat does not want to receive medicine.

My boy loving loved the dewormer I had to give him after his first vet visit. My girl won't see a vet until the 20th and I already know she's going to fight the whole time.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

Now, to be clear, when you say you’re feeding your boy and girl dewormer. . .

They are cats and it's dewormer for cats, although the vet did tell me the dewormer I got for Katya was human grade and tasted like cupcakes. Not in an "use horse dewormer to cure COVID" way but in a "your kitten will probably be fine taking this and if it gets messy it's not going to kill you" kind of way.

Hahah I'm working both 9/11 and the morning on Sunday since my agency's weekend coverage is short and people a lot higher up the chain than I am want to have the same folks working on one of our really tricky cases. On one hand this means I can avoid all the worst 9/11 coverage and will help me pay for my summer vacation next year, on the other it means I miss all the early games on Sunday.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 11, 2021

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My grandma has been in the ER since 10 this morning waiting for a bed to open. She has double pneumonia and needs to be hospitalized but the local one is so full of Covid patients that there's no room until someone dies. I talked with her and she said she's doing a lot better than before she went but I'm incredibly worried that she's going get worse in the ER if they can find bed for her there or a hospital in Western Washington with room. My whole family in Longview are vaccinated and have been taken Covid seriously and no one is happy about this situation.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grandma finally got fully admitted to the local hospital. I can go to bed now and worry more about this in the morning.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My grandma's been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and the doctors are saying she may be in the hospital for a month if she can get through this initial phase but that she may also not make it out and die there. The goal is definitely to try and get her to the point where she can have low flow oxygen and a regular nasal cannula instead of her high flow 90% oxygen (I think, the more nitty gritty details) and can go home. I don't know how to feel and I'm not ready for this. My grandpa can't even see her since they're not allowing visitors due to COVID so it's hard. I've talked to her and she says she's feeling better and I've been texting cat pictures and dumb football stuff that she can enjoy. I'm going back down to help my grandpa and my mom but it feels so surreal. She was pretty healthy and we all finally got to see each other for the first time in over a year for her birthday last month.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Ugh, best of luck to her. I'm glad she's able to use a phone to get stuff like cute pictures at least it sounds like? I've got some older relatives that would not be able to manage that and it bugs me thinking about how awful it would be to go through something like that with no way to communicate or me being able to try to get them to smile for a second at all.

She's only 72 and for a while was ahead of me on the smart phone curve. She got the first iPhone as soon as it came out and has never looked back. My grandpa can't really text or do much with his phone so it's a lot harder for them to communicate but they've got FB messenger set up at least. My little sister and mom are going over tomorrow to help with the computer and bills since grandma's got everything set up online and grandpa's never been much of a computer guy either.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Dang, rooting for your grandma. Hopefully you & your family can visit while she's in the hospital.

Unless the COVID rate goes down in their county/more people get vaccinated we're probably waiting until she discharges or gets sick enough that the hospital will let us do a goodbye visit. I'm really hoping she'll pull through enough to go home so we can at least have one last get together.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I was a much more hard-core Seahawks fan when I lived in Oakland than when I moved back to Seattle. Part of that was my work schedule allowed me to go to sports bars on Sundays with enough tvs I could wathe the games and get absolutely blasted and didn't work until noon the next day.

I'm a huge Raiders fan despite never living in Oakland because my grandpa's from there and loves them more than the Seahawks. Lol Seahawks games stress me out unpleasantly so I don't normally watch them unless I'm with my giant Seahawks fan grandma. :( Grandpa's Raider fandom was fun in the 80s for them but at least they have always been united against John Elway.

I'm really going to miss her. So far she's holding steady but I'm still going down this weekend for however long, at least to support my grandpa.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

There's a decent group of people in the Seattle area that are Raiders fans because back when there weren't crazy TV deals (aka before Fox got into the business), the Raiders were prominently featured on one of the Seattle TV networks, and due to blackout restrictions, Seattle often wasn't aired because they didn't always sell out their games.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. The only NFL game I've ever been to was a Seahawks/Raiders game I can't remember because I was like 4 and I got a ton of beer poured on me by someone which seems about right for any team playing at the Kingdom in the early 90's. My dad's family are all grim Bills fans so it never mattered much there.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

My mom took us kids to a Seahawks preseason in the kingdome and every adult around us was drunk as gently caress to the point she took us home in like the 3rd quarter. I honestly can't remember but my mom tells me that story a lot.

I wanna take my nephews to a Kraken game, but will need to go to a few to get the vibe so my brother doesn't hate me lol

I feel like the Kingdom was an environment created solely to make adults drunk and endanger children.

I work a few blocks away from Key Arena (I will never call it Climate Pledge Arena, that's loving dumb) so I pre-emptively already hate the awful traffic that's gonna jam up my commute home. My very close friend got some tickets so I'll tag along for at least game with her since hockey is more her sport than mine and I can always have fun getting drunk and watching sports.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Called my girlfriend's parents to tell them I was going to propose to her. They were super excited. This is happening ahhhhhhhh

Congrats! Enjoy the moment!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Idaho's ICUs are all full and they're sending more patients to my state. Interstate relations have never been better!

My hospitalized grandma got a facebook timeout for getting real mad and real hardcore about calling out anti-vaxxers and chud Idahoans complaining that Inslee called them morons. Given the situation, can't say I blame her much.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

What We Do in the Shadows is probably my favorite show that's on right now. With all emergency family stuff going on I haven't been able to catch up on the new episodes but I'll probably binge it this week. Or I'll just rewatch Rome for the 5th time. Or True Blood since it's trashy as hell.

Grandma's been improving a bit. She sounds way better today than earlier this week and they've got her sitting in a chair so we figure that's a good sign. Grandpa and I toured some assisted living facilities today since they'll need some help and I don't think they're super comfortable with in-home caregiving. There's also a bit of drama but taking care of all the other needs for both them leaves me with little energy to social work my own family drama. Watching the Husky game now with grandpa and it's fun but I definitely miss her commentary.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I don't know if I like or dislike that the Live Action Bebop appears to be doing a bunch of the same episodes.

Thank you for listening in these trying times.

I'll admit to being a little hype for it. For me it's really going to come down to how the live action does all the character interaction since that's one of the big things I really, really loved about the original.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah that's definitely the best part.

I was curious if they were just going to remake the episodes 1:1 (the plots if not the specific scene execution). Seems like they are leaning to just re-doing the episodes (sans Ed to begin with it seems).

I wouldn't be surprised but that also wouldn't really bother me much unless it goes really weird. It does seem like they're choosing more the atmospheric episodes (with out ED of course), although if they're going that route give me the episode with the rotting space lobster.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I didn't know they made gown-cut Saints jerseys :v:

With enough time and money you can have one made. I have a friend who did that with a Wazzu jersey a couple of years back.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Ciara at the Met Gala this year

I actually really like that dress and it's the only version of the neon green Seahawks color I like.

I came out years ago as bi and my family has meet all my serious partners of either gender, so it made things a lot easier for baby sister this summer to come out as well. My mom had a moment since she thinks she's too young to know and we both had a tag team talk about it with her and about how my sis is in 8th grade and mom wouldn't have an issue if she was talking about boys she liked.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Awww my grandma talked to me after the Seahawks game and agreed that there can only be one good Seattle team at any moment. She sounds so, so much better and way less slow or labored compared to earlier this week. They have her in a chair now and are letting her move about so I'm a little mor3 hopeful that she'll be discharged from the hospital to hospice/assisted living.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Intruder posted:

Who names their kid Matthew Mathews

Terminally white people. Although that opossum is cute and I hope it did go to that rescue.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I feel like that requires a Full Metal Alchemist style equivalent exchange so we better add in some Heath Ranger on top of it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I have an obscure last name at the end of the alphabet and I don't know what I would do if my folks went with Z Z(last name) for my name. At least with my unique spelling of a common mid-late 80s girls name I just get called names that start with same letter.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

YAY!!!!! Congrats!! Get your cat a fancy bow tie and your fiance a fancy hug!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

There's something almost magical about those LaCrosse names.

Also I got a Raider's pet jersey for my bigger kitten that should be here in time for the Monday night game.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Feel better swickles. That sucks.

Grandma is holding steady. I am worried about grandpa though. He definitely sounds depressed since absolutely convinced himself he's dying first and now that may not be the case it's probably bringing up a lot of stuff that I honestly can't and don't know how to help with. My partner and I are going down down for the day on Saturday while my brother and sister in law are planning on coming up from Oregon so hopefully that will help a bit. He's at least hyped for the Raiders game on Monday and telling me not to get my hopes up about the Mariners so it's not all doom and gloom. Also my pet Raiders jersey came in so gonna wrangle a cat in it on Monday.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

They have accepted each other now.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My partner and I spent today getting things from my grandparent's house since Grandpa's looking to sell it so he and grandma can go in to an assisted living place when she's ready to discharge from the hospital. In some ways it's kind of sadder getting stuff when everyone's alive and I don't know, I have a lot mixed feelings. I got the set of pillows/blankets that they had intended to give to me prior to all the COVID stuff stuff and a nice dining set they'd given to me a while back but kept on hand since I didn't have the space for it. Also a whole flat of homemade spicy dill pickles that we're definitely not going to finish off any time soon but friends of mine like so I'll probably divide it up with them and some homemade raspberry vodka, made with homegrown raspberries.

I also was going to try getting the Raiders jersey on one of the cats since my little grey lady is now exploring and hanging out in the living room but it's been a weird and draining day. I definitely need to get a bigger cat tower/tree for them though since they are currently battling it out for the top spot.

On the other hand the Mariners won right when the edible kicked in. Over all, it's a mixed day.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grandma's taken a turn for the significantly worse and has requested to be taken off of high flow oxygen to just get pallative care. My grandpa's been to see her now that she's made that choice and my mom is planning on going tomorrow since she can only have one visitor a day. She'll probably pass tonight or tomorrow. I'm deeply sad but I've made my peace and am focusing on what I can do to help my grandpa going forward.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grandma died yesterday. I'm not sure how feel other than sad and incredibly mad that all the loving MAGA chuds in her county flooded the hospital and made so we couldn't even see her. She packed a lot of living in to 72 years and was a wonderful person who would be upset that I'm so upset she's gone because at least she's not in pain anymore and won't be tied down to machines she would have hated having to lug around. She was a cancer nurse for 30+ years, campained hard for Washington's death with dignity act, loved the Seahawks/Mariners/Sonics, and loved her family. She was also very much a leftist and there was a very, very big break after Trump was elected with the rest of her family so I'm really, really not looking forward to the funeral when they'll all be there. At least she was an anchor to all my cousins who were escaping weird John Birch society right wing beliefs.

I'll watch TNF tomorrow because that's what she would have wanted since football was always her favorite thing and she could talk for hours about it. Lol the biggest strain on her marriage with my grandpa was the fact that he was always a bigger Raiders fan than Seahawks fan and she didn't like him going to Oakland and maybe shivving people at games (cannot confirm).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ehud posted:

who else has a boss that doesn't do jack poo poo all day

I suspect that one of the reasons my work was super accommodating about letting me work from home this week is because I do my bosses job plus mine half the time. Also I legitimately would have lost it if I was in the office at anypoint.

My big boy cat got neutered today and immediately got out of his collar. I had to call the vet up to ask how to get it back on and feel like the dumbest bitch around because I'd spent too much time trying to work it out on my own. Turns out it's super easy, I just had the whole thing upside down.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

AA if you ever come to Seattle, there's a Vietnamese deli that serves garlic chicken wings that we always get for family events that everyone loves. Let me know and I'll hook you up!

Let me know here so I can also get them on my way home or what not.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Well gently caress me my mom is very VERY symptomatic. Fully vaxxed with booster. COVID related pneumonia didn't show up on xrays but looks to be developing according to a couple of doctors.

That sucks. I hope she gets better and recovers quickly.

My freshly neutered cat has managed to get his hard cone off 4 or 5 times so we switched him to a soft recovery collar that's so much easier to get on. Plus it's flat so he can eat a lot easier. He just got his cat drugs and is sleeping it off on the bed with the gray lady.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Its Tan Dinh Deli in the international district. Extremely unassuming place and a little dive-y, probably makes it taste better. They have Banh Mi too, which I surprisingly haven't tried!

Tan Dinh is great! I've never had the wings but you really should try the Banh Mi. If you're ever in Othello, hit up Hoang Lan for Bun Bo Hue and the Le Bakery also has really good Banh Mi. I'll try and stop by on my way home next week since I'll be going back to my normal hybrid telework/office day schedule.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm lazy about salads so I like to keep it pretty basic with just spinach, tomatos, and cucumber. Sometimes I'll add in feta, beets, green onion, or bell peppers. I change up dressings but tend to go with either a basic Italian or a sesame ginger one. Also I love a good antipasto but I'm not great at making them.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Gruden gives serious "females don't like football for real" vibes.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My buddies are now cuddling in the top part of the cat tree instead of fighting eachother for it. Yay! It's given me a bit of a smile in a tough time. My grey lady is a bit skittish but very, very cuddly when she's comfortable and it's been really nice the last week or so. Between work getting absolutely insane and my grandma's passing, they've been a nice joy.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is one catte wearing what appears to be a life preserver?

Katya got neutered on Friday. He had a cone that he managed to pull off 4 times in 24 hours so the vet gave the go head to put him in a much, much easier and less stressful to get back on soft recovery collar.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Got a sold claw to the arm from getting my grey cat in to the carrier to go to the vet. It's been awhile and I feel bad everytime since she's terrified of the crate and the vet. My white kitten on the otherhand loves the carrier and will get it in his own.

As for true crime, eh. I prefer stuff that's less murdery and more crazy heists/robberies/scams. I do like cult stuff though. I think some of that is having gone to a church founded by psychic for large part of my childhood.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Welp I reached a breaking point and cried for what seemed an hour today after my partner and I got home from helping my family sort through and pick out my grandma's stuff. It all sucks and I kinda want to hermit for the next few days with my cats and a buch of edibles.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

My sweet puppy Marge died suddenly this morning. God loving drat it. Almost made it to 9.

:negative:

She will be missed.

I'm so, so sorry.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Awww, this made me smile.

I sprained my wrist this morning, which sucks, but I'm going to make some delicious dinner which doesn't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1450243559911682052?t=BfBaMPgiahvXx8qPokYpqg&s=19

Bye bitch

Edit: for those who don't know, it's Wazzu's head coach who refused to be vaccinated. Wheez is smiling somewhere.

Haahhaha gently caress off forever Rolovich. You and two of the worst people I've ever worked with can join that doomed lawsuit about the state worker mandate and eat poo poo forever.