Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pants Donkey posted:

again, it is amazing how Garrison’s opinion of anyone is based on how they’ve treated Trump in the past 24 hours.

It's not even like, "he has his faults, but on this issue he is doing the right thing", he's actively renouncing any criticism he ever had of the guy previously now ted's done a thing ben likes. This loving guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

also what was the Pelosi piece standing on? where did it come from? how did Trump knock it off with that hand movement? was it just floating in the air? how big is it?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

You guys are all morons. What happened is like if Hillary and Trump had had 50 basketball games where she overall scored more baskets but the games in which Trump scored more baskets had less baskets overall and then from each game a number of basketball players were elected and they played a Basketball College where the players each got to score a basket but the number of basketball players scoring a basket was not perfectly proportional and also uhh the senate was like, uh, a football game and also uh, the primaries, which were golf except the golf ball was a volleyball which represents the DNC and a hockey puck which represents Bernie Sanders which was thrown at a tennis racquet which is Twitter, Twitter is the tennis racquet and then

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

...is Biden wearing a yarmukle?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

oh no the post-apocalypse trump cartoons are spreading

Moon Slayer posted:

Exactly, anyone having any even remotely positive feelings about the transition is betraying The Cause. You should be angry and miserable at all times until the world is 100% perfect.

This seems a tad uncharitable, I took that comic as being against a certain kind of well-to-do centrist rather than like, anyone slightly hopeful about Biden

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Remember, the Daily Mail makes Newsmax and OANN look liberal.

Clay Bennett

Now the fish have guns! You fool, you've doomed us all!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

labelling... labelling never changes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Taking a bold stand against the widespread social ill of our time, overenthusiastic hugging. What?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also it's a terrible metaphor because THERE ISN'T A VACCINE AGAINST BULLETS.

You start with shooting tiny bullets at yourself and then gradually work up to bigger ones

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Calling dibs on that muppet boris for an avatar :allears:

e: god drat I forget about the fuckin gang tag every time :v:

I like how you didn't have to change the caption

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Garrison posted:

I could have drawn a cartoon joke

A bold claim

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

My vague recollection is the magnets line became viral in part because of the line after, where he says he doesn't want to ask a scientist why because they are all lying and getting him pissed. This was around the peak of Internet Atheism and the like so this kind of "you can't explain it! It's God" argument hit a nerve amongst all the internet nerds looking for the next fundie anti-science meme to own with facts and logic

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Idk, that guy doesn't look like an AP journalist to me. The logo is off and the rockets are unusual for the profession. It must have been a good thing they destroyed that press building

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Wait so is this one of the "good" demons #NotAllDemons or are woke autonomous spaces thorns in the sides of the powers that be now? Starting to think this internet web comic might not make a whole lot of sense

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Allie's a hacky gun for hire, but Stantis in the past has shown the ability to make an actual point

on that day, stantis knew he had failed, by not listening to his natural cynicism. he vowed then and there to be cynical forevermore. as god as his witness he would never believe strongly in anything in particular again

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

A place with a 51% black population could never have racist voting laws! Why, if a candidate put such things into place then the black people could merely vote them out with all the votes that they would have still. Easy.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Is there a single political figure anywhere that some british cartoonist will not give a nose shaped like a penis

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vagabong posted:

The contrast between Johnson's depiction in the Australian and English Murdoch press is giving me brain damage.

Famously woke boris johnson, noted for his dedication to social justice and meaningful action on climate change

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

now now, ishida has merely made a stupid character talk about prison rape, which means it's totally fine and the fact that it's the entire punchline completely irrelevant

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i know this is "thing happened/holiday" stuff, but i found this one heartwarming.

it's not actively hateful, thus putting it in the top 5% of political cartoons of all time

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

This could be a pro-trans comic with minimal changes if any, good job

Also has this Seder guy tried feeding in lines to a stooge with an earpiece yet, feel like that would work

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hang on a second...

What a wild and ridiculous accusation, that the government of the UK may possibly be racist. Surely not

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Come to think of it this is in the same genre of joke as all those lazy "Here is a picture of X [blank space showing no X]" toons we know and love to hate. But because Kal isn't a hack just making the joke as an excuse to draw nothing he's made an actual good cartoon by drawing an empty street set up for a parade that hasn't come, which in a way is more empty of people than a white void would be. Thus concludes amateur art analysis with angepain

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Thats gotta be a parody because its labeling stuff in a way thats too self reflecty

Garrison knows full well that he uses a lot of labels, he just thinks by overusing them he's Owning The Libs who criticise/make fun of him for it. If Garrison got laughed at for wearing his shirt inside out he'd spend the rest of his life with his labels on the outside, and be sure he was doing his bit for right wing supremacy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

"Also you have a different name on your podium, for some reason. Just sloppy work all round."

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Oh my god this is amazing. A person actually drew this and was like, yes, i am making political commentary on anything actually happening at all in reality

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Replace the phones with copies of the Daily Mail and this is an accurate picture of the resting state of Thomas's readership

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Being stranded on a desert island, with no medical access, and realizing you might have Covid is indeed a terrifying situation! Oh wait you're just mad at the app.

I mean he was on a cruise ship so he probably has like, every variant simultaneously

But that mean old government won't even let him have sex with the island lady :mad:.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Anti-vaxxers are making the best attempt possible at getting the world to have victory over covid, despite that being clearly impossible. What?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

mlnhd posted:

Why are all these people mad at the pings. can't you just turn off the notification?

edit: and who has audible notifications turned on anyway?

The "pings" are notifications that you have been in contact with soneone who has covid and so you need to self-isolate for a while

Boris has clearly said that Freedom Day is here and thus the pandemic is over, so these weird messages about how covid still exists must be the app's fault. Dang phones and their apps

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

A real and not made up problem: roving bands of vaccinated people seeking out anti-vaxxers specifically for the point of engaging them in violence.

After a long time of the same thing we in the Down With Cis Bus have been wanting to vary our targets a little

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I think this too, but I also think we’re never going to get an explicit explanation. This is a comic where it’s impossible to determine the relationship between the two protagonists(here I mean Slick and Monique, they aren’t protagonists anymore, the whole comic is just an indecipherable morass).

I think a lot of the comic is less about specific 1:1 metaphors and more of a like, impressionistic free-association of various concepts he's aware of. Like, trans activism is a Thing In Society, taking drugs is a thing, riots are a thing, social media is a thing, and so he just kind of mashes them together. I'm not sure he's even trying to have a consistent metaphor for most of this, he's just shoving a bunch of stuff in there because it feels profound to him and he can't really tell the difference between making any kind of statement and just assembling a random mishmash of current affairs concepts.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that the current iteration of Sinfest is just one big continuous A Thing Happened.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Minna Sundberg beat him to this, and it looks better and likely makes more sense (relatively speaking) than anything he could put out. But whatever, you’re officially in a competition for “Most Tragic Change in Politics for a Reclusive Webcomics Artist” so maybe it’s time to re-evaluate your life.

Oh no did Sunberg do something

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

I like how he made a comic that is just every scare word that Kirschen could think of.

I think it's a guest comic for Sinfest

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

it's hard for me to believe ben garrison is a real person also, to be fair

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

That's the first time I've seen an Afghan dog used as a symbol for all Afghanistan.

...guess it's preferable to an angry bearded scimitar terrorist, at least

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

this guy just draws this stuff, lies back in his chair, and says to himself, yes, today I have made something profound, today I have really made a statement about the state of the world today, yes. did you see where i made a joke about identifying as an attack helicopter? I am the most cutting satirist alive today

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I found an old book of political cartoons from 1989 lying around, and I figured you lot would "enjoy" some of these. Please forgive my mediocre scanning and the yellowy paper that may or may not have been that colour at time of printing.

Bennett drawing backgrounds!

Gorrell drawing at all!

Ramirez... still being a piece of poo poo!

You'll never guess what those clowns in congress are a bunch of!

It was a year ending in a number between 0 and 9 so abortion was a hot-button issue.

There was also a school shooting that year, which I'm hazy on the details but I'm sure the government acted quickly and effectively to prevent such a thing happening again.

Also important this year: flag burning!

The Environment was a big issue as well, with the hole in the ozone layer and scientists apparently looking into this little thing called the "greenhouse effect" . This was over 30 years ago so I'm sure that's been dealt with by now.

Here are some others I felt like scanning.
The phrase "War on Drugs" would keep being used for another 20 years, when as I understand it the Obama administration decided to keep on doing the war on drugs but at least not calling it that anymore.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 5, 2021

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

yeah, a few times some organisation relating to e.g. period poverty or abortion access or cervical cancer screenings or similar has referred to "menstruators" or "vulva owners" or other inclusive language, so as to include people with the relevant plumbing that don't identify as women. Now, modifying existing terms while still being understandable is always going to lead to a bit of awkward-sounding terminology, especially when there isn't a totally accepted inclusive term to use, but the criticism from terfs is less along these lines and more that the transes are abolishing the concept of "woman" and will henceforth force us all to refer to ourselves as Bleeding Vaginas With Flesh Surrounding, no other word will be accepted in any context by the Woke. you know, reasonable conclusions that one makes when one approaches a topic in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I hope the mu variant isn't particularly infectious or newsworthy, partly for the lower danger to human life but primarily to spare me from seeing more stupid cow jokes