Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

They got to go to the 4 Seasons Total Landscaping business??? Jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Procrastinator posted:

low key the funny part to me, the classic wwe-ism, is you could have just taken that women's segment and done it in the opposite order. Have Raquel come out, cut her promo, rhea and bianca come out, they celebrate together w/ the picture up, and THEN have taya come out to interrupt that. Interrupting the celebration is way more of a goad if you're angling for a title match, and now you have a little seed you could use later on if she feuds with either of the other women.

Bruce Prichard had removed you from the creative team.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm so stupid I never realized the guy taking the Canadian Destroyer was doing most of the work. I've been worked!!!

That being said, wasn't Bad Bunny pretty much loving amazing based on expectations or even an average Raw match?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Blaise330 posted:

Yeah moreso than "Celebrity did move X and Y" he got pacing and match psychology and timing and he knew how to sell. Also he spent like 80% of the match being the legal man and still had spots after he tagged out.

I totally agree. Dude looked like a wrestler with everything you said. I was so shocked.

He must have been in the Performance Center for a decade!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

flatluigi posted:

you should watch kota ibushi's best match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LApVz53Spw

I understand your point. lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BGrifter posted:

the best wrestler takes the move was angry Shawn Michaels selling for Hulk Hogan

Edit for a classic: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bw2g

There is no other guy in WWE that could have ruined the main event of Summerslam and gotten away with it.

I mean, ruin is subjective. He ruined it but also made it awesome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BGrifter posted:

Who’s the funniest person Disney/Amazon/whatever could hire to run a newly acquired WWE?

Who's in charge of Pizza Hut right now?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

My Lovely Horse posted:

Love it

basically any "occult" character WWE has done after Taker really is on that level though

lol, this reminds me of Papa Shango inexplicably running in to interfere in the main event of WM8. My memory might have failed but I don't remember him having anything to do with Sid/Hogan. Then the run-in was mis-timed likely due to the aisle being so loving long and he didn't make it in time making Sid have to kick out of the legdrop. What a moment!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's pretty funny that they keep trying to make another the occult guy in the mould of Taker, but apparently they also keep forgetting that Taker worked because he was silent for like 95% of the time.

This, and also it was like an event if Taker lost. At least for the first few years. Like the first two losses I remember is Hogan being a dick and throwing the urn's ashes in Taker's face, and him facing Yoko and literally every heel in the company came down to beat him up and literally kill him. Aside from that he was just destroying folks week after week.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The making everyone on the sides of the graphic getting progressively shorter doesn't really work. Alexa is barely on the graphic. It is hilarious tho.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Rarity posted:

I thought that was Neville. Whatever happened to that guy?

I think he went into real estate after failing as a WWE superstar.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jiro posted:

Miz took that right on his Naruto headband hopefully he's fine. :laffo:

#JoMoforCage

Whoever threw that is almost on the level of the guy who threw beers to Austin.

Miz. Concussed by a tomato.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

Looking forward to the maudlin WWE 24 in ten years about Miz getting domed by a tomato.

:sad music: "I had just been WWE champion a few months before, on top of the world. And then it happened. Looking back it was a crazy stunt to attempt and things went wrong. The tomato hit me right in my head. It shattered the tomato and my skull. Afterward I couldn't remember the ingredients of salad. I later learned the trainers backstage were terrified. When I got to the back they asked me if I remembered the entire skit and I said no. Also my tag partner got hit by a tomato in his penis. He did lose the penis. But we were making the WWE Universe happy so we were proud to do it."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cavauro posted:

feces. my nxt uk name

Feces Martin, eventually dropped to just Feces.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Bah gawd, fire and brimstone, King! These people have families and he doesn't care!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I would have assumed he was crying because he was in the WWE PC.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

It's in her stories section but here:

lol these people are going to work themselves into finally wearing masks to protect themselves from vaccinated people.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gonz posted:

I saw a list of great college baseball names earlier today and I am convinced that Triple H is going to crib every one of these names for future talent.

I'm reading Flair's autobiography right now and there's the part where he's trying to think of a ring name and the promoter is like, "You already got it, kid. Instead of Rick Fliehr you'll be Ric Flair!"

I wonder how the course of pro wrestling history would have changed if the promoter was like, "I got it, kid! You're going to be Itchy Burts!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't think so? His shoot name is Eric Bugenhagen, which the NXT Naming Gods decided was too long/confusing/ethnic I guess, so they changed it to Rik Bugez, which was meant to be pronounced "Boogs" but you would get a "Boo-gez" or "Bug-ezz" sometimes, so the changed the spelling.

Historic trends of weird assigned names make it more likely (but still pretty unlikely) that if there was any external reference here, it would be to former first basemen/pitmaster Boog Powell.

Does it have to start with B? Just say Smith. Eric Smith. It doesn't matter. None of this matters.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Edge & Christian posted:

I was not defending either his birth name or his various gimmick names, I was only explaining that the starting point for the gimmick name was the name he was born with and used prior to/at the start of his wrestling career, and any variation on it was likely influenced by the name on his birth certificate and not a proto-shock jock whose career peaked in the late 1970s. I agree that people both in wrestling and real life can call themselves whatever name they like, regardless of initial letter.

I was just making an Aqua Teen reference.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DLC Inc posted:

lol that Velveteen doesn't even mention anything about what a piece of poo poo rageaholic he supposedly was at the performance center, doing poo poo like breaking car windows, which was likely what stopped HHH from saving him or trying to help him further.

Wasn't that Drake?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda hope JR gets replaced by Callis soon.

JR is definitely passed his prime, but I'm very happy with the AEW no heel commentator thing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

THEN.
NOW.
FEDORA.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Intruder posted:

Maybe the only person in the company with the pull to refuse as well at the moment?

Bray is a wrestling genius. He outsourced his act to a hot girl and a doll who are in the upper card/main event and he just sits on his rear end at home reaping all the merch money.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Edge & Christian posted:

Okay let's play out the Million Dollar Lineal if we assume that house shows matches count but it's only defended in singles matches and can't change hands on a DQ/countout. This went some places.

2/16/1989: Ted Dibiase introduces the belt, defeats the Blue Blazer
2/17/1989: Ultimate Warrior pins Ted Dibiase at a house show
4/2/1989: Rick Rude pins Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania V
8/7/1989: Brutus Beefcake pins Rick Rude at a house show
8/20/1989: Rick Rude (2) pins Brutus Beefcake at a house show
8/28/1989: Ultimate Warrior (2) pins Rick Rude at Summerslam
1/19/1991: Sgt. Slaughter pins Ultimate Warrior at Royal Rumble
3/17/1991: Ultimate Warrior (3) beats Sgt. Slaughter in a cage match in Miami
10/25/1998: Hulk Hogan pins The Warrior at Halloween Havoc
3/14/1999: Ric Flair defeats Hulk Hogan in a First Blood Cage Match at Uncensored 1999
4/12/1999: Sting pins Ric Flair on Nitro
6/13/1999: Rick Steiner defeats Sting in a Falls Count Anywhere match at the Great American Bash 1999 after Sting is attacked by a pack of dogs
7/6/1999: Buff Bagwell pins Rick Steiner at a house show
9/13/1999: Berlyn pins Buff Bagwell on Nitro
10/24/1999: Brad Armstrong pins Berlyn at Halloween Havoc
12/20/1999: Madusa pins Brad Armstrong on Nitro
1/16/2000: Oklahoma pins Madusa at Souled Out 2000
8/7/2002: Bo Dupp pins Oklahoma/Ed Ferrera on an early TNA PPV
8/14/2002: Teo, The World's Smallest Extreme Athlete pins Bo Dupp on a TNA PPV

I cannot find any record of Teo dropping a match since that day, and therefore he is hypothetically the original lineal Million Dollar Champion.

So if I get access to a ring and pay Teo like fifty bucks or so to job I can become the lineal Million Dollar Champion???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

Coming soon for 6 bucks on Cameo!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

Just going to steal the recap from reddit since it's all in one place

Notes taken from various Twitter accounts such as Fightful, F4W, Satin, Alba, and PWInsider]

• Triple H media call for #NXTTakeOver starting now. Says In Your House is becoming a fun old school flashback show for NXT

Is anyone even nostalgic for IYH? It was the lovely B level shows between the real PPVs. It's no Clash of the Champions or something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Testekill posted:

” It's so funny to me sometimes how in our business, everyone is so worried about where someone is going to go or land or how is this going to play out long-term in the future. How about watch it? Do you like it or do you not like it? Do you have to say 'I like it, but I like this other thing more." Just watch it or don't."

"And stop trying to figure out where everything goes. Fans ruin their own stuff half the time trying to figure out where everything goes and why it's going there and how, and then trying to pick up their phone and search for the thing to find out what it is can ruin it for them so they aren't surprised when it happens. I don't understand that.”

Gee I wonder why Trips seems to be being pushed out of power.

What surprises are we supposed to be ruining? What the hell can I learn about the long-term future of anything in WWE when the main event of Raw isn't written before the show starts? Yeah, I'm gonna somehow spoil next year's Mania card even though they won't even start thinking about it until the morning of the Rumble.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I hope Khan fires Joe again in like 2 weeks and then HHH rehires him and it keeps going on forever.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ad by Khad posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Supposedly About Sports > Punch Suplex (Tokyo Joshi) Pro > WWF News/Views: The Game Is Getting Outplayed

if you don't love to see it what the gently caress is wrong with you

It's pretty awesome that old HHH t-shirt is relevant again: "GAME OVER!? You're drat Right I'm Over". Except this time the t-shirt is tear stained.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

In news that will shock approximately...zero people:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1405577558922514438?s=19

That looks like a painting you'd find in an old haunted mansion of the patriarch of the family who mysteriously vanished over a hundred years ago.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Astro7x posted:

I don't know how you would advertise a free HIAC match on TV, do a gently caress finish, and expect THAT to motivate people to pay money to watch the exact same match on PPV where nothing would be different.

Maybe the PPV will feature the first ever Hell in the Cell in a Cell match where the Cell is enclosed in a bigger cell to prevent people from breaking into the main cell.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

StarkRavingMad posted:

Big Dave about it:

This is approaching late-WCW wackiness where the leaks coming out hours before the show were more riveting than the actual show.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I suddenly think of HHH's crap attack the other week about how fans keep trying to spoil themselves by trying to find out what is going to happen. lol WWE doesn't know what is going to happen next!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Seams posted:

The angle they cut to made Rey’s bump look worse.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1406068177923149825

It doesn't even seem he'd need crash pad for that. Sure, might as well use one I guess, but it looks like very typical cage bump.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Brock better job to Alexa.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DEAR RICHARD posted:

with or without paul?

Brock vs. Roman in a Paul on a pole match.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Just thought of the possibility of Corbin being canned because Khan is just going by numbers and doesn't give a poo poo about politics. That would be great drama.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

What the hell year was this pic taken in??

Also I don't think I've ever seen Vince not in a suit aside from the Bret Screwed Bret interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Why is the story crazy, Dave? Why is the story crazy??