Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Platystemon posted:

loling that the World Health Organization didn’t consider that “delta” is common scientific shorthand for “change of” and strike it from the list

If we get get to twenty‐three variants of concern, we’re beyond caring that we “wasted” a letter up front.

wasnt there a hurricane delta a few years ago?

also context clues are a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zugzwang posted:

:coronatoot: Not gonna lie, I've been checking on this dude multiple times a day.

Having more outspoken critics like this die of covid might actually nudge some of the holdouts to get vaccinated.

IIRC the "scared straight" programs actually backfired and tended to lead to a higher likelihood of those kids committing crimes :eng99:

somewhat related, those highschool classes where you pretended to carry a baby around also might have backfired wrt to teen pregnancy rates.

also is it my goon face blindness, or does that regressive radio host covid truther look like an evil twin/mirror universe or Alex Trebek?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt Korn do music for that halo-killer game , Haze, and it definitely killed Halo and wasnt a failure.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zil posted:

So just had a thought, there's got to be someone out there that has caught covid in every wave right but still survived right?

ah so like that one nuke guy.

except this is biology which means they're a prime candididate for SCIENCEING to see if we can make a super vac from them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
something something the devil can quote scripture.

*injects horse drugs to own libs*

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

gently caress this guy, but why the gently caress are jail punishments so random.

like pedos and white terrorists get 1 week of time out and a 50$ bail.

but this guy gets 30 years and 10 000$ bail.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
like the CDC sucks and they're slow walking vac policy and a bunch of other stuff, but they really need to issue new cards that arent simple cardboard and have a bunch of anti counterfeiting like goon dice sparkles.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Nah he uses his GALAXY BRAIN FUEL. dont be a soy boy cuck.

Also dont read our ingredient label, reading is for beta soy boys. and if you do read it eat a bowl of chili to forget your kids names i mean forget the ingredients

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

temple posted:

Why take monoclonal antibody therapy but not a vaccine?

because paying pennies its loving free jesus loving christ for prevention doesnt allow him to show off his wealth and status by paying pounds for the cure.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so in Rush's age range?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

naem posted:

for any non american goons, 4 inches is approximately 246.0237942873111 cubic deco-hectometers

At least its a rectangle made from two 3-4-5 triangles.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Homocow posted:

uhh isn't he advocating a crime?

and of course, in classic abuser form they blame their victims, "you forced me to do this"

courts have ruled that no reasonable person of sound mind and avg IQ would take anything from a Fox talking head show as serious info.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Wendigee posted:

can't it be re-litigated with new evidence? they continue to commit the action they claim no one believes and there's protests every day across the country and facebook to prove they believe it. surely there's not double jeopardy anything for this

Tiller the Baby Killer
Tiller the Baby Killer
Tiller the Baby Killer
Tiller the Baby Killer

We had nothing to do with his death.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

lmao

edit: to be clear, when doofus says "Lord, please love-up on this girl!" she loses it. Because that is loving funny as hell and she still retains a shred of her humanity, apparently.

those human thumbs like that this is the closest they been to a HSer and not have a cop called, or mace or tasers involved.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Is that guys son's name Issac ?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I thought reddit nuked THEDONALDWIN, or did they give a wrist slap or did they do a paper thin name change?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This whole push towards "natural immunity is the best defence against infection" is real fuckin' weird because in order to get antibodies "naturally" you need to have caught covid already. The secret to decreasing cases is ..... to increase cases????

https://twitter.com/MonicaGandhi9/status/1435223571878481927

It was always projection. "I'm not the one throwing a tantrum out about this, you are!!"

You use a nuke to vaporize the forest. There's then no tree to catch fires in wild fire season.

(Also you have to use follow up nukes to nuke the plants/weeds that grow within days or even hours of the soil cooling down because first adopter species are agressive. Maybe salt and pave the area too)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how did mRNA tech fly under the radar?

I seem to recall something called "bacteria phages" was suppose to be one of the future supa medical science thing, and it was a pop science topic of the week/month, but then the hype died and it went into the slow grind/small incremental advancement part of the science cycle.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Why does that rock monster need a microwave to heat up metal to eat? Just have Enrique heat it up.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Actually russia is good now.

Well regressives think Russia is good, because Donnie loves Russia. Also Team R gets a poo poo ton of dark money from various rich russian people and its better to be a rich rat than a not rich rat.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

pro mask pro vac "silent majority"

Maybe this "silent majority" needs to not be silent any more.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at tin hats not getting the etymology of light bringer, secular, or corporal.

Also yeah foreign tinhats have been parroting Q and MAGA poo poo for a while. Sorry that America infects the rest of the world through passive osmosis.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

The US should never have legitimized chiropractors.

but their lobby pays nice.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
shouldnt the fact that there's already dozens, maybe even hundreds millions of men that have gotten vacced and we only have one giant ball case, be a case of her totes 99999999999999999% real cousin being a literally 1 in a million case or is a freak because his genes mean that vacs are safe from balls?

my loving god people are bad at maths and risk assessment.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

why even bother with name changes, people have already like 3/4 year of using just the company brand name, like its the thing with Xerox or other BRAND thing where a term was genericize, except reverse, if anything isnt better to associate it with BRAND?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Butterwagon posted:

Heroin addicts inject themselves with all kinds of unknown poo poo. Is there any instance of one of them injecting something that causes no immediate reaction but causes them to suddenly drop dead several years later? As far as I know if you get injected with something, you will react to it almost immediately, and either survive from that or die. You don't just have some dormant substances lodged in your spine ready to precipitate into your bloodstream and kill you when you pick up the mail.

thos people died because MJ12 found them and finally got to use their kill phrase.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie did not get his shot on cam right?

Wonder if it because he still believed in his "fake cyna virus" story and needed to look like a strong man or he's a massive baby about shots and was wailing at the tiny needle.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
joke answer, white american diets are poo poo and lack fiber, so when they tried these prepper bean dishes, their normal GI microbiome was like "poo poo"

ArbitraryC posted:

There was never any supply chain disruption in toilet paper and yet it was hard as hell to come by for a time. Same with a variety of foods, and one that particularly chaffed me: flour (because I know the idiots buying it all never actually used it). I can sorta understand the cdc's approach there, they'd have been off the shelves in a weekend because panic buyers are stupid assholes that will always pick the mutually destructive option.

I wonder if its possible to detect the carbon cost of all the meat and produce that got thrown away by those dumb panic buyers.

Also I hate that this universe has soooooo many adults make life decisions/choice based on what an adult comedy cartoon tells them. (talking about the Family Guy vac thing. jfc)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The vocab term for the razor thin supply chain model of today is called Just In Time.

Like why waste money on warehouses when nothing bad happens and-*bad thing happens*

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, this is the elephant in the room that tends to get ignored. Rupert Murdoch set up a propaganda machine that is continuing to run unchecked in the US, and Sinclair Broadcasting is feeding slightly more subtle propaganda through its network of "local" TV stations. There is all sorts of handwringing about social media, but the active brainwashing that has become endemic (heh) in our broadcast media is glossed over or ignored.

Murdoch is Australian , someone down under neesds to arrest him and then throw him into a the deepest prision hole AU has.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
3rd wave is pretty good forthem, like arent we in 4 or 5.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

lol what happen to the stockpile people should still have assuming it didnt get burned in a wildfire or flooded in a flood.

like I still have the stuff from my 2020 Q1 & Q2 pruchases (which means my e-kit for staying put has a nice base)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tagra posted:

If they trace an outbreak back to her there better be attempted manslaughter charges.

I dont think this is a thing. Like it could be a thing since regressives were not able to get immunity for their biz overlords wrt to covid stuff, but scummy lawyers had almost 2 years to get their prep work done and there's no tv or radio commercials saying "sue your boss or X for giving you covid."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Too many cooks authors spoil the vac.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

the cruise industry really needs to like ignore the regressive states of america for a few decades.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nah, masa already has a common usage with a type of corn dough used for latin food.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

I liked the "organized left" from that Brietbart article someone posted a few pages back as well. But "tolerant left" as an ironic name for anyone who opposes something obviously racist or stupid is old, I think maybe a Rush Limbaugh thing or at least used heavily in that circle, i.e. "so much for the tolerant left!" to conclude some monologue and reinforce the idea that the left is hypocritical I guess.

I definitely heard an unironic example from some OANN or some other z poo poo tier """"""""""news""""""""""""" org during a press event on Capital Hill when MTG or Boeburt were shouting about some stupid thing.

Somepeople crashed the presser and then the oaan hole barked "so much for the tolerant left."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well they're a real university, although most famous for the Climategate email hack, and almost bankrupting themselves building a satellite campus (with huge accommodation tower block) in London that was used in lots of "scare the white people" stories when their prayer room wasn't opened in time so a few hundred Muslim international students did their prayers on the street outside the tiny local mosque across the street.

(I'm being harsh on them, the whole reason why Climategate was such a big thing was that UEA is a world leader on research into climate change - they're pretty legit at least in that field, I've no idea what their medical department is like)

Wasnt Climategate a bunch of nothing burger horse poo poo from regressives because surely the fake smoking gun is here, and no its just emails.

Its just like the Clinton emails. pizza is just pizza and clinton is an old woman that sometimes literally just ask or sends cookie recipes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lord Stimperor posted:

Haven't tried it personally yet but in the Netherlands the response varies. Some businesses are strict and will actually check the code. Others will only look whether it looks right (there is an animation playing on the QR code app so you can't just present a screenshot). Still others don't bother.

There's a work function next week and one colleague has won't join because she either can't or won't provide a certificate (of either vaccination or negative test). It's kind of disappointing because she's a super nice person and now I'm afraid she's an anti vaxxer woo woman in the best case, or a turbo chud in the worst.

Those cyborgs are lying about the animation. Report them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
just contaminate the opioid supply with the roni pill.