Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
me and Bigfoot are gonna gently caress the aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

BeefThief posted:

So you're saying Biden won't be declassifying the demon files?

but Joe... you are the demons

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

what kind of monster would dispose of a PS5 this way

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

You ever think about John Titor? I think he was basically right and I hope he got that 486 back to the future to save everyone from y2k part 2.

I would really look forward to living in a commune growing oranges and living in a stilt house on canal streets.

I think about him all the time.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Wonder Woman was a documentary

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

emfive's doll collection getting weird

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
my droney! my droney!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Falling down a wiki rabbit hole about how mars and venus had billions of years where they could have very ably supported life and it's loving my head in

We were seeded weren't we

I remember reading an academic paper that established some measure of genetic complexity then extrapolated backward and claimed that life has been evolving for 10 billion years rather than 4 billion

makes you think

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
countdown to aitee part ii

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I miss Art Bell

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Endless Trash posted:

*tosses Scully a folder*

mulder: ever heard of birds?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Nichael posted:

Yeah, though I'm not really sure why I draw the line at that and not Von Neumann probes or whatever. It feels like I'm in an early Fringe episode where Olivia and Peter are still skeptical despite working everyday with a mad scientist.

at least Von Neumann probes work within a physical framework. I feel the same, meditation and psychic outreach crosses the threshold of plausibility for me though I can’t 100% discount it as a marginal possibility

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

nothing that's been released to the public shows anything other than point sources of light, and that includes the "tic tac" videos

Bush I's "a thousand points of light" has taken on a whole new meaning

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

another future Diamond Dog getting a good long look at Mother Base

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Azathoth posted:

trump blurting out on fox that aliens are real would have been the funniest possible way that disclosure could happen, but it's somehow even funnier to me that he knows but just never said anything so when disclosure happens now, someone's gonna ask trump if he knew and his answer will be something like "oh you mean Glorbax? yeah he was boring, what about him?"

the Zeta Reticulans have treated me very badly, nobody’s rear end has been treated as badly as mine, their probes are very low class and everybody knows it

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
big tough alien came up to me, tears leaking from his glands, saying “leader! leader!”

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
It is you and I against the galaxy, Ctaephus, do not forget.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

the Virgin Telosian vs the Chad Anunnaki

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Barron’s dna has been mixed with Anunnaki as an experiment for our eventual forced relocation to a low gravity world

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
gimme Lue gimme FOIA gimme that which I desire

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCl2ZNkfnS8&t=938s

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
okay, plan C: he actually said July 80th

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Wheeee posted:

what if aliens specifically abduct people who aren't all that bright

you're thinking of police recruitment

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
*wakes up naked on a cold, hard slab of metal, a bright white light shining down on me*

me: W...where...?

jowly dude in cop uniform: Welcome to the Panola County orientation Mothership and the rest of your miserable life, Cadet!!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
watching Communion. this is peak Walken

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Communion was a blast. They lean into the absurdity of the shoddy puppeteering and invite you to go a little bit crazy along with Walken. Plus a 90’s rap session at the end where he and his wife in the film lay it all down in a museum, saying vague hand wavey stuff like “Maybe it is God? Who’s to say?”

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Lue, input coordinates for interstellar body S6-G325 into the navicomputer, designation ‘Meat Planet’

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
reading Patrick Harpur's Daimonic Reality, good poo poo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Has anyone else read Patrick Harpur’s Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld? It really got me thinking about UFOs/UAPs as repressed psychic energy made manifest, God knows the US has plenty of repressed psychic energy to go around

also there’s a distinct lack of fairy magic these days. We’ve gotta being the fairies back.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

Read that blog series I posted earlier!

Also, interesting chat tonight, thread, enjoying it a lot

Thanks, that was dope and in line with what I had taken away from Daimonic Reality. Love this part in particular:

quote:

Curiously, by the mid-1990s, UFOs were no longer putting on dramatic close encounters of the first, second, and third kind “performances” as they had since 1947…No more reported up-close (-500 feet) sightings of structured craft, no more UFOs buzzing cars and stopped their engines, no more observed sky-to-ground landings and weird pilots zapping and burning witnesses with beams of light…

By the 1990s, night-time bedroom abductions largely seemed to have become the method of Otherworldly interaction…It is possible that enough of the populace had come to believe in extraterrestrials visiting the Earth that a hundredth-monkey effect had taken place: the ETs no longer manifested geologist-biologist-like behavior, that is, space-suited beings taking soil samples and zapping witnesses with those damned “flashlights.” Such trappings were of the Space Age 1960s-70s, in line with expectations of ET space explorers…Interestingly, once the international treaties banning the testing of nuclear weapons were instituted by the 1990s, the aliens’ message had dropped the explicit nuke warning and they began preaching about the environmental degradation of the earth.

Again, it is a message that meets a popular psychological need, and tracks with cultural change.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

i am harry posted:

jupiter and venus are not that close to eachother from any viewpoint on the planet

powerful pre-Copernican posting

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

starpilled bill

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Lue’s own personal leyline, a lueline if you will

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
looking more and more like The Abyss was a documentary

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
we should have put all of our collective thought, energy, and money toward immortalizing Art Bell

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

there's a pretty good 50s sf story which iirc has the word "microcosmic" in the title about a scientist who kicks off a petri dish world and is horrified when things get real. like a proto-sand kings, if you remember that story by george rr martin

not from the 50’s but I think Greg Bear’s Blood Music used this same concept

except the main character injects the stuff into his bloodstream and the little petri dish organisms get exponentially intelligent and things get wild

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Theotus posted:

Can we talk more about shadow people? As someone else put it, I am not one to try to draw attention to myself but I see people out of the corner of my eye brushing passed me all the time and it's weird.

I used to see them all the time in my teens, typically while I was driving at night. I remember telling my friend who looked at me like I was crazy, and feeing vindicated years later when I found out it wasn’t just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Riot Bimbo posted:

the thread approved games are xcom 2 war of the chosen and Noita

Terra Invicta needs to make this list