Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

SpaceDrake posted:

It is slightly wild to me that there has been exactly one (1) SRW with TV Gundam 00 in it, and that's Z2.

And Super Robot Wars DD cries as it yet again gets ignored.

Then again, it's a gacha, so maybe it deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Nuebot posted:

why not just go whole hog and have a spinoff of slightly less super robots, team Atom up with Cyborg 009 and Kikaider.

Classic Mega Man would work well with those.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Droyer posted:

Does shin getter dragon count? cause if so it's that one.

Shin Getter Dragon is a full on battleship, except when it's the T version.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

also capturing the gaza c causes a bunch of bugs so dont do that

Catching it in mobile armour mode causes the bugs. Mobile suit mode is fine.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Senerio posted:

Are there any missables? Looking through the secrets guide I see something about sub-scenarios are there requirements for those?

No, the sub-scenarios are automatically unlocked.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Reiska posted:

Braiger can also help with capturing in its large form by using Kid's Snipe spirit command, as well.

Also the car form is tiny enough.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Willo567 posted:

I think they did all of the original manga, but nothing beyond it.

Was Steel 7 still going on when Alpha 3 was released? It would have been a great series to add to it

Steel 7 hadn't even started when Alpha 3 came out. Skull Heart was complete, but iirc that was just little mini adventures rather than a full thing like Crossbone or Steel 7. Granted, that'd still be more than Zeta, ZZ, CCA and 0083 had.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Has Escaflowne ever been tapped for this?

Compact 3 and X-Omega

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Kchama posted:

Gundam SEED Destiny isn't super good or anything but you can very easily do exceptionally worse in mecha anime.

IBO I'm pretty sure will eventually get one game and then never used again like most Gundams. Of course, DD might be counted as that 'one game'. It does feel like it might be hard to work into a game with UC Gundam as a basis, and UC Gundam is pretty much always the basis. Since outside of Zeta and Unicorn, the protagonists are pretty strictly working for the Federation and IBO is about rebelling against the Federation. So if you want IBO and UC Gundam, you probably end up having to do the "multiple dimensions" route and they seem less keen on making that a major thing these days. Like VTX does have dimensional stuff, but it is... very downplayed. V and X has basically no back and forth between dimensions.

Okay, you're right about X, and T had no real dimension jumping (outside of getting to Byston Well/Cephiro and then leaving), but V had two route splits where one group went to the AD Dimension and the rest stayed in the UC Dimension.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

The guro fetish line was meant to be a joke(for the most part), now if we had been talking about something like Devilman Crybaby, Psycho-Pass, or Blood-C than it wouldn't be a joke but those aren't exactly thread relevant

Yeah my guess is we'll get the OYW for a couple stages as a prologue alongside the first couple episodes of Armageddon and a couple other of the shows on the roster that would fit and then skip ahead to the main meat of the game(which is going to be weird as hell considering the overall roster we have)

GaoGaiGar Final would fit. Hell, if they were allowed/able/willing to, young Kouji and Tetsuya.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Ethiser posted:

That would rule, because I love when the background story to a Super Robot Wars game is basically another unmade Super Robot Wars game. It adds a lot to the story when some of the characters already have connections to each other.

The White Base crew consisting of Kouji Kabuto, the Getter Team, Amuro Ray, and Gai Shishioh having to be the only adult in the room.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

I can't do no upgrades or no PP/TacP because I just wanna spend it, make my units powerful and have fun as I blow up the enemy.

Though I do think there needs to be optional harder difficulties outside of no upgrades, for people who want harder games. But if the comment in the interview about time investment is anything to go by, it's probably not a priority right now.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Hellioning posted:

The only good thing about Bullet is his VA though.

Yeah, but Bullet doesn't even get any good lines, so Sugita is kinda wasted.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Wataru is a good boy but should be kept far away from bad influences like Cross Ange and Lelouch.

They're not bad influences on him, because his innate goodness will cause any attempt to corrupt him to fail. Instead, he is a good influence on them.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Infinity Gaia posted:

Gato comes with a cool chunky mech with a big nuclear bazooka, Cima would come with a much less notable and interesting unit. The Tetra isn't bad or anything, it's just boring compared to Nuclear Bazooka.

And yet it's only in Alpha 2 and 3 that the GP02A is worth fielding, when they give it a beam bazooka attack and up the range on its head vulcans and beam saber so range boosting parts can be used. Cause otherwise, it's got range one head vulcans, range one beam saber, and a high morale one-shot map attack. Although granted, 0083 in a modern game would give you plenty of options to make it spam warheads.

But I am absolutely echoing the desire for recruitable Cima. Long overdue.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

EclecticTastes posted:

That reminds me, maybe I don't fully understand how licensing works, but Bandai-Namco owns Sunrise and the Gundam franchise, what exactly keeps them from using whatever mix of Gundam stuff they feel like in any given SRW, aside from animation/voice/BGM budget concerns? To the best of my knowledge, the series themselves should be completely free. Like, in theory, couldn't any game featuring Crossbone Gundam also have the original F91 around for Kincade?

Marketability, popularity, if the SRW team request it or not, probably a bunch of other reasons.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

Gridman, baby dan dan.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hard to say. It did look weird to me too. He may just have Black Getter or even the original Getter Robo in the proper game, since the lonely Ryoma lines would still work there.

If he's using Black Getter, wouldn't they just...use Black Getter? Unless it got a new model and animations...or it's the Daikessen Black Getter.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Do you usually get multiples of grunt suits? I want to go as far as I can with basic shitties I think lol

A couple of them, maybe? Like, T gives two Jegans for example.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

EclecticTastes posted:

It's possible they wanted to show off that the Ichinana now has Mazinger Blade and Breast Fire on top of its other attacks.

That and maybe they wanted to adapt the "Mazinger Z was retired" bit from Infinity this time, so Kouji has to pilot an Ichinana, like he did briefly in the movie.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm still working through X and Banjo got Ace Pilot status and now I get 10,000 money per battle where I field him just for fielding him.

Wish I'd let him get some killing blows sooner because it's really late in the game now. Just finished the battle where you have to kill 20 copies of Embryo, then some weird battle against a dragon and a fireball where they have to be killed the same turn, then the Anti-Spirals again, and then I stopped and saved when it went back to the scenario screen because that was a long slog.

Right now I have it so that Xelguard and Vilkiss are abusing additional actions with ExC points and spirits that give more ExC points and power parts that give more SP when you move spaces, plus having a bunch of stats dumped into them and their pilots.

The Mazingers seem like the best mechs/pilots in the game because I haven't had to customize a thing and they are my best units after the Xelguard and Vilkiss. Drop Wall on each of them each Player's Phase and just wade in and tank mook attacks while the other units go after the win conditions/SR point conditions.

I ended up with the Cybuster in a secret scenario and it has a neat MAP attack (if I can get it away from allies and into a group of enemies) that I'd like to boost the damage on, what's the best way to do that? I've maxed the mech customization, what stats on the pilot increase damage?

I can't remember if Cyflash is a melee attack or a ranged attack, but it's CQB for melee attacks (fist icon) and RNG for ranged attacks (scope icon)

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Kanos posted:

Terada likes to attack me, personally, which is why there's no Grungust 30, why we've never had Grungust Zan in a SRW game, and also why the Chokijin destroy at least one Grungust every time they show up in an OG game.

Now to be fair, I am like...95% certain that no Grungusts were harmed in the making of OGG and MD. And I am 100% certain that, even if the Grungust Type-3 was harmed in the making of 2nd OG, it was still useable to the end of the game and returned for MD.

Granted, 2nd probably didn't feel like destroying a Grungust when it destroyed every Huckebein except the 009 (which got turned into an Exbein anyways) and the MP Huckebein.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Randalor posted:

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but this looks like the closest to an actual SRW megathread.

I just started V on the Switch, I'm 5 missions in (played through mission 6, and accidentally blew up the cruiser that triggers the end of the mission before I destroyed the ship for the bonus objective). Is there a way to find out what the various pilot skills or stats do? And do I need to worry about upgrading a pilot/mech only for them to leave or "upgrade" to a new mech, and not carry over the upgrades bought for the older mech?

Akurasu is your best friend for finding out what skills do. And no one in V permanently leaves, they'll always come back at some point. As for mechs, upgrades carryover so don't worry about that.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

bacon flaps posted:

disappointed theyre going back to individual pools of PP. not that SRW is difficult but it was nice that TacP let you boost late-joiners

Wait, where does it show PP being individual? On the mission list, it has Credit, PP and MxP all listed like if PP is just one group pool.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Ethiser posted:

Except legs and arms are canonically one of the things that make mobile suits more maneuverable. I don't think you knew what you were talking about random Zeon engineer.

Just slap a flight module or a minovsky craft in there to turn its Air terrain to S and grant it flight. Problem solved.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Senerio posted:

Finished the Space Route, this is my experience with Team Rabbit

100% biased but Rose 3 soloed basically every single alien invasion.

Sadly, the others simply cannot live up to Tamaki's standards of excellence

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I forgot Kamina and Kittan. Both of whom will never have a secret to save them per Imaishi's request, from what I understand.

I mean, Kamina forever dying is like Lockon forever dying. It's important for the character growth of others. Kittan though...

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Cyflan posted:

Weren't both RyuKoOh and KoRyuOh in Alpha 1 too?

They were.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Supremezero posted:

I... Don't see how you could do hakaioh's plot like that.

Like, at all.

The logics also kind of bizarre in the same game where they invented a newly completed version of lelouchs mech and infinity mazinkaizer

Also, how would the new dragons not be doable but GaoGaiGo, Katetsujin V2, Final GaoGaiGar and Betterman Cataphract are doable? Like, if it's cause those four have a basis (GaoGaiGar, Katetsujin, Genesic and Betterman), so do the new dragons (the old dragons). So I'm just...really confused why they wouldn't be involved.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

Altesein/Weissy, Ace/Seven, and Gusion and Barbatos still leaves 3 more units. I'm guessing the Flauros is one, but who would the other two be?

You forgot Armour-Ultraman. It's 2 left.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

Oh, yeah. Flauros and Bael then, probably?

Yes.

Willo567 posted:

Didn't the datamine also have Getter Robo Devolution and Shinkalion? Are they doing more DLC after the two packs?

Datamine listed more OGs as well, so probably.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Kale posted:

At work so cant watch. Was Sumire and her mecha one of the Sakura Taisen things added cause so far I've only seen 3 of them in the first DLC trailer?

It's Ogami and iirc the guy from 5.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Tae posted:

Wow the mobile game collab character is absolute garbage at hitting anything, how are you worse than goddam gunblaster girls

His awfulness is mostly just in his debut stage, where for some reason his accuracy is just garbage.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

The Golux posted:

OK so it'll be a while then. I guess the DLC ones I got so far aside from that are ones that don't have obvious other things to get really (Cybuster, Dragon-and-Tiger, Voltes V). But I'm probably gonna do sakura wars next time which would have made it more obvious.

EDIT: Also, any advice on what relic missions should I be trying to do? I finished one in asia where the goal was to shoot down six or seven enemies with three units in three turns pretty easily, but the second one I tried was a "keep enemies from getting to a particular area" one with only three deploy slots and I don't even know what you could do about that one? so I'm tentative on trying others.

Relic of Gold will auto deploy the MC but otherwise is just a straight kill in a few turns mission. Completing the final one later in the game unlocks the second MC in a second Huckebein 30.

Restoration is a straight "Kill everyone in X turns"

Hunter is "Get someone to the target destination within X turns"

Blade is "Kill everyone in X turns" again

Gales is another "Kill in X", though this one might be a solo deploy (one of the Kill in X turns is a solo deploy but I can't remember which)

Steel requires killing the 'boss' in one single attack (support/second attack is allowed)

Aura is the "Prevent enemies from getting to area" one

Shot requires that one pilot get multiple kills in a single turn, so it's the Cyflash or Multiaction power hour

And finally Aegis is "Kill the 'boss' in X turns" but they have friends with support defence

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

The Golux posted:

It's that thing from getter robo armageddon, not the invaders but I forget what they're called, that have theropodish main bodies with no arms, a pair of kind of insect-ish wings, and a mannequin face.

Face Metal Beast

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Hellioning posted:

Did he kill the collective unconscious? I know he used it to kill his parents, which would otherwise be impossible/very difficult considering one of them is immortal and the other can jump bodies...

He didn't kill the collective unconscious.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Vizuyos posted:

In SRW30, this plan brought about total world peace for roughly one year, after which the usual SRW mix of alien attacks and rebel groups started cropping up and destabilizing things. But that's why everyone thought Lelouch was dead at the start, and why he was remembered as a villain on par with Char.

What's funny is that they specifically say that it was the Laplace Box incident that ruined the peace. Between the Axis Shock and the death of Lelouch, the world finally knew peace (aside from the Wulgaru but they weren't at Earth yet) until Unicorn Gundam happened and then people started killing each other again.

Edit: I admit, I might be oversimplifying it...but it's funny to me this way.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

The Golux posted:

Alright another dumb question about 30 from someone who hasn't played many SRWs (or at least gotten far in them). Just before I stopped because of getting late, I was on a stage where one of the bosses flees at 50% HP but has a part, which usually means they drop it if you beat them. Do they need to actually be reduced to 0 HP to drop it, probably by soul/support attack shenanigans, or will they drop it on retreat, or is it just a tease that is buffing the boss that you can't get at this point?

The stage in question is Arbitrator, the final stage of chapter 7 if I read this right and the boss is Caruleum in his Gravalin, with an Aos Arc that would be really nice to have.

Yeah, he has to hit 0 in order to get the part.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

Alpha A Bate is from 0083, which had no Tomino involvement. It just goes to show you that somehow, one of the lasting hallmarks of the Gundam franchise is the weird Tomino-esque silly names.

Bring Stabity is another good example of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

Every time I see a scene with someone infected by DG Cells all I can think is "man that must itch like crazy"

Imagine having an itch where the DG Cells are, cause like...they cover the skin. Like, do the cells scratch it for you or do you have to live with an itch you can never scratch?