Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Keeping a car in lane is like the most basic of driving skills and yet 10% of people fail at it from everytime I go on the road, not to mention the other road hoggers, tailgaters and other assorted idiots who think signal lights don't exist

Palladium has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Aug 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Minrad posted:

"own"

Auto loan debt held by Americans rose to a record $1.36 trillion in 2020. Auto loans now make up nearly 10% of all household debt, the third-largest debt category behind mortgages and student loans

I wonder how many Americans don't consciously count their loans as liabilities in their net assets

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Minrad posted:

i loving hate morons who cause and perpetuate traffic jams, and i love breaking them up by just slowing down and opening a giant gap so i can stay at a steady speed and let traffic resume. no more wave baby.

especially love (fully unironically keep honking moron lmfao) when the guys behind me seethe that im not tailing the rear end of the guy ahead of me, as that guy brakes every 3 seconds while i cruise along far behind him. no more traffic jam and all it takes is one person with an iota of patience.

There's also galaxy brain tailgaters who thinks they can overtake the guy in front if they keep doing what they do, instead of switching to the empty lane beside.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Xaris posted:

very hateful of those germans to hate the poor commuters and the 95 year old elderlys that need to drive 4000 lbs of plastic and steel to the pharmacy to pickup a gallon of milk

lol when even the average goods vehicle in Singapore is under 3000 lbs unladen

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

pointsofdata posted:

some cities in europe have started installing noise cameras to catch illegally loud vehicles. This is a great idea imo - there should be city wide volume limits on all private vehicles at much lower than current levels (helicopters very much included)

but can somebody think about the oppressed people who believes their driving skills are proportional to their fart can noises

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mawarannahr posted:

that’s true, but there’s something extra about bmw people, like the same thing that makes people act like cokeheads while stone cold sober.

can confirm bmw'ers are easily the shittiest drivers

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

actionjackson posted:

I live right by a very bougie road (it's a river parkway essentially, behind me are all 800K+ houses), this dude has been there for a while doing a renovation on one of them

that's like 2 times the length and height of the work van that i'm driving

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

My Singapore 3 lane road here is just as wide as that 2 lane road

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Filthy Hans posted:

doesn't it cost an insane amount to rent a parking place if you live in a Singapore apartment

$60-80 bucks per month for a public housing parking lot? So not really

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Xaris posted:

old people are very very scared of Those People on public transit even if they can easily take a bus or trolly to cvs to pickup their dementia meds instead of driving 8000 lbs of plastic n steel through the corpses of children wondering what that bump was. oh well must just be my hernia acting up

its almost like planning residential areas far away from essential services is a bad thing

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Lol at crashing into a stationary vehicle lit up like a Christmas tree, just a total lack of ability to perceive distance and speed

well there are people who can't even make their cars drive within a lane without distractions

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jestery posted:

Oofa, I spent 9k AUD on a second hand yaris a year ago

Can't imagine spending 50k on a car

look at this freeloader

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

its hard to help fundamentally help poor people therefore its best to not do it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

this reminds me of the BMW 745i drivers who would spend 20 mins to save $0.50 on a parking lot

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

why is everyone hooting and hollering about helmets

i only like helmets with chemical weapons

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
what do you mean by we need to kill WFH even harder to burn more fuel for these poor landlords

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
urban centers in the world, well-known for not having any menial or dirty work

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
that side mirror would hit the top of the entrance at the lowest of singapore carparks

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cowboy beepboop posted:

all cars are exactly the same. they all get you where you want at exactly the same time, in basically the same comfort. if you paid 4-10x more than a cheap japanese or korean brand congrats you got suckered by marketing

"handles well"
"accelerates fast"

cool bro but you're in traffic all the time so who gives a poo poo

its even worse when you are surrounded by geniuses who are always racing to the next red light while going as fast as a snail on the highway

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
have they tried to cut down on unnecessary travelling

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

eXXon posted:

The comments are great and you can skip reading the entire article. I didn't get past "HSR isn't even profitable". GOOD.

why is america declining as i scratch my hollow head

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

America: can't build high speed rail because it is too bumpy

Japan: only able to build high speed rail because it is even bumpier than America

Everyone knows mountains are authoritarian

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Trying to get in the brainspace of a Hyperloop stan

Trains can only go 270mph. Absolute loving loser numbers. Too slow. Obsolete!

A Hyperloop went 107 mph. It's so fast! Incredible! Human ingenuity conquers nature!

these are defense mechanisms from people who will never want to admit their entire life was and for bullshit

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pryor on Fire posted:

I had never heard of those double doors on the subways in Seoul, that's cool as hell. The hot piss smell air and dust blowing all around you on the platform is the worst and the main reason I avoid the subway and use uber when I work in NY

these doors has been standard in singapore's underground stations since....1987?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

17 Billion for NYC subway

to just operate for a year

china builds ~170km of new subway for the same money

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SirPablo posted:

I visited Singapore once, place was immaculate.

boy wait till you see 1st and 2nd tier china cities

it's especially funny when even the singapore's own prime minister commented on how backwards singapore is compared to china now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I don't think Americans really understand how lovely and bad even our "good" cities are compared to other advanced nations' cities.

americans excel at developing coping mechanisms

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
lol sure thing bro it's just a "city" problem and not the whole trashfire of america

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
"but-but-but if we do public transit all over cities how would i the big carbrain drive in it the POOR DISABLED PEOPLE get around"

-shitlib in econ thread

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mystes posted:

unfortunately that video was not at all surprising. Drivers just don't look for pedestrians or give the slightest poo poo about hitting them

no one in any country obeys stop signs outside of driving school lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Halloween is a beautiful holiday because it's one time out of the year where lots of people remember how nice it is to walk around town (please don't remind me of the tragedies,I know).

I got to spend Friday and Saturday nights walking around car-free downtown festivals. It's so incredibly unlike anything we get to experience otherwise in the US.

but if i have to walk to stare at my phone instead of drive to copypaste mall to stare at my phone, how would i have the BRANDZ to show me as a uniquely deep intellectual personhood

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

BonHair posted:

The concept of paying for public transport is pretty dumb in the first place, just tons of effort wasted on something that adds zero value.

if we dont have fares in america how would the cops hold up the entire transit system to arrest fare evaders

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

how about instead of fares they fund the buses based on a tax on gasoline for personal automobiles? :getin:

*insert shitlib what-about-the-disabled arguments against here*

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

cowboy beepboop posted:

there is a car alarm going off right now and pissing off maybe hundreds of people. very cool that we don't regulate this kind of thing

edit i went out and it's a giant truck, of course.

car alarms are like votes, technically correct at what they do and utterly useless at large

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mystes posted:

Idk maybe build a poo poo ton of commie blocks to move truck drivers to.

*opens empty wallet*

but this apartment is too ugly and conformant for my inner bougie

Palladium has issued a correction as of 10:25 on Jan 16, 2023

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

All cars are bad

Death to cars

look at this legbrain

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Homeless Friend posted:

i'd like to see a youtube video of 10 of these vs 1 lifted ford f150

i can put 5 of myself inside one

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

so much fundamental innovation over these 60 years

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
hmmph i wonder why the driver didn't see the bollard

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Milo and POTUS posted:

I honestly think that might be projection

Self reflection, ascktually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
its even worse when you consider how terrible people are at driving skills in general