Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

covid will never be over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

teachers are going to start quitting in droves soon too

two major women professions just getting poo poo on non stop

i know a couple teachers who are looking to get into coding because they'd rather learn that than deal with going into the meat grinder despite loving teaching

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

source: covidactnow.org

i love that i can watch the plague spreading upwards from florida closer to me

Serf
May 5, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's not a caste system. Your parents working at Sears (well, when they still existed) doesn't mean you will.

lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

China will board your rear end into your home if you test positive, and they can go full martial law in an area at a moment's notice. I believe their numbers

its hilarious how much better prepared they are for this than the united states lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

comrade xi may be a dirty revisionist, but he can still pay me to say nice things about china i guess

Serf
May 5, 2011

i still remember back when covid was kicking off there were all those breathless takes about how this was the end of china, empty ports as they shut down, 4chan made corona-chan and spun wild conspiracy theories about millions of untallied dead burned in mass cremations based off phone subscriptions

lmao

they locked their poo poo down for like a month and were fine and now we're the ones suffering

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Reminder that we could lock our poo poo down for a month and be fine, too. At any point.

in theory, yes. but in practice, no. the political will to do that does not exist, and if anyone tried it i think it would blow up in their face in the most hilarious way possible. can you imagine, looking at florida now, what the compliance rate would be with an order to lock down?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Der Meister posted:

someone please go back in time and have abe Lincoln wall off the south please

deny us all you like, we are the same

Serf
May 5, 2011

this is slander against mr. evrart, who is very nice and is helping me find my gun

Serf
May 5, 2011

no1curr

Serf
May 5, 2011

i wouldn't worry, the returns from broward county always come in late

Serf
May 5, 2011

inferis posted:

do you guys think any states are going to shutdown restaurants again? oregon was early on bringing the mask mandates back recently but the only time they tried to shut down indoor dining the local restaurant association sued them and they relented within a day or two

nothing is ever going to lock down again

Serf
May 5, 2011

just had an emergency call about delta. we're moving to a temporary (they stressed this part hard) swing schedule were you will work m-w-f one week and then t -th the next week, for 1 month

best part: it doesn't start until next week and currently there are a dozen maskless workers in here ripping out the carpet lmaoooooooo

Serf
May 5, 2011

gonna go to the local pharmacy this weekend for a 3rd shot and just tell them i never got the first 2

Serf
May 5, 2011

this kid and his stepdad both died from it

Serf
May 5, 2011

concern trolling bullshit. those doses are going into arms or into the trash. there was no universe where we help other people even if it would benefit us

Serf
May 5, 2011

Notahippie posted:

Yes, but that's hosed up and worth calling out as hosed up.

calling it out without naming the real problem (capitalism) is pretty useless imo

Serf
May 5, 2011

McNugget Buddy posted:

it's super important to not get infected

Serf
May 5, 2011

my mom has a runny nose and headaches. she doesn't wear a mask but is vaxxed up. she's getting tested today

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

When they eventually make a movie about COVID - Who is going to play head of the anti vax movement?

randy quaid is already in character

Serf
May 5, 2011

just spent about a half hour in a room with a dozen dudes doing carpet replacement who had no masks. feeling good about my chances lmao

also my mom got tested for covid (negative thankfully) and it cost her $70. they told her to come back in a few days if her symptoms persist because she might have too low a viral load and that will be another cool $70

Serf
May 5, 2011

3. Who tf had uncomfortable work clothes in the first place? Why would you own uncomfortable clothes?

gently caress dress codes in general, but one of the big benefits of working from home for me was that i could wear shorts all day and take my prosthetic leg off. did wonders for taking care of the skin on my stump

Serf
May 5, 2011

Forseti posted:

They get the most extreme punishment: the feds will pay your teachers and school administrators

i like that this sets the precedent for the federal government to pay for things that the state government won't. 1 weird trick to own your opponents when they're in office

Serf
May 5, 2011

covid could kill a million kids and it wouldn't move anyone to do anything

Serf
May 5, 2011

had to go to the grocery store today after work to grab some stuff. there were only 2 cashiers and the lines were backed up. i was behind a nice old lady and i noticed two women behind me who were just holding one item. i know the polite thing to do is let folks go ahead of you if they just have one thing, but i guess they thought that because my headphones were in i couldn't hear them when they called me a "liberal" and laughed at my mask

kept my cart where it was and instead helped the old lady (who was wearing a mask) by picking up her heavy items so the cashier could scan them. the two women (chuds who i kinda know, its a small town) loving stared daggers at me

lmao get hosed

Serf
May 5, 2011

Otter_Sauce posted:

Omg I havent even thought about that. That might actually be really loving true. I'm glad all my classes are online anyway so it doesn't even matter.:classiclol:

it's what we're doing, but the suicidal freaks in charge are just gonna keep going

Serf
May 5, 2011

I bet it's not even 50%. I could be wrong, often am.

College is the worst possible scenario, 10x worse than public schools IMO. Entire halls of residents living together. And ofc college students are going to party and go to bars, etc.

I don't think they make it 2 weeks but there's me being wrong again.

3 weeks here so far and nothing's happening. the hospital is out of beds, but the news isn't gonna say anything

Serf
May 5, 2011

Koirhor posted:

ya can’t emphasize enough fellow goons, count your calories and try to get some steps in or more intense cardio, drop as many pounds as you can to get to a normal BMI, there will be no healthcare for anyone and covid loving loves killing fat people

i started doing all this poo poo and fasting and i've lost 70 pounds since january. my only real motivation is i don't want covid to kill me lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

why does Covid kill the fat?

our bodies are already trying to kill us, covid just finishes the job faster

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

In The Return of the Living Dead they nuke Louisville at the end!

and, appropriately, it just makes things worse

Serf
May 5, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

wait the problem is capitalism?!?

no, that can't be right. i was told that capitalism is the most efficient way to allocate resources, and further more encoded into our dna as the only true economic model

Serf
May 5, 2011

Rubby posted:

https://twitter.com/FalconryFinance/status/1430044170966601729?s=20

Dude. Bro. Seriously. I know you're reading this. Move on with your life. This is just kinda sad rn

it owns how much you have made this dude melt down

Serf
May 5, 2011

oh hey that's where i am right now! be on the lookout for something much worse happening in candler county where the superintendent says that covid is fake and will not speak to people who wear a mask

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao i checked the d&d thread and how are they repeating the same 4chan conspiracies from march 2020? "a billion people are dead of covid in china and no one can say anything because xi jinping personally writes every news article!!"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Aurubin posted:

It rules living in a dying empire. I remember reading how like the last recorded event at the Flavian Amphitheater was a chicken fight. Same poo poo, different century.

china hitting their stride right as america is dying is the luckiest break for them lol. i don't really like the prc but someone needs to take up the banner of the ussr and present some sort of vaguely left viewpoint as we go into climate armageddon

Serf
May 5, 2011

Hatebag posted:

China's going to be the new global hegemon by the end of the century and probably much sooner. They're going to get pretty hosed by climate change but they're also probably one of a half dozen countries capable of actually mitigating it to some extent

i for one welcome my new chinese overlords

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

I'm so tired of worrying about money. I'd so gladly settle for not having 15 brands of energy drinks and 45 brands of beer in the supermarket if it meant my government could assure me I wouldn't go homeless as long as I was 'working' in some manner.

sorry, we ran this by the numbers guys and they said that doesn't look good for next quarter's profits

Serf
May 5, 2011

poo poo like this is why i'm wearing two masks all day now. i'm 33 years old and a fat piece of poo poo so i feel myself being fully engulfed in the corona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Golli posted:

https://twitter.com/wsfa12news/status/1431298168214413312?s=20

Alabama ICU's -- 40 more people need ICU beds than are available.

remember when the chinese knocked together an emergency hospital in like a week and had their old sars wards running again in a couple of days? lol