Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
My friend’s housemate tested positive under 2 weeks ago, and I’m the rear end in a top hat for skipping our Christmas meetup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Parents insisting on hosting for New Year’s. They are unboosted old fat smokers. I wish they would put it off for a few weeks so they can see how poo poo hits the fan post-Christmas.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Man I can’t wait for covid to liquify my organs. Feels like freedom

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

This is only the first ~2 years

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
My college is in person starting Monday and I’ve already received an email from one professor who tested positive and will be holding the first week of class remotely

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
There goes another one (regrettably).

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Center for Discrete Culling

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Imagine the number of people who got a rapid test false negative and are going about their daily lives

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Somehow I feel like dead parents are worse for kids’ mental health than a year of remote school

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Virgil Vox posted:

in my district they did, and they continued to not wear masks so idk anymore

The damage had already been done. No point inconveniencing them after that. After all, they have natural immunity

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

quote:

“We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

Ping

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Bitcoin posted:

im sure this sounds stupid but why are things not closed down, like schools?

if you are pro capital and want people working then:
- parents have to stay home to take care of sick kid
- parents then have to stay home after sick kid gets them sick

why refuse handing out n95s to everyone? they let people stay at work/in class and not get sick and therefore they can keep working instead of shutting down?

isnt it literally better for capital to not have this chain of events happen?

Capital’s priority is the impression of the status quo. Any deviation from the norm is bad for number.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Can’t wait for the next variant which will surely be less contagious than Omicron, and even milder to boot

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
“It’s not Covid” speech bubble avatar border

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

UnknownTarget posted:

Did everyone just stop making GBS threads? How is this possible?

Someone speculated that it could be college kids leaving the area for winter break. I would like to see this replicated in other areas.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
If the government solves an issue it won't exist as a wedge issue for the next election, and we can't have that

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
I hope genomic sequencing will still be published after we stop counting cases. It would suck not to know when the next Mystery Variant shows up.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Can't have million death headlines

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

What is this about airborne hiv?

Post/redtext combo

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Am I stupid or does this say a cotton quilt mask is better than an n95 at filtering small particles?

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

or they're not lying and they had it with no symptoms

I bet it’s this, how many SnFers care enough to get tested asymptomatically? Or with “just allergies”?

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Looking forward to an endless(?) series of omicron micro-variations. Micromicrons.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Do we get to call it Covid-22 now?

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Wistfully imagining what the world would look like if the vaccines were sterlizing and/or reinfection was impossible
I bet a chunk of the population believes those things, which must be great for their mental health (until infection #3 comes along and has consequences)

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

McCracAttack posted:

I know someone with COVID who had an unexpected visitor drop by their place. They opened their door and exposed the visitor anyway. When I got upset at that they replied, "They knew I had COVID. Not my problem." That's the part I've struggled with the most during all this. The friends and acquaintances that have disappointed me with their selfishness and complete lack of concern for how their actions affect other people.

Please share stories of friends and family that have let you down during the pandemic. :smith:

I was trying to do a pod in 2020 (I know) and one friend decides to see a few other friends to watch a movie. Ok. He comes to my place the next day and I ask how many people were there. He ignores the question, and this is where I should kick him out, but I don’t because I’m stupid. Surprise, it was a full-blown house party, he lied by omission, and he caught covid.
Luckily I didn’t get sick, but his roommate (22 y/o) (who did everything right) coughed his lungs out, went on a bipap I think? and lost his sense of smell and taste for a year. Maybe he still hasn’t recovered, I haven’t checked in a while.

The pandemic has destroyed my trust in other people. So many who only give a gently caress about themselves. And people who only think about the short term. I’m sorry your friend is an rear end in a top hat. I feel that.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

America already has hikikomori lol they’re called “neet failsons”

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is from city-data lol

lmaoo what is wrong with people jesus christ

They should go out to eat a few more times to restore his mental health

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Animal-Mother posted:

The college kids are chomping at the bit for a return to in-person classes. The professors are all like "I'm old, I'd rather not get sick and die?" The kids are like "gently caress you, I paid for The College Experience™" and the admin is just like "We will make an announcement about making an announcement in two weeks."

And this holding pattern appears that it will go on eternally???

Same at my uni except admin caved immediately. I cannot believe my peers who think frat parties are more important than their professors’ lives. I’m all crack no ping. Plenty of bitching about masks too, gently caress this chud school

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Bullfrog posted:

r/covid19positive

natural immunity

Natural vulnerability

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
Has anyone looked at severity of reinfection vs. original infection outside of anecdotes? It sounds difficult to study but if reinfections are more severe after all then I will lmao.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

The Wisest Moron posted:

My cubicle neighbor was out for a month and a half with covid and the resulting pneumonia. He continues not wearing a mask. Astounding.

He got it over with

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
I wonder if some actuary is crunching numbers on the healthcare costs of covid-related long term illness vs. the savings from culling the old/fat/sick

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Innocuous posted:

is it going to be comorbidities/personal responsibility all the way down or will we shift to NOBODY SAW THIS COMING HOW COULD WE HAVE KNOWN?

Both. Simultaneously

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Lacrosse posted:

If you told chuds not to poo poo in their drinking water, they'd start making poop smoothies

I'm sure the urine drinkers are one "poop is probiotic!" away

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
If you eat a lot of highly processed foods you miss out on fiber and nutrients
Added sugar will gently caress you up too
Cleaning up your diet is a good long term health goal, even if you eat comparable macros I think eating sufficient unprocessed foods will leave you feeling better

edit: covid is bad

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Lawlicaust posted:

This was shared in a company-wide email today by our CEO:

LOL.

This is GREAT news.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
It'll be "Reinfection can't be a big deal. If it was, everyone would be freaking out."

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Once again I feel like I’m losing my mind because it couldn’t have been TWO WEEKS ago that we were told cases don’t matter, aren’t even worth reporting because deaths were low.

As with all of these things, I understand the consent being manufactured, I understand I feel crazy for noticing it, but what do “normal” people think about cases not mattering at all, disappearing from the news, and now reappearing?

It’s upsetting for me because I see the intent behind it, capital working through politics and the media, but since this presumably appears apropos of nothing to people with a “normal” outlook - How is that not more disorienting? Wouldn’t they just be noticing wild and unexplained contradictions? That’s got to be more upsetting that having that Marxist analysis and seeing these seemingly unexplained and nonsensical actions as a coherent expression of class interest.

I guess I’m wondering how people for whom consent manufacturing works seamlessly experience the ever-changing narratives that surround them?

Nothing
I think people don’t trust themselves to make a judgement about why that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
I wonder if it’s possible for covid to mutate into an actual benign illness, or if everyone will celebrate each new “milder than the last” variant as it causes 20% excess mortality and liquifies organs on the 5th reinfection