Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

ponzicar posted:

"Comic store backroom wifing ceremony" works both as a thread title and a writing prompt for a short horror story.

Sounds like a Japanese adult video title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
The guy sounds like a real life Homer Simpson

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I'd like to hear his definition of cheating, just to make sure.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

That's because idiotic Europeans didn't/don't understand the concept of using all of the animal.

I'm not eating this mediocre bait, into the trash it goes!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

teen witch posted:

AITA for scolding my husband who was using my breast milk in his tea?

I told him that i don’t pump my breast milk for him and he should have whole milk like a normal human being.

Cow milk's not for humans though.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

Nobody actually still reads the wills out, these days, correct? It's a fun story but this seems off to me.

I have no idea how people with half a million wealth do their things.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Mx. posted:

My (26m) gf (27f) wanted to be Poly till I brought breakup

Over like twenty pages back, but this hit me hard. My last ex did this exact thing to me, and in the end she slept with two of my then best friends(no contact to any of them since) after we had "agreed" with monogamy. I had a mental breakdown after that and lost trust in people for years.

Nothing wrong with being a poly, as long as you and your partner(s) are on the same page. If you are a poly and you have a thing going with a mono, do you both a favour and :sever: immediately, because it won't work. Cheaters will always get caught in the end, and the resulting fallout usually gets bad for everyone involved. Also don't think you can "convert" any monogamist to pologamy. That's almost as ignorant as trying to convert someone's sexuality.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Piell posted:

AITA for making my mother cry because I did not want to meet a stranger?

Bad mothers getting upset because "you are making me feel like bad mother" just keeps happening. There's got to be a better way!( Not pimping my daughter to my new boyfriend's online friends is NOT an option)

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

ScienceSeagull posted:

She offered a bit more detail about his "theory" in the comments:

My ungrateful physicist son in law is making me feel like an idiot when I calmly explain him that I already solved physics by smoking weed and watching YouTube.

Edit: Just noticed that OP is a woman and now it all makes perfect sense in Boomer World. Father in law is a male, and therefore has the god-given right and obligation to explain the mysteries of the universe to the female.

The Alchemist fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 20, 2022

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

limp_cheese posted:

This dude sucks but they absolutely do have silverware, its just plastic. I went to one when I was recovering from my wounds with a group of other wounded soldiers and I didn't know this was a thing. I was missing teeth so eating chicken off the bone was hard. The server did try to give his usual thing of "We have no silverware and everyone eats with thier hands! Its the gimmick ofnthis place" but did get me a plastic fork and knife when I explained my situation. All in all I didn't have a good time and was probably rude to him but I was still in my rear end in a top hat phase from my wounds and shouldn't have gone.

This dude has no excuse and sucks.
Why did you join the army if you didn't want to get wounded?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Upgrade posted:

At what 711 are you ordering coffee?

They have coffee here but it's poo poo, much like the rest of their products. That's the 7/11 guarantee

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
That update was written at gunpoint

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

YTA, Naan is delicious and I'd eat it to every meal if I could.

Who is stopping you?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Alcohol is stored in the balls

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I bet it comes from the woman really. That's why so many men get babytrapped!

AITA for calling my daughters father Spineless and his girlfriend creepy over their name choice for their daughter?
Always refer to her as [Name]2 or mini-[name] if you want to be a catty bitch

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Sounds like OSHA needs to get involved.

If the pregnant was wearing safety harness this wouldn't have happened

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Naming my son Pnurtis Pter Alchemist

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

FMguru posted:

Title goes one way, story goes another.

AITA for throwing away my stepdaughters birthday cake

That's some good parenting there, dad.

Oh, what's this? An update?

Turns out it was the Ex who was pressuring the daughter into sabotaging the new family.

Punishing the daughter for doing what her mom told her to do just doesn't sit right with me.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Hughlander posted:

My husband doesnt want to have intimacy with me unless it is to conceive kids

UPDATE:

Is it anti-christian to have any physical contact with your wife?

Organized religion, loving up people's heads since Anno Mundi 0.
You should only be horny for jesus! :bahgawd:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Me after wedding: *kisses wife on the cheek* Well, that was great! See you at the church next Sunday, I'll be in the Shame Room flogging myself if you need anything

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
How much is two blocks in metric system?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Beached Whale posted:

Why are there so many straight guys who can't even wash their own rear end, you're willing to throw away your relationship over something that takes a few minutes tops and tremendously helps your health?

Stopped having sex b/c my s.o has poor hygiene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB07EJhMBRs

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

How can two popes be active colleagues? And on good terms?

You haven't obviously read the same conspiracy theories as I have

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

FMguru posted:

Here's the classic "Stay cramped, bitch" story for anyone who hasn't read it

AITA For Telling My Cousin They Wihll Have to Pay Rent?

And there was a followup:

Landlords are the scourge of the earth but this one gets my sympathy

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

trickybiscuits posted:

Does anyone remember this book from the 1970s, Dinky Hocker Shoots Smack? It's the "you might neglect some people in your life (this child, for instance) who would love to have your full attention without having to be in crisis in order to get it" situation summed up perfectly. OP seems like exactly the sort of person who would think that because she does good things (or says she does), she doesn't have to think about other people.

The suggested wording of the response though is annoying also. The whole thing is annoying.

Kid has listened to some right-wing influencers and deducted that good thing is indeed bad.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Speaking of, one of the reddit update subreddits made an Open Relationships bingo card with 3-4 different cards

My past relationship got 6 bingos :smith: :hf: :huh:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Shanghaied posted:

AITA for thinking my sister was joking about her daughter's name?

Mildew, Calcium and oval office. Somehow Im eager to find what other names the rest of this familytree has got to offer

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

DangerDongs posted:

Did they ever slide their foot under your side of the stall, the notorious sign for "want to have a conversation?"

Or was it more like, "Pooping huh, well alright."

I find the latter to be just as intrusive as the former. You dont need to have a smalltalk while taking a poo poo, America

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I've pissed almost daily ever since I was a wee lad, and I still havent quite figured out the controls

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Biplane posted:

Lol the boyfriend is an abusive, unstable cop. The guys at the window were probably his fellow cops wanting a look.

Is this just a headcanon or somehow established in the comments?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
You should never talk to cops -- let alone having a relationship with them! I hope she learned her lesson and stays safe and gets well

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

FMguru posted:

[...]text explaining why she no longer wanted to be me

Because of this typo, my mind went to some type of Fight Club situation

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

artsy fartsy posted:

Most of the stories we share here are about people with too much drama in their life, but there are also people without enough

AITA for not standing still while my wife went to pluck a hair on my face?

She should get a laser and spice things up a bit

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Yes. But what is panda a codename for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
How do you even survive the cold months without some bodyhair?