Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

how about this
AITA if she had the habsurg jaw

quote:

Utterly enarmored by a woman, she is a gradute of Sorbonne and not some bullshit lingustics but Phylosophy. We fallen in love with one another. Any time I would complain about something she would respond with profound thought. I fucken loved it. Very clever, eloquent, a princess. Except the fucken jaw. gently caress. She wanted to meet in a park, I agreed and simply did not show up. Because her jaw is so ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

WIBTA if I started sending out my cover letter to literary agents before my boyfriend is ready?

Good luck, guy who's going for Tolkien-length writing in your book debut, I'm sure you'll definitely have it ready to go by New Year's :patriot:

I would have thrown aside anyone once my goddamn magnum opus is finished and polished. It is months or years of work how dare you, also a writer, knowing how slim are the chances are to create EXTRA problems for this manuscript while writing goddamn silmarillion that noone will ever read

This one got my blood boil

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

PC is like pre-woke. Anything I don't like is woke. This goddamn printer who won't print is woke. My untied shoes are woke. The shaken soda that got everywhere is woke. Waking up from a good nap is woke.

AITA for pulling out of mine and my dad's tradition because my stepbrother was going so my dad cancelled it then?

AITAH for not loving my future kids

Girl, RUN.
bolding mine.

Just tell them to change genetics to be her real kids, problem solved

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

Also the office ethnic food dude. He's not actually racist because he just tells his colleagues that "some people" might have issues with her incredibly ethnic stir fry.

This guy is just adorable. He tells her to never bring this food to the office because there MIGHT be racists who will be upset :allears:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for shutting down my sister’s opinion about our baby name?

They should just name her Cheeee

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Maybe it's my lack of relationships overall, but I would want an experienced partner, because they probably know a bunch of cool poo poo. You go SCUBA diving, you don't go in with another person who just got certified, you do your first dive with a divemaster!

This makes sense

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Pope Hilarius II posted:

"In America, this is very normal."

Seriously, I find this quite weird. I've studied 6 foreign languages in a formal classroom context and no teacher did this. Ever.

Then again, English speaking cultures do it, too*, so perhaps that's why your Spanish teachers did this. The crowd who was saying "just call people by their actual" name clearly hasn't seen English-speakers (or French-speakers) struggle to pronounce my first name. Even when I tell them how to do it, most of them still gently caress it up, even though all the individual phonemes of my name exist in English. So to those who really struggle, I will offer them to call me by my [language]-equivalent.

* e.g. with names from Antiquity, like, what's so hard about Marcus Antonius that he has to be 'Mark Anthony' instead?

Its not that crazy, when learning english in school we also had "english" versions of names. Except for those who had no english equivalent, than its just normal name with english accent :D

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

My father-in-law was born in Sweden to Polish refugees before they came to the US, and "Andrzej" (pronounced "Ahn-zhey") became "Andy" at Catholic school because nuns gonna nun. I asked him once if he wished he'd been able to go by his birth name more instead of the English version but he said he didn't really care, but that it was kind of nice to have a sort of a "family name" that only his mom and dad called him.

How do you not care what your name is? Is it catholic depersonalization? I due to my job speak to many people internationally, Jewish people care a lot about names because they were given numbers instead, Indians say names are important

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hughlander posted:

AITAH for smashing a little girls face in the cake

The rear end in a top hat the people need. Who the gently caress let's their kid put their face into someone's birthday cake?

Yeah, but how is it right that an adult woman smashed a child's face in a cake? Children can be lovely but it is our responsibility to teach them abd act with restraint. She needs to be institutionalized, not demanding apologies

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Jabor posted:

if you skip bail and go straight back to your usual hangouts instead of actually doing a runner then you're a huge moron

We don't know if he skipped bail, he just didn't pay back the bondsman

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

OP clearly values loyalty over morality, such as he chose loyalty when he helped her get away with her shenanigans and likewise expected her to do the same for him. She did not, thus broke their bond of trust, betrayed him for the sake of morality. Thus he declared their relationship forfeit as the sister cannot be trusted to forsake morality for him, like he feels he did for her.

The sister chose ethical purity and clear conscience over her brother and she can still enjoy it, however she is now trying to have both?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hello? Police? I DO NOT WANT TO BE LINKED TO ZODIAC KILLER

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I'm sorry, what? Why is this a rule? Why is this a rule your husband is enforcing so strongly that you need to overrule him just to meet the father of your grandchild?

Jill usually only dates men for about 3 months :D and they don't want bother with a new dude every 3 months

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for consolidating my boyfriend's soy sauces into one jar?

Unlike rice, you can't separate this grain by grain into the individual components!

There is no excuse for being stupid

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for being honest?

The dude sprang his poo poo goblin status too early, you have to say that until after you've moved in together!

R/relationships: what a person does in the bathroom is between them and God

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I can't believe we still talk about beardo brother but everyone ignores the fact that he said he gives no fucks about all of them to such an extent that he won't care if his grandmother dies. It is not "muh beard" principled position, he clearly gives no fucks and will not be bothered.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I heard that to French people Quebecois sounds like someone is speaking really old-timey Shakespearian English but with heavy New York accent.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

pentyne posted:

the post was removed for violence? wtf?

after totally nuking the trust your parents have with you at 17, being ground for several months is pretty reasonable. Had she caused that kind of damage to someone else she's be looking at serious legal consequences.

What are you talking about, was she partying there alone and wrecking her home by herself? None of the other kids who were literally causing damage to someone else's home seem to be facing "serious legal consequences" in OP's story so you are full of poo poo

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

You are all forgetting wise words from another r/relationship hero: "What happens in the bathroom is between me and God!"

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

don longjohns posted:

I had a 24-hour layover in the Denver airport. About 6 years ago. I still think about it with dread sometimes, like I think about bad panic attacks I have had.

The rest of the trip was fine, but spending 24 hours in the Denver airport, any airport, is not something I will do ever again by choice.

Why did you sit at the airport instead of going to a cheap motel or something?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Elissimpark posted:

I realise everyone has different levels of comfort with bodily fluids, which is fine, but I still want to yell "get in the tub, weiner" at the husband.

(Full disclosure - I have been present for all the births of our kids and actually caught the last one cos the midwives had stepped away for a few minutes. I'm also a weirdo who made plaster casts of all their placentas, so my tolerance for ickiness is pretty high.)

Can you at least explain why? Do you take them out once in a while to look at them or?

E: does your family know about it?

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 30, 2023

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The Bramble posted:

I (M35) play with my wife (F33) in a two-player PC game, and if she's not doing well, I come up with ways to turn it into something erotic

I once tried something like this and it didn't end well. We agreed with my gf that she will give me a blowjob if she loses a game of cards to me. Except I lost and she said don't worry I'll do it anyway, I tried to explain that it's just isn't the same thing. But I was pretty drunk at this point and we just went to sleep.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I had a wisdom tooth removed recently under local. It was unpleasant in general sense but I didn't feel a thing.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The funeral talk reminded me of and Irish (or Scottish?) guy who was renowned throughout his village as a local comedian. He arranged for a speaker to be placed inside his coffin that would play a speech that he prerecorded for this occasion, as his coffin is lowered into the ground. So he was cracking jokes from his coffin as he was buried. From the video it seemed like most grievers were getting at least sensible chuckle from most jokes.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Irisi posted:

Giant Hogweed is a horror I would not wish upon anyone. Good lord. It is a plant the devil designed.

My garden backs onto a stream, I'm battling a tiny bit of Giant Hogweed (finally seems to have been conquered) and Himalayan balsam, which was introduced to the UK as a very pretty ornamental plant in the 18th Century but is now classed as a weed and an invasive plant. It really likes the Scottish soil. To the point the local council organises "Balsam Bashing" events where some serious men go around the rivers and canals with heavy duty equipment, trying to tame it so that anything else can get a chance to grow in its' place.

I just read today about an experiment there in Scotland trying to unleash sheep (or was it goats?) On giant hogweed. It seems decently successfull. They of course can't uproot the plant but have no problem bringing devastation on visible parts.

Second-year sheep who remember from the previous season that the plant is edible even gnaw on larger plants up to 1.5 m tall.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Actually the entire story escalated way beyond some wet phones and drunken argument. It is so amazing I have a hard time believing it.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Some more sinister details about the husband:

Concerning!

This is what I'm doing right now for the same reasons

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Rain Brain posted:

Yeah... extra funny ("funny") because they could really make racism work for them in this case - a white guy who speaks fluent, colloquial, Urdu will always have a place at the NSA.

He can also do well in sales if he wants to go this direction. A decent salesman who speaks Hindi (or Urdu for that matter) isn't super common and will be sought after by whatever company tries to do business in India.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hughlander posted:

AITAH for dumping my GF after moving in with her

OP: I'm hurt by this thing you did!
Ex: Hey no one got hurt.

Gender swapped version of this would lead to the police being called.

What I don't get about stories like that is how the apologizing party seems to go to great lenghts to get the other to return but can't help but call them a bitch about making a fuss and being hurt like a a baby. How is that supposed to advance the end goal of getting one to come "home".