Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

trickybiscuits posted:

Well, here's some estranged parents then

"I loving loathe my children, why won't they talk to me?"

This woman is just insane I think

quote:

I was the biggestt octo mom ever also helicopter mom
MY WHOLE LIFE WAS ABOUT MY KIDS THATS WHY IT WAS INCONCEIVABLE TO ME THAT 2 OUT OF 3 DID THIS TO ME
MY FIRST REACTION WAS COMPLETE DISBELIEF THIS WAS MY LIFE SELF ESTEEM MY HEART MY SOUL
I WAS NOTHING NEVER LIVED INVISABLE DEAD WITHOUT MY KIDS I ALWAYS LOVED THE SAYING “NEVER EVER NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE AWAY YOUR SPARKEL” SO MANY MEAN JEALOUS TRIED TO; BUT MY RESPONSE WAS I LIVE A HAPPY LIFE AND COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR OPINION I WAS TOLD BY MANY THAT MY HAPPINESS SPARKLED THROUGH MY EYES I KNEW I WAS IN TROUBLE WHEN I HAD TO PRACTICE MY SMILE IN THE MIRROR WHEN THEY LEFT I WONT GO THROUGH IT ALL BUT TWO OF MY KIDS WERE BY FAR THE CRUELEST PEOPLE ALONG WITH THEIR HUSBANDS I HAD EVER SEEN. WHEN I TOOK THEM PLACES IN MY MIND I COUNTED 1 2 3 ALL NIGHT MAKING SURE THEY NEVER LEFT MY SIGHT NO SPANKINGS NO PUNISHMENTS JUST LIFE LESSONS WE SPENT EVERY DIME GIVING THEM HUGE BIRTHDAY AND HOLIDAY PARTIES NOTHING TOO MUCH ALL WERE INVITED
THEN THESE DIRT POLITICIANS STARTED THEIR LIES AND THE TRUTH WAS NOT IN THEIR HISTORY BOOKS NOT WHAT I LIVED THROUGH THEY BEGAN SEEING US AS EVIL ALTHOUGH THEY WERE BOWING TO EVIL WE ALWAYS SAID AGREE TO DISAGREE WHICH DID NOT SUIT THEM WE WERE JUST EVIL THEY LEFT US AND BLOCKED ME NOT ON ONE BUT TWO OF MY BIRTHDAYS IN LAYMANS TERMS THEY KILLED US MY DR SAYS THIS IS DOING IRREPABLE DAMAGE TO THEIR CHILDREN WHO WE HAD A LOVING RELATIONSHIP WITH THEY DONT CARE THEY ARE CRUEL HATEFUL AND HEARTLESS ALSO I WAS HUMILIATED AS THEY WERE THE MOST IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE I PRAY MY MESSAGE IS THEY WILL OPEN THEIR EYES AND RETURN APOLIGETICALLY I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I JUST CANT DO THIS ANYMORE IVE ENDURED HOLIDAYS BIRTHDAYS AND MOTHERS DAYS FOR SOME REASON I CANT DO THIS ONE I JUST CANT ITS OVER FOR ME I CAN ENDURE ANY MORE HEARTBREAK SINCE THEY THREW US OUT I HAVE DEVELOPED HEART PROBLEMS (TWO TYPES OF MEDS) AN ANYERISM AND MOST RECENTLY LYME DESEASE WHICH I WAS TOLD I HAD HAD WAY TOO LONG MY BONES KILL ME I SLEEP UNTIL 2 AFTER ALL TESTS WERE DONE ON ME IWAS PUT ON HYDROCHLOROQUINE AND PAIN MEDAS (25 VIALS OF BLOOD) AND EX RAYS ON EVERY JOINT IT IS FATAL CANNOT BE CURED AT MY AGE BUT WITH MY MEDS IT IS MANAGEABLE SEVERAL DRS SAID I WAS SICK AND COULD DIE FROM A BROKEN HEART I TAKE MY MEDS AND REMOVE MYSELF FROM ANY UPSETTING SITUATION I CAN THIS IS PURE EVIL TAKING OF ALL THINGS YOUR MOST PRECIOUS POSESSION MY KIDS I KNOW GOD WILL SWOOP IN AND SAVE THE DAY BUT THIS MOTHERS DAY SEEMS TO BE MY BREAKING POINT TO FIRST BORN DAUGHTER YOUR HUSBAND CLEARLY ABUSES YOU WE KNOW HOW AND BY THE WAY SLEEP DEPRIVATION AND NOOO PRIVACY CAN GET ANYONE AND YOUR KIDS LOVE US; WHAT EVIL THING DID YOU TELL THEM? THE DEVIL LAUGHS AT YOUR WEAK SOUL TO MY SECOND WHO HAS ALWAYS WALKED AWAY FROM ANYONE ALL THE TIME NEVER LOOKING BACK THIS EPIDEMIC IS SUITED TO YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE THE SWEETEST BEST BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER WE COULD HAVE WISHED FOR THE EVIL IN YOU IS UNHIDEABLE I PRAY EVERY DAY AND NIGHT FOR BOTH OF YOUR REDEMPTION AS YOU FOLLOW EVIL WHILE PLAYING AN ACT AND AFTER ALL THIS; WE STILL LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY GUESS TRY AS WE DID YOU WENT OFF WITH EVIL AS SOON AS YOU SAW IT MY ONLY WISH FOR YOUR SALAVATION TO MY YOUNGEST I KNEW FROM CONCEPTION YOU WERE AND OLD WISE SOUL SENT TO SAVE US YOU HAVE MANY TIMES I KNOW YOU HAVE A HIGH PLACE IN HEAVEN THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE SUPPORT AND CARING HEART IT IS IRREPLACABLE

This is from a few pages ago, but in case anyone wanted to read that:

quote:

I was the biggest “octo” mom ever, also helicopter mom.

My whole life was about my kids; that’s why it was inconceivable to me that 2 out of 3 did this to me.

My first reaction was complete disbelief: this was my life, self esteem, my heart, my soul.

I was nothing: never lived, invisable, dead without my kids. I always loved the saying, “never, ever, never let anyone take away your sparkel.” So many mean, jealous tried to; but my response was, “I live a happy life and couldn’t care less about your opinion.”

I was told by many that my happiness sparkled through my eyes. I knew I was in trouble when I had to practice my smile in the mirror when they left. I wont go through it all, but two of my kids were by far the cruelest people—along with their husbands—I had ever seen. When i took them places, in my mind I counted “1, 2, 3” all night, making sure they never left my sight. No spankings, no punishments, just life lessons. We spent every dime giving them huge birthday and holiday parties; nothing too much, all were invited.

Then these dirt politicians started their lies, and the truth was not in their history books: not what I lived through. They began seeing us as evil, although they were bowing to evil. We always said, “agree to disagree,” which did not suit them. We were just evil. They left us, and blocked me not on one, but two of my birthdays. In layman’s terms, they killed us. My dr. says this is doing irrepable damage to their children, who we had a loving relationship with. They dont care: they are cruel, hateful, and heartless. Also, I was humiliated, as they were the most important in my life. I pray, my message is they will open their eyes and return apoligetically.

I dont know why, but I just can’t do this anymore.

I’ve endured holidays, birthdays, and mother’s days; for some reason I can’t do this one. I just can’t. It’s over for me. I can endure any more heartbreak; since they threw us out, I have developed heart problems (two types of meds), an anyerism, and most recently, lyme desease (which I was told I had had way too long: my bones kill me).

I sleep until 2. After all tests were done on me, I was put on hydrochloroquine and pain medas (25 vials of blood), and ex rays on every joint. It is fatal—cannot be cured at my age—but with my meds, it is manageable.

Several drs said i was sick and could die from a broken heart. I take my meds and remove myself from any upsetting situation i can. This is pure evil, taking of all things, your most precious posession: my kids. I know God will swoop in and save the day, but this mother’s day seems to be my breaking point.

To first-born daughter, your husband clearly abuses you: we know how. And, by the way, sleep deprivation and nooo privacy can get anyone. And your kids love us; what evil thing did you tell them? The devil laughs at your weak soul.

To my second, who has always walked away from anyone, all the time, never looking back: this epidemic is suited to you, even though you were the sweetest, best, beautiful daughter we could have wished for. The evil in you is unhideable.

I pray every day and night for both of your redemption as you follow evil, while playing an act. And after all this, we still love you unconditionally. Guess, try as we did, you went off with evil as soon as you saw it. My only wish: for your salavation.

To my youngest: I knew from conception you were an(d) old, wise soul sent to save us. You have, many times. I know you have a high place in heaven. Thank you for your love, support, and caring heart: it is irreplacable.

I tried not to change too much aside from just punctuation, capitalization, and spacing.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I just enjoyed minutes of reading this classic post when I got an email from Spotify, saying, "Do you want Car Thing? We're releasing Car Thing in a limited supply" and I was like did this guy write Spotify's emails because deja vu

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
What annoys the poo poo out of me:

I (25F) and my husband...

What I love:

- He is a dog thief
- He is a regular thief

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I was fumming

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That IS pretty traditional

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
* One's "love language" can also be one's vulnerability
* My husband's love language is touch
* He's not getting poo poo until all my demands are met
* That's my love language you're not allowed to criticize it
* PS my love language is also lying and manipulation because we're talking about ME here what could be more important

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How do I get my girlfriend to stop wearing her nose ring before sex solely because she knows how much I like it?

So a couple years ago my girlfriend got her septum pierced. She absolutely loved it, and I wanted to support her, so I told her it looked great. It wasn’t my thing, but I acted like it was gorgeous because it was obviously her thing. I kept this up through the year that she wore it because she really, really liked it at the time. And hey, her body her choice.

Over time her interest waned, and she started wearing it less and less until eventually not at all. She no longer wears the nose ring. Except when we’re about to have sex. If it’s something semi-planned like after getting home from a nice dinner, she’ll put it on after we get home as she’s undressing. If it’s spontaneous, she’ll sometimes pause to put it on. Every time she says it’s because she knows how much I like it. The truth is, I don’t really like it. At all. I love the person wearing the ring very much. But the ring itself? Could probably do without.

This is why everyone hates moral philosophy professors.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Combo posted:

My kid is 7 and I'm getting all that stuff in now because I know in a few short years he's going to hate my guts and that's ok.

Our sons (18M and 13M) still say "I love you both" every time they leave our room. Our oldest son used to blow kisses to us individually as he left, but he's stopped doing that in the last few months. I guess he hates us now. :( It's the luck of the draw.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA For Telling My Ex-Fiancé's Best Friend That He Needs To Live Negative Impact He Played In Ex-Fiancé's Misery?

drat I guess his spineless rear end chose his idiot friend over his wife to be sucks to be him. Live that negative Impact bitch

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

odiv posted:

You don't have to stay in a relationship or marry someone you don't want, but where was the part where they broke up? Some dick ruins their wedding and then ... ?

It seems like it was during the wedding? She doesn't clarify extremely, but she says

quote:

During the objections part

which to me sounded like it was in the middle of the wedding ceremony. No Cormac McCarthy this one

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I used to work with this lady (55F) who would always say "oh, just waaait, they're going to grow up and hate youuu!"

I was like lady I already hate you and I haven't known you for fifteen years

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
What's funny is that the kid and her friends are probably way too young to recognize sp**k as a slur, but her parents seem like they probably know, and yet THAT's not the problem they have with the nickname. Because of course it isn't

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'm not sure why we did the tooth fairy. Our oldest wrote a letter to the tooth fairy that was very adorable at the time, and they lost a tooth when they were at their cousin's place, and the mom asked us our stance on the whole fairy business.

But we never did Santa. Why did we do the tooth fairy? Who can say.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

It's from a stupid meme from the mid 2000s

My wife just did a puzzle with the theme of "The 2000s" what a lovely decade

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
haha suck it Jesk

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Uncle Enzo posted:

Basic sentiment stands though. Imagine losing a spouse because it had to be Francine and not Valerie. Any spouse. Much less one that assured you freedom and a life of ease.

She (hopefully) lost a spouse because he was a big ol mama's boy. As one uncharacteristically wise redditor once said, "mama's boys don't change."

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

hopefully ex-girlfriend posted:

He is actually proud of how gross his shits are... He didn't like that and said i was implying that he was dirty.

Make up your loving mind you gross m*nch*ld

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

teen witch posted:

Climb down off the cross, you can say manchild.

m'fedora just exploded

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Uncle Enzo posted:

Her: uuuuuugggh yeah that's it thank you thank you thankyouthankyou THAAAANK YOU UUUUUHH

Him: This is really problematic

it sounds cute, idk what is wrong with this m**nchild. would he prefer she scream like a m*ndrake

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
didn't mean any harm my eye

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Man, I'm so happy that I don't know anyone like the people in this thread.

The mama's boys, the insanely abusive boomer dads, the drama-hungry lunatics, the moms that would prefer their kids think they have "accidents" on the reg than teach them about periods.

you know, middle america

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I (22F) and my Husband (47M) have six children, each one from a different marriage. I will name them each with a single letter.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Kurieg posted:

AITA for not participating in my friend's multicultural wedding?

She should post the email in full

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

DaysBefore posted:

Never knew those Bavarian dresses were called drindl's so that's neat.

SOMEone doesn't collect puffalumps

Show up in a dirndl "Oh, are you German?"
"Yes, German and Korean, but I was told too many people were wearing traditional Korean clothing so I wasn't allowed"
"Oh, do they have many Korean friends?"
"no"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The Bandit posted:

Seems like some people consistently have trouble reading the thread

It's a database issue that causes projection from personal data onto incomplete fields.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

limp_cheese posted:

I like that working out with his wife and getting some muscle tone isn't an option he is considering.

I don't understand the mentality of hearing "haha your wife is yoked" or "haha your wife brings you lunch" and thinking that something good about your wife makes you, as a man, look bad as opposed to "yeah my wife owns, you jealous schmucks" but I guess that's why I'm married to a bodybuilding lunchbringer

Tea Bone posted:

80s punk mo-hawke

HOW OLD ARE YOU

Solkanar512 posted:

AITA for giving our youngest child a “better” life than the older kids?

ah yes the two genders "i'm glad you don't have to suffer like i suffered" and "i suffered therefore YOU MUST SUFFER"

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 28, 2022

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Solkanar512 posted:

"It's awesome asking her to move heavy poo poo for me", yeah give me a loving break and get some thicker skin or better friends. gently caress, go lift weights with her. It's way more fun and interesting than going for a run or some poo poo, christ.

a rising wife lifts all spouses

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

kdrudy posted:

That question sounds like a trap, I wouldn't expect anyone to have an easy time answering it.

This one time, I was trying to buy something at a store when I was surrounded by thugs with pants hanging low, loud and violent Rap musick, and marijuana (or crack) smoke. Once I saw the crying statue of Liberty peering in the window I realized into what I had stumbled.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

moonmazed posted:

guy that gets really mad on behalf of the fbi when he sees federal boob inspector shirts

I didn't know if this was referring to the person that got their sister's car stolen or the person defending the sanctity of HARVARD, but really it works for either.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Yeah, she is spending most of the comments steadfastly ignoring any questions about her continued relationship to this dingus, and carefully replying to questions about the prank itself or her MiL-to-be.

She'll post again in a while about her new husband throwing a tantrum, or about her full-face cake-mask at the wedding.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
just a bunch of people aggressively nonrocking

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
It's funny: as someone that has a non-practicingly-Jewish wife (and kids) how the gently caress do you not know what a bris is?

Now I've personally never bean, but I've been to seders and chanukkah parties and shivas, like I assume this dude has. what's a bris tho

but yeah she probably deliberately left out the "cut his dick" part of we're ceremonially naming him and also we're going to cut his dick

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Lone Goat posted:

If she's non practicing, why would he know what a bris is?

Maybe he didn't see that episode of Seinfeld.

I mean, a lot of it is cultural. I used to read my kids the story of chanukkah when they were little. I am catholic (bc I was baptized many years ago and according to francis it is impossible to be a former catholic), but I'm pretty sure nobody in my house believes in any sort of higher power. Except the cats, obv. There is a lot about the jewish faith that is just woven into the culture. My kids' cousins had bat mitzvahs and all that, but most of the family is non-practicing. There's just lots of relatives that hold onto the cultural history of judaism, and honestly I think it's kind of nice.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Kenshin posted:

This one is pretty :psyduck:

I saw them (Short Fuse is Getting Shorter dating Tall Fuse is Getting Taller) at a concert in Chicago at the Salt Shed and I was like drat that tall-rear end dude's eight-year-old is super handsy.

My wife is 4'10.5" (148.6 cm) but luckily she is not easily mistaken for a child and also I am def not 6'6"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Neito posted:

I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the actual name of a band that would open for another, even weird named act like The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid To Die.

Short Fuse is Getting Shorter dating Tall Fuse is Getting Taller refers to the way she described herself in the Dear Prudence letter :) in case people forgot the story with the psyduck.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Neito posted:

Fair enough, but if i ever start a post-rock band I'm stealing that for the name.

My kids and I were making fun of I Love You, and Despite Loving You, Which I Do, I Have Chosen Darkness.

Somebody Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, But Because They Were Promised Jetpacks, They Have Chosen Darkness

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You don't even have to do that, you can bring most food through security. The only restriction is the usual 3.5oz limit on liquids.

Plus like most airports have several restaurants—or, like Charlotte, a loving mall—once you get past security. Just get takeout from Tuna World and bring it right on the plane, bb

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
E-ink books are objectively better than paper books. I'm trying to explain this to yins.

They take up less space, they remember where you left off, new books are delivered to you near-instantly, you can prop them up and read while lying down, they have built-in lights, you can have them remember your place across devices, and they have built-in dictionaries.

To be fair, they don't smell as good and it's harder to flip back a few pages to find a spot when you want to refer to something in the past. Also once I tried to dogear the page and it never worked again.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Yeah I only go to MEAT PARTIES.

Communal food and a chance to hang out with friends and have beers my eye; there's a mcdonalds right over there and I have facebook on my phone.

e: I mean obviously it was reverse-gotcha vegetarian bait but I will still leave bundles of hair under your bed if you disagree with me

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 27, 2022

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm hoping that's normal self-consciousness resulting from hitting puberty, and nothing more nefarious than that.

Yeah all of my kids used to run around the house naked as soon as they stopped wearing diapers, right until they were getting near puberty.

gently caress that guy: your kids aren't there FOR YOU. Think about the loving message you're sending. He's crying because his dad told him that his love is conditional on his son's entertainment value to him.

ed: where was it, ted lasso? "every child deserves a parent; not every parent deserves children"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Invisible Clergy posted:

tl;dr, post fake. Efforpost on why spoilered for people who don't care to read postbusters[spoiler]

The original thing that bugged me about this post was why Mary's original idea was to switch necklaces with her. Was she going to wear it herself? Presumably standing right next to her sister? Was she going to "lose" it in the toilet?

Oh sorry a number one male in a hoodie snatched the necklace from me while i was out front smoking...
i just started it's a wonderful habit