Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Shammypants posted:

I sure hope Skyrim is on sale for 30 dollars!

You're in luck!

Probably won't, but are Bioshock 1 + 2 on Switch decent? (know to avoid 3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

beer gas canister posted:

the Switch has a loving sick lineup. one of the best ever based on this list alone. look at that poo poo. Nintendo nailed it with indies and classic ports this generation. i'm about to start selling off a bunch of aged nintendo consoles, every generation up to Gamecube, and after having spent weeks studying their libraries none of them come anywhere close.

First of all: Weeks? You nerd! Neeeeerd!

Second: Erm... uh. Ok. so I did the same exact thing before cashing out. You are correct. The Switch library is unrivaled for me as a handheld, and I do not miss my rotting antique electronics one bit.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Morter posted:

How are the loading times on Divinity Original Sin 2? I love tactical-y games if it's fun to play. I can wait until a sale.

The load times were a little too intense for me to beat DOS2 on Switch after playing on PC. If I hadn't gotten used to the faster PC load times, I wouldn't have noticed so much. A me problem, probably. I was also playing off a Limited Run physical copy, and I dont know how that effected things either. However! Once a map loads, it is smooth sailing and really impressive.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Morter posted:

okay that's actually very enticing because i have it on steam but didn't play it.

ya, the cross save feature is indeed very cool if youre the least bit interested

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

LuckyCat posted:

Lego City Undercover is an amazing game but good god do the loading screens suck.

yuuuuuuup

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I don't know why it happens, but it reminds me of the shape of a glitch I got at the top of my screen too, except walking through parts of my town.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Chrono Trigger getting a high end $60 port is impossible without a serious shake up in management because present Square Enix has mastered the mystic artforms of leaving money on the table and disavowing popular things.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Anybody have some particularly choice Miitopia access codes or a list of codes for goony pop culture Miis? I think Ive pretty much tapped everything I could reasonably find on Miipedia and MiiCharacters, but I'm always on the lookout for more.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Looper posted:

i want phoenix and edgeworth to move in together

:yeah:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
need a quick take: if I loved the SFC rom and the DS version. is Front Mission 1st good enough to buy rn?

yes/no/wait

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Im dense.. How do I spam tf out of a button press without holding the controller? I just want it to mash the A in Pokemon fights hands free while I listen to podcast, clean, etc

I have a 8bitdo usb adapter but the software is obtuse and I didnt manage to get it to do anything but screenshot as per normal. I got a Hori Splitpad on the way. Will either of those things work?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I’m really not. Sw/Sh really made it clear that I’ve outgrown the series by a huge margin. That’s a me problem. The series is otherwise fine.

yea I would say Scarlet/Violet IS a much better scene but its also like... Sword/Shield all doped up on steroids in the prob best and def worst possible ways. if SwSh didnt click, I doubt the future of the series holds much value for your finite video games time/money/effort. sounds like youre making the right call.

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 15, 2022

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
each and every 3DS and Switch Pokemons are literally perfect video games despite forever losing that Gen 1 through 5 magic because thats what my friends and relatives kids play and they are extremely enthusiastic little dudes. I totally acknowledge the series is kind of ridiculous at this point but being around genuine enthusiasm will give you a total respec to your brain and Pokémania is eternal. Im just glad they are too cool for Fortnite :shrug:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Foul Fowl posted:

i respecced my brain into an anhedonia main and let me tell you: everything sucks and im depressed

that sucks, dude. Im sorry :(

all I can say is that parenthood changes a person and that Nintendo Switch is ftw with the kids

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 15, 2022

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
The part of my brain that lights up and says "I REALLY LOVE GAMBLING" says that on the Switch handheld mode, Diablo 2 is a better "ARPG" since you can come back to reality and do sick loot trades online and go back to zoning tf out in handheld mode but Diablo 3 is a significantly better video game experience as a whole and thus is more fun and ended up having more legs on it for me. Pick your poison! 🎰

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
ya never going back

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Fuligin posted:

drat fine tactical mario games but also rabbids!!! is such a monkey paw wish

might as well be called "Despicable Me Tactics: War of Illumination" but I knew that. I thought I could cope. I could not.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Cartoon Man posted:

So sad Ridley died of Ligma.

What's Ridley?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mister Facetious posted:

The protagonist in the original D&D movie

nice

Cartoon Man posted:

Ridley my balls hah ha got ‘em!

haha

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the load times were much longer on Switch than they were for me on PC and a little bit more than that in undocked

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

An Actual Princess posted:

reminder that kirby and the forgotten land is a masterpiece and everyone should play it

Kirby rules

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Wildtortilla posted:

Monster Sanctuary has me hooked on building monster teams. The synergy aspect of building teams in this is so satisfying. I am glad I decided to give this game another chance when I had the Pokémon bug.

This game rules so hard.

Also I’m so glad I’ve gotten over my life long aversion to spending gold in video games. Monster Sanctuary let’s you respec/boost levels/ warp around the world, it’s all consumables but they’re cheap to buy and I’m loving it. Instead of sitting on lots of skill points for ten levels to finish my builds, I spent the points as I leveled up and when I hit my target level spent 3% of my gold to redo my skill tree.

gently caress yea! Spend gold!

If anybody is interested in playing what would happen if you mixed Castlevania and Pokemon, they should absolutely get Monster Sanctuary. theres some first class monster designs in there too, many available very early, such as Catzerker! Monster Sanctuary does indeed rule.

also ya the old method of encouraging the player to do resource hoarding via idk... a sense of anticipation? suxx. it wasnt even a thing in a surprising amount of the old RPG type games, it was just a habit a lot of us did or a poor mindset idk. Im glad you got to experience a new kind of playstyle on top of everything else the game has to offer.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Whoever said "visit your library" itt rules bc now I have the "kinda good but definitely not $60 kinda good" Bravely Default 2 on its way and a whole new path has opened up to me :)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I see Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is in the eShop. It's one of those Cloud Version games that Ive been kind of avoiding, but theres a demo so I will give it a shot. Why not? :shrug:

Anybody here try it? How does it run?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
update on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, if anybody is curious:

I tried the demo. No joke, it had easily the worst lag Ive ever seen.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Snake Maze posted:

The former, yeah. It gives you a randomly generated code for your cloud save storage when you start the game for the first time, and I guess doesn’t bother to check that it’s an unused code.

yeah I was a little blown the gently caress away by that too when I uploaded my file. Maybe its the Siralim guy coming up with a sloppy solution to deliver on a promise? he might be done with Siralim for the forseeable future. theres a thread on the Siralim Ultimate Steam forum about it

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
yeah, I gave him $75 to put my monster in the game lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mega64 posted:

Which monster?

it was a fire elf called Disco Inferno

he was taking donations for this specific sort of thing and I ran it by him and he said yes. so I sent an email with pictures of D&D fire elementals and like, Leisure Suit Larry, Harry du Bois, Jimmy T, and said, "I just want to support your work. nobody is out there doing what you do, you figure it out the design, surprise me" it was great

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I don't see what's odd about enjoying a new video game exactly one time. that's like most new movies for me now these days. :shrug:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Potassium Problems posted:

it's this, I replay fairly linear games all the time but I'd never rate a game highly if I never ever wanted to play it again once I finished it

my time with Dragon Quest XI was the best experience I had with a JRPG but I have zero desire to go back because it wouldnt have the same magic for me a second time

Im not trying to be abrasive or trollin, I just think the responses to this are interesting bc maybe Im missing something

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
oh yeah I officially became a Library Gamer today and am currently playing FOR FREE the very "8/10 I probably wont beat this" Bravely Default 2

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
whats absurd about it? I dont follow

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ragequit posted:

The Switch Link’s Awakening has an absolute banger OST. That Tal Tal Heights rendition is primo stuff.

try listening to it at 1.25x speed on Youtube!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

magimix posted:

The game is very much about completing puzzles as quickly as possible while the rules get mixed up in increasingly bonkers way. Small grids don't really hold it back, and large puzzles would be frankly absusive with some of the rulesets that get chucked in.

It has a demo that is worth checking out. It really is quite different from your usual Picross.

Edit: I've played a modest amount of it, and thought I'd seen a pretty good variety of different rules. And then I dropped into a multi-player session, and *holy poo poo* it was wild. That plus the time pressure mean that it can be surprisingly challenging, even with 5x5 grids.

I struggle with just basic Picross poo poo but that sounds genuinely rad as hell and Im glad its a thing

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Bravely Default 2: do I save or vendor items that are tagged "collectable resource" ?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
was the Skyward Sword rerelease great or merely just very good? never played it

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kirios posted:

Breath of the Wild is still the greatest game ever made FYI.

how do I see this? I tried getting into BOTW three times and I felt the intro stuff just drags on forever

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

American McGay posted:

Not really. If you fully explore the plateau it takes probably 2 hours but if you b-line the shrines you’re out of there in 30 minutes. Maybe you should try sucking less.

sorry :(

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
it just never clicked even going into it with a totally open mind. Im certain Im missing a perspective , I didnt mean to cause offense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FlapYoJacks posted:

The best controller is the Switch Pro controller. The only thing wrong with it is the triggers aren’t analog. Shameful.

Anecdotally, Im almost certain it was defective when I bought it from Amazon in 2019, but I actually wore one out with Dragon Quest XI of all games. Do stealth bootleg Pro Controllers exist? Because I can absolutely see that possible coming from Amazon in 2019, let alone now.