Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah but a FC gets a lot more use out of a house than a single player. That's why they made apartments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Grem posted:

Oh my god my character is stuck in a loving bikini I forgot so much about what a weirdo I was 10 years ago....how do I undo transmog stuff?

You can buy a https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/6d5e25c2fb9/?patch= glamour dispeller from one of many vendors, you'll need at least 2-3 to remove your bikini glam depending on if you glammed your shoes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think the players would riot after how they handled Zenos in EW if they brought him back for anything other than maybe Echo flashbacks. Sicard would be cool though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Having done the quests in question I appreciate little cameos and references to things my WoL have already done.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah PvP just works in xiv in a way I haven't seen outside of some Guild Wars patches. I suppose having a dedicated PvP team who are allowed to make any adjustments needed for balance which doesn't touch PvE at all is a big part of it.

I'm trying to remember, does wow silo off PvP or are they still playing the fools game of trying to create one balance for both.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Most of the people with multiple houses don't even do poo poo with them, you visit and there's just an empty house with an empty lot. I know some of the FC ones do submarines but the ones in personal wards don't.

Also it's unfair for an FC to own multiple houses because they're denying regular FC 's the ability to use those features.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Garland bell is great because you can set the timer for a node and it will ring a bell that you can hear in-game.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah read the patch notes and down around the bottom area is a list of things they weren't able to fix yet, it's usually an entertaining read.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So it's going to be a paint by numbers MMO with Riot IP? That doesn't sound so bad but I won't play it as I'm too wedded to the FFXIV infrastructure.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They are going to keep Yoshida tied to his desk for as long as physically possible aren't they.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mordiceius posted:

(This is insane behavior)

You're drat right it is, both characters have to go through all the same content EXCEPT for whatever 8-man Savage is currently out. That's basically double the work with no payoff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just want to say the The Sorrow of Werlyt was some of my favorite patch content, I love giant robots and giant robot drama and the return of ARR Badass Gaius and the unlocks for extreme mode tickled my fancy quite a bit even if I haven't actually done the Extreme fights yet.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Truga posted:

that's just respecting the lalafell lore

Most of the Lalafell you meet are horny, yes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Erg posted:

Is yoshida not already taking a step back from ff14? I thought he was producing 16 as well, and I have to imagine that has taken away at least some of the time he’d normally dedicate

It's not like he's posted a strict schedule he adheres to or anything, but he definitely has split his time between the two games. The difference is that FFXVI work will eventually end and unless he takes a job making FFXVII after he'll be back on FFXIV full time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Papashan no!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ooh yeah, I leveled everything to 80 in advance for Endwalker in about a month thanks to the earring.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Inzombiac posted:

Crap, I assume there's no way to get the earrings now?

I just have the +30% under level 30 ring.

They're preorder bonuses for the expansion pack and since they haven't opened preorders for the next expansion (probably in approximately 2 years) so no.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bean posted:

So if I have a playstation and a steam license and the steam store shits the bed, I can still log in on my ps5 right?

For some reason I can't buy PS4 expansions including Endwalker because it keeps saying I don't have the base game. The thing is, Mog station shows me as having the base game so I guess I gotta get in touch with either PS support or SE support one of these days.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love that look, I've glammed similar in the past although I'm currently doing other sillier glams when I get back, maybe a chicken head.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it's not worth it to buy at full price but they do periodically put it on sale and if you can grab it for like 24 dollars or so you probably won't regret it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Texture is probably flesh since it's made from sin eater bodies but the taste has to be pleasant or else the nobles in Eulmore wouldn't eat it. So I'm guessing it tastes like meat buns.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you get a lot of customization options with that, you can change your face paint/tattoos, change your hair style and color, if you're an Au Ra you can change the extra color in your eyes, and the whole thing is cheap.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Antivehicular posted:

I once started an Expert with my tank stance already on from overworld content, then thought "oops, better stance up" and immediately toggled it in the dungeon, only to realize in the first pack that I'd just toggled it off and not on. Somehow I still got a comm? Absolute clown time.

Tanks have the advantage that if you stay long enough to get a commendation, you'll usually have one tossed your way by a DPS trying to get their challenge log for commendations for the week.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Books is the worst part of zenith weapons. Everything past that is merely tedium.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

W.T. Fits posted:

I maintain that the stage where you have to desynthesize a bunch of trash sold by a vendor to get non-guaranteed crafting material drops is the worst part of the ARR relic.

Ha, you can buy those off the market board for cheap.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You're doing a real good job on the side activities of the game. I love that red panda hanging on!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tamba posted:

That was also written around Stormblood, when aggro management still was a thing even without intentionally crippling yourself.

I remember those days, you needed to carefully handle your aggro stance (and for DRK DPS stance) so you could keep lead while not hamstringing your DPS.

Not like now where you just activate Tank stance and you're good to go.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've given up on speaking out against skip potions, originally I didn't like them because you skipped so much content. But now you can replay, or play for the first time, almost all of it with new game plus and the cutscene journal I don't have issues with it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I did those but I ended up not finishing the relic because there was a part where you had to go to Bozja to advance and I could never stand the grinding of fates and CEs to reach the required resistance rank.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I ended up doing sastasha for that phase because I got bonus light.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm just surprised everyone was having a good time except the one guy who wanted an SA (whatever the hell that is, I don't erp).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mordiceius posted:

I'm assuming that he was looking for sexual assualt ERP.

The venue scene loving rules. It's just fun to go to nightclubs and hang out with friends while listening to a live DJ set.

Ew gross, gently caress that guy. I like hanging out in houses and chatting with catgirls too, I just miss all the big events because they're scheduled for either my nap or my dinner. Or on another data center (although that might not be a problem soon).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love that autotranslate. That way I know which one I can send my reassurance that I got this as I've run every dungeon like a hundred times.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For some reason the USA didn't make it a holiday in Japan. They probably could have, unconditional surrender and all that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

W.T. Fits posted:

the right move in theory, but unfortunately, you're not in theory, you're in Frontline.

Seconded

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Got a lot of Ace players in this game, they just tend to get shouted down by the very sex positive ERP scene.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The bottom one is the gambler coat dyed so you'd have to pick up a dye pot and do some grinding at the Gold
Saucer if you want to steal that look.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't know about Moonfire Faire or nothing but yeah the one on the left was wearing a top that was definitely not in the game yet.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What about the Lunar Whale, it sucks you inside and has passenger space and presumably restraints, for 8 people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GloomMouse posted:

If you aren't already doing so keeping your gatherers leveled alongside your crafters is also a good idea since they can grab mats to make things to gear/level the crafters. Also there's a DoL only beast tribe that is extremely cute and good

The one in Shadowbringers? Yeah those are cute.