Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

the_steve posted:

*stares in Warden of the Seven Hues*

I'm three away from big fish... hahaha... hah... haaa.. ahhhh :(

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

re: monk weapon glams:

i'm a huge fan of the omega knuckles

and lately i've been using the crystarium knuckles

basically i like weapons that monks wear all the time, and aren't SUPER flashy since half their movesets are kicks so i don't want the fists to take all the spotlight. suzaku weapons are another good option. shb matte relic is good. some eureka ones, i think.

If you are going to insist on being the weaker cat boy, at least wear a hat!!!!!!!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Go into pvp not caring if you win or lose and you'll be fine and have your drip in no time!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I want this emote where is this emote, please yoship it has been like 8 years

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Way ahead of you, but christ. Double mooches? :negative:

I have been unable to land the final three fish I need for Big Fish for going on like 8 god damned months now and I hate everything about it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

frosteh posted:

I feel your pain. I literally only need Cinder Surprise and I will finally have that drat title. I'm something like 0/10 on it with bites and no catches.

I am 0/30 something now, I've seen almost every cinder surprise possible over the last year and I want to loving die. I hate this dumb, not chocolate egg!!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Whoever made this change... I just want to talk. I just want to have a quick chat.

https://twitter.com/JoCatFFXIV/status/1513966391254265862

Note Block fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 12, 2022

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I've literally seen people say that exact thing, yeah. There are players who actually argue that the limited housing available is a good thing because housing wouldn't be as special if everyone could have one

Yeah those people can gently caress off. I own a large shirogane mansion and housing should be unlimited.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Lost the lottery on a private large. I already own a large in Shirogane so it's not the end of the world, but I am a Saint of the Firmament so this was my ultimate goal and now it's dead, ah well.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Logging in should be enough to reset the demolition timer on a plot.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

Ok listen, we need to make it harder not easier to maintain a house. I'm a fan of aggressive taxation as measure.

Then I will be wanted for tax evasion both in real life and in my video game.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

This reminds me of that one cosplay trick some photographer did where the final image looks like the cosplayer is laying in a bed of flowers but really it turned out they were popping out of a bush at an angle. I wish I could find that picture set, it's great.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
relevant to our love/frustration with CC

https://twitter.com/thancredmatsu/status/1521171155930861568?s=20&t=n5axc5pSuIMSfrgPrPunLg

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neat!

Bruceski posted:

Thanks. I'll have to poke a bit to figure out which settings give the best quality to filesize ratio, but now I can show off.

NEAT

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mane_tank/status/1523774433931907072?s=20&t=5XAXHC0lVmCjeJPPTswSmQ

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

if you've ever seen someone mention their parse in alliance or party chat in a random rear end dungeon, you could report them and that unenforced TOS is magically enforced.

sure you must mean barse

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

time to go back to the lawless lands of final fantasy 11 where you can speedhack in front of a GM and they won't give a poo poo

They'd also stand around invisible and watch players train mobs onto fishing bots and laugh about it, because they weren't allowed to do anything more than that.

source: me, I used to work at SOE waaay back in the day when SOE was the contracted company for their NA CS/GM work.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

aers posted:

I got suspended in FFXI in 2005 for pos hacking so clearly the GMs had some power

I did, however, never get dinged for cheating my way into the endgame area which was locked behind a questline requiring you to be 70+ on a level 10 character

GMs had power for certain things and this is one of them, obviously.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chillgamesh posted:

I always misjudge the size of Thal's Balls and get vuln stacks

I stand directly below them, gaining them stickers by the handful as Thal's Balls descend upon me.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Emet-Selch.... is good!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Quick note, if you plan to ever do mass production end-game crafting macros, do not just plug in whatever you feel like. You need to reliably hit certain break points and know exactly what stats you are working with so that the macros work every single time, without fail and loss of time/money/materials.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm talking specifically about very high end crafting, where you absolutely cannot just wing it. It's very good to plan ahead if it's something you might want to do in the future because it can end up being very, very costly not planning correctly. Basically, if that sort of crafting is appealing to someone, they should become a lot more familiar with breakpoints and stat requirements now rather than in the future.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Are there jumping puzzles in the Island Sanctuary? This is very important to me and I must know.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

I had a nasty overmeld fail and I lost a whopping like 85 of them, and it made the worst noise ever conceived by man and also there was a dark puff of smoke. Losing that many in a go is already shocking but I'd never heard or seen it do *that* to me so I was quite startled by it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kerrzhe posted:

raid glam

This looks like kind of some official picture from SE, very cool!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Got mine today :)

https://twitter.com/ArtThouBored/status/1571651234310000641?s=20&t=9SVAm-6a6chwwERsHHRy0g

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

Welcome to the League of Big Fishers. I bestow upon you the title of <Big Fish>.

Now get back to fishing, there's still ocean fishing blues to catch.

Why thank you!

And oh I have them already lol. My luck with Cinder has been extremely bad, so it seems like I'm a newbie fisher but I'm definitely not.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My favorite one of those was when he loaded up the MTQcapture visual guide

Yeah that one is *astounding*

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

3 out of 7. 11 fish to go for a 100% filled log.

They all have the cutest backdrops, literally screams "do not desynth, put me on a canvas." I kept all mine for just in case someday.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

The scene following it is way harder to watch.

100000000000000000000000000000%

I can also instantly cry on command merely thinking about the final scene of the 70 DRK quest

Note Block fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 23, 2022

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

I've caught every fish in the game

BIG FISH UP IN DA CLUB!!

Seriously though for how much emotional torture it's been (I literally cried losing my first Stethacanthus), fishing is still weirdly my favorite aspect of the game (I yelled so loudly catching Ruby Dragon that a neighbor started hooting and hollering with me). I've personally always love these kinds of dumbass grinds in MMOs and it scratches that extremely specific itch perfectly.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

I've been working through my crafting logs for that "fill in a checklist" rush, and who needs inventory space, anyway?

God, I'm going to end up buying more retainers at this rate. I got... problems.

TEN retainers. A FULL TEN OF THEM. Help me.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alder posted:

It took me 8+ months but I finally met a fellow player who visited and complimented me on my house :shobon:

I was surprised since 99% of the time I don't see anyone in the district during the day or night when I'm online often.

Some of us love doing "housing tours" of wards on our server and traveling around to see specific builds on other servers. It's quite interesting to see what people come up with sometimes!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cactrot posted:

Those fools, don't they know the sublime joy of running out of content, suspending your sub and putting the game on the shelf for a bit, then re-subbing right before a patch and remembering "oh yeah, this game rules"?

That blissful joy is sometimes stymied by realizing you missed out on something and you don't know if it will ever be obtainable again.

(not me missing the fat cat parasol, nosiree)

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Thancred became a Rogue/Ninja tag-teaming with Yugiri the Ninja/Rogue before it was added as a player job didn't he? That was pre-Leviathan (2.2) and Rogue was added in 2.4.

Sure it was overshadowed by Merlwyb casting Gun in the same cutscene, but it still happened.

Yup, they heavily hinted at ninja before rogue/ninja came out. I won't begrudge most people not remembering the timeline on this because only like 8 people were playing at the time, myself included.

edit: also most of us thought it would be thief, not rogue.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 5, 2023

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Four leaf clover? New job is KLEE

BOMBS AWAY

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

I think it'd be deeply funny if the new caster is puppetmaster and the new scouting job is corsair cause that would mean all three ToAU jobs from ff11 got flung from the near east to the west

absolutely champing at the bit for puppetmaster, come on puppy, need me that sweet PUP UP PARADE

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

White Mage but combat based

That's it, you're getting glared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007