Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the tokens for the next step of the Manderville relic should be purchasable with cowries.

The last step will available from a Moogle Tomestone event. Fastest way to get enough is to have a team of Level 80 Blue Mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Limited/Exclusive items is bad in every instance, ever.

I have no problem with you getting a special mount/minion/title/glam for buying an artbook or doing PVP or whatever, but after a year, it should be available to everyone, even if it's bought via Mogstation. Same for exclusive pre-order stuff. And if it's for pre-ordering an expansion, make it exclusive until the next expansion.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

Can’t you buy the collectors editions to get pre order bonuses?

Nope. For example, buying the Endwalker Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade gets you the Arion Mount, Wind-Up Porom, and Death Scythe, but not the Menphina Earring.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Huh. I didn’t know that the Ascians were Canadian.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zeruel posted:

if you're a warrior/good at other tank jobs you can wall to wall, but they won't aoe and there's a fair chance they'll die to all the enemy aoes going off.

Also, if they move out of AOE, they won't attack, but just stand around waiting for the AOE to end.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Okay hear me out here:

Wall-mounted orchestrion.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zeruel posted:

he's not that hot

Badger of Basra posted:

he's not hot

e: correct post snype

As he is when we first meet him, no. He's nowhere near hot.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I just don't know about his hairdo. It's hard to get into that

And that's a big part of it.

Hot Emet is OG Emet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure that it's mandatory that anyone who writes a book for a video game gets information wrong.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Smart undersells him a bit, and he's ultra rich. He's used to always being right and having everything go his way.

StB

EW

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Alphinaud is Ben Wyatt and the Crystal Braves are Ice Town.

I will not be taking any questions.

Yeah, that sounds about right...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

I really wish there was a way to try on the PvP outfit without actually getting the coffer. I'd really appreciate being able to plan my grind around "does this actually look good on my character?"

There is if you use add ons

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Man, Monk 50-60 is just rough, isn't it? I have to keep telling myself, "Just 6 more levels to Blitz… just 6 more…"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just finished taking Black Mage from 1-90, and the things that stuck out most are:

• I'm glad I played Summoner first, because it's way more forgiving. That made it easier to play Black Mage, because I knew a lot of things to not do.
  • I heard that it was a hard Job to play, because everything changes every few levels. While things do change every few levels, it's not as bad as I was thinking. "Hard To Play" is probably more about end game stuff, which I don't do.
  • You can tell it was the first Job to have a Job Gauge made, because it's a hot mess.

All in all, it was fun to play, and I don't regret making it my 5th Level 90 Job.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The only raids I've ever done are the required Crystal Tower ones. I have no interest in doing any of the rest. Some of the gear looks neat, but not enough to raid.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maybe, but I have never found stuff like that enjoyable. The 8 person trials are bad enough to me that I get a little stressed every time one comes up in the MSQ.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My worst experience so far has been Tower Of Zot. I got to that point in the story around December, and as far as I can tell, the game decided to throw 4 people who had never done it into a party. We wiped multiple times against each boss, and I think there was about 10 minutes left on the timer when we won.

Even though nobody blamed anyone for things going south, that still stressed me out so bad I took a few days off from playing.

Lately, I've been queueing into the CT Raids via Roulette, and I'm getting more comfortable with the process of running them.

As I said, I have no interest in the other 8 and 24 person stuff, but that will probably change at some point in the future.

Right now, I'm leveling alt Jobs and Crafters/Gatherers, and I'm waiting for the last of the 6.x patches to release so I can run all of it at once.

When I'm ready, I'll make sure to let you goons know, and you can drag me through the other stuff. :)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Had an Aery run via Roulette earlier today, with a Paladin, Astrologian, Red Mage, and me as Samurai.

Nidhogg hit me with Sable Price, and nobody attacked it, so I died. Got a rez, and Nidhogg almost instantly hit me with it again, so I died again.

Shortly after I died, the adds phase happened, and the three of them weren't able to take down them down, so Nidhogg hit 100% on Massacre.

2nd try, I got hit with Price again, then Astrologian died when they got a Stack Marker and nobody stacked (I was still dead), then Paladin died. Red Mage held on for a little longer, but we wiped.

3rd time, they saved me from Price, we soaked the Stack, stopped Massacre from hitting 100%, and won.

I know it's supposed to be random, but I was literally the only one targeted with Sable Price. Friggin' Nerdhogg! :argh:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know I'm not an optimal player. I ignore Positionals. Frankly, I'd love to see 7.0 remove them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oneiros posted:

mine broke for some reason today but only when actually entering a duty, it showed as ok in the portrait menu. i had to toggle the background to force it to allow me to save it again. it's such a broken and obtuse system i can't believe they actually shipped it

Next time, open up your character sheet, and see if the icon to save your Gearset is lit up. If it is, something changed. Even something like extracting Materia will cause it to change.

Resaving usually lets you resave your Portrait. If not, just go to the Character tab on the Portrait, move the camera distance slider under it a little, save, put it back, and save again.

It really is a bad system. It feels like something you'd find in a first Beta test. Shame, too, because it's a really neat idea.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blatman posted:

I wish you could just save it and it'd show regardless of whether or not the glam matches your current glam

I mean, if they can make it set your portrait to your Adventurer Plate, and then have the AP ignore changes made to the Portrait, you'd think this would be possible, and easy.

As someone who's done coding, I know better, but I still want it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Melee DPS Job that uses Scouting Armor, and straps a Shield on each arm to fight with.

And a Dual Pistol using Ranged DPS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Going by History, ARR came with:

2 Tanks
2 Healers
2 Melee DPS (with Ninja bumping it to 3 in a patch)
1 Ranged DPS
2 Casters

HW then went on to add:
+1 Tank
+1 Healer
+1 Ranged DPS

StB added:
+1 Melee DPS
+1 Caster

ShB added:
+1 Tank
+1 Ranged DPS

And finally, EW added:
+1 Melee DPS
+1 Healer

This leaves us with a grand total of:
4 Tanks
4 Healers
5 Melee DPS
3 Ranged DPS
3 Casters

That means 7.0 should add +1 Ranged DPS and +1 Caster.

HOWEVER!

Going by Roles added, HW added:
Tank and Ranged DPS

StB added:
Melee DPS and Caster

ShB added:
Tank and Ranged DPS

EW added:
Melee DPS and Healer

That suggests that 7.0 will add another Tank and another Ranged DPS.

Firebert posted:

After RPR, it's only fair that we get a mining-based combat job (scouting) and a fishing-based combat job (casting, of course)

This is it. The best post in this thread. Time to close it, and start a new one, because nobody can hope to top it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dwesa posted:

6.4 special site now live

(just a list of additions and art, for now)

Huh. They're actually going with Comedy for the new Tomestone name. I figured that was just an April Fool's Joke Name, and we'd get the real name later.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alder posted:

For ppl with alts: how do you manage?

I want an alt character but with the sheer amount of old or paid glam stuff, I feel like It would be suffering to re-collect everything again. Also, I would have to redo ARR and StB if I want to save money instead of story or level skips.

I'm avoiding fantasia since I always end up going back to my original race over time and money.

I want to play through the MSQ again as a Reaper, and I want the Maiming Gear rewards from it, but I'm also planning to spend money. I plan to make a Thaumaturge since they start in Ul'dah, use the Level 80 Skip, and go unlock Reaper. I just have to wait for my server to no longer be flagged as Congested.

hopeandjoy posted:

The other part is just going “this is my alt so I’m not collecting everything on him”.

This is a very big part of it. Before I setteled on the above, I already wanted to make an alt, and this was one of the very first things I decided, regardless of what else I was going to end up doing.

I played City Of Heroes back in the day, and I had one character dedicated to getting all of the Badges. All of my alts just got what they got, and that shaped how I would play alts in other games.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They added the Tomestone Changes to the Lodestone:

Patch 6.4 will see several changes to Allagan tomestones, including the addition of a new type of tomestone and revisions made to previously existing ones.

These revisions will result in the removal of all Allagan tomestones of aphorism. Players carrying this currency are encouraged to exchange it for Allagan tomestones of astronomy before the start of Patch 6.4 maintenance.

* Updated on Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 4:00 a.m. (PDT)

New Tomestone
Allagan tomestones of comedy will be added, which can only be obtained after reaching level 90 with at least one class or job.

Regarding Existing Tomestones

Allagan Tomestones of Causality
The weekly obtainment cap for Allagan tomestones of causality will be removed.
* Maximum inventory limit of 2,000 still applies.

Allagan Tomestones of Astronomy
These tomestones will no longer be obtainable.
All trials and duties that currently yield these tomestones will instead offer Allagan tomestones of causality or the new Allagan tomestone currency.

Players will no longer be able to exchange these tomestones for items.
Although Allagan tomestones of astronomy will not be removed in Patch 6.4, items obtained through their exchanges will be made available through other means.

These tomestones may be exchanged for Allagan tomestones of causality.
* Exchange tomestones by speaking to Auriana in Revenant's Toll (X: 22.7 Y: 6.7).

Allagan Tomestones of Aphorism
With the release of Patch 6.4, all Allagan tomestones of aphorism in the possession of players will be removed.
* Players currently carrying Allagan tomestones of aphorism are advised to exchange them for Allagan tomestones of astronomy by speaking with Auriana in Revenant's Toll (X: 22.7 Y: 6.7) prior to the scheduled maintenance for Patch 6.4.

Allagan Tomestones of Poetics
Allagan tomestones of poetics will be obtainable from trials and duties up to level 80, as well as the Duty Roulette.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rap Game Goku posted:

That just says you won't be able to use Astronomy to purchase things, which we knew. It doesn't say that things previously purchasable with Astronomy will be purchasable with poetics or causality.

Yeah, it's just the standard change when added a new limited type, but that gets us closer to them telling us the things we really wanna know. Kinda like how telling us the Moogle Treasure Trove event was coming told us that 6.4 was close.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

the content drought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lEXxaVbVIA

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dareon posted:

Yeah, it's got those bitterants.

I suck at Black Mage. I have no problems leaving Ley Lines. Between The Lines will zip me right back, so it's not a big deal to me.

Of course, that's provided I even remember to use Ley Lines to begin with…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Hey, potatos could do that too with a running headbutt!

I don't know if he takes suggestions from his Patreons, but I'd love to see BeneG. animate this…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Someday throwing a person through a window will be the right thing to do and I'm willing to be patient.

Railing kill

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xx5ibv4HYE

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm hoping that 7.0 will bring Combined Combos On One Button that you get when you play as an NPC in some duties. It makes Jobs like Samurai, Reaper, and even Black Mage easier to play.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

The AI is only bad if you care about speed, it dodges mechanics more or less perfectly. It's also not in any trials outside the level 89 trial.

It also refuses to do anything but stand around while dodging AOEs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Going forward, ALL new dungeons will have an Enrage mechanic on EVERY boss. If you don't kill the boss in time, the enrage explodes your computer.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Since you want to go for Warrior, I'd suggest watching Wesk Alber's 1-90 Skill Guide.

And if you're interested, he also has them for Paladin, Dark Knight, and Gunbonker. Regardless of which you go with, you'll also want to watch his Tank Role Actions Guide.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

We already had one moon be revealed to actually be the prison for a mega powerful primal

No one would ever expect it happening again

Both moons were.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Samurai already has way too many loving buttons. Removing Kaiten was the correct thing to do.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The problem I have is that you need to use Perfect Balance 3 times, but it only has 2 charges, and the recast is too slow for one to be up by the time you finish getting your 2nd Nadi unlocked.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

perfect balance needs to be used three times for a "full rotation" and has a recharge of 40 seconds, that means you get three PBs every 120 seconds, aligning it neatly with riddle of fire and brotherhood. simply use your second riddle of fire window for your third perfect balance and everything is in perfect alignment always and forever.

I'm only 61. Guess I need to grind out those other 7 levels to make Monk good. And here I thought getting to 60 would do that...

Doomykins posted:

Break free of the shackles of rigid order and play Dancer.

Dancer is great! It was my second Job to 90, after Machinist.

iPodschun posted:

I played Samurai for E9-12S and thought it had too many buttons then too. I play Ninja as my melee now and I also think it has too many buttons, but I like playing Ninja way more than I liked Samurai at least

Ninja absolutly has way too many buttons. The whole Mudra system is just too anime much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Imagine if they removed Reassemble from MCH and rolled the averaged lost damage into Drill, Chainsaw, Bioblaster etc. What's the issue? You still got all your damage, right? Less button bloat?

Nah man let me dictate the pace of my rising giddiness as I chamber my shotgun before I loving obliterate this target. :clint:

As a Machinist main, I'd be fine with removing Reassemble and rolling it into those.