Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

how are people liking DRG in 6.0? Mine is getting dumpstered by SMNs in the 81-90 dungeons but I dont know how much of that is the class and how much is just me being bad at drg

I like the buff rotation being simplified to 2 minutes instead of the whack 5 minute timer it had in shadowbringers. Other than that it's mostly the same except that if you time all your skills right you can dump insane amounts of aoe damage in a very short duration now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Onean posted:

Do we know anything about the Tribe quests yet? Is there any chance the Loporrit's will be related to the (lvl 90 EX dungeon)Last Dregs, the cafe representing hope that sits where hope was nearly lost? I want it to be. Or, maybe the Omicron will be a secret third tribe and they can do it.

I dunno. I just really want there to be more to the Last Dregs than a one-off quest.

Omicron is like without a doubt considering the end of the stigma dreamscape dungeon quest. loporrit seems like a shoe in for crafter beast tribe, so the other would probably be dragons or ea

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Wrestlepig posted:

If I wanted to run Eden's Gate Eternity (Savage) unsynced for the glams, what would I need to do to unlock it?

if you've completed the normal Eden raid series, there's an npc in mord souq in amh arang that will unlock the savage versions for you.

e: if you haven't started the normal eden quest chain, i have no earthly idea but i assume it starts in the crystarium

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

All of y’all wanting to not get into a fist fight with out best friend. smdh. I’m just glad they finally gave me the big goku energy answer the last time right before the fight.

Also, Zenos has the echo. Even though it’s a stolen echo. He only dies if he wants to die. The bigger issue is recovering his body.

(ending) he can Literally turn into a dragon at will, and he already broke into whatever pocket dimension that last trial takes place in, so he's fine as long as he comes back to life. the writing team could come up with any number of dynamis related excuses for why he doesn't, though

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if WoW could have kept its poo poo together for one more patch it would be a totally different world, smdh

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
cloud computing is a bunch of poo poo. aws is for the birds

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

The Zenos storyline is why I brought up the question of "do you see the WoL as their own character". Because while I liked Zenos, I could never envision my WoL liking him. I also have a habit of filling in interpersonal dialogue to liven up all the head nods. And pretty much every meeting with Zenos starting with the Menagerie had my WoL getting more and more irrate as she basically had the same reaction that all the Zenos detractors had.

So when I came to that dialogue option, all I could think was "Zenos is right, but there's no way she would admit that to him."

One reason I love the choices for your answer to Zenos is that it's one of the few places in the game that allows a true divergence in interpretation of the WoL's character. For most of the game, this expansion and all previous expansions included, the things the WoL can say always have to fit the hero's role. You can be light hearted, or sentimental, or serious, but you're always the person who saves the day, and inspires everyone else while doing so. In the last scene with Zenos, the day is already saved, and there's no one else around with expectations for how you should behave. This was the one, best, shot at establishing some darker motivations for the WoL, and I'm so glad the writing team was willing to offer an unrepentantly unheroic option for it

my interpretation of my WoL is that she absolutely is a Zenos, just one that figured out that becoming a steward of the weak would have all the most powerful gods and tyrants of the world lining up to fight her

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the cryptlurker nouliths and imperial wings are both good as hell

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

:)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i would be okay with a trickster job as long as the omega raid series is a prerequisite and the job npc is alpha

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

HackensackBackpack posted:

Hey! Does anyone know what time it is?

It's 6:10:50, motherfuckers!

it's like all your namedays have come at once!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Xerophyte posted:

I did a few attempts at A4S, A8S and A12S on Sage. A4S and A12S were fairly easy, although A12S took a couple attempts. A8S needs more DPS than a level 90 Sage can do, or at least more than my level 90 Sage can do. A DPS with good healing or a bursty tank might do better, and definitely will be able to later in the expansion if they can't now. The big sticking point is that you need the DPS to kill before the Gavel cast completes in the final phase. BLU can in fact do A8S solo at 70, with some luck, some skill and some very good Diamondback timing.

could you really do A4S? i had to bring in a friend to clear it for some drops i wanted because judgement nisi was putting both stacks on me and instakilling me

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
puppet bunker and tower at paradigm's reach are both pretty good, but the copied factory is insanely boring. every boss has 30% too much health and not nearly enough attack patterns to justify it

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i found party finder savage raiding to be extremely slow, at least back in eden. the people who have finished fights will use the [Duty Complete] tag, so your only hope will be slogging through practice groups that may not have seen anything of the fights in question

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think it would be appropriate to scale up the health on the labyrinth / syrcus / void ark bosses to bring them back in line with what they were like on launch, and bring clear times up to around the level of the other raids. that would make those raids more fun to play and remove the incentive for ilevel abuse. i wouldn't mind alliance roulette taking longer on average, since there was always a chance it would be one of the longer raids anyway

it's only a distant memory now, but bosses like glasya labolas were really fun on release when there were mechanics to them

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jetrauben posted:

Honestly if you were looking for Israel Analogies (TM) in Etheirys Ul'dah is right there with its dysfunctional pseudoparliament, mixture of stereotypically European and Middle Eastern cultural trappings, awkward origins and burgeoning mercantile capitalism.

Or Ala Mhigo with its bellicose history and recent occupation, militarily suppressed religion and central trade location, combined with a diaspora that nonetheless are grappling with their nation's uglier bits of history.

i propose that neocons be prohibited from the final fantasy 14 thread

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Pandemonium 4 is the new best normal raid. really fun mechanics, good aesthetic, lots to do while still being very intuitive

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Fiye posted:

I absolutely hate Dragonsight because I have to macro it to target someone and its like 5 lines of <6> (Other melee), 5 lines of <8> (Caster), and 2 lines of <4> (Dungeons or lucky healer), and a <me> as a "gently caress you this needs to go off"

i have dragon sight bound to middle mouse button, which lets me click someone from the team list and tab back in a single gcd. still a pain in the rear end for add phases and bosses so large you can't tab target them at most camera angles, but it works everywhere else

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there specific spots/areas I need to mine to find EW treasure maps, or is just keep mining random spots until I see one?

just cast your fishing line into outer space like god intended

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Hot take: I’ve never seen a WHM weapon I liked. 89EX’s is just sad.

they got it right in 2.0 with the madman's whispering rod, no need for anything else

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

zenos krile yshtola

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Crackerjack posted:

Well met, adventurer. I see you have spied me going total sick house nasty on those bad guys who wrecked your poo poo in just the previous scene. My name is Mysterious Stranger and I'm certainly not the antagonist from the previous game/expansion, dressed down, and on a quest of atonement, nor also your secret sibling/parent watching over you from afar. Pray, do not follow me onto that foreboding castle where the current villain's number one lackey most assuredly resides. Your level is far too low and my blade thirsts for battle!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

No Dignity posted:

I will say I like boss arenas in ARR not being perfect geometric shapes all the time, there's much more of a sense of place than the abstract combat zones of SB onwards

this started getting phasing out as soon as people figured out a divot next to the kill wall in Twintania's arena could dodge all her divebombs. i doubt any of the encounter designers are in any hurry to bring asymetrical arenas back

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
twice come ruin is in E10S as well for pools that have to be soaked. it's nice as a way to give a bit flexibility by designing harder encounters while still allowing players to clear with a miss or two

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

If I fail a mechanic, get a vuln stack, and then get iced by the next unavoidable raidwide, to me that vuln stack didn't really do anything but delay the inevitable a few seconds.

I don't like it, just kill me

this isn't true, though. dps and healers can survive raidwide hits with two vuln stacks, and tanks can take three or four before being in one shot territory

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
dark's the only tank class i've played and it kicks rear end. it's probably a lot more annoying if you only play it casually, since you can gently caress up mana usage and be unable to cast TBN when you need to. but once you've practiced it it's pretty great

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
any weapon animation that gets removed should be kept around as job-specific emotes. let me ring of thorns you cowards

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

CJ posted:

If the bosses are designed around doing 100 dps and an outlier is doing 120 dps, buffing everyone to that level just makes the game too easy.

this is happening for 6.1, so it'll coincide with the echo being added to asphedelos savage. if job changes happen to make it easier at the same time, well, that just matches up with what their goals were anyway

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Coeurl Marx posted:

So I've been kind of thinking that savage raiding is something I'd like to finally try out in endwalker, and my best friend might be interested in joining me. Pugging through party finder sounds like it'd be an absolutely miserable experience though, how does one go about finding a static (that isn't filled with shitheads)? I know I've seen people looking for them in party finder, and I saw a subreddit dedicated to it, but I figured I'd ask how you all would recommend going about it. I'm sure the fact that I'm in love with playing reaper will really not be doing me any favors.

i found my current static in party finder, and i love them. i also found my previous static in party finder, and i hate them. so 50/50 success rate there

my actual recommendation would be to cast a wide net when you start looking in earnest. Most statics will have a night to try you out and introduce you to the group, and it's okay to decide not to go forward with a group if you find them grating or unpleasant in that time. so party finder, reddit, random FC shouts in limsa or radz at han, I doubt any of them is going to be particularly better or worse for finding other players, you just have to bite the bullet and have standards for whatever group you do end up joining

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

for AOE, is it always a DPS gain to use Toxikon 2 over Dyskrasia 2?

toxikon 2 is 300 for the first target, 150 for each subsequent target. 150 is less than dyskrasia 2's 160, so toxikon 2 will do less damage against packs of more than... 15 creatures hit at once.

so for all intents and purposes, yes it's always a dps gain, but it's a larger dps gain against smaller packs

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Crackerjack posted:

Stay calm, everyone! The Eorzean Civilian Rescue Corps. has arrived.

The only way we're getting through this catastrophe is TOGETHER! To that end, I need everyone who is able, to post their BEST SAGE GLAMOURS in this thread! Everyone else... pray.

*wark*

(Sage has finally clicked with me and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Though I am still having trouble when panic-healing the team back to their feet after we eat a bunch of avoidable mechanics.)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

And true to how fishing should be - that fish is absolutely useless as anything other than a trophy. At least they made that one tradable.

actually false, warden of the seven hues is one of the few fish you can put in an aquarium tank, and it looks great

mine got blown up when my last house was demolished for inactivity, though :negative:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was meaning the fishtank when I said as a trophy - you gotta display your 3.5m gil fish.

ah fair point, when i said that, i was thinking of the other big fish that are at least as difficult to catch as the warden but don't even have a display option

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Playing DRG in final coil was a comedy routine. Every time you jumped in T10 it was up to the server ticks whether or not the lightning puddle killed you

thank god the hippocampus arena is designed so you won't get dropsy during the flooded phase no matter where you jump from

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I wonder; would polishing coils to be manageable for sync'd DR (and in turn, NRR) be worth the dev time, kind of like how they trimmed ARR patch story and added flying to ARR zones?

It's not terribly hard for goons to find someone to carry through for the story, but I imagine John Q. Rando is going to feel less inclined to try to get help through them and miss out on that side-story. It's sort of a weird sore thumb of the game, in a small way.

Like, the way I'm thinking of it would be to almost re do some of the fights entirely to follow the design patterns of modern raids and then just re-label the old versions savage. (With Second Coil Savage becoming Savage+ or something, idk)

surely that effort would be better spent elsewhere, given that the entire raid series can be soloed at max level by now. it's not interfering with anybody's story progress as is, and there's entirely new epic boss battles im sure the design team is preoccupied with now

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

cat beard posted:

After having played dps for multiple savage tiers I'd always thought tanks were hard to come by (I certainly remember waiting on them for ages when my old static was missing one) but now that I play tank with my buddy co-tanking it seems like I'm swimming in tanks. Fun experience regardless, I definitely feel like I'm paying more attention to fight mechanics than I did as dps because I'd only really think about ones directly affecting me/ones I needed to mitigate.

How is P3S to prog in PF if anyone's done it through PF? I remember E11S being mostly fine but I hear all kinds of stuff about how much of a wall P3S is for PF groups (then again I've heard the same about P2S and have had zero issues so far with PF reclears/the clear group we were in was pretty solid).

i've done one lockout of P3S in party finder and it wasn't bad at all. Made it past the add phase a few times and got to practice some mechanics my static hasn't reached yet.

I don't go into savage PF groups expecting more than practice though, the overall dps is invariably too poo poo to make it past enrage even if mechanics are on point

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

Is A12S Slo Warrior only? Paladin is the tank I leveled first but I need those weapons and the mount.

i soloed it on dragoon with a little bit of bloodbath/second wind management. as long as you burn the spinneret that buffs damage of the other one before it uses tankbuster there's very little risk

it's probably safer than trying on tank too since you skip way more mechanics

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Here is my dream dragoon rework. Note that I am a madman so this is a fever dream, or perhaps a nightmare:

• Randomized positionals from HW are back. Chaos thrust and full thrust will proc either wheeling thrust or fang and claw, randomly. You still do the other one after the random one.

you are insane. everything else looks alright though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

So uh

(ex trial spoilers)

I might be the most geared PLD who bothered to go back and parse EXs. I won the chest.

i dont think all the data in fflogs is accounting for the patch buffs yet