Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Happy New Year, goons. Hoping that things actually improve in 2022.

If not, there's at least Elden Ring this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Barudak posted:

Elden Ring has been touched by the cursed one, he of unfinished works and some TV episodes of the Outer Limits.

The base game will come out fine, but the DLC will be scheduled for later this year, but then delayed indefinitely.

Miyazaki will post about some other game he worked on, which will trigger fans awaiting the DLC

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I loving love Wing and in my quest to watch every single main Gundam series, nothing has yet to replace it as my fave. That said, it holds up better than expected but has some rough patches and the middle space parts slow down. Gundam 00 definitely takes and improves some stuff Wing in season 1 so I usually rec it instead.

I'm almost done with ZZ Gundam so that leaves me with 08th MS Team (a rewatch), G-Gundam (a rewatch) G-Reco (haven't seen), AGE (haven't seen), Gubdam X (haven't seen) and Iron Blooded Orphans (need to finish) to complete.

I have a soft spot for Gundam X; I watched it waaaaaay back in the VHS fansub days ( :shepicide: ) and never got to finish it, but it has some of my favorite Gundam designs ever, and that first OP is the poo poo.

Silly Burrito posted:

Watching the Sean Payton movie on Netflix and I’m a little surprised that Sean Payton only wore Saints themed clothing the whole time he was suspended. You’d think he would be able to wear something else but no.

Payton understood branding was important :v:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1493467746880966657?t=Gll1NBgAkg7uwoQRarqylg&s=19

Man all the funny poo poo that happened in the Trump administration that won't see the light of the public eye...

lol christ, I'm mad for that agent

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I feel like they used to be anti-Putin/Russia in particular because of the legacy of the cold war and America's military focus for decades, but Donald Trump's complete opposite view combined with the right's cult of worship of him flipped the script and, with very little cognitive dissonance, suddenly a ton of right-wingers were all-in on Putin instead.

I know this is a couple of pages back, but I just wanted to say that I've seen right-wingers I knew back from high school praise Putin for being a strong leader on social media as far back as the Obama years. It blew my mind at the time, but knowing what we know now about them, it completely tracks

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Where are you?

Gas has been up there for a while, but some independent gas station near me changed ownership about a year ago, and they have been a full 50 cents cheaper than every other gas station in the area since, including another gas station directly across the street. I have no idea how that works, unless they are some sort of money laundering front and don't care about profits or every other gas station on earth is just ripping you off.

Also, got a Jamba Juice that is very poorly blended so the straw keeps clogging, worst day ever.

That's kinda wild; I remember reading a story during the last time gas prices spiked about a gas station selling gas way cheaper than anyone else in their area being forced to close down because gas companies refused to sell them gas. I wonder how long it'll be before that station has the same problem

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Just to add to the Musk stuff:

https://twitter.com/AdvanceSapiens/status/1510947376365670400

I doubt he did it because of the poll, but it helps to sell him to the people that don't know better

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm pushing through ZZ Gundam and the back half is just insane all the way.

I really need to finish watching Z Gundam one of these days so I can finally get around to ZZ Gundam.

lmao

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

IMO the way to pick a baseball team to root for is to figure out if you like the regular commentators that team uses on the tv or radio station you watch or listen to. The game arrives more or less filtered through those people.

:hmmyes:

Team commentators are the best. Like, watching the Hornets is easily the best experience I have watching any sport, and it's because of how good Eric Collins and Dell Curry are

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

This sounds to me like an awareness of obstacles, rather than waffling on intent. He's making an offer, it could be refused; he wants to bring along the maximum number of (nonpublic) investors, that might not happen; there could be regulatory obstacles, etc.

Probably.

It's not going to shut up RWM. I've had to listen to Fox News all day today, and they won't stop talking about how great Elon getting Twitter would be

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

GD_American posted:

Imagine what it'd be like being the public enemy of Christian Twitter for being on video booing him and telling him to shut the gently caress up

Sounds like a great time to me, ngl.

Still, there were clearly people not enjoying it, so I'd have to imagine someone would have complained to a flight attendant about it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

if the florida fascists want to fight the evil mouse corp im certainly not going to complain. if nothing else it means they're not doing more hosed up poo poo to gay people

Bad news there:

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1516773653391806464

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

saintonan posted:

Here's more on the Disney thing. Apparently what the bill actually does is terminate the special districts on June 1, 2023 if the legislature takes no further action. This tells me that once they realize how much money is going to need to be transferred to local authorities (the article goes into that a little bit), the legislature can quietly back out of it after the election and leave everything the way it is now.

Of course. Makes them look tough on the giant woke corporation for midterms while actually meaning nothing, and they can continue their absolutely vile attacks on trans kids. Culture war bullshit. gently caress them.

The only hope for any consequences would be Disney calling them on their bluff and pulling out of Florida, but that doesn't help anyone any time soon even if that long shot happened

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

General Dog posted:

I wonder why "multiverses" have become such a ubiquitous storytelling technique in recent years. Is it speaking to some feeling a number of people may have that we're living in a version of the world that's somehow "wrong", or less desirable than other conceivable realities? Or is it just, "oh neat, this can make my Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake slashfiction a reality!"

To add to the other points, I think that fanfiction (where things like multiverses are common tropes) becoming easily accessible with the internet contributed to this, with a lot of the writers that grew up reading and/or writing that stuff now working in the movie industry and being able to create the stories they enjoyed when they were younger

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Cannot emphasize enough the importance of pairing doomscrolling with even a modicum of action, otherwise you're gonna drive yourself insane. Put a jar on your desk, drop a quarter into it every time something on the internet about current geopolitics makes you mad, and when the jar gets full you send it to your local LGBTQ advocacy group or whatever.

His veto letter is a pretty good and quick read on the matter. Really drives home how much force the American Right is deploying against such a tiny fraction of the population-
https://twitter.com/Chanders/status/1506597715890905091?s=20&t=k2OjWkUpHbvwAZ7TbPOxDA

Yeah, it's loving insane. Kentucky recently passed a bill that banned trans kids from playing in sports, which prevented a trans girl from playing on the field hockey team that she founded. Like in Utah, she's the only trans student athlete in the state.

It's disgusting and there should consequences for these rear end in a top hat politicians, but I'm definitely feeling negative about that happening.

You're right about action. I wouldn't consider myself to be in a good place right now and haven't felt like I can do something, but your idea's a good place to start

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I wonder if they're trying to get rid of them now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Thanks I hate it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

It feels like they took the wrong tone lessons from DS9, trying to be edgy where the lesson DS9 taught was it takes work to maintain your morals when tested rather than Hard Starfleet Makes Hard Decisions is The Way.

Although I do wonder if it's just Avery Brooks doesn't care to come back.

He claimed he was blacklisted by Hollywood a couple of years ago

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I've been thinking about to expect, something about woke media, MAGA, maybe a dig at Biden... but I wouldn't be shocked if one of his first tweets is him announcing that he's shutting TRUTH down

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1518666694125703168?t=_3RtwSz8F5HoK_R7E2-jaw&s=19

Like, I understand why this is dumb and I barely understand technology.

Hey, if his goal is to completely ruin Twitter, then that's a hell of a start

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Intruder posted:

Despite him being an apparently massive piece of poo poo I really do feel bad for Cawthorn in this

e: wasn't he pretty heavily implicated in the Jan 6 poo poo? But no, good ol american homophobia is what brings him down

Yeah, he was. And I agree, that's the frustrating part. All the poo poo that should be bringing him down is being ignored and him maybe not being pure hetero is what's doing it. He's being brought down in the worst way possible.

Really highlights why people like Lindsay Graham stay in the closet

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Can't imagine it will make abortion illegal, based on their justification for overturning it. We'll go back to before when rich people sent their daughters to visit relatives in NY for the summer whenever an oopsie happened.

Yup.

Looking forward to SC copying whatever Texas and Florida do in the wake of this

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I love Survivorman and I totally understand that he retired from it because carrying the filming equipment and doing the walk away establishing shots for B roll was more taxing on him than he expected.

Bear Grylls got nothing on Les Stroud.

I doubt Stroud'd ever want to come back for just for this, but I'd imagine having a drone around these days for establishing shots would save him some time and energy. But really, you're probably better off with a camera crew for survival shows, just to keep the survivalist from wasting energy lugging camera equipment around, and for safety reasons in the event an accident happens

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Can't wait to hear about how cancel culture's responsible for this one!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Glad I was a GDI if that's the case. But that will get used against him too if they admit it, the cousin bit.

I mean I'm glad so see him crash and burn but once again I wish it was for lying about absolutely everything, being an open fan of Hitler, any view he's ever espoused, etc, etc.

Yeah, same

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eminem just aged himself 50 years

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Sounds like he's writing a book about it, too:

https://twitter.com/ben_mckenzie/status/1524550387461767169

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

it'll never stop being funny that marvels like, yea in lieu of coherent plotlines and character development you should just watch more of our in universe poo poo then it'll sort of make sense and if it doesnt then google the comic book plots

im astonished that people havent burned out on comic book movies yet. they're way less awesome than the giant military war epics we got in the 90s but seem to be lasting even longer

The irony of comic book movies developing the same problem as actual comic books will never not be funny to me

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1526741108847366144?t=4Dgrgjpyok1hSUL86_atkA&s=19

He never really wanted to buy Twitter but Twitter basically not giving him a route to not pay a billion dollars to get outta the deal given his Tesla stock downturn, his crypto crashing and his Twitter shares already losing $15/share of value off his offer price is all very funny

Once again, Robert is absolutely correct

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Guze posted:

I just assume these courts will do the worst thing possible because they're insane ghouls

:same:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Fine, low key best 90s sitcom.

Edit: actually no, the first fourish seasons are the best and "The 90s" as a cultural concept didn't really start until late 91, early 92, so most of the best of Roseanne is firmly in the 80s.

Out of curiosity, is the reboot/continuation any good? I keep being tempted to watch it because of how much I love OG Roseanne

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

On the contrary, I think most everyone expects him to die before the next book is released at this point.

Yeah, this isn't a Kentaro Miura/Berserk situation where it'll be sudden and shocking, it's going to be everyone going "welp, knew that was coming."

Although if Elden Ring ends up being the last thing GRRM works on, it won't be a bad note to go out on (even if his contribution to it was minor at best)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

If my understanding is correct, if Berserk is finished forever (as in, Miura's assistants won't finish whatever remains) no one will ever be able to top that cliffhanger of an ending jfc

Yeah.

I'm deeply conflicted on whether or not Berserk should be finished by anyone else. Even if Miura had a detailed plan, it would just be so jarring to see anyone else doing art; there's only a handful of people on the level of Miura, and I wouldn't want them killing themselves over it either

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

There's a part of me that thinks a western prestige channel or stream service will get rights for a remake now that Miura's dead. I'm probably wrong but still, I can see someone at least tossing it out as an idea.

Honestly, I don't hate the idea

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
My only hope for Steph Curry is that he decides it's time to come home and play for Charlotte.

C'mon Steph, give your dad an excuse to talk about you all season long

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Everyone, don't worry, the important accounts are weighing in:

https://twitter.com/TheOvalPawffice/status/1529328258176561153

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

That’s incredibly sad and honestly impressive all at once.

Yeah, gently caress. I don't know if I would thought of that now, much less at that age. That poor kid

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I mean, he's not wrong; his apology would be worth exactly jack and poo poo to any parent affected.

seiferguy posted:

I'm really fuckin sick at the idea that we spent the summer of 2020 protesting police to defund them because of how useless they are only for 2021 for them to be refunded, and now in 2022 we are once again reminded that they are worthless.

One of my local city council members announced allocating city money hiring fund to get more police officers for our city the day after the shooting. Just absolute garbage trash leadership from the national to the local level on this stuff.

Our leaders are literally incapable of learning lessons at this point

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Guze posted:

Its was several parents that risked their lives

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status...ingawful.com%2F

If I was one of the parents that was restrained by the pigs, I can't imagine what hearing about this would do to me. Especially if I lost my child in the shooting.

Do we know if that happened to any of the parents that were restrained?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Option B: Everyone Half of the officers involved get some kind of harsh punishment... and then we've "solved" the whole incompetent/cowardly cops problem and it never gets brought up ever again. No, hey why are you guys still bringing it up remember those guys got punished?

Tbh, I'd be surprised if even half of the officers involved were punished