Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So the demonic villains were the heroes who saved them? Every world controlling org had their power based in banners in some random prison? Mysteriously zombified America left to die by child mulching hover pickup? How long has Sinfest been this comprehensively internally incoherent

Also 2021 is still holding the wrong leg lol, just goes to how much the US favors its right

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ScienceSeagull posted:

What's with the references to the Large Hadron Collider (CERN) and the Man From Taured?
https://obscurban-legend.fandom.com/wiki/The_Man_from_Taured

Is it just because I'm not awake, or does Sinfest make no drat sense?

I've only been reading this thread a couple months now and I'm starting to realize that no further amount of exposure or context is going to create a moment where Sinfest starts making sense.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can't believe I just laughed at a Mallard Fillmore comic. What's the atonement for this? We're working without a precedent here

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I spent 15 years in fast food and one of my favorite things to do throughout was laugh in the face of anybody who predicted my job was going to be automated away. Absolute morons with no conception of how either actual labor or technology works lmao

Now that we are in the point where the industry either has to pay more or go full in on robots I get to laugh even harder.

I'd put good money on political cartooning being more likely to get automated. Every strip is 99% the same as every other and the text a constant font

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What the gently caress did Buckhead do lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Every time I check in on the desert cartoon it's always basically a carbon copy of whichever one I saw last week. Whatever happens in those things must move at a glacial pace, the DBZ of politoons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wait, is that Nordstream 2 or a tank barrel? the latter is obviously more likely but like, is that how they think tank barrels work?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That is...wh...is he...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not very happy that Branco is holding off on whether or not Biden having his pants around his ankles is going to be a visual metaphor going forward or not

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lol I thought the TERF battle was real for a second and got very, very confused

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The general theme of the last few days of the Canadian Freedom Patriot Trucker Business Lover Owners Freedom Heroes getting completely loving shithoused by soyboy cops covered in maple syrup has been pretty entertaining lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wait I thought The Great Reset stuff started when that Davos guy said out loud that the goal is to turn everybody into renters of all things and consolidating the ownership class, something people like Garrison and the right wingers are all on board with. I guess it's morphed into generic Elders of Zion stuff now? Why is Putin being praised here for gumming up the machine from ending the reset, is Garrison pro-reset after all?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Didn't Mnuchin almost certainly gently caress his wife on a pile of gold bars during a solar eclipse at Fort Knox

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

But Marx wasn't...he was born in....aahhh my head

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

The official quoted in the Tampa Bay Times said it was because Marx “invokes strong and painful memories of Soviet domination and oppression”, not because he was Russian. It's not 100% clear that the name was taken off the room because of the invasion or Russia at all, even though that's what an official claimed after the fact. The actual explanation may be a different brand of stupid; it turns out the Breitbart circuit of media, as well as a proxy for the Republican Party started attacking the room name using the general "Lefty college promotes communism" line of attack just before the name came down.

This makes a lot more sense, shame they gave in to the crybaby circus but it's not actually surprising at all. Not sure who is being oppressed by the USSR anymore, but nobody who matters is gonna get mad at a move like this so probably they just did it to avoid a fight.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nenonen posted:

"This is SwampMonsters.news - news by swamp monsters, for swamp monsters. We are America's #1 Swamp Monster news source!"

Finally, a space online where I can conspire with my fellow deep state agents to overthrow God and Democracy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

kartikeya posted:

You know what this Prickly City 'storyline' makes me think of, more than anything? A show without any kind of budget, like those sitcoms where they'd leave the main set, then come back saying things like "wow that party was wild!" or "you should have seen the big game!", except this is a cartoon strip where they could draw anything they want, they're just too lazy, and too afraid of saying anything that might be mistaken for an opinion. Do we see anything about the election? No, of course not, but it's a nailbiter trust us.

I, too, often find myself reminded of something whenever these lazy storylines get dragged out in PC, to whit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've gotta say, Jesus With Missile Launcher telling everybody that Easter is on hold until he kills enough people is deeply psychotic in the most exactly perfect way to represent lot of evangelicals I've known

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

There’s tomes written about forcing queer people to assimilate into our capitalist, heteronormative society, so it’s not an invalid topic.

The problem is that it has the tone of someone grousing that their favorite band sold out.

As with much of his stuff, it feels like he sat near two people discussing this at a bar and decided that since they didn't want to hear what he had to say about it, now we've all gotta hear it

edit - "we" here being this thread because I'm pretty sure 90% of the eyeballs that see half these cartoons see them here

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, you loving numbskull, Elon Musk isn't doing any of those things himself with his bare hands, the people under him are the ones actually making it happen.

It's so loving weird to have the most basic understanding of "billionaires need their employees to make their wealth" and then see people treat that idea as heresy.

He is not, in fact, doing any of those things at all

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Starting to lose sight of who exactly Hunny Bunny is supposed to be a stand in for

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the_steve posted:

Yeah, you can tell by the eyes. Kevin's are mainly black, Hunny Bunny has blue eyes.
And oh god why do I know this, why can't I retain useful information? :negative:

You - "What's a 'Hunny Bunny'?"

Encyclopedia - "Your mangled brain would like you to know that Hunny Bunny has blue eyes and thus is not the anti-christ, she is not strictly speaking a Hillary stand-in and it's quite complicated"

You - "Yeah? Any news on where this plotline is going or just what the gently caress Stantis is talking about?"

Encyclopedia - "Nope. You're welcome."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Somfin posted:

Dang that hunting rifle just straight up turns into a shotgun when fired huh

It was a shotgun from the start based on the shell ejected, I guess the woke illuminati uses...explosive slugs? Or the sobbing woke libs shrug off buckshot like so much rain?

cant cook creole bream posted:

I gotta admit that little bird is drawn really cutely. Look how much he enjoys spewing hate speech. He just loves undermining democracy. :kimchi: You go little buddy, profit from exacerbating racism!

Is any of that stuff it's saying actually banned or is it just a stand-in for what they REALLY want to say without repercussion or people dogpiling them for being a huge piece of poo poo?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

It's both a semi-auto sport shotgun

and a scoped tube fed hunting rifle

within the space of a second.

Probably because the big government illuminati agents don't know about the shoulder thing that goes up. Or Ishida doesn't bother checking his own work.

You can swap out a smoothbore barrel with a rifled one and use slugs designed for them on a shotgun and most have mounts for scopes. I mean like you say this is leagues beyond the effort Ishida actually put into making this all coherent

It's a setup I personally have on my mav but I've got my doubts as to whether or not it's super effective against the concept of free speech, which to be fair I've not actually ever tried

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dubar posted:

Being angry at things you don't understand is like the centaur tenet of conservatism, and I'm just gonna leave that autocomplete intact.

Yeah, Varvel was the cartoonist for my local paper awhile back and it is absolutely the case that he used one of his own bulbs as a reference and he genuinely believes it's an incandescent because he doesn't understand the faintest bit about what he's talking about. The Centaurs of Conservatism are indeed not much interested in nuance or rigor.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Imagine drawing that and not feeling scummy, like scum

Isn't this the guy who lovingly drew Assad gassing his own people like he was a hero for doing so, or did I fall for that being an edit?

Why's he even feel the need to claim it wasn't the IDF that shot her? Like they themselves haven't even stated as much as far as I've seen and they literally just raided her funeral. Kirschen's a real POS out loud whenever it's a day he can't just copy+paste a drawing of himself dancing because it's a holiday

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

He drew one of Assad as a fumigator, but we didn't settle on the intention of it, which could be read as "a thing happened," an endorsement, or critical (after all, Assad's not in the IDF).

edit:

Oh yeah that's the one, it's probably not intellectually honest of me but I default to whatever the worst possible interpretation could be with this guy because, well, how often would I be wrong in doing so

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Islamic Shock posted:

It's also pretty funny how he can't go too off the rails because if he posted something utterly career-ending like "boy I sure do hate those n*****s" or some poo poo his Tesla/SpaceX stock and therefore net worth would completely tank. So he's approaching it by posting poo poo designed to piss off Twitter specifically rather than the general public.

Edit: if I understand correctly, billionaires generally operate by taking on debt by using their shares as collateral, then getting a better ROI than whatever the interest rate is, so he can't afford to be hated.

He can do whatever he wants, who's gonna stop him? He's the 2nd richest man in the world, he could blow up an orphanage on live TV and the response from the systems involved that are nominally charged with preventing this hypothetical would be to ensure it doesn't hurt anybody's bottom line because anything that can be leveraged against him can be leveraged against any of them. People would be mad about him online for like a week and then the world would forget about it because nobody's gonna actually look into it or go hard against him except the loony lefties and their podcast press.

But yes people like him aren't very liquid on paper which they will happily tell you, and yet they never seem to be short on money whenever they want another solid gold yacht.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

J.A.B.C. posted:

I didn't see it in the OP, but can I post Eli Valley in here? He is a political cartoonist with a unique style, but he doesn't get a lot of syndication and I didn't want to post without checking first.

(Also he tends to get graphic with some comics, and I will black-bar any overly offending parts if needed.)

I'm not aware of any rule against Valley, it's just Day by Day as far as I remember. If I'm wrong here I shall eat the time in catjail in your stead

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's probably the most restrained and tasteful Valley drawing I've ever seen.

This was my first thought as well. My second thought was that adding censor bars to it would actually make it seem way more obscene than it actually is and would therefore be very funny

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Islamic Shock posted:

You might be right in that it wouldn't affect him much materially (dude probably has more than enough squirreled away in Panama), but being that rich gives people the "number must go up" kind of brain-worms and I think number going down by 50% for a week would give him four simultaneous heart attacks. Yes the media would be working overtime to let everyone know those orphans were certainly no angels, but in the age of the Internet there's only so much damage control they can do.

I'm not disagreeing with you here in general, but imho Musk is in the tier of the Pillowguy when it comes to brainworms, where predicting anything is a fraught endeavor indeed because you're having to try to both predict what the rich guy brainworms do while also factoring in what all the other brainworms they have will do

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bismuth posted:

There should be a category for least recognizable drawing of a human

Do we really need more categories that go to Rall by default? He's already got the Dali-style geometry one

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

What?

I'm genuinely confused. Democrats are making fossil fuels more expensive and that's slowly cooking America? But electric vehicles aren't boiling?

Is this one of those things where it only makes sense if you think that electric vehicles are inherently bad?

Seems pretty clear to me, Lester seems to recognize that the fundamental issue at play here is that the status quo of scores of millions of any type of automobile being manufactured yearly to be deployed to cities and communities built entirely and exclusively with automobile transport in mind isn't sustainable in itself, and moving to EVs just represents the death throes of the present order. The Dems are acting as good far left revolutionaries by forcing the contradiction to a head so it may be resolved before it is allowed to fester to a point where it cannot be fixed without killing the host.

I mean surely the alternative interpretation - that EVs aren't any better for unspecified reasons, thus Biden should twist the GAS PRICE dial back from $ to $ and thus fixing everything - can't be right, that'd be a kindergartener's view of the world and Lester is a serious political thinker

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

moonmazed posted:

they're always dressed as handmaids because ishida is signifier-becoming-signified.png

Actually I think you'll find that it's because Ishida has dogshit where you'd normally expect a brain to be

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's the Colonel, he's even got the same tie. Uncle Sam proper has always had a Fox News Former Liberal-tier bow tie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Ya gotta give me the... nose fangs?

Allergy season, if you get it you get it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

The marching orders seem to be complaining that members of the jury included some DNC donors and “possibly” “up to three” donors to Hilary herself.

Sooooo maybe a Branco with the jury filled with angry donkeys yelling Not Guilty at a frowning Durham or something. Maybe the judge is Obama or at least has the stupid H symbol.

5/26/2022

Close enough

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man whole lot of old man yells at cloud comics all of a sudden

Korthal posted:

I'm a little late but can someone explain the guy in the Hug Me shirt?

Merely being large and powerful isn't enough for simple Yeti to strike fear into the heart of men anymore (thanks video games!), now they have to add an unsettling element to get the same response

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Angepain posted:

There was this one recently which was the most directly transphobic I think I've seen him be so far

I think that may be the worst drawing of a gun I've ever seen in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Skeleton Mom posted:

oh ishida is just ben garrison now, that's kind of boring

Yeah this was my take, even his brainworms are regressing to the right wing mean. Any sports franchise that goes with The <city> Lady Dicks though is gonna be able to fund their entire operations from merch sales alone tho