Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1373408809671143428/pu/vid/720x896/Mlo1EUEt33kb2Vuo.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Insanite posted:

welp, wife’s rapid test is positive

I have a sore throat

:(

why not enjoy a dinner at Applebee's while you wait for the PCR test results

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
just got a shipment notification on the case of 9211s i ordered from RS Hughes back in January

good thing i had money in my account lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Anyone posted this yet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ahandvanish/status/1511080124426432518

2% is a bit higher than the expected 1% lmao

learn to live, with covid

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

So the humongous box of masks I bought at the beginning of the pandemic is finally looking a little low. Any place got really good deals on Auras at the moment? I haven't had to restock since March 2020 so I've never tried them and want to know why they're the hotness.

i just got 5 boxes of 9211s (vented auras) delivered from RS Hughes today. they also have the 9205s at $1.23 each

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Have you tried them on yet?
I find them smaller/tighter than my 9210+s, so do a few other folks who have pepsi challenged them - but IDK if that just my lot.

hmmm, yeah they do feel a bit tighter than the 9205+s i have. i tried to stretch the elastics out, but they're fairly resilient it seems. not sure if i can withstand a 10hr shift with them... guess I'll find out

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
guy i work with told me he was out the last two days with "stomach flu" or "food poisoning" so bad that he fell asleep on his bathroom floor.
lady i work with was told me yesterday that her niece has covid, but she wasn't in the same room with her for more than a few minutes. today three more people in her family tested positive.
at least it's friday on my planet.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not too long ago my boss invited me out to a restaurant and got real defensive when I went "LMAO there's a pandemic on my dude, that's a big nope from me." He's currently posting about the lovely meal he had with one of his other employees last night and waxing poetic about the theatre show he saw afterwards.
Did I mention that he's 80 years old and just before the pandemic he had a whole bunch of medical issues such as melanoma and a mystery respiratory issue which lasted for several years?

maybe he wants to die. i might if i ever made it to 80 (lmao)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
had a couple different reactions to still wearing a mask in these post-covid times today

neighborhood corner store: lots of attitude from the clerk who turned super tense when he saw me lol
my regular pizza spot (which unfortunately but understandably opened for dine-in for the first time a few weeks ago): the kitchen threw in a free loaf of sourdough, "we appreciate you dude"

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

How are we doing with COVID Wastewater?

Top 25 Sites for COVID Wastewater (More found than ever before)

1. Monroe County, NY
2. Cook County, IL
3. Mchenry County, IL
4. Cook County, IL
5. Chittenden County, VT
6. NYC
7. Orange County, NY
8. NYC
9. Cumberland County, Maine
10. Miami

i'm in danger. rip

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
pretty sure i have covid for the first time. lol, lmao, rip, etc

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
gently caress da CDC. i have covid

never remove your mask

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Soap Scum posted:

poo poo. https://www.findcovidcare.com and get paxlovid asap if you can. every bit helps.

thanks, doing this now. probably too late to matter since I've likely had it since Sunday, but i still feel like poo poo so why not

gonna get some OG sudafed too

Tzen posted:

saw your post earlier but lost it before i could quote, so here we are
best of luck, life is a gently caress, :rip:

thanks. near 100% chance i got it by stupidly taking my mask off to have some water at work during one of the brutal 10-12 hr shifts i had last week

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Beside if you want something that really does work against Covid that is over the counter, just get loads of CBD gummies.

hmm, I'm laying in bed dying but I've only got thc gummies within reach

worth a shot i guess

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i used that paxlovid hookup posted earlier (truepill) and I've been denied. lol guess I'll die

glad they got my $29

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Soap Scum posted:

ugh, gently caress. someone else posted another call plushcare. there might be other options, i don't know much beyond this. who the gently caress knows. sorry though :( that's so loving stupid and i'm livid for you that the situation is so stupid

i called em up and had a nice chat with a woman who was possibly higher than me and laughing at pretty much everything i said including just fuckin losing it as we said goodbye, still laughing when the line disconnected. she told me I didn't check the right comorbidity boxes and the provider determined i didn't need antiviral treatment but still took my $29 lol

might try the other one and say I'm fat as gently caress even though I'm currently at my lowest weight since i was like 14 (thanks covid, couldn't have done it without you). this is when i regret not having a PCP or becoming rich

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm now wondering if i got covid waking the trail next to the water treatment plant. it's possible, my high/covid brain says

i went for a sunrise walk there on Saturday morning and saw great blue herons walking the polluted beach

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
hahahaha i can barely taste anything this morning

love to get brain damaged at work!!!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Rick posted:

I'm sorry Stevie Lee it loving blows that happened to you.

thx. it's weird, i woke up this morning and thought i felt better since i wasn't aching all over like the last couple days, but i guess covid decided my brain is a better target today. currently fighting the urge to go walk a nature trail by telling myself not to infect the deer

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Bathtub Cheese posted:

You've gotta get one with a big American flag, Bald Eagle, or skull so they know you're on their team

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
check out this fuckin raven i saw last week

i have since acquired covid, hmm

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
having no taste/smell is so loving weird and frustrating. drinking some cranberry juice right now and i can sense the tartness but nothing else

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah you can resume your sucking and loving.

tell her cspam says it's okay

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i can taste again! I'm gonna eat so much trash today lmao

still testing positive on a rapid test, though. rip

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i just got cleared to return to work on Wednesday after kicking covids rear end

(still testing positive lol)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

nice, congrats! way to kick its rear end

oh :whitewater: uh, not nice? how ya feeling?

I'm at like 90% normal. my ability to smell and taste started to come back yesterday afternoon and now I'm just trying to cough up the rest of whatever's still in there. tiny bit of congestion left too. I'm about to go take a walk to test my lungs, hopefully i didn't sustain any damage

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

i wish....

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
spotify recommended this to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIT1I5oR08s
wu-tang is for the children

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
paXLovid

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

maybe the Iranians will save us with an intranasal vaccine
Safety and Efficacy of Combined Intramuscular/Intranasal RAZI-COV PARS Vaccine Candidate Against SARS-CoV-2: A Preclinical Study in Several Animal Models

quote:

The most important issue that has been neglected in previous vaccines is the lack of stimulation of the immune system against the virus in the upper respiratory tract (URT). RAZI-COV PARS candidate vaccine with the intranasal spray (third dose) was able to induce high levels of IgA antibody that largely compensate for this defect. We were also able to detect IgA antibodies in URT which are considered a major barrier against viral infection by impeding viral shedding, limiting the degree of spread and level of pathology (65). It is important to note that IgA antibodies are associated with the expansion of the IgA plasmablasts with mucosal homing characteristics and manage the early response against specific antigens of SARS-CoV-2 in the serum, saliva, and bronchoalveolar lavage fluids. IgA concentrations in the saliva and serum peaked after the administration of the third dose of the intranasal vaccine but persisted for several more months in the saliva and serum.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the local "communist" vietnamese takeout spot just dropped their mask policy in july 2022, so i might have to start cooking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

Wasn't some dumbass chud on TV talking about how paxlovid rebounds were like 1% of cases just last week?

yeah:

bad boys for life posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/as-more-people-report-covid-rebounds-after-paxlovid-experts-insist-cases-are-rare.html

Guys dont panic, this never happens, listen to Fauci!

quote:

When you look at the studies, it generally does not occur very often,” Fauci, who directs the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and is President Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser, said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” But he noted that there have been “anecdotal cases” that suggest rebounds are more common now than they were in clinical trials.

Biden is obviously an anecdotal case.