Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I reminded several people about this and they had no recollection of it. Google returns almost nothing but local news stations. YouTube isn't in a hurry to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Eric Adams wants to receive his first Covid infection in Bitcoin

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"It was your own fault for not installing plexiglass to stop the droplets. Now, it's your fault for not installing a completely new ventilation system in every building you use."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Paradoxish posted:

What the gently caress happened in Sweden

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/120411-crazy-swedes-the-thing

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Iron Crowned posted:

The talking point I still hear is that it'll become the flu and you just have to get a shot every year.

"have to"

is the flu shot mandatory anywhere?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Huh. My coworker has the sniffles again.

Now he's going to the Covid testing site a couple buildings over. Masks are 99% gone as of this week. Huh. Hmm. Well.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My work buddy went home early today because he wasn't feeling well. He had Covid just a couple months back. His 95 year old father recently survived a hospitalization with Covid. How long will luck last?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I hate these people.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ran into my work buddy at McDonald's this morning. He felt so sick on Monday, he had to go home. Said he could barely stand up and stay awake. Says he's feeling better now. I guess he didn't think wearing a mask to McDonald's would be worthwhile. Can't spread Covid right after you had it again, right?

I still wear at least the KN94.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

NeonPunk posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RadioIowa/status/1509990155851112457

Probably nothing to worry about. It's literally just the flu.

"Is that your flu, Mr. President?"

"It's a flu."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Imagine a social media network populated by the people who died from covid + their families who aren't in denial

Facebook of the Dead?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The BA.2 wave predicted to start right about now. My partner and coworkers refusing to even think about returning to caution. Air travel plans coming up. And the college kids have brought back their annual neighborhood-wide block party tradition.

All signs point to my finally getting the 'vid. I wish I was delusional like the idiots who still believe "Well it's good to catch it, after that you're immune forever, like chicken pox." Then I'd have something to look forward to.

Oh well.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/30/well/live/ba2-omicron-covid.html?referringSource=articleShare

lmfao at each of these seven suggestions

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I like how the only in-person activity NPR's brunchlib wfh cartoonist can think of is yoga.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
America had another mass shooting today and it isn't even news. Probably because it's likely a gang thing, so the collective response from white American media consumers is "Oh, doesn't matter to me, then."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The Tiananmen Square massacre but instead of the Western world saying "This is a tragedy," they celebrate because HOORAY, CHINA HAS LEARNED TO LIVE WITH THE VIRUS

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"We must learn to live with the man-eating shark. That little Kintner boy had a comorbidity: a rare genetic condition that made him taste like a harbor seal. We need those summer dollars. Amity, as you know, means endemic. Applebee's will only be closed for 24 hours."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
A Seattle friend told me his whole family visited a couple weeks ago. This week, they all say they've got Covid. Weird. Is it contagious or something?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

looking forward to the white house saying this was merely a moral statement and not a policy one

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
referring to "the old man" will confuse people too

they thought i was talking about Father Time or God or something lmao

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gunshow Poophole posted:

seriously, i live up the hudson valley about 90 miles, my boss and his brother in law are both sick from COVID since two weeks ago

greetings from inside the wave, everyone

I am flying to that area tomorrow. :sludgepal:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
been a while since anyone famous/important died of covid

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pryor on Fire posted:

I think I already made this joke but just imagine the pressure on that lib RBG couple who are now married. You merked a lib hero and lost a supreme court seat for like 60 years, better not gently caress up and get a divorce EVER

they don't give a flying gently caress, op

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
half these guys are dead, great guys, rip, love da mets

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I might not have to risk catching Covid at an airport at all. Jetblue is canceling flights left and right.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lmao, jetblue is merging with spirit

soon we will have the poo poo rear end pet fuckers of airlines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEkjo5Imic

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I’m assuming you didn’t make it out here? lol probly for the best we’re floating away today, gotten probably 3 inches of rain since this morning and it is not stopping

yeah, flight got cancelled but i really dont think it's because of the weather. planes can land in the rain. bit harder when flight crews just aren't available. there's innumerable stories on twitter right now about customer service just failing on every platform, internet, phone, etc. nobody's even manning the desks at the airports.

and now my partner's crying because i was able to fix the car rental pickup time by clicking an obscure button she couldn't find. i'm sure this trip will go fantastically when we get on a different flight tomorrow. :(

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

NeonPunk posted:

Oh poo poo! I haven't really paid attention to the calendar but Easter is next week Sunday. Lmao as cases are starting to climb and seed everywhere, that's the perfect opportunity for it to really explode lol

Yes, Lent will finally be over. My horrible experiment in sobriety can come to an end. Thank you, Jesus.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Flying for the first time since 2019. All good so far. No crazies, no idiots. People unmasking to snack on the plane, of course, but I guess we'll never get the majority of people to understand how foolish and unnecessary that is.

Meanwhile, my brother went to a bachelor party in Vegas where everybody got Covid. Everybody but him, miraculously. He just has a bad cold, you see. :allears:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I know. I know. :(

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Covid doesn't exist at this bougie wedding I forgot to bring a tie to. Food's good, at least.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Grocery store did not have carrots. Never seen that before in my life.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
yes i prefer the real schematics of star wars vehicles

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

HoAssHo posted:

I will forever be baffled that it never occurred to the Trump administration or anyone else in power to try to appeal to our patriotism by framing as a fight against a common enemy. How did Trump not think to try to turn this into his Pearl Harbor moment or something? It's so weird.

Repub voters are against science generally
You can't bomb a virus
Changing my daily routine in any way? Globalist transgender communism.
I am strong, only the weak worry about Kung Flu
White Jesus will protect us
Fauci is a liberal
Hopefully it will kill all the libs in the coastal cities where it's coming in (this was Trump's actual rationale at one point)

And of course, old reliable, "Well, it won't happen to me."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rhesus Pieces posted:

yeah getting a lot of "out sick with stuff that sounds like covid but isn't trust me" at my work too

every dude that attended my brother's best friend's bachelor party got covid.

my brother is sick as hell. but he tested negative. his conclusion? there is plenty of data that shows the rapid at-home tests have serious accuracy problems it's not covid

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
May 13, 2021

“Idiot in Hummer filled 5 gas cans expecting shortages. Put them in his car and lit up a cigarette. Hummer destroyed. Swipe to see gas cans.”

“Israel rejects Hamas truce offer; ministers vote to intensify Gaza strikes”

“India's Home Minister Amit Shah has disappeared into hiding since the second wave of Covid hit”

The CDC will announce that Americans who are fully vaccinated against Covid no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in almost all circumstances.” In tiny small print they'll mention you should still avoid crowded areas, but this will be ignored. Chuds and Brunch Liberals have declared Covid is over.

“Negotiations on police reform have stalled after Jim Clyburn went on the Sunday shows and claimed that qualified immunity reforms, the core part of the bill and the priority of Dem negotiators, weren't needed, stunningly undercutting his own caucus.”

“Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to pardon anyone charged for defying Covid rules”

Seven fully vaccinated staff members for the Yankees test positive for Covid.

“Senators Joni Ernst and Susan Collins pull off their masks and yell 'FREEDOM' as they step off elevator on second floor after CDC guidance on indoor mask-wearing.” Nerds.

“report: Israeli military expects order to end op. In light of situation inside Green Line, which 'top defense officials' say pose equal 'security threat'

'Violence inside Israel may force Israel to reconsider' rejection of ceasefire talks”

“Over 10,000 Colombians are occupying the Plaza de Bolivar in Bogota, demanding justice for the dozens of protesters gunned down by the US-backed narco-regime of Ivan Duque and their paramilitary forces.”

“Riot cops in Bogota just tear gassed the entire Plaza de Bolivar and have shut down every street corner around the Congress building for at least five blocks. Cops on motorcycles & in armored vehicles are everywhere. Breathing is extremely difficult.”

The judge who struck down the eviction moratorium lives in a $3 million, 6,900 square foot house with 6 bedrooms, 6.5 baths, cathedral ceilings and 2 kitchens.

President Biden today: “The rule is now simple: get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do. The choice is yours.”

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
now that we've reached "endemic means it will still kill lots of people" i have to wonder what the next phrase that pays is

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I don't know if they've stopped manufacturing them or if we've lost our connection to buy them, but we can no longer obtain biodegradable bags for food waste. We're instructing customers to just throw that poo poo straight in the un-lined bins, which means our custodians need extra time to wash all of those each day. No idea why we can't line them with regular plastic bags.

Where'd all those headlines about random supply chain fuckups go? This poo poo is still happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Atrocious Joe posted:

i saw some post by a rando last week which was basically: I realize my life will be shorter and worse because of repeated COVID infections, so I'm prioritizing going out and having new experiences with the time I now have

new experiences, such as:

going to applebees

seeing a spider-man movie

visiting the in-laws