Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i like that now elon is probably hosed either way now and even if he gets twitter, it will be such a unproductive shithole that everyone with any clout will jump ship. hell trump isnt even bitting since he made his own rusty copium needle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Please let this be true

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1586883874122264576

NOPE but the fairy gave you a better gift.

Blue checks arent meant to be status symbols. They’re supposed to be a guarantee that the person is A REAL PERSON. THATS THE POINT This kills the site and thus 90% of the entire point of using the site at all

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 31, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he really is one of those dumb asses who tries to make a rube goldberg up and subscription plan everything he does.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

buglord posted:

It’s still really hard not to see this as some 5th dimensional chess move because I refuse to believe someone could act this stupidly.

But maybe Musk doesn’t actually care about the money as much as he needs some sort of validation/win and even if it means taking a huge loss in Twitter, as long as he can save face and get some positive mainstream news articles about letting go of it, that’ll be enough?

he won't get it though. same with trump, sure he also has chuds who will lick every fleck of poo poo off of musks rear end but musk doesnt get a THRILL from them, he wants everyone to treat him like they did 10 years ago, like irl tony stark. instead he is a joke to tons of folks and only conditionally liked by chuds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pixaal posted:

The day most people stopped seeing him as cool was the day he played Wario on SNL. It was fun to watch in real time as the overall view shifted. He's starting to become Wario to be honest.

yeah. musk is a sociopath and is empty as gently caress and takes big dumb wasteful risks in hopes for feeling flashes of validation. i think he legit thought if he bought twitter then everyone would love him and think he is super cool and he could be quirk main character of twitter but lol reality happened and now he will probably gently caress up so bad that we will probably be seeing straight up illegal poo poo on twitter soon or at least gently caress really gross worse poo poo because musk wanted to thanos snap the company and now the sites immune system is dead. so now he is getting poo poo on and enough of his hosed up sociopath brain doesnt like that so now he is trying to be trump and thinking that the companies need him more then he needs them. now he is playing full dumb poo poo and pissing more away.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 5, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

How the gently caress is running a shitpost site extremely hardcore?

What the gently caress does any of that mean?

basicaly, bend the knee and work awful hours with same pay and constant unpaid time in some vague hope that i can make a buck off this as a change my mind to the whims of whatever moron chud speaks to me last. everyone will quit outside visa holders and lickspittles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if employees want to sabotage twitter can't they just do that remotely

god i hope the world cup kills twitter dead

probably to some degree but that shits probably way more monitored electronicaly then it is at the office. like yeah the companies crashing like the loving Executor but if your gonna gently caress up the company, its better for them to not be able to pin it to a lap top at your house.

i think the world will be a slightly better place without twitter but i will miss the fandoms and weird poo poo. tumblr has some good parts but its fandom poo poo gets super super super gross and toxic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Your home is this forum. Lowtax is your landlord emeritus.

pretty sure that contract ended the second he sold it and topped himself.

this is dumber then trump level poo poo in someways, least trump would have just waddled off or tried to flip it or blame others, this stupid gently caress keeps coming back for more.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tricky Ed posted:

Twitter, the service, isn't likely to stop working in the next few days, or probably weeks. But it died today. Whatever keeps lurching forward isn't going to be built and run by the people who made it what it is. It'll be built and run by the people who aren't happy with what it is and chose to stay after the new boss pulled an atomic seagull power move.

The legal team that protected it and kept it somewhat following laws worldwide is gone. The operations team that kept its software deployed and servers running in datacenters is gone. The teams that found and fixed bugs are gone. The security team is gone. The moderation staff are gone. The ad sales people are gone. The people who ran their staffing and payroll and training are gone.

And even though twitter dot com probably won't get squatted when it comes up for renewal soon, everyone who relies on Twitter is having to consider other options. No one can ever trust the service again. Not advertisers, not news organizations, not media companies, not businesses, not users. Not in the way they did a month ago.

LOL

Yeah, I am seeing a lot of artists and content creators and others posting “hey if this place burns here is my Instagram or discord or whatever” or poo poo similar. It’s the beginning of the end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Seen a lot of journalists with decent followings start asking where's a good place to go.

Always great when you see one get suggested to try mastodon, then like two hours later their like, "ah well, that was confusing as hell, so yeah, no.".

Would be interested to see mastodon user numbers in a few weeks and see how many people will migrate there.
I sure as hell have seen a lot people bounce right off it, but I'm sure they'll be picking up a few.

Edit: oh just read the above posts. Yeah probably a good thing journalists aren't having much luck with it then.

yeah, it won't crash right away probably, but i am sorta reminded what happened to neogaf. it had a ton of issues already and then the owner got outed as massive sex monster and a majority of the site left, the owned dropped alot of the protections then and let it become a shittier something awful with chuds and poo poo. its still around but its pretty depopulated.

youcallthatatwist posted:

This is the correct take.

Twitter almost certainly isn't going to explode tomorrow or the day after etc etc (although I'm still rooting for the brazilians and their immense posting power on sunday.) But this has kicked just about everyone I know who uses the platform to start building the infrastructure they'll eventually use to leave it entirely. Like if loving dril, the mascot of the entire goddamn site, is posting his find me here links, there's no way the userbase and reputation can ever recover.

https://twitter.com/garius/status/1588115310124539904

LMAO

yep, most of the artists and creators i know are doing that now, fun times ahead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ijyt posted:

This is late as gently caress but as much as I agree at the general "lol twitter" sentiment, I had also ended up in a very welcoming and warm community, through which I ended up meeting my partner. I really feel for the people that had a cosy niche in the hellsite and if it crashes and burns I'll miss the memories and community. gently caress Elon, honestly.

Same. A lot of the people I follow and find funny or buy from will still be on it as the ship sinks or goes into the warp or whatever. I have a couple discords I live on and gbs so I will be fine but it’s sad.

Lol he sounds like my chud uncle now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

:fuckoff:

I see why he bought Twitter to spew his increasingly inane and disgusting opinions at everyone, otherwise there would be a resounding chorus of "Shut the gently caress up", and Il Douchbag can't take criticism to his fee-fees

I feel like we are full Mask off at this point. He's not even trying to cover up his Apartheid baby opinions.

That site needs to die

i mean it will and it won't. my guess is what happens is he lets every possible nazi on and then does nothing when more and more hosed up poo poo happens, big money will pull out or limit there pressense and ton and it will slowly implode, only morons and uber chuds will take the jobs and they won't be able to fix the issues and or make them worse.

yeah, its clear musk will take shots at banning lefties and progresives when possible but is enough of a coward that he will probably walk back on alot of them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i mean its a more academic way of saying "shitposting skill can't be bought, its natural talent, dril has it and elon doesn't".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

David Sarif had an iconic, slightly whiny voice. It fits.

Come ooooonnn Adam we just need to be more hardcore about this

david sarif voice actor had a massive mental break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2WIFTm7n4

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

IIRC it's also the deus ex game where you have to stop the anti mecha-apartheid terrorists (the bad ones that go too far!!!). The game literally describes it in these words.

:thunk:

I think maybe the illuminati were egging them on as a false flag or something.

the illuminattie is at war with itself and trying to cover up a big gently caress up from HR so they are trying to flush mechanical augs in favor of more concealed poo poo amongst other poo poo. part of the big issue with mankind divided is its the literal first act of a much bigger game that square enix(the publisher) cut up into thirds because human revolution didnt make cod 4 money. they then sold the dev and the IP(the dev owns the IP) to make more NFT money.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Decon posted:

It's just his continued regression into his true form: a jackass, know-it-all teenage boy that thinks contrarianism makes him smart.

"Actually, caring about things is bad and dumb" is a cornerstone of that sort of that kind of guy. Accordingly, being a dumb loving teenager, the lack of theory of mind and critical thought means that anyone that DOES care is being insincere.

Funnily, I also associate smug libertarianism, "I'm a Real Gamer" (loving all of us millennials play video games) affectations, and an obsession with the Founding Fathers :patriot: with that fuckin' guy.

he is peak Gen X contrarian dickhead. smart enough to realize alot of stuff is bullshit but not smart enough to move beyond that fact.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Yeah, my guess is that Elon's trying to get out in front of things by painting Apple as some horrible censor before they inevitably delist the Twitter app. Unfortunately, Twitter needs Apple wayyyyyy more than Apple needs Twitter. 🤣🤣🤣

I think apple called and told him to clean out the hardline nuts or they will delist and walk, if they do then way more big names will walk too. Lol.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think Apple will do anything because they don't want to be perceived as unstable, fragile ego-ed lunatics who put petty grievances and lack of understanding over their users' experiences.

But it'll be loving hilarious if they do.

Nah, it’s clear Twitter is going to poo poo and that apple would probably view pulling the plug as a lesser risk then staying on while the site becomes 8chan.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean what could Twitter even do to Hunter Biden’s stuff. The info is on a laptop not hidden in some weirdos tweets

My guess is banning a lot of the open conspiracy poo poo mixed whatever gently caress tapes were on there. Pretty sure most of it is stolen/leaked and private poo poo. So it’s fine getting banned.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1598858721316462592

Even loving Tucker says it's a nothing burger.

yeah, there is no smoking gun because its either boring "black sheep son had cushy board jobs because he flashed his name but none at the orders of his dad" OR "black sheep son was addict and had a giant cock and some bastards but his dad still loves him" and the chuds keep sifting through and puting things in different orders in hopes something pisses the normies off or is actually damning.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

No, the right is all about what's between peoples legs these days. From drag queens, to kids, to Hunter.

What's funny is they tend to push against gay rights, and every year we see those who crusade against non-straight lifestyles to be in them themselves.

For all their accusations against others, they often tend to be doing what they accuse others of.

Projection is what they're all about.

It’s also deeply unpopular with normies and moderates. I doubt most moderates are big super progressive Allie’s but most hate the stupid insane mean poo poo the reason right pushes with their various social poo poo and etc. like every pundit I follow is saying this poo poo is why the gop got hosed up in a low turn out midterm that they should have had.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jeffreyw posted:

It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder if a lot of right wing idiots aren’t so much constantly arguing in bad faith but just extremely stupid and consistently angry.

It’s all three mixed with being privileged as gently caress.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

And the more paranoid part of me says things like:

We can consider ourselves lucky that at this present time, Capital sees its bread buttered on the "woke" side, not to put too fine a point on it. Brands going rainbow in June, movie studios doing representation, Nike and Gillette taking stands, all that stuff that makes chuds furious at companies' stubborn refusal to recognize that going woke means going broke. We can usually rest in relative comfort knowing that no company will willingly align itself with exclusionary or fascist rhetoric in today's marketplace of ideas.

But that's not a historical guarantee. There's a tipping point somewhere where companies might realize that there aren't existential consequences for letting their brands be associated with Nazis. If that happens, if they let their ads run free on Twitter and suffer no blowback ... it'll be like that bit in The Boys where Homelander loses his poo poo and lasers the protester into a flaming stump, and for a second thinks he's just sealed his own death warrant — but then the crowd erupts in cheers and support and he realizes he should have just been all-in on out-loud fascism all along.

We might roll our eyes at brand safety, but as goes brand safety, so goes a free society

true but i think alot of them realize woke stuff or at least representation and poo poo gets them way way more money then pandering to weird chuds, the uber chud poo poo doesnt sell, it didnt even sell in a dem midterm.

The current GOP/chud poo poo is way to explicity hate mongery and the chuds are explicit about attacking any company that doesnt bend 100 of 100 of the time, so corps will just stick to what they are doing mostly and wait for the chuds to fry themselves out and pray the big buessness ghouls take the reigns again.

with twitter it depend. i suspect alot of companies are gonna wait to see how bad it really gets and wait for the first lawsuit cascade or big mainstream news controversy and then slowly start dropping advertisers.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 9, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Looking forward to the next round of "Oh that's why we were spending all that money on smoke detectors and fire alarms, guess we shouldn't have got rid of them all"

Wasn’t saying you were wrong. Was more just saying I think they make to much money to jump to the chud ship and the current midterm and other stuff show that. When it changes we will know.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1601384986199805953

so it sounds like dipshit is trying say that it was bad that they got angry and banned trump over this tweet. lol

i think its funny because elon in allowing this incidentally pulled back the curtain on the devil and showed nothing but a boring office that did management meetings about problem canidates. When you build up your enemies as satanic child fuckers who hate your immortal god emperor and the final big denouncement revelations are “well management talked about giving them a 12ver and we will have to talk about upper management for anything more drastic” kinda puts a damper on it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ymgve posted:

how long is he going to post this time? will we see a three digit twitter thread? four?

its like 70.

so today we learned: Twitter was not taking orders from FBI/DHS/etc, Twitter wasn't punishing conservatives if they didn't break the rules, and that twitter was exhausting all possibilities before banning trump

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sylvian Wastes posted:

All this screaming by conservatives on twitter about proof the left is suppressing them... and its all boring discussions and corporate moderation.

thats just it. like its all boring bullshit and the smart GOP ghouls are loving pissed because they dont have anything new plus no one cares.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI86p6YogIg&t=4s

all i am picturing is this old sketch.

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Renreeja posted:

whats up with Taibbi? I only remember him from the older days of Griftopia etc. where he was like a wisetalkin rollingstone writer. How does somebody like that end up going to bat for trump and elon? what a loving joke

if i remember correctly, he crack pinged hard over people bringing up that he probably hosed young teens in his gonzo journalist days and trump winning kinda hosed up his brain. idk. i liked his "i can't breath" book about eric gardner and its a good break down of the case and why broken windows policing is loving stupid and etc.

i have suspecion that alot of gonzo journalists like him, greenwald, that other dipshit and a couple others are super contrarians who after realizing that being sorta socially progressive/liberal is the main stream now, decided that the chuds were the real folk/volk heroes that needed protection. thats also why i think a bunch of zoomers do it too, because its "counter culture/"gently caress you dad" poo poo.

with elon and trump, its mostly a mix of them both being bigoted shitheads who are also incredibly incurious and dumb socially.

Sir John Falstaff posted:

He developed a crippling case of Greenwald's Disease. So sad.

greenwald was always a nazi simp though. he just go a pass for a while because of snowden and because some morons still think greenwald is smart.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 10, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Elon is the dumb kid who desperately wants to be part of the cool kids to the point where he will be their little servant and gurgle and nod what ever they tell him because he desperately thinks it will make him cool.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/status/1601720455005511680 https://twitter.com/JamesFourM/status/1601737533934960640 It’s like finally hitting bottom. They are trying to rule lawyer his ban post January 6th.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShellenbergerMD/status/1601778264581627904 This poo poo is genuinely pathetic.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

do peopleeven care about fauci outside terminally online rightwingers anymore

hes retiring and theres no way the us ever enacts another lockdown over covid

no, post vaccines and poo poo, no one cares about covid for better/worse and fauci. yet chuds like my uncle and i guess elon still scream about it. its loving weird.

so they are mad because he eyerolled at rand paul and other chuds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

christ, what a sad douche. i like that deep down he knows his money can't buy him repsect outside of the chuds and freaks like them so he doubles down and makes people hate him more.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jesus gently caress, thats some mr burns energy poo poo right there.

kw0134 posted:

The goal of Twitter is to not be the main character for the day. Musk paid $20+ billion out of his own pocket to be the permanent main character.

yeah, he is too insecure and hosed up narsstic to realize that being the main character won't make him loved.

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah, at the core of it, it's this. They're pissed off that the world isn't like it was when they were 8 years old. Childbrain is essential for conservative existence.

i think alot of it is "i peaked in the 80s/90s/early aughts and why dont people clap for everything i do anymore"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Oh God, another one. They're up to five already? I thought they had only done two.

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1602364197194432515

Skimmed over what's been posted briefly, seems to just be whining that Trump technically didn't violate the TOS.

what the gently caress is this QCS chud poo poo. like your rule lawyering that trump go banned for trying a coup. gently caress off.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

sorry but I forgot who asked this

but I asked my bro who is a long time professional journalist his take, and

thats a good point. the gonzo days are gone and socially prorgressive or and least liberal ideals are normal and mostly main stream. so if you want to be counter culture contrarian, suck chud poo poo out their asses and salute them i guess.

like i will say, chud poo poo is the new hippie counter culture for alot of these dipshits.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

thats just sad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

90% he said he's Rick, because of the cartoon Rick and Mort, where Rick is a cool supa science man, and 10% because he remembers da Rick James fad line.

jesus christ. that's cringe and i wear loving tshirts from a gay daemon cartoon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

It always amazes me when they openly admit "yeah we are the Bad Guys" and their voters just go YEAH THAT'S RIGHT

Also there really isn't a topic this little turd can't rewrite the history of is there?

An Engineering platform? What the gently caress does that even mean Ben?

its because all the smart ghouls who just wanted to make money or tax breaks are dead or retired or pudding brained so now the true believers or the 5 column oppertunists and the nazi nazis run the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602734819225571328

I think I've phrased it before, but I'll do so again. This idiot seriously believes unless lovely fuckwits like the Babylon Bee can post transphobic jokes unencumbered on a lovely hellsite, humanity is in grave danger, and this belief is genuinely consuming him at the cost of everything else he's doing.

lol apartheid dying and getting hosed broke his brains hard.