Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Chainclaw posted:

I never understood why Tesla didn't just contract Simone for her Truckla design and put it out as the Tesla pickup truck.

The return of the Subaru Brat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Strong Sauce posted:

a lot of people who don't write software think of code way too visually, "block access to surface road maps for these specific cars and 'shove' in the tunnel layout" might be a real easy task if it was preplanned to support that, or it might take a 2 year rewrite of the code to support it.
I am a software engineer and this *should* be piss easy if you've put even a little thought into your code.

So in other words it's impossible for Tesla.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Sure, let's get rid of one of the most recognized corporate logos in the world. I am Elon Musk, a very smart man.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I mean, it says "toaster pastries" right on the box, people.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

MasterSitsu posted:

A doctor had to verify their genitals so they could post these.

Pretty sure this is one of the raider npc models from Fallout 3.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

FoolyCharged posted:

You say this, but the history books show that this advice would have been of great use to all the people throughout history that attacked those fortresses anyway for a variety of reasons.

There's a bit in Terry Pratchett's book Eric where someone is listening to generals making a plan to attack a fortress:

Sir Terry Pratchett posted:

The consensus seemed to be that if really large numbers of men were sent to storm the mountain, then enough might survive the rocks to take the citadel. This is essentially the basis of all military thinking.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Two gigantic failures... together at last!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

So what I'm getting from this is that we should confiscate 99.5% of Elon's wealth and use it to build housing. Thousands of people get a roof over their heads and Musk would still be a billionaire. Win-win!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Wait, how did he think the Coke Freestyle machines worked?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
In South Africa 'robot' means traffic light, so I think Elon just wants to build traffic lights.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Mudlark posted:

Picturing a family stalking a herd of these across the frozen tundra of the 2060s for sustenance.

This is essentially the world of Horizon: Zero Dawn, except with lame robots.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Speleothing posted:

Is demand slowing or are they all too expensive?
Probably a little of both. I don't have data to back this up but I wonder if we're getting to the point where everyone who wants an EV, can afford one, and has a place to charge it, already has one.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Buddha holding his walking stick

Jesus with the loaves and fishes

And Linda holding a glass of wine

Yacc, her wine uncorked.

Elon, when the stock price fell.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

kazil posted:

Something Awful is a social media website.

I like to think we're more antisocial.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Imagining an old school adventure game where you type "USE ELON MUSK" and your character makes a disgusted face and says "I'D REALLY RATHER NOT DO THAT".

> LOOK

It's woke in here. You are likely to be banned by a Musk.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

redshirt posted:

Are there any movies with tech zombies (not the Borg from Star Trek). Like, the thing that kicks off the zombie apocalypse is tech based?

There was that ST:TNG episode where the Enterprise crew gets hooked on the mind control game due to Commander Riker's horniness and only Space Nerd Wesley Crusher stands in the way of the Federation flagship being taken over by an alien enemy.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I mean, technically 5 milliseconds is "for a time".

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Based on YouTube I think most accidents are caused by guys in Mustangs leaving a car meet, trying to show off without understanding how a lot of power + rear-wheel drive works, and wildly fishtailing into a pole.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Plus a lot of advancements were due to a complex chain of events of people discovering something which inspires someone in a completely different field to try something, which leads to....

It's not like some guy decides "today I will invent the electric motor" or whatever.

Everyone should watch James Burke's Connections series.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Other way around, imo. Pig lipped, thin skinned.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Move fast/break things is fine if you're building the next fart app. Not so much if you're trying to build a rocket to get to Mars.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Lammasu posted:

DoesDid Elon at any point in history ever do any actual loving work?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
It's the state motto of New York.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Elon eat the pies.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Cassette Moodcore posted:

He thinks diablo 4 is the pinnacle of gaming

When actually it was Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo on the PS1.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Some Swiss students build an EV that will do 0-62 in under 1 second. But it's, uh, not what you'd call "road legal".

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/09/this-student-built-ev-just-set-a-new-world-record-for-0-62-mph/

Presto fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 28, 2024

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Pros:
- Doesn't need gas
- Head-turning futuristic styling
- Cutting edge tech

Cons:
- Wife and child dead because the steering and brakes stopped working

Conclusion: Recommend!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

pixaal posted:

Are you sure this isn't a con? I don't like edges that cut my fingers off when you close the doors.

Pros:
- Cutting edge tech

Cons:
- Literal cutting edge tech

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

egg_dog posted:

Oh no, they just patched Elon into the game on his request

Elon has already been in a video game. His character's name was Ted Faro.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Scientastic posted:

Bollocks, Ted Faro’s companies all made products that worked as intended

The brochure for the warbots didn't say anything about using every single living thing on the planet down to the cellular level for fuel and leaving the earth a barren rock spinning through space!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

We used to get like 60 or 70 stacked up in the bed of our '78 F-150.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Just got home from 5 days in LA. Total number of cybertrucks seen: 3. One on the Pacific Coast Highway, one in Marina del Rey, and a painted one (black) on Rodeo Drive.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

red19fire posted:

I saw a cyber truck in the wild. God drat what an ugly behemoth.

The thing I noticed after seeing a few in LA is that it just doesn't fit in anywhere. It doesn't matter what environment it's in, it sticks out like a sore thumb and clashes with everything around it.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

she wrote a series about inclusiveness and friendship beating right wing authoritarianism

And having defeated the right-wing authoritarianism they go right back to the utterly broken status quo that led to its rise in the first place. I mean, at the absolute bare minimum Slytherin house should've been banned. But nope!

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Idle thought: I wonder if Elon has seen the Indestructible Toyota Hilux episode of Top Gear.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I'm thinking of a Top Gear episode where they drove a Bentley Continental on a rally course.

https://youtu.be/3IZO5OBcn3A?si=AyxiAhf7AOS-LnPq

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Define normal.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

I'm confused. They can't build the cheap car until they figure out how to make it drive itself? Couldn't you just, you know, build a good cheap car that doesn't drive itself?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

bird with big dick posted:

Lol sure but why would you?
Sorry, I was foolishly thinking of it in terms of a car company that would want to make a car that people might actually want to buy and be able to afford. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Rubber Chicken posted:

Big screen is fine

Car functions on screen is very very very dumb for a dozen reasons

I rode in a friend's model 3 and another problem with Tesla's screen is that everything in the UI is done in medium shades of gray. There's not nearly enough contrast.

I was trying and failing to figure out how to adjust the A/C temperature on my side, until finally I noticed the light gray up/down arrows on a white background that were almost lost in the glare from the sun.