Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

kazil posted:

Why? I think it's hilarious that Elon is so desperate for people to love him that he's unbanning trump to appeal to the chuds and trump doesn't even give a poo poo

he only cares about the chuds, that's where all the money is, lol. He would have unbanned Trump even if the poll wasn't in Trump's favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

i just think a whole bunch of dark money's gonna keep twitter afloat after various attempts of other right wing social media flopped pretty hard.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Trillhouse posted:

i've seen ads for Palantir lately so the Thiel-bux are already coming in.

I actually didn't really give it much thought when I said that he's siding with the chuds because that's where all the money and power is. After some recent thought I think he probably doesn't give a poo poo about losing advertisers because other billionaires are gonna keep the site afloat for years, lol.

He's long picked his side, but he's not going to admit it. He's gonna play coy for as long as possible because he thinks he's clever, but he's going to openly play ball with right wing provocateurs. I wouldn't be surprised if he brings Alex Jones back even though he said he wouldn't.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

kazil posted:

why would billionaires pay to keep the world's richest man's lovely website afloat?

even Elon isn't going to dump any more of his own money into it

It's still got the reach, for now anyway, that sites like Gab, Parler, and Truth Social don't have.

Hopefully it does die sooner, rather than later.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I can't say I'm a fan of Grimes or ever will be one, but she's got my respect for causing the world's richest man to go off the deep end.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

She is just as lovely in her own ways. From money, a complete narcissist with no regard for others. Also the raft thing. Which was funny. http://www.startribune.com/local/west/49134952.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

I agree, she's pretty god drat crazy and not someone I'd want to interact with. Still, not too many people can ever say they broke the brain of one of the world's wealthiest people.

Lamech posted:

can't wait to build elaborate ascii art ====++++++##### frames and poo poo for all my posts

People are gonna try to spam ASCII penises and it'll be grand.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

poo poo Elon wants to exterminate anyone to the left of Ronnie Reagan

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

From that video, I dunno if I'd call it getting booed off stage, but he definitely was expecting a reaction like he was "Stone Cold" Steve Austin coming out to save the day from Vince McMahon.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yeah, he's high as hell on his own farts, believing he's the super-genius that's going to help save civilization. Unfortunately, in his mind one of the genuine biggest threats to civilization is people who tell anti-trans and rightwing assholes that they're assholes.

His cars are gonna need to stop randomly exploding first before he can 'save' civilization.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm suspecting he will make a "surprise" appearance at the turning point usa event lol

He might get the reaction he wants from that crowd

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

initially it was about roid rage but it turned out it was a mix of both, because both together are basically holding cobras and taunting both at the same time

edit: if Elon has a real humiliation fetish, like Cruz level, he should buy a sports team and micromanage it

too late for him to buy the Mets

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Beefed Owl posted:

Mile High Stadium in Denver is a prime example. People didn't want the name bought and changed when they built the new stadium. Invesco bought it and met them in the middle at: Invesco Field at Mile High, they went bankrupt two years later.

Sports Authority bought the rights, they went belly up two years later.

Now it's Empower Field at Mile High, and we are heading towards year 3 so...

My 'retirement' is through Empower, uh oh.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

Something I posted in another thread:

Don't leave, make them ban you. Then appeal it. We are far past the point where account numbers or advertiser angst is going to have any effect, it's not a publicly-traded company any more - there's no shareholders or board of directors to reign Elon in.

Making them ban you makes just a little more work for the moderation team and costs Elon money.

believe me i'm trying

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao this piece of poo poo was doing this "I'M TOTALLY A LIBERAL BUT VOTE REPUBLICAN GUYZ" back in May of 2020, when COVID was ravaging the US and Trump was doing loving nothing.

i'll be surprised if he actually voted before 2020.

Treecko posted:

Every day I'm glad for my lovely 09 Ford. She's peice of poo poo but has absolutely saved my life from dumbshits driving distracted

I'd rather ride in a 1983 station wagon before I'd ever get in a Tesla.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 13, 2022

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Gort posted:

there's shitloads of geniuses, they just don't have the money to be in charge because our system doesn't enrich geniuses

and the ones that have the money would rather hang out online with idiots with frog avatars.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It didn't even involve mangosteen this time.

or banning hentai

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

this is really depressing. This motherfucker's almost 60 years old and goes by catturd online, and has more fame and fortune than any of us motherfuckers can ever hope to achieve.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Catturd is an old man, yes

yeah that information, including assassination coordinates, is easily found online. dude turned being known as 'catturd' into a lucrative business

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

he'll carry on with advertisers such as mypillow, we buy gold, crypto, and goofy mobile phone game ads where the gameplay doesn't match what the ad is about.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Renreeja posted:

I tend to see body shaming of guys like musk and trump as a boomerish, outdated thing. Like something older, kinda overweight libs would do.

they're billionaires, they're surely not bothered by it. What we say bounces off of them.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

imagine how rich and powerful elon could become if he even pretended to be a centrist and at least banned the outright Nazi poo poo on Twitter, holy poo poo what the gently caress is wrong with his brain

He's still pretending to be one instead of flat out admitting it. His definition of centrist seems to be 'only listen to the alt-right'. If he actually was one and played it up, he probably wouldn't be dunked on so much.

Catastrophe posted:

It's so weird that all of the supposed Twitter bots are 100% far left deep state. All of them. Only left-leaning bots.

I mean.... Interesting.

Concerning.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I got bored, it's a slow day at work and I've been fiddling with chatGPT all day. I think I got it to do the Wesley Willis style of music, somewhat. The final line shouldn't be repeated in each verse but I like how it turned out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Bucswabe posted:

Do you think the AI chat could come up with an Oompa Loompa song for every time some Elon disciple gets disillusioned and abandons him? Like that Hotz guy?

I just tried it.

First time, it bombed hard, so I asked it to show me the lyrics to the Oompa Loompa song. I then asked it to do a song in that style. Could rhyme a little better but not bad!

EDIT: Couldn't remove the attachment, drat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 21, 2022

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Pinche Rudo posted:

Elon is pushing chud poo poo hard. Ben Shapiro, Libs of Tik Tok, and all kinds of other awful poo poo is now popping up on my feed constantly. I’m ready to tap out.

I ate a 12 hour probation for tweeting the goat man at Libs of Tik Tok. I'm willing to go further.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 22, 2022

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

it's really funny how much we've done a 180 on Russia in the last 40 years. Russia was the go to villain for everything for a long time.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I wonder how well Musk's cars are selling with the audience he's been courting.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Last Call posted:

They're asking for gas cars.

No really.

lmao

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

ahhh they got me for my other tweet where i helpfully suggested to libsoftiktok that she should sit in a bathtub full of water and drop a toaster in it. I mean, she should. Where's the lie.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Half of that is because old people don't understand that it's not "crying because of being sad".

It's not the clearest image and a lot of people are using fonts that are too small for them.

Sometimes it could also just be a misclick. The laugh reaction's fairly close to an appropriate reaction. Of course, some people don't realize this.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I guess that might apply. I mean, all my life I was told that Ronald Reagan was this great president who saved this country. Thanks to critical thought and analysis, however, I came to realize that Reagan was absolute poo poo and his policies are still affecting us negatively 30+ years later.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I can only imagine that interview will bring up how complex Musk's political views are.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Steadiman posted:

"As a centrist, I..." * five minute rant of the most wildly fascist, transphobic, and racist poo poo you've ever heard * "..., so these are complex issues with many sides, you know. Doge!"

Indeed.

I've gotta wonder if this interview's going to get him any new customers. The target audience for Tucker isn't open to electric vehicles and probably would consider Tesla only if they have gas engine options.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

people with statue avatars on twitter are some of the stupidest people on the planet. i dunno if i've found an exception to this rule yet.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Willatron posted:

I had a similar thought. Even just deleting my Twitter account recently and returning to these old forums has done quite a bit for my day to day mood, tbh. The message board format is probably where the Internet should stay.

It's amazing how badly humanity hosed up social media, a tool that was meant to keep in touch with your family and friends. I took so much time seeking out a lot of my old friends and former co-workers, and in way too many cases I wish I hadn't. Musk might have been more loved if he just immediately shut Twitter down after buying it.

Kill Facebook next, then 24/7 news.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Facebook almost doesn't matter at this point. It did the damage it was going to do and is dying off.

Well, we can still put it out of it's misery like Old Yeller :v:

But someone that can kill 24/7 news would be hailed as heroes.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

"whining and grievances and nothing of actual value" describes the last 50 years of the republican party

It works way too well :(

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Tim Sweeney is still a nerd.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Jakabite posted:

Social media makes you into a worse person and is killing society and the sooner we get rid of it entirely the better, and if you think otherwise you’re a loving idiot at this point.

If social media and 24/7 news disappeared tomorrow the world would immediately be a better place. Granted, social media also taught us that we've let a lot of horrible people be in charge of important poo poo over the last 40 years.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I kind of feel like people just aren't getting the message about the emperor wearing no clothes because way too many people still believe in folks like Musk and Trump even when people point out that they're idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

IBroughttheFunk posted:

When even other rightwing shitheads don't like you....

Garrison's the type of person Elon's been sucking up to for quite a while now lol.

He still wouldn't buy any of Elon's cars.