Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cinco de mayo options
This poll is closed.
taco bowl [WE LOVE HISPANICS!] 115 36.39%
huge gross burrito 78 24.68%
normal food for a human 41 12.97%
buddykins [straight tequila directly from plastic bottle] 82 25.95%
Total: 252 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

goddamn children can just walk in your room and demand you wake up, then disappear to wherever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol, lmao, I really don't want Bron to respond to this but also I kinda want him to

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

piggies are such good pets for certain situations.

I love when they boggle at you with that "lights are on but nobody's home" look

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

Why the gently caress would they call it retruthing

have you looked at any of their faces

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hatebag posted:

Everyone is getting dumber. it's fascinating because everyone was already really dumb. I better start drinking more

:same:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tacodaemon posted:

gotta admit it's pretty trumpy how trump just sort of randomly decided that "the n-word" means "nuclear" now

he makes our reality and we respond to it judiciously, as we will

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/JimmyHooverDC/status/1521351608260509702?s=20&t=opInlp8X1B9h9vcNMWctNA

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hatebag posted:

Some quick figuring shows that the worst places you could need an abortion are montana and houston. You'd need to travel about 1200 miles round trip, so that's basically a minimum of 2 days off work, probably 3, like $200 of gas, access to a car, however much an abortion costs, and then i guess they put a bounty on you

also better get that all done before January 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

radical meme posted:

So if a state can ban one medical procedure, I wonder how many others they might go after.

I was wondering what would stop a state from banning vasectomies.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Inconveniences men, total non-starter IMO

hmm I can see Utah doing it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm...uh, maybe having serious concerns about this summer

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

like if they actually do televised Jan 6 hearings during June, and anything interesting happens?

then the court strikes down Roe and here...we....go

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

if the so called left wing judges had an pride they would resign

have you ever known a judge that would, in their position?

I mean ever?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

no. they're having fun but they're wrong.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

A Bakers Cousin posted:

he did say we would get tired of all the winning

that's true

one might even say it's truemp

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol dogs do get confused in a fight

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Man Musk posted:

holy cow the guy that tackled dave chapelle (cw: broken limbs)

https://twitter.com/ab_a_w_p/status/1521738117820026880

well I don't know what I expected

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

cum jabbar posted:

somehow his trial is scheduled for like a year after the news came out about his literal grooming/sex trafficking activities

generally you have to be indicted to have a trial scheduled

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ll4GWTiq8

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

when I got initial approval in Feb it was at 3.25%, so the bank jerked me around for two months in underwriting, until the rate was 4%. thanks guys.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm very sure that doctors, who are known for playing fast and loose with the rules, are going to start tinkering with insurance fraud just to satisfy their internal liberal ethics.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be right to do. I'm just saying don't put your faith in the humanity of doctors.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tacodaemon posted:

that actually is what they did to sneak in abortions for people back in the olden days though, it's not just made up

it still was pretty rare, and doctors who would do that were putting themselves on the line, in some cases toward a violent end. it certainly won't be a widespread phenomenon.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VideoKid posted:

I think he was just epileptic

yeah that's not quite as exciting though

for him it probably was I guess

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Consummate Professional posted:

isn't jesus explicitly not perfect? like that's why he's a human and not god?

oh poo poo you've just triggered my early-Christian-church lecture

everybody please take your seats

*talks for a day and a half*

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

would it be a right "deeply rooted in history" to take ol' Tuckie out and tar & feather, draw & quarter?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

I'm curious as to whether there will be a point where the hardcore Christian fanatics of the GOP will decide they've cemented their position of power and they don't need Trump anymore. I'm sure they'd love to replace him with a true believer.

god willing he'll live to 95 because it'll take him dying to do that

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I understood it as Jesus could have sinned and done bad stuff because of his humanity, but by successfully resisting temptations and sins he demonstrated the ideal (Christian) way to live one’s life

fun fact! that's the Arian heresy and has been excommunicable since before that was even a thing, like 3rd or 4th century CE or so.

but you are def not alone in thinking that, at the present day. im just joking around

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

That's the common interpretation

yeah no it's really not

edit: I'm gonna be clear and say that I don't think Jesus Christ existed as a real historical person. but very, very few churches would subscribe to that interpretation. individual Christians, meh, it's probably not a majority view.

mdemone has issued a correction as of 20:25 on May 4, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

Mmmm being raised Mormon means I should probably stay away from comparative religion bc all my lived experiences with Christianity are heretical lol

that's actually very instructive. I do suppose that LDS teaching holds a lot about Jesus that was..........already not in line with the Church or with any Protestant denomination.

fascinating. I will have to look into this.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VideoKid posted:

slurp my ape juice

oh god I'm gonna

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

radical meme posted:

One thing Doctors could do without violating any law is recommend or prescribe the morning after pill to their patient. It's still available over the counter in Texas. I would think that would be the next move Texas might take, try to criminalize the sale of pill approved by the FDA for over the counter sale.

yep that'll be an easy win on the 5th circuit

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nonsense posted:

the war on the unborn is ending. The war on the living is imminent

thread title on several threads please

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

NOBODY HAS DONE MORE FOR RELIGION OF ALL TYPES THAN ME

I am dead. shovel me into a grave

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol Jesus I'm giggling and crying

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

this has been a known tactic on stackexchange for some time

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

this is why fiction is no longer strictly possible.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus look at these two specimens, they look like handbags

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I like that ad, she's hot

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

also don't we have the largest genitals of any primate for body size, like by far?

not too....hard to see how we got to this state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

a.lo posted:

speak for yourself

look I don't want these enormous balls. they're succumbing to gravity as I get older and it's not helping