Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Just played a round with

Isle of Silence - Sinister London - Sandbar

The game was brutal to my opponent - every card they dropped on London got shuffled over to Isle of Silence. Each time. I took each location by 1-2 points, but goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I wouldn't mind a mode where you and an opponent each pick one location, and the computer picks one at random. To make it fair, I could see it like you have a 'deck' of 10-12 locations that the computer can pick from so you can't just go hog wild with the same spot each time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Quackles posted:

I'm told they tried that early on during initial development and it was confusing and not that fun.

Interesting. I wonder what the hang-up was.

It seems like if the game created a starter deck of standard locations as a default, it'd be simple, but I'm not a game tester.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, I can totally see that, even with a large deck of locations the computer would pick at random.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

whats this tempo deck?

I think it's the same as if you played a weenie deck in MTG. Tons of little guys with all sorts of ways to pump them.

Edit: Oh, another article suggests the concept is playing all cards with power higher than cost instead of relying on combos.

I'll hang up and wait for the answer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

I thought tempo was just the strong synergyless on-curve cards like iceman scorpion lizard polaris with some top end. The kinds of decks that used to run leader, then aero, now idk.

Just because I'm relatively new to the game, I looked up the literal character named Tempo to see if she had a card.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Enchantress already pounds Ongoing-heavy decks, so the power buff seems unnecessary

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Chainclaw posted:

if we're listing dream cards, I want the Norman Osborn version of the Iron Patriot added, with the text "Replace all Avengers cards in your deck with the Dark Avengers versions", like High Evolutionary but for Wolverine / Daken, Sentry, Ms Marvel / Moonstone, Bullseye / Hawkeye, etc.

For me, it's:

- Constrictor: The lowest-cost enemy card cannot move from this location.
- Ares: +2 power if your opponent has more cards in play than you.
- Speed Demon: When a game effect would destroy Speed Demon, moves randomly to another location instead.
- Crimson Commando: Does not count for enemy cards' ongoing effects.
- The Spot: You can move this each turn. The next card you play has "You can move this once."
- Stilt-Man: You can move this once. After a move, cannot be moved again.
- Pretty Boy: Add the top card from your opponent's deck to this location. If Pretty Boy is destroyed, destroy that card.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

dangerburrd posted:

This exact speed demon design is my best attempt at coming up with a card for Longshot but it’s very similar to wolverine/doesn’t embody the hollow bones aspect

I would think Longshot returns to your hand when he would be destroyed, and could be redeployed for 0.

Edit: I now really want this card so I can give the middle finger to the danger room.

Edit 2: lol, how could I forget

- The Blob: This can't be moved.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 28, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wait, so .... giving Thing/Cyclops/Shocker/etc. abilities makes Sandbar even worse, doesn't it?

Edit: Plus, I feel like starter packs should have some 'nothing' cards as people learn the game.

Edit 2: Oh wait, are these *only* via High Evolutionary?

Edit 3: VVVV Oh, that's fine, then. VVVV

Red fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 28, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

dangerburrd posted:

Nebula is a 4/6 in this video?

Edit: they show her as a 1/1 later, must be a mistake

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1651997680741261312

Red
Apr 15, 2003

You guys weren't kidding about Fridays being the start of harder matches, yeesh. I usually win 80% of my matches, but today it's been like 20%.

Arnold at his peak never had calves like that, goddam

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I guess the lesson is to always fill up The Raft first.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Sean posted:

I spent most of this season not playing with as much dedication and forgot that this week was the end of the season. On Friday this took me from low-60s to mid-80s:

Nova, Angela, Hit Monkey, Scarlet Witch, Sentinel, Mysterio, Bishop, Killmonger, Polaris, Shang-Chi, Enchantress, Sera.

I think I lifted this from New Leaf and/or someone with a DBZ avatar (if it was someone else, sorry). That deck is pretty fantastic and it keys in on one of the biggest (imo) cube getters--a surprise T6.

Elsewise, I spent the month trying to figure out Prof X and Nighthawk. I just got Master Mold and I'm going to break the game next month.

Yeah, there's a YTer named Cozy Snap who shows you how to run this deck with Nova/Killmonger as a late-game play, and Enchantress/Shang-Chi as insurance. I... think he used Cosmo as well, but I can't recall.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Wow I finally played against the cheating Guardians of the Galaxy tribal bot, what the gently caress is that poo poo.

EDIT: Apparently I've gone from fighting bots who are rigged to give you cubes to bots that are rigged to kick you in the dick

It's bizarre, because sometimes you run into an opponent who just makes an strangely obvious wrong play, and it couldn't be anything other than a bot.

At the same time, I've lost consecutive matches where it came down to pure chance regarding which lane we played the final card(s) in, and the opponent guessed correctly each time.

Also, it's rare, but I sometimes see 2 of the same location in a match - is that meant to happen?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I'm doing pretty well at the moment (I've only been playing for... 2 weeks?) with an Angela/Bishop deck.

- Angela
- Bishop
- Agent 13
- Ant-Man
- Punisher
- Mr. Fantastic
- Hulk
- Shang-Chi
- Vision
- Sentinel
- Hulk-Buster
- Nightcrawler

If I don't draw Angela, I have Bishop. If I draw both, I run 2 lanes. Angela gets the Hulkbuster, then Nightcrawler, who moves, then after that, it's gravy. Shang-Chi KOs any big problems, and Hulk swings any close lanes my way. If I have Angela in my starting hand, I typically skip turn 1 unless I have Agent 13 (or there's a location effect that gives extra energy), because hey, free card.

Is there anything I can improve? I'm really hesitant to dump Reed, because I feel like he teases the opponent I'd go for the other lane.

Edit: I would work in a Beast when I get one, though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Quetzadilla posted:

I thought jubilee could always pull Chavez?

Chavez's text says she's on the bottom of your deck.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So if a location has the effect where On Reveal happens twice, and you have two cards there, and play a Hulkbuster, why doesn't Hulkbuster equip both cards?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

Doesnt hulkbuster disappear after the first OR?

The card is technically still present, just attached to another card at that location - shouldn't the effect go off twice?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CitizenKeen posted:

This is the answer. Stop thinking in analog, think digital. There is a new card that is the "merged" version of both Hulkbuster and whatever it merged with.

Related question: Hulkbuster, Cerebro, Helicarrier, and Quinjet are the only collectible* card that are not a character. (They're a suit and a vehicle, respectively) What other not-characters are ripe for inclusion?

Obvious first choice answer is the Spider-Mobile, but I think the Fantasticar, X-Jet, and the Ultimate Nullifier are ripe for inclusion.

* Non-collectible includes things like the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir. Am I missing any from the collectible list?

The Atomic Steed!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I got the America Chavez by McKelvie.

Hobo Clown posted:

Have they ever commented on how universally hated the Pixel variants seem to be? I kinda feel bad for the artist.

Most are bad, but I like my Hawkeye one, and kind of want Nightcrawler and Sentinel. They remind me of lovely DOS freeware games.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I ran for a while with a Kingpin/Magneto combo that couldn't lose, and now I can't buy a win.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Just had Altar of Death / Rickety Bridge/ Space Throne.. Yay so much fun thanks for the play-limiting locations Brode! I sure hate playing the deck I've built.

Nobody would mind if they got rid of the lovely bridge

Red
Apr 15, 2003

When the computer plays for me via Krakoa or Ego, I almost always get turbofucked, but Agatha always does better than I would.

There has to be something behind this.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Umbra Dubium posted:

This is what I've been noticing. I just got Black Panther and put together the Wong>Panther>Zola combo.

Playing cards on the first three turns is simply counterproductive, and I'm pretty sure that's not good game design.

Aren't Nebula, Sunspot, Jeff, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Yondu, Lizard, and Scorpion are all pretty popular early plays, even at later levels?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

crestfallen posted:

This deck is doing solid work for me. I know a version of it was super popular during the Sandman buff period. I tweaked it a little for me.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Leech
# (5) Sandman
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBzeWxvY2tlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I’m probably not saying anything that hasn’t already been said, but:

Most games play out to the end, which is nice. More cubes. It gets a decent number of retreats on 6, fewer on 5. Overall, it has quite a few options. It works okay if Odin doesn’t show up. Sandman is great but isn’t essential to win. Usually not a big deal if Maw is a dead draw. Don’t Wave unless you have to.

Interestingly, the card that sees the least play so far is Leech. Followed by Jubilee (!?) Maybe that isn’t surprising to some of you, but I still think Leech is a real solid card to lock in some games. So I wasn’t expecting to play it so little. I thought it’d be Psylocke for sure.

Anyway I’m still down in the low ranks because I just don’t have enough time to play to climb, but it’s still real strong y’all.

That Odin/White Tiger combo is nice, I've been on the receiving end of that a few times.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

crestfallen posted:

Yes, an early collection level staple for sure. Helps to cheat stuff into the Maw lane or other restricted locations.

The Doom + Odin combo is just gross for much the same reason. Even more so if you have White Tiger in that same lane.

Somebody stuck me with Maw via Oscorp today! That was devious. Still won via Kingpin/Magneto.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Someone help me, a dummy, understand why moving all your cards a lane is Good

Genuine question, I’m not super creative with decks and I’ve seen the surprise Heimdell wins take a couple times.

Think of it less of shuffling stuff around and more of it as you controlling lanes.

Remember things stack. Vulture gets a pump for each move, so constantly moving him is good. Kraven gets a bump each time you have him at a location someone (anyone, on either side) moves to, so combining him with Cloak is a good idea. You can also use Magneto to pull opposing 3 and 4 point cards to your lane, which Magneto will typically outweigh; and Kraven gets a bump for each one.

Think about Angela as another way to stack. Park her in the left lane, and Kraven in the middle. Then play Nightcrawler on the left to give Angela +2, then move NC to the center to bump Kraven +2 - and that opens up Angela's lane for 3 new spots, to which you can add another mover, or use a card that merges with her (like Hulkbuster) and leaves an open spot. You could also play Nova next to Angela, and follow with Killmonger - Nova explodes and everybody gets a bump - in addition to the bump Angela got for Nova and Killmonger. And, with Nova's death, you now have another spot to fill and a bump to give Angela. (Nightcrawler would go away as well, but his +2 went to both Kraven and Angela, so you more than even out.)

The twist, of course, is that you're gambling, but as long as you take your time and play the odds right, you'll do well.

Edit: If you're asking about the Heimdall gimmick specifically, they're probably using him in a lane full of Multiple Man/Vulture-type cards to a lane with Kraven (as an example), and they probably had Kraven in an empty lane while another lane had bait (Nebula, Lizard, etc.) that made you fill up that lane instead; their shift awarded you one lane while they took two.

Red fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 11, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

New Leaf posted:

I hate that I love this game. I seriously don't know how I'm getting beaten this badly over.. and over.. and over.. and over again. I curbstomped so many people to get to the 60's from the 40's and now its just loss after loss. It's absolutely maddening. What the gently caress is happening?

Same times a million; I've run into bad luck lately where my opponents seem to guess better than I do, and now I'm on a run where I just happen to draw well.

Walla posted:

This is the deck I'm thinking of throwing Galactus into. Forge is mostly there as a joke.

Might as well trade out Forge for Okoye. How do you KO Bucky? Maybe think about swapping Venom for Carnage.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Walla posted:

Deathlok, Venom and Destroyer take care of Bucky. Maybe Carnage would work better.

Perhaps use Venom and Carnage instead of Venom and Deathlok? I'd personally go for the two lower cost guys, but then, Deathlok is a nice turn 3 play to an empty location, too, especially since Venom can be played after him for maximum benefit. Maybe just ignore what I said about Okoye and toss Forge in favor of Carnage.

Edit: Carnage is too useful for clearing squirrels, ninjas, rocks, and raptors

Red fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 12, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay so I'm just about to hit 6k tokens. What the heck do I buy?

I have zero desire to ever play Galactus, gently caress that deck.

Call me dumb, but I'd buy the Master Mold because I'd laugh over the deck I'd make that exists only to aggravate my opponent.

"So, you like Sentinels, eh?"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

If you play this game to simply aggravate other players might I suggest a single player game? Or therapy?

I see Yondu/Scorpion/Iceman often enough I don't feel bad about returning the favor.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Playing an underpowered card to give your opponent more options (generally, unless they're skipping a lot of turns)

Master mold should be 2/4 at least

In all seriousness, Master Mold is funny, but probably not as big a dick move as Rockslide/Korg on cloning vats or Sinister London.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Cable has been a huge help for the Peak - I consistently steal Iron Man and White Tiger, which totally bones my opponent if I can play him right away.

Red fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 14, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

If you stole it with cable, they most likely weren't gonna draw it anyway, and you're not gonna get them flipped unless Peak happens to be the third location.

It has honestly worked out that Peak has been third location and Cable was played on round 2, so this has worked out several times for me.

I have yet to steal and flip a Mr. Negative (only steal), though, and I don't own one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bowmore posted:

Am I right in guessing that you can't buy a variant of a card you don't own in the shop but you can open variants of cards you don't own in reserves and rewards?

I think the only bypasses are the bundles, right? I believe you could buy Captain America prior to pulling him. Ditto for Collector, Groot, etc.

The token shop either sells base cards you don't own, or exclusive variants of cards that you do own (baby Hulk with fart cloud, Venom White Queen, arty Namor, etc.).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Youremother posted:

IIIIIII'm sorry but what the gently caress is this?

Corporate synergy

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I'd love the 80s Shadowcat variant, but it looks ... unreleased?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Meanwhile, Dan Hipp is the best.

https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1658505830092910593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CitizenKeen posted:

She just showed up in my list of cards.