Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Toozler posted:

I am just a few cards into Pool 2 and just pulled in order Storm, Infinaut, Shang Chi, and Killmonger. Time to scroll back through thread and see what cool stuff I can make now

I'm currently down to my last card of Pool 2, second to last was the Ebony Maw, the card I'm waiting on, Killmonger.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

overseer07 posted:

You only won the left lane. You lost the right lane. You tied the middle. You won the game because 64-13 is a bigger win than 19-18

It's the total power, not the lanes that were won/lost that are compared.

64+15+18=97
Vs.
13+15+19=47

I just got to pool three, just got Killmonger and every match I am getting plowed under. Looks like my old friend Dino is doing me dirty.

Worst was playing two 0 cost Hulks into a Leader.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

uXs posted:

woop woop just got into Omaga rank

thanks Armin Zola

What is your Armin Zola deck that you're using if you don't mind?

Also, what is the strategy for Zola? I've been using Black Panther/Spider-Woman with Zola, but to guarantee that I had Zola hit the target, I'm left with only a 6 drop 0 power at one location?! That doesn't seem right.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Quackles posted:

You can either spend your gold on Variants if you want your collection to look pretty, or on mission refreshes if you want to progress faster. Which is up to you.

I'm in no hurry.

One thing to note. The 1200 gold variants aren't included in the 'random variant' pool, and are bought only, apparently.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

edgar_ posted:

Got a Namor ultimate variant in the token shop two or three days ago. It rotated in again today. Very stupid

I saw this as well when it launched and was super confused. I didn't think the art was anything stunning, and I was thinking why the hell would I buy a variant of a meh card instead of getting something like She-Hulk?

Side note: I'm quite enjoying my She-Hulk/Death deck this past few days. I am the problem.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Xguard86 posted:

Yes please. I hate that homunculus killmonger default card.

Agreed on all counts.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Well, I finally saw it. Someone who actually bought the Apocalypse bundle and had that card variant. I was without words. I just beat them and moved along...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I had Knull (sp?) in my shop, so I pinned them, but I'm sitting there thinking it's going to be ~6k tokens, and I have 600. -_-

Feels like she would go SUPER well in my Death deck that I like playing. Even though currently it seems that people are hating the deck out pretty hard right now.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I'm just coming back to the game now, after a long hiatus post launch. I'm at level 3,077 so I am not 'new' but rather back and don't know the meta at all.

From what I gathered, updating my Death deck slightly seems to have 'fixed' it. Removing Red Hood helped Knull a LOT!

quote:

(1) Deadpool
(1) Nova
(1) Yondu
(2) Bucky Barnes
(2) Carnage
(2) Wolverine
(3) Killmonger
(3) Venom
(3) Deathlok
(4) Shang-Chi
(6) Knull
(8) Death

Anyone have any other suggestions for switching out? I want to get X-23, and have close to the number of tokens needed for a new Series 5, but I've been messing around the last day or two and I'm not that lucky. Unless it was a newer card and I'll be waiting a while for it to come back around post-season pass?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FireWorksWell posted:

X-23 is also this coming week. I'm hoping to pull her so I can get the variant later on.

I'm curious if you're talking about this bit:

Doobie Keebler posted:

X-23 is coming up in a Spotlight Cache in a few weeks if you don’t mind waiting. It’ll save you the tokens.

So does this mean that I should be trying to upgrade my level to the Spotlight cache ASAP, then stop upgrading until the cache updates, and crack it then???

The whole spotlight cache is actually new to me. When I quit the Token system was JUST implemented, yet I have ~5k.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FireWorksWell posted:

You can keep upgrading your collection level, just don't click the purple caches when you aren't trying to roll any of the spotlights foe the week.

That poster was talking about saving four caches for the x-23 availability in November, but they didn't know there was also a window this coming week.

Well drat, didn't know the spotlight chest generates on open, not on unlock. Games like hearthstone and wow do the opposite if I recall.

I only unlocked one spotlight since playing again, hopefully I have another soon!!

Devo posted:

Dan Hipp Mobius might be my favorite card. I never ever buy shop variants, but this one is seeing play in every single deck.

My shop had baby venom variant. First I've bought in a long time!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Oof course on the reset I get X-23 in my token shop. As I'm at only 5.2k I pin her, then go and open my one spotlight cache.

I opened X-23 and now I'm trying to figure out a better use for my death deck.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Can someone explain how America Chavez being on the bottom of your deck is a nerf? You're still getting it on turn 6, you know that you're not drawing her until she can be played, so you get your other stuff first still?

Unless there is just another nerf incoming that I am missing? Her being on the bottom of the deck seems irrelevant, but I guess I more just don't understand why that is even being changed.

Aside, I played a lot near the launch, and just now got back into the game. I had no idea that there were different Infinity Split effect options! I had thought it was just a progression system where you first got the rainbow foil ( The only effect I think I've seen on my splits? ), then the like orbiting comet, etc.

I thought I had previously split like 3 times and then couldn't split anymore once I had gotten it to Infinity. Was this a change in the months following release?

Now really, this could just be me being bad, up until this past season, the top level I would get to was early ~20's. This past season I finally broke into mid 40's and I was pleased as punch.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fate Accomplice posted:

cozy's bounce from this morning:

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (1) Bast
# (2) Angela
# (2) Elsa Bloodstone
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Hit-Monkey
# (3) Beast
# (5) Iron Man
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2l0dHlQcnlkZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbHNhQmxvb2RzdG9uZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVmZlRoZUJhYnlMYW5kU2hhcmsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RlcmlvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCaXNob3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhpdE1vbmtleSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmVhc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25NYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifV19
#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UttSBf-_ut8

Any good subs for Jeff and Hit Monkey? The only two cards I apparently don't have, which is shocking to me.

Also thanks for the info on America Chavez. I don't play with Iron Lad or Jubilee, so it makes sense it was a blind spot.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Quackles posted:

Generally, if a card is a 'when' ("When you play a card here, swap it out" - Lockjaw / "When you fill a lane" - Elsa), it's not an ongoing.

When it's a "while" or a continuously updated calculation ("while this is in a lane, other cards there have +1" - Captain America / "Has +2 power for every card in your hand" - Devil Dino), it's an Ongoing.

We have On Reveal, and Ongoing, not having one for a triggered ability seems like a mistake.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kly posted:

i had read that you cant get cards by spending money and everything was cosmetic but it looks like if you buy premium you get a free card. was that just an outdated/wrong thing i saw?
i reread what i saw and it says "you can't even spend real money to directly acquire new cards" i guess IGN doesnt think a month sub is paying directly for cards

is there a reason to keep playing for the day after youve done all the missions you have? it doesnt seem like you get anything other than ranks and maybe a tiny bit of progress on the season points. ive been playing on and off all day because its so fun but i want to know if its doing anything for me in game

You can bring rank or play conquest!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I believe there was a site where you could see the top meta decks and load in your collection in order to see what decks you had access to and such? I've been looking around Google and not finding anything that stood out like HSReplay did for Hearthstone for showing the current Meta and recommendations :(

Mostly I just see aggregates of every random person on the internets current lovely deck.

From what I've seen, apparently a destruction deck isn't considered very good, but it's served me pretty well the latter half of last season, and I'm doing well'ish this time.

For the first time I got to Gold in Conquest and was doing well until I got blown out by someone with ridiculous luck on his combo. He did mostly nothing, and I forget the combo enabler, but it was dropping Modok on Turn 6, and having Hela revealed after (Was it a Magik turn 7)?, but he just revived all his big hitters, Infinaut and the others that are just ridiculous cards you can't play multiple of generally.

He beat me once being cocky for 8, then I whittled him down to 3 cubes, and finally he won with another luck draw to get that combo and I had nothing I could do in response. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

quite stretched out posted:

you may have been hit with the invisible woman modok hela play - invisible woman stops cards from revealing until the end of the game, so you can tuck a modok behind her without worrying about modok discarding hela, then tuck hela in after modok. if you do that, then when the game ends both cards will resolve in sequence and let you dump your hand and revive it without risking hela

This is exactly it. Across 6 games, he got it twice.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

flatluigi posted:

there's also untapped.gg, which is by the hsreplay people

Ended up trying untapped.gg which seems to have a lot of paywalled stuff, but it still suggested a few updates to my Destruction deck that seem to have improved it's playstyle significantly, and works much more consistent, even though the cards I removed seemed good, they weren't this good.

If anything, the Untapped.gg deck suggestions informed me on just how many cards I thought I didn't own that I actually do ( Taskmaster, Sera, Mister Negative, etc. )

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Something I've never seen before, a screen that says fast forwarding that just dumped me at the end of a Anim Zola game boy spam in that location that duplicates to fill the location with the card you play.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Do all these bundles show up in the app? I haven't seen that $5 bundle where you can pick between enchanted, Bucky, or... The other one, yet.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Last King posted:

absolutely not worth a spotlight or 3k tokens. skip. Skip, S-K-I-P. that's halfway to jeff, an actually good card.

I had Jeff pinned, but today unpinned it. I'm just under 3k off and I'll be saving caches for December and should have plenty of I don't spend them

Then again, I dumped two and four Man Thing and a duplicate Knull -_-

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I feel like I need to update my old as poo poo go-to decks. I have a Devil Dino deck that was made like... 2 months after release? I'm noticing a lot of people recently making GBS threads on Aero, and I noticed she wasn't as cool as I remembered, so I gotta replace her out I guess.

Is Devil Dino really a deck anymore? I haven't really seen it on my climb using Destruction ( Which while it can definitely get screwed, is a ton of fun ). I just today removed Hulk Buster for Luke Cage as I have been frustrated by all these decks that are running the unlock abilities dude ( High something ), and the stuff like Hazmat/absorbing man/odin combo which really poo poo in my cereal.

Hulk buster while amazing if I can get it to hit Deadpool, is not as consistent as just using Forge, especially when it's a turn 1 play now!

E: Checked out Untapped.gg and apparently I have all the pieces for Shuri/Sauron. Guess I'll be looking up some YouTube videos on how the deck plays. Outside the obvious Sauron, Shuri into RedSkull I guess...

E2: Just saw this... derp

Fate Accomplice posted:

I have been steadily racking up infinite tickets with this all <P4 Shuri/Sauron:

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Vision
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWJvbnlNYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNhdXJvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9XX0=
#

only advice it needs:
don't play Maw unless Zeroed or Sauron'd
Shuri/Skull in the Armor lane
best Shuri target: Skull, second best: Vision

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 13, 2023

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bad Video Games posted:

You say this, but C3 and Patriot got ne into the 70s while Shuri has lost me 4 ranks.

I'm only in the 60's but I'm losing way more games with Shuri than winning. I think I need to be way more aggressive with retreating.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Red posted:

I love the Art Adams variant, but I'm a nerd for his work, so I'm probably biased. I also like the Pixel version.

Opinion invalidated! ;)

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kooriken posted:

Not going to lie "This Dating App Blows" from the 5 dollar Deadpool bundle might dethrone "I whine on the Internet" as my go-to Title for decks.

I don't even want the variant, as I have the will merc for food variant that I like more, but that title is really tempting...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lawen posted:

For those upset about the discord credit card requirement, take a look at privacy.com; you can generate a one time use credit card with a $1 spending limit and won’t have to worry about cancelling the subscription later.

Honestly worth it even if you don’t care about the variant. $15 worth of gold for $5 is one of the best deals they’ve ever done.

Both of these are amazing points. I bought the bundle for the title, love destroy, so the Deadpool boosters was a good boon. I completely discounted the gold as being included, but yeah, I should have seen that.

Privacy.com with the CC though? Holy poo poo :asoiaf:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
This is the first time I've been over 80 and I don't want to go under 80 for the end of season, so I'm just messing with conquest.

8 snap proving grounds, sometimes you get lucky even with a completely poo poo deck. Will be grinding that for the weekend goals.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm at the point where I had 4 caches, spent one and got lucky with Werewolf, and now I am regretting that I didn't pull on Nico, as she is god drat everywhere and I haven't found a good werewolf deck that doesn't use her as well, with some other card I don't have.

Trying to keep at 4 caches for Dec. 1 for that sweet sweet Jeff though.

Trying to be careful, but the draw for werewolf after seeing him be ridiculous in Conquest was too big of a draw. Then mine always gets Shang Chi'd. :( He doesn't seem to slot into Negative Surfer as well as I hoped.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Wait, at the end of the season, my rank doesn't matter other than losing 30 ranks from it? So there's pretty much no reason to not continue playing, even if I drop below my current rank if I don't care about climbing again?!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Picked up Magick Peach variant. Only had the regular card and love that art.

Looking at the future shoulders, I'm at 4 keys, and need to save for Jeff the first week of December, then Nico during Christmas week.

Glad she is coming back, but with her prevalence, wish it was earlier.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

uXs posted:

70 => 90 with Shuri Alioth

90 => 100 with this lockdown deck:

# (1) Nebula
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (3) Storm
# (4) Ms. Marvel
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Legion
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWxpb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25MYWQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMZWdpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1lZHVzYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNc01hcnZlbCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Alioth is still just stupid good, and Ms. Marvel fits very well here.

This deck screwed me in some early conquest matches, but luckily I'm apparently low enough in the ladder to not see this monster. I'm missing Jeff, and Alioth, both of which seem pretty key. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DeepDickPizza posted:

The Silver Surfer Werewolf deck I’ve been rolling is some of the most fun I’ve had with the game in awhile.

I'm very curious what this is, but then again I know it will have Nico and I'll be sad.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Beasteh posted:

Goose is also good to pair with negasonic and echo for the 'lol get hosed' amount of retreats they engender

I really need to get Echo, and I had her in my token shop, but I refuse to buy a lower series card in that shop.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
On the topic of gently caress it, just bought the battle pass even though I'm not super into Ms. Marvel because I get annoyed with gaining levels and not being able to claim the rewards.

That will definitely fade over time, but since starting the game up again I'm only two passes deep.

I justify it because I need some more good by Christmas ;)

It also helps my lizard brain to hold onto my keys for Jeff and Nico.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
4147, started at launch, played through two season passes, then feel off on the third I think, picked it back up during Loki, but didn't get a pass again till Elsa.

I did get a 1 key Werewolf before, and Annihulus today.

I still have 4 keys, but I'm shooting for Jeff and Nico, so if I didn't get him in one, I wasn't pulling more. Gotta guarantee Jeff and how I can for Nico too. As a fallback Nico is pinned in the shop, but I'm far off it still at like 4.5k tokens. -_- they were added near when I quit.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I'm only 300 tokens shy of being able to buy Jeff. The punisher/gambit bundle just happens to have 300 tokens, but I don't think it's a good buy otherwise.

Blob seems underwhelming so I don't know if I want to spend caches that week.

Jeff is a spotlight cache in something like 2 weeks though...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I can say for sure the Daredevil bug wasn't fixed. At least on Android.

:suicide: god damnit

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I already have Man-Thing and Stegron is a whiff, but I'll be cracking keys till I get Jeff.

Then again for Nico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skippy McPants posted:

Muir Island on Shaw will be pretty good. If you play him there on 3, he'll be a... 3/16?

That's almost on par with a good WWNB draw!

I mean, you joke, but that's without any support. Shaw with support like Nico, and Forge will increase his stat line significantly. WWBN needs a deck of on reveals, and if you don't have any destroy effects, you can fill lanes and not have him able to move rather quickly.