Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mr. Fix It posted:

RIP choco taco :(

Creating things that people enjoy was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

By popular demand posted:

:aaa:When you need a flowchart to map out your relationships.

Paternal grandparents were uncle and niece, parents were first cousins. Gross, but not out of the ordinary in some tribal or clan-based cultures, plus at least some new DNA was incorporated at each generation

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

madeintaipei posted:

I think it gets even worse?

Lyme disease and chronic lyme disease are two different things.

Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria and is usually cured in a few weeks.

Chronic Lyme disease has no medical definition in America and has a certain amount of woo and bullshit attached to it. Persistant symptoms after receiving the cure for Lyme disease are correctly called Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome (PTLDS), which has no proven treatment.

Judging by their other posts and mention of a liquid, they're talking about homeopathic "medicine".

So, either these idiots are backing a fake cure for an untreatable disease, backing a fake cure for a disease which doesn't exist, or they love ticks.

Pick your poison.

Yeah, there are chronic residuals of Lyme disease, but it's a bacteria. Once it's treated, it doesn't really progress.

I do sometimes feel like the idea of "chronic Lyme disease" falls under the umbrella of "doctors just don't believe women" such that no one is able or willing to explain their symptoms, so patients end up inventing a "disease" so that they might get treatment. The woo extortion around it is really just another malady from a system that is hesitant to truly treat the ailments of those less than financially capable of paying for treatment.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

RatHat posted:

…Who is buying placenta?

Shampoo companies.

https://www.amazon.com/placenta-shampoo/s?k=placenta+shampoo

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Queue up another generation of would-be tough guys watching Roadhouse and inappropriately touching themselves. :jerkbag:

Is it really inappropriate when it's Jake Gyllenhaal?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

dot communist posted:

Everyone: Enjoying handwiches
Mr. Ice Cream Glove: Hey guys... oh, never mind :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDu9CvbrnlM

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

'Ludes age like a fine bourbon.

Bourbon doesn't age once it's ina bottle.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The fact that you can buy "homeopathic" "medicine" in the US is genuinely grotesque and depraved, they sell that trash next to the real medicine and it's packaged and designed to be difficult to distinguish from real meds. They even sell special formulations for kids.

My cat had kidney disease and for some reason, the big pet stores sold homeopathic kidney supplements. I get that they might work as a placebo on idiot humans, but on cats?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Excuse me, that dog has a god given right to bear arms. by shooting that ammo out of its butt.

*Paid for by the National Rifle Association.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

`Nemesis posted:

almost posted this in the funny pictures thread but wasn't sure how it would go.

That is the flag of Taiwan

Technically, it's the flag of the Republic of China.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Yaldabaoth posted:

Here, have a picture that's not from Reddit:

I love how it looks like it was created by Google deep dream even though it's 100% hand painted.

How'd you get in my attiic?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Dr. Quarex posted:

I once bought a piece of furniture entirely because its name was clearly a euphemism for the sex you would be having on it: a "cuddler"

It was definitely not a place for rough sex, not big enough

Is that what a love seat is for?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Biohazard posted:

I guess cause the hand goes from darker to black to then very white? Seems like someone just picked 3 stock photos without thinking about it. But one could argue that the instinct to view white hand as inherently cleaner is a racism. I’m not saying that, but I’m guessing that’s the logic?

I kind of took it to imply that cultures that traditionally eat with their hands are inherently unhygienic.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

kntfkr posted:

my freezer is full of breast milk

So, ice cream?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Lost his shoes, so he's dead right?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Yaldabaoth posted:

There are literal suburbs with HOAs that won't allow minorities to live in them.

While many HOAs (AKA restrictive covenants) were initially created for this express purpose, U.S. courts have invalidated any sort of racial restrictions for 70 years.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I don't even know who to root for here. Is this trying to revel in the defeat of Capt. Cook? Or revenge for Mussolini? The mind boggles.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

SuddenCactus posted:

There are incurable STDs?

Life for instance. It's always fatal.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

I saw the Color out of Space. This does not end well.

Will there still be Alpacas?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Otana posted:

Note that he has a Rolls-Royce, multiple boats, enough property to total millions, and an estimated $30k a month in income from rent at this time.

I loving wept reading that article. It's incredibly well written and laid out, but it's a hard read.

The thing that hit me hardest was just the brute objectivity of it. Bad things happen to poor people resulting in punishment, wealthy bad actors perform bad acts and receive minimal to no punishment.

We're doomed aren't we?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ManBoyChef posted:

Is the CNN headline about Macron because he is raising the retirement age a considerable amount?

from 62 to 64 I believe. But the article notes that France has a plethora of retirement programs and points out the national ballet company's policy allowing retirement for dancers at 42 which had been tradition since the 18th century.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Gerblyn posted:

I think I already know the answer to this, but if there's a Confederate Memorial Day, is there a Union Memorial Day as well?

It's just Memorial Day because the Union still exists.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Aramis posted:

So is "My boyfriend slept with another girl so I ruined his truck, lol".

"Mom was cheating on dad, so he killed her" is a classic.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Fell Mood posted:

It's odd how that stuff gets ingrained in our culture. Back in the 90s I had an adult black friend who didn't know what Brazil nuts were supposed to be called. Her entire life she, and everyone she knew, had only ever heard them called by the racist nickname.

https://imgur.com/62odBkR

Anyone know what these are actually called?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

ReelBigLizard posted:

All the best Chinese food places in the UK now are almost always 3.2-3.5 stars on any given rating system. Usually not much more than a glazed hole in the wall, you can't see in or out because the inadequate ventilation means the window is constantly steamed. It will probably have a bunch of Chinese students from the local university eating there.

Often the only place to get good pig's ear.

Isn't that like a thing with authentic places? Where white folks will rate based on service, but ethnic chinese will rate based on food, averaging out to around 3/5.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Stoatbringer posted:

Thanks, clickbait doctor, but I think I'll pass on this one.

Letting ants eat you does tend to resolve a lot of medical issues though...

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

limp_cheese posted:

When I had a bunch of drainage tubes in me after a surgery I was curious about the complicated medical procedure they would have to do to take them out.

Turns out they just pull those bad boys out while I was laying in a hospital bed. The one in my neck felt the weirdest coming out.

I had a hip replacement and the only warning I got when removing the drain was "hit the button." The button being my time restricted morphine feed...

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Possum Chow

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

The Daily Mail is going to have a field day with this.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

What is the "Man. Tr."?

Man training? Is that for the dudes?

Girls get home making class, guys get the MAN TRAINING??

TOXIC MASCULINITY GUYS AMIRITE?!?!

Manual trades.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

There is no reason for a spider to go into a fly trap, this was done intentionally.

Honestly, why are y'all so terrified of spiders? they're a better pest control than a raft of Venus fly traps, plus they're loving gorgeous....

Seriously, all you single guys could be so lucky.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Vakal posted:

At least we know now what kicked off WW1.

Those of us that studied anything about it in school do...

Like the fact that it was already going on by 1915.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Kit Walker posted:

If I was trapped on a remote island with two other people and this deer...yeah okay sure I'll eat the deer but only after foraging for every possible fruit, berry, and seed I can eat first

You wouldn't even have to kill it, jut pop em off like meat apples.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Some community is really missing their dofs sign.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

How far we've come. There was a time when the camel spider was the main nightmare fuel for goons forums wide.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I can't wait until he reveals that between murderous Teslas, exploding rockets, and breeding with the dumbest people on the planet that he is actually a human extinction zealot.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

honda whisperer posted:

Agreed. My understanding was for "proper" sweet tea you need to be boiling the water to get the sugar to dissolve or you're missing the point.

As an ignorant Yankee, am I to understand that sweet tea is just tea steeped in simple syrup?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

:stonk: What happened to his dick?

Whispers: he got schmeckeled

Schmeckle is yiddish slang for a penis.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

What the hell kind of bridge is that anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

They already sell boner subscriptions get with the times

Why yes, my boner is a professional.