Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

in on the ground floor, let's gooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

was wondering how the costco thread dropped so far off my favourites list and it's cause i never favourite'd this iteration :negative:

in other news, i'm going to go to a 1 week old costco in a few hours, pray for me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nocheez posted:

I drive a hybrid, and when you pull up to the gas pump you hit the button to open the fuel door and the car engine stays off while you refuel. The Costco attendant today made himself look really dumb and had me shut my car off in 90 degree heat with my 2 young children inside. I explained it was on battery and not running but he insisted.

It was just so loving stupid and I don't have the energy to argue with idiots anymore.

Someone definitely made themselves look like a dumbass in this story but I don't think it is who you think it is

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dphi posted:

lol at the people concerned that a spark will trigger some huge explosion at the gas station or something, do you put your car in neutral and roll it away to a safe spot before engaging the starter too?

I always enjoy when people make false equivalencies, this is a good one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

We just got on the smoothie train and so far both the frozen 4 berry blend and the frozen.. tropical? idk I forgot the band, good like mango and peach, are fuckin fire

That vanilla orgain protein powder is :yum: too, thanks to y'all who recommended it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

All this talk of chicken nuggets and nobody has posted the best ones, smdh

These things loving rule

Quoting this for future searchability

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

Are the jarred 505 chilis seasonal or regional? I don't know that I've ever seen them at my store (SE WI), and I don't get any matches looking online.

I like costco well enough, but product availability really messes with me.

I get the gyro meat because it's pretty good and makes a quick throw together dinner with leftovers for the week, but getting pita bread @ church is a real gamble. The brand is good, but just availability seems real hit and miss.

It's been at the Middleton Costco every time I go there, was in the Verona one when I went a week and a half ago, haven't checked the Sun Prairie one

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A fan

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I grabbed the Pendleton outdoor blanket last time, def getting the warm indoor one for my partner soon

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah they're just fine. Nothing special. Cheap frozen pizza.

:hmmyes:

We get the cheese ones and usually add poo poo to them to spice them up

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Key lime or fuckin bust

No wait, key lime AND fuckin bust :mmmsmug:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I just got gas at church and witnessed a funny interaction

I get in line and see in the line next to mine the farther car finishes up and drives off. The closer car driver is already out and has the nozzle in his hand, opening his gas cap. The lady in the car next in his line leans out and is like "uh hello can you pull forward??" to the closer car driver, now with his gas cap open and about to fill looks down at the nozzle in his hand then back at her and it's like "uhh not really?"

The woman looks irritated and rolls up her window while the guy starts filling his car... and the lady just sits there. Doesn't pull forward to the open filing station, which she can get to, just sits in her car. The guy filling up looks at that empty spot then back at her and it's like "you can pull forward...?" but she doesn't hear him cause her windows are rolled up. :psyduck:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Costco: Dear reader he is right, this kimchi slaps.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This Pendleton blanket is the poo poo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fashionably Great posted:

I find it ridiculous that in America, land of :btroll: that the Costco food court is as boring and bland as it is compared to the rest of the world

Don't think anybody said it was boring or bland but go off

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

I've never seen anything like that, never heard of take&bake in my life and I'm an '02 goon. Maybe it's a West Coast thing? I've heard of wake&bake but that's it.

edit: like if I wanted to do a pizza at home I've only ever seen frozen pizzas or the Boboli's refrigerated pizza crust and then I have to track down sauce/cheese.

You absolutely have, I saw them in all the different grocery stores in Boston

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

They only allow counter orders with cash at mine

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Casey's has the best pizza out of any gas station, and poo poo it beats out like Papa John's

Anyway can't wait for more warmer clothing and blankets, I want to be a fuckin sloth this winter (when I'm not doing house stuff so just fml)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nocheez posted:

Coke and Pepsi taste the same.

This is not remotely true lmfao

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

sometimes ill get MUG root beer and imagine myself as the root beer loving bulldog on the label

I always think of the bartender from Tapper :cheers:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Heated water is either overrated or my rear end is so numb it can’t feel anymore

Yeah it's not overrated, neither is heated seat

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

32 degree stuff is the best cause it's incredibly easy to use as an underlayer

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Bye liver, nice knowing you.

Can't take it with you so fuuuuuck it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I tried some ancient grains probiotic granola as a change from the Kirkland granola and I'm pretty sure it's the reason my poo has been the consistency of algae

Also it tastes kind of bad, would not recommend

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I need some kind of indoor-outdoor lined flannel/thermal/hoodie, anything I should look for? Aiming for a men's since theirs are usually so much higher quality, but the downside it has to go up to a 3x since they don't build in chest room. I'm not a Costco habitué but I'm getting a chance to go with a friend tomorrow, so teach me your ways

32 Degree stuff is a great thermal layer

FogHelmut posted:

Ancient Grains is good, but that's because it's full of sugar.

It was full of sugar but also just had a taste that was off to me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

pentyne posted:

Any opinions on the cauliflower pizzas at Costco? I was surprised to see at least 2 different brands on sale. I've had ones that were completely terrible and ones that tasted almost but not quite like a really nice crunchy thin crust pizza.

The two pack of veggie supreme or whatever it was my partner and I super liked. The crust really added a nice flavour pop

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I had a pair of sketchers work shoes for a good long while, they were great

I almost bought another pair for my new job cause I got a shoe voucher, but I bought some other brand that was more expensive cause fuckit, can't take the change from the voucher with me

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

I inherited the tilt-head KitchenAid that my mom got as a wedding gift in 1972. She used it almost every day until gifting it to me about 20 years ago once she finally upgraded to a more professional model. I only use it once a week, but it still works like a champ.

Yeah my partner got her grandmother's and this thing is a tank

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Since the Costco Citi card also acts as my membership and is a one tap deal at the gas pumps I'll keep it forever. It's either have a membership card or a credit card so why not. It's been on my record since it came out and credit scores are bullshit anyway so why not.

I'll buy a TV this year with my rewards.

Wait I can just show my credit card when entering instead of the membership card? Fuckin A!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

the ??? is my favorite part of going to costco

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Frozen banana in a smoothie is the way to go

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yeah they don't check poo poo at the exit at either of my Costcos. I go to the food court first p much every time

maybe it's dependant on where customer service is? I signed up by walking in the exit to customer service cause it's on the same side

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

norp posted:

Gotta get in and out

My Costco has paid parking (it's built on airport land so the airport requires it) that's free with validation.
I've never once gone over the 1hr free parking limit and only once hit the point where validation is required, even with a fuel stop.
I never even bother going to the pay machines anymore since you can just scan one of your receipts at the boom gate if you haven't validated at the machine inside.

this is not something to brag about

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lieutenant longdog

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Spindrift wasn't even worth stealing when I worked a previous job and had the opportunity. Absolute trash tier. Get some real sparkling water like Polar

lol this is a terrible opinion friend, Spindrift is probably the best seltzer out there

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I only buy Spindrift occasionally cause it's drastically more expensive than any other seltzers

I miss all the cool Polar flavours from when I lived in New England though :smith:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Topo Chico Supremacy

:haibrow:

Their alcoholic seltzers :yum:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Ror posted:

Just gimme some water with bubbles and that delicious carbonic acid flavor.

nooooooooo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Kirkland hard seltzer is actually bad

So many wrong seltzer opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

So many wrong seltzer opinions