Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

NewFatMike posted:

Prices all include shipping, it’s very nice.

they don't, but if shipping is extra they tell you on the product page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

BeastOfExmoor posted:

If you don't have the physical receipt the app will show your old receipts now.

gently caress yes!!!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I've gotten the Simulate nuggets at the Tukwila Costco a couple of times

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

StormDrain posted:

This year I'm setting up a tiny Costco village. I've been working on scale pallet racking for about six months. I'll have little decorated meat department and Santa will be selling air conditioners, elves in the tire department and 1400 to scale pies of varied coloring.

costco diorama when

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah I just walk past

E: In other news:

rumor has it there is a binder where the store manager responds to these with why they might not carry them

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Went to costco yesterday and they didn't have any eggs. Not even a hole like they ran out. It felt ominous.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

I bought some tofu and several had mold growing on them so I threw them out and tried returning the rest. They wouldn't refund it because I didn't have 51% of the food and said next time to bring it in even if it's moldy or rotten. It was only the second thing I've ever tried returning so my store must get a lot of scammers or something?

That's nasty. I'm not keeping moldy food hanging around so I can make sure Costco verifies my story.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

StormDrain posted:

Great news everyone I get to return a foam mattress that my wife doesn't find comfortable. It's only three years old what is the best way to return this?

The difference in size from when it was in a box to being decompressed is intimidating.

strap it to the roof of your car because who cares what the condition is

and latex is the mattress material you want to look for. either 100% latex or a few inches of latex over innerspring

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

StormDrain posted:

I wasn't asking to be talked out of foam mattresses.

Yeah our main bedroom has a Casper that she likes. I prefer this one actually because it's firmer, but oh well. It's for the guest bedroom and she sleeps on it with her boyfriend more often than I do so she has the final say.

Thanks!

Also for the record I purchased it on Sunday, so it's a week old and never slept on. Apparently she couldn't fall asleep on it.

I thought you said you'd had it for three years?

Anyway, two twin mattresses side by side is the same size as a king mattress. Customize your firmness and her boyfriend can join you.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

Independent reviewers agree latex is best for fuckin

https://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattress-sex.html

If you aren't basing your mattress purchase on the fast climax scale you're doing it wrong

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Hasselblad posted:

Trying to wrap my brain around how breathing from the bottom helps if one sleeps on the top. Our temperpedic has open box supports with fabric around the openings underneath. Withholding belief that latex is any different until I actually try one.
My latex mattress has many many ~1/4" holes throughout it from the manufacturing process I think. They definitely feel different from a memory foam mattress. I can't remember how the "feel" is described by more knowledgeable people anymore but when comparing it was pretty accurate.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah you have to get platform beds with a lot of slats and not just reuse beds meant for use with box spring

my latex mattress has maximum distance between slats requirements for the 20 year warranty to be honored

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Kirkland Brand Condos

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Orvin posted:

My local Costco was completely out of fresh eggs this morning. It must have happened Friday or Saturday, as there wasn’t even a vacant spot in the cold room for them to be. It was also pretty clear that I wasn’t the only person that was looking for eggs, as there was a few people that went into the cold room, did a quick look around and leave.

My costco has been out of eggs for what seems like at least a month.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Costco finally had eggs again yesterday. The nightmare is over.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

those white rabbit pops are good as hell

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

pentyne posted:

update on the tv install, costco takes no responsiblity because they contract with the third party, and the company Handy says since I didn't report it 72 hours after install I'm not eligible for a refund.

They improperly installed it according to the directions provided by the manufacturer! gently caress, I hate these app based service companies.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

PokeJoe posted:

Can you get Costco to buy a house for you like they do cars?

sort of
https://www.costco.com/medano-10%27x12%27-studio-shed--%e2%80%93-do-it-yourself-assembly.product.100762992.html

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

Kirkland "Super Premium" Vanilla Ice Cream

Disappointing, if you call something super premium I'm expecting at least Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs level of density. But I guess they took out the air and replaced it with some filler that has the consistency of melted bubblegum or low-viscosity Silly Putty.

For the $15 we would have been better off with three tubs of Breyers, honestly.

It might be regional because our super premium is I think Tillamook

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Kaiser has the most expensive monthly premiums out of like any available insurance on the west coast. Its good if you get covered through work or whatever but its not cheap.

Hmm looking at it again, this may no longer be true. nm then!

I have Kaiser and I got a notice my rates were going down this year which seemed odd

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

What are the must haves at the business center these days? Last time I went it was sheet pans and other food prep items.

a whole frozen goat

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Anne Whateley posted:

Ice-cold water up my rear end in a top hat is literal torture. Running an electric line and an outlet and keeping water hot 24/7 for a hot-water bidet is a degenerate level of decadence. I’m good with Charmin thanks

I used an extension cord and some command strips

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

edit: I guess in hindsight do be aware the C909 comes with 2 years of filter supplies which neutralizes some of the cost difference. if I end up getting another for my office maybe I'll get a bigger one for my living room

I think all of the Winix they sell have two years of filters?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

is USDA Prime graded beef brisket a fraction of the price of regular at everyone elses church or do I need to be rebalancing my retirement portfolio into chest freezers?

Fairly certain the whole packers at costco are choice

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

This but unironically. I thought this thread would respect value and be unswayed by ripoff purifiers that need to look like an oversized Apple product to appeal to your caveman brains.

Love to put my name on something that's been known for decades, to make it sound sciencey and get a Wikipedia entry, like I'm some San Francisco Hipster Startup inventing public transit for the fiftieth time.

edit: I'm so tilted I'm making a detour to Costco for a dog to spite you all. A Costco Spite-dog.

did u try and return a dusty used air filter after 3 years or what geez

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

That cheese bread was nothing special the one time I got it

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Someone mentioned the birria pupusas upthread i think. They just hit my warehouse

oh I'll need to check these the next time I see them. I think they had bean and cheese last time which were fine but this sounds like it might be better.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

olylifter posted:

The asterisk means that they're not selling the item anymore and they're clearing out the rest of the stock they have.

Costco Canada did that with my Utz pub mix last week and I'm so sad.

I thought it was the asterisk only meant they weren't being restocked and the .97 meant they were on clearance?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Chinatown posted:

btw i got a jar of these today at Costco and they are terrible. Extremely sweet mushy "kosher dill" pickles. What the hell? Directly into the trash or return? I never return poo poo unless its poorly sized clothing.

the first food I ever returned were those godawful keto chicken enchiladas everyone agrees are dog food. now the seal is broken and I've returned a couple more things that were just not good.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

bought a smoker from costco

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

oh poo poo

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

A chest freezer for two people seemed unnecessary and then I found a vertical freezer the size of a dorm fridge and now I have a freezer.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Raluek posted:

i asked for onion to go on my dog today, and they did actually have the little single-serving containers behind the counter! no signage or other indication that they had em, so thanks for cluing me in, thread.

that said, the onion was kinda flavorless. hoping it was just a little off today, will def continue to put that poo poo on for as long as they have it.

unless they fill those single use containers that day in store those onions are probably not fresh and so have lost a lot of the oniony compounds

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Beer Gay So What posted:

Anyone bought the inflatable kayaks or boats at costco and have an opinion? The hardshell ones look way nicer and more comfortable but I don't have a F-350 with Calvin pissing on *The Liberals* so I feel like transporting one would suck. Just wary of anything kind of cheap and inflatable even being able to survive a season on a simple resevoir.

SILs family has this or something extremely similar and seem to like it well enough for loving around on flat water
https://www.costco.com/tobin-sports-wavebreak-inflatable-2-person-kayak.product.100805501.html

Foam noodles and some tiedowns work pretty well on any vehicle to transport a small boat. My moms second husband had these foam blocks he would attach to the lip of his canoe and transport it on the roof that way. You can get creative without requiring an F350.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/ask_aubry/status/1664280787401981957?s=20
A real costco respecter

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

death cob for cutie posted:

gently caress I should go to the other costco to see if they have the protein bars I like

If you know the item number you can either call or ask in chat for stock levels to save you a trip!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

pentyne posted:

It's a lot easier in store, because they can bring up the whole area inventory and literally tell you where and how many, plus when the next restock is expected for high demand items.

The only thing the chat person couldn't or didn't offer was expected restock date so easier if you're already at a costco trying to find something they don't have.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

priznat posted:

Why the gently caress don't we have the ability to just push a cart thru a scanner and it totals everything up in the year 2023.. Come on AI do something useful

Its called Amazon Go and Amazon Fresh but it uses cameras to keep track of what you put in the cart

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Some Costco employee was trying to give away free slices of pizza at the registers today. Only saw one kid take him up on it.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a slovenly pep slice, had to class it up with that cup of onions

this reminded me of the r/costco post I just saw where OP was like "those slices can't be 620 calories right? I just ate 3" and its like, you just ate half a gigantic pizza and now you're having second thoughts???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

Went to church this weekend and they were out of kitty litter. No biggie, I thought, I'll just pick some up from another store on the way home.

EVERYONE is out of kitty litter, especially whatever brand Costco carries. :iiam:

Yeah, just this weekend someone said there is a kitty litter shortage

edit:

Dick Fontaine posted:

you can blame CYRBERCRIMINALS for that one

i thought you were joking
https://www.washingtonpost.com/home/2023/09/19/cat-litter-shortage-2023-clorox/