Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Judgy Fucker posted:

Mattress Mack is the person who gave us the Galleryfurniture.com Bowl for a couple years in the early aughts, too. I think that may have been the first bowl game to have the sponsorship as a name and not just “presented by” or whatever?

Blockbuster Bowl
Outback Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Georgia delenda est

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where else do you put them? They beat Michigan, so ranking them below Michigan looks weird. Everyone else below them has the same record or worse.

Put them at #8 or lower like they deserve. It was 65-7 in the most important game in modern TCU history.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Florida is up to 6 transfers so far, to supplement this class. But there's some indication that Jaden Rashada (4* QB) may have fallen through. 2023 could be another long season without a capable QB.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LSU wisely doesn't want to build up a potential in-state rival.

I hope Howard goes to Florida. The QB room in Gainesville is pretty bare.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

This is Graham Mertz erasure

I just looked at his stats. Against Nebraska, he went 8/18, 83 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. We're not going to miss a beat from the AR days.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

So yeah, Florida still probably would've won, but maybe it stays respectable. I dunno. Also, UGA has lost one (1) game since then, which, wow

This Georgia program is the closest thing I've ever seen to the killer O-line Bama teams circa 2011. Just year-after-year of soul crushing rosters combined with capable coaching.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I call bullshit on the $13,000,000 rumor.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

"Two million if you want me. I know what I got."

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

What an absolute monster of a young teenager. The question is, does he keep growing?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

My thing with Golding is that if you're a young coordinator and your name is never really attached to any big boy job rumors, then maybe you aren't that great. Always seemed like just A Dude to me, totally replaceable.

If Bozo the Clown were handed Saban's defensive recruits he probably would have surrendered fewer points in Knoxville. Nothing about his defenses was "lights out" like last year's Georgia or the Saban teams of yesteryear. They were in a boat race with the 2021 Gators, for Pete's sake.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Iowa's doing better than I thought at placing guys in the league.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

drunk leprechaun posted:

Super lovely news from Athens. Sorry Dawgs.

https://twitter.com/ugabarstool/status/1614630340911415297

Single-vehicle crash at 2:45 a.m. The female recruiter was driving a Ford Expedition and crashed into power poles and a tree. Two others were also injured.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrandonHuffman/status/1615521288843563009?s=20&t=mh8fQ6TVv2STjncmdkGimQ

It's Mertz time! :confuoot:

You have a UGA employee driving probably a school-owned vehicle and she kills a player. Maybe while drunk, too. Plaintiffs firms are surely all over this kid's family by now. What a goddamn foolish waste of life.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Komet posted:

It's a real tragedy that two people are dead, but it does raise questions regarding improper relationships between students and employees of the team. There should probably be more of a wall of professional separation there.

It's a tough question to pose when two people just died. There's no NCAA rule against it, for what it's worth, but yeah I'm sure it's not uncommon. Why do young women and young men usually pair up at 2:45 in the morning?

LeeMajors posted:

Napier's entire pitch was being a control freak with a plan and this kinda blows a gigantic hole in it.

What I've read is that some knuckleheads are trying to make promises and call shots on Florida's NIL, when they shouldn't be. I don't know how much of an organizational advantage other programs have on Florida when it comes to NIL, there's so much behind-the-scenes skullduggery going on it's really hard to read how things are going.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently some players were following and literally held him while he died.

Goddamn

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

It's weird to see the dessicated corpse of NCAA enforcement going after Harbaugh while players are openly getting paid to enroll or transfer. They've lost the plot.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

"Don't talk to the cops" holds true once again.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ah, the Kavanaugh tactic of hiding behind a model family.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I assume Reddit dominates CFB chat when it comes to raw numbers. I know that for boxing it's not (Boxing Scene and others do well), but then again boxing isn't fragmented by fanbases quite the same way.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I've been coming to this site for 20 years, what's with the creepy and mean-spirited avatar change?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I admit I kick anthills from time to time with my comments. But I had been a good sport and had left up the creep's last hate av for a few weeks. :10bux: more for the dead forums fund, I guess.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

the fact that post lives on in the rap sheet and will prevent me from running for public office is the real punishment.

I know a number of political folks and the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze, honestly. They could spend the same time and effort making way more money, or just enjoying life. But to each his own.

I just want my Aqua Teen Hunger Force av back.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/SethWEmerson/status/1617500503750938626?s=20&t=fUaxdDfuf8R4ZW64Y1nx3Q

I spent $5 just the other day. I don't want to get in a bidding war with my anonymous superfan.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Jeremor posted:

I think that man had a stroke

They've been waiting for BoB to go on down the road for a while now, he must be excited.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Reminds me of AnneFrankfic

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'll still tune in next season. Maybe Florida can bullshit their way to 8 wins.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Never forget

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

:lol:

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

Iowa ranked 130 out of 131 in total offense but the coach's son kept his job. Iowa dum-dums sure do have some weird fealty to Papa Ferentz.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

At least you guys actually have quarterbacks. :colbert:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/football/schedule/season/2023-24/

Get ready for the offensive starters to remain in deep into the 4th quarter of games. Gotta pad the PPG with good showings against the weak opponents.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Georgia LSU Tennessee + perma-FSU

Gators win the :qq: contest.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

Tulane clearly has the best mascot and second place is not close

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Sportscenter commercials from 20+ years ago endeared me to Big Red.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Losing annual Tennessee and LSU games really loving sucks

LSU is always so tough. Even during the Tebow days they were a huge obstacle. I'm not heartbroken, especially since UGA and FSU are big annual games. Losing Tennessee just feels wrong, though.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Florida dodged Tennessee for 60 years and happened to be good in the '90s because they got a coach who grew up in Tennessee.

You're missing the last 20 years where we annually Mr. Magoo'd our way past Tennessee.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Rectal Placenta posted:

I am very amused that he left and now Wisconsin's QB room is the deepest it's been like... ever

Look man I just want a QB who can complete a screen pass.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Sorry, all we have left is this lightly used handoff machine.

My first two decades of being a Florida fan did not prepare me for this.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

James Spann once came to my elementary school and gave a presentation. That's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Warbird posted:

roll tide btich

Legit jealous. I’ve met Sabes a few times but I’d turn them all in to meet Spann.

We had a kid who thought he knew it all about TV news, and Spann dunked on him by showing the class that he didn't know what an isobar was.