Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Vakal posted:

Just conscript all the Olympian discus throwers to toss the AT mines from a distance.

I also played Tiberium Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Tai posted:

Russians shelling their own city after it voted massively in favour of joining in russia in a totaly legit vote with independant oversight.

I hate to be that guy but could you NMS that stuff? I've seen enough corpses and mangled bodies for a while.

Edit- Thanks friend. Twitter bait n' switched on the collage.

Commodore_64 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 3, 2023

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1656663953903345664
Igor saw the T-55 with double cope cage and decided to remark on it. To say he was disappointed is an understatement.

Have there been any with children's trampolines instead of wire mesh? Full Looney Tunes defense.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

So I get South America, but doesn't the Global South include Africa, and several countries being thrown into economic distress and unrest due to massive grain shortages? You know, the ones caused by Russia and it's imperialist invasion of Ukraine?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

HonorableTB posted:

Ukrainian forces advancing on Robotyne, a strategically important village 5km from the frontline.

Is that where Dr. Robotnik lives or something?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

HonorableTB posted:

The Soviet Union had some very cool things they were very good at, unfortunately none of them had anything to do with keeping a country from imploding.

I have some wonderful ex USSR optical glass flats for interferometry/metrology I snagged from Ukraine pre war. Huge, good quality etc.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

HonorableTB posted:

I can't figure out what the gently caress that silver looking thing is. It looks like a DIY turbojet lol

I think that is a helicopter rocket pod. The kind used to fire tons of little dumbfire rockets as ground support.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I somehow read legally elected city council as legally elated city council.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Grape posted:

And you uh... declare war in the process on the US, UK, France, Germany, Turkey, and like 20 other countries...???

Does this guy not understand NATO?

This is a pretty weird loss edit.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Is this in their favor, IE "Oh no, those Bradley's were really only worth $1M and not $2M, we can send you a few more." It would be sad if it were "Actually our stuff is kicking too much butt, it's obviously undervalued." I think I know the answer, but I've been wrong before and will be again!

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I also wish to beg a gangtag!

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Warthog posted:

I just got a pair of cotton socks from Ukraine :) .
The UA word for cotton is "bavovna"; Russians call it "khlopok" which they also use for a clapping or banging sound ...downplaying an explosion:
https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1563547416648855552

Is this some sort of guncotton reference?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1684178669084745728#m
POCCNR seems determined to make sure nothing leaves or enters a Ukrainian port.

I don't know anything here, but it seems like it would be pretty hard to blockade a port that has coastal weapons / missile systems.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Prettz posted:

It's better than nothing, but 12 AA guns is an insignificant number of AA guns.

I don't know, Gepards seem like surefire solution to Shaheds and other drones they use in terror strikes, recon, counterbattery etc. I get it that 12 is not a lot, but I can image that might be enough to take the load off missiles for city defense from these drone strike tantrums. This is of course coming from absolutely 0 real knowledge, just "Gepards are good at shooting drones."

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Prettz posted:

Yes but guns are very short-range. They don't have enough to cover the major cities from even the slow Shaheds. It's crazy they're not being given more AA guns.

Well, since I was curious, I looked it up and it turns out they have an effective range of 5.5km, which is a whole lot more than I would have guessed! I absolutely agree they need more of them, but it sounds like Germany is already scouring the scrap yards for more of them to repair. I wonder if there are any comparable systems that countries are holding back on?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Huh, not like I am a farming equipment aficionado, I've seen those mostly with square/hex/etc drive shafts in the center, but whatever I guess they must exist in a bolt circle, too. Bet you could get some nice abrasion resistant steel ones, too.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

The loving national chauvinist stupidity of Russia is astounding

Yeah when you invade your neighbor they cam attack you right back fuckwads. Did you really not even consider that possibility till now?

"We're so afraid of this NATO encroachment on our border" while at the same time their border troops were apparently unarmed.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Arivia posted:

a ration is supposed to boost morale

"Whelp, at least I'm not that guy" *munches "bacon"*

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I know drone lifting wounded is probably the best use, but imagine drone surrender squadrons just bussing mobiks off the defensive lines nonstop.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Drone_Fragger posted:

Thats a speed hole in that sub, ackshully. Leta it dive faster. Of course decadent westoids would be scared of ingenious russian tech.

This submarine can now stay submerged indefinitely. Checkmate westoids.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Der Kyhe posted:

...And this didn't bother you at all when Russia was peppering Ukrainian cities and countryside with cluster munitions for the last 2 years, but now when the Ukrainian armed forces are finally given ATACMS to start shooting back long distance, they are weapons that cause unnecessary risks to civilians. Hmmm.....

I think the guy was sharing his earnest opinion / experience as a reaction to seeing the cluster munition. You're reading too much into this, he doesn't deserve that reaction.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

NoiseAnnoys posted:

why would you publicize that you know where things are and want to blow them up?

I was going to say it's a ruse to flush out actual locations, but

zone posted:

Because they almost never move their garbage to safety before the storage depots get hit anyway. Their logistics can't support that.

So ?????? who knows.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I am not really sure how the number work out here. What might be 90 modernized T-72B and in exchange Morocco gets 500 Bradleys?

Edit - Of which 25% of the Bradleys come from the reserve immediately?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I hope they still have the cute little machine gun turret up top, that thing is rad.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

zone posted:

2 and a half, according to the current gold rate

Nice. Wikipedia puts the Shaheed at 200kg. With a 50kg payload. Not sure if that 200kg is with warhead or not, but 250kg of drone for 2.5kg of gold must sound like a bargain when you don't have any other options.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The father can join the dagestani conscript baralion and serve his new country proudly.

Is that like a gorillion?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I'd imagine something like a javelin would work well if it hit somewhere where there already was explosives, say one of those giant missiles stored on deck in a tube e.g. the Moskva, or one of those revolver like cruise missile batteries that hung below its deck.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

at least do the polite bare minimum of looking at your vomit before you post it

No you're wrong, this is way better.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Flat spin while on fire. Pretty amazing air show.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

No step air defense, we can't!

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Hannibal Rex posted:

Which realism is the realest realism?

It's not real realism unless the spheres of influence touch.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Frankly at thus point the GOP is the party of pure gently caress you, you can't tell what to do. No amount of dirt will make a dent unless it lands them in jail.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I think it's like a happy mushroom house.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

If the US wants them to leave targets in Russia alone, we need to give them the tools to beat them in Ukraine. I really think it is that simple. Or at least I thought it was before we starved them of aid for a year or whatever it actually has been.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I like to think it was a parade float ripped out of some municipalities garage and pressed into service as shown.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Shoigu strikes again!

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

A lot of cabinet makers and other carpenters were ridiculously dependent on cheap "baltic" birch plywood from Russia. I also miss how cheap it was for its quality, mostly for hobby projects.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

mr_jolly posted:

I love the massive toilet roll next to Putin

This is the only place he can poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

shadow puppet of a posted:

Systema was invented to ingeniously defeat an aggressor Cock without touching them. It’s not a laughing matter. Western minds can’t comprehend this. They lack then necessary rampant fear of a hollow spoon.

So erotic hypnosis then?