Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

so what you're saying is it's time to put a big order of legos on my credit card

Now is the perfect time to max all your cards since the banks won’t exist much longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I was promised blood today! loving goons are always wrong, better change the thread title

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

s and p closed down.

a whole 0.15% :rolleyes: I want BLOOD DAMNIT BLOOOOOD

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Actually I'm not done with this post yet. Describing regular cultivar breeding as "genetic engineering" is also dumbass bullshit. Thats just basic agriculture.

all types of selective breeding are genetic engineering, just slower and more haphazard, it’s why being scared of GMOs is so dumb

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

aren’t they getting shut down in less than 45 days? that email makes no sense

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Glad to hear things remain largely the same at colleges

I went to college in the mid-late 00s and the amount of my peers that'd get their loving parents to call teachers about grades was embarrassing, learn to hack and change them on the mainframe like a normal person sheesh

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Sounds like total bullshit. The actual job of a CEO is to know other important people and generally be well-connected.

that's not a job

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Hubbert posted:

dude everyone was a goon here at some point

moot

robert evans

pewdiepie

deep hurthing

probably cyanide and happiness

dril

etc

my favorite is the nfl player (if you consider a punter a real player)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

oh god did I play with steve bannon in goon squad at some point? he better not be loving sneep

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

who holds the guinness world record for man milked most times in a day

gonna have to go with smythe reading the AOC thread

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

who?? I hope it was Pat McAfee

nope (thank god, gently caress WVU), Chris Kluwe

just look at that facial hair

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

Milf destroyed by blackrock

step brother help me I'm stuck in this 0% interest rate environment

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Radirot posted:

what is labor to do? strikes?

:killing:

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Al! posted:

i recently saw the mall i grew up with in an episode of "dead malls"

hey I got one of those too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9tVb5ke4g8

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

triple sulk posted:

just for awareness this is not a normal "city part of a city," it's kensington & allegheny avenues, more colloquially referred to as k&a, and it's the heroin capital of the us where now people do fentanyl and the stuff is laced with a veterinary sedative that rots peoples' flesh

no one on fent is gonna be able to hurt you they're too busy passing out while standing up or dying

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Yudo posted:

makes me rethink wanting to buy at all, even with refinancing being a thing.

everywhere will soon be like nyc where even 5 years ago buying an equivalent place to my apartment only was worth it after 36 years of rent payment, I’ll be dead far before then so renting it is forever

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

:emptyquote:

I live in Brooklyn and asking for tenants to prove 40x monthly rent is very normal

and if you don't have that, just get a guarantor that makes 80x the rent, easy peasy! let's see the average rent for a studio in manhattan now is like 3200 so just need a trusted friend who makes 250k a year np

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

euphronius posted:

there is also nowhere for the money to go

my bank account has lots of space, I'm nowhere near the 250k insured level

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

Why would anyone own an expensive watch now that smartphones and smartwatches have obsoleted them?

it's the only acceptable (white) masculine jewelry so white men have to put all of their money into one expensive rear end watch instead of spreading it out over earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc

an apple watch just shows you have $400, electronics are for the poors and their fridges now

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

The main top section of CNN . com

Tipping less is more important.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lol the loving judge has been a judge for 1 year

https://ballotpedia.org/Edwin_Chau

lol multiyear school board member, owns own business, former programmer for some reason while also a lawyer, dude is definitely a landlord. just protecting their own, no matter how insane and annoying and late with paperwork your insane landlord is

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

Seriously thinking about ordering live termites and letting them loose on the property.

hot tip, you can buy thousands of lady bugs at very reasonable prices on amazon

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/development/2023/03/26/pittsburgh-downtown-safety-business-golden-triangle-gainey/stories/202303190041

Gonna be real fuckin funny when it comes out that the recent news and social media blast in favor of banning black and poor people from downtown and putting homeless people in incinerators was astroturfed by commercial landlords.

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/zappala-kennywood-safety/43409986

I saw the DA is telling kennywood, a wonderful amusement park, that he’ll shut them down if they don’t add insane security measures because of a shooting last year. sad to see where I grew up turning full chud :( poo poo I’m gonna own a house there when my mom dies, anyone want a lovely ranch house?

also lol this guy:
In 2021, Zappala sent an email to his prosecutors instructing them not to offer plea deals a well-known black attorney who had criticized the criminal justice system. Shortly thereafter, an Allegheny County Common Pleas judge said he would no longer accept plea deals from Zappala's office, saying it was wrong to treat defendants differently based on who represents them.

the democrats folks!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

who said anything about boats? let them try to crush my floating egg. it's superior architectural design will not buckle!!!

sorry, because of a floating chicken illness we’ve had the raise the price of floating eggs to $5 million, we apologize for the inconvenience

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Koirhor posted:

Can we just go back to letting doctors prescribe the gently caress out of pharmaceutical grade opiods instead of killer street drugs without any lab testing?

they could do that but people can't have fun in our hellscape and also I'm sure the elites are happy to cull the undesirables just like with the crack epidemic

it's probably the cia putting that stuff in the fent and selling it as heroin, I'm sure we'll find out in 20 years

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

DementiaEncarnate posted:

what's the arguments against crack?

huh? it's crack, it gets you high, seems fine to me

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

roffles posted:

I don’t understand this bet; unless it’s just a blatant attempt to pump the price of btc he might as well light a million bucks on fire.

crypto people are goddamn loving idiots, OP

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

i was a little loving nerdlet for history as a kid thanks to age of empires 1 and 2 so this tracks

i have a minor in Classics as a direct result of those games and me reading the manual over and over

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

This is dumb. The basis of materialism is that people are affected by their material circumstances. Thats literally all 'epigenetics' means: people are affected by material circumstances down to a cellular level. Environmental factors express themselves in your biology. Where do the environmental factors come from? What our society chooses to do. If you'd like to change epigenetic expressions of material circumstances, change the material circumstances. Its not complicated, theres no need to invoke mysticism

he doesn't know what epigenetics is, it's things that happen to DNA like methylation that can change gene expression, for some reason people started using it to try to refer to everything outside genetics for some odd reason, I blame libs

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

there are an average of 1,500 train derailments in the US every year. you're just hearing more about it now because of the Ohio incident last month. the media is capitalizing on the fact that the articles generate clicks, and absolute morons like you fall for it and think everything has started collapsing

"While recording 777 million train-kilometers in 2019 (train-kilometers are the measure of a train traveling the distance of one kilometer), 1,338 derailments took place in the country. The EU, by contrast, only saw seventy-three derailments that year despite, by one count, recording 4.5 billion train-kilometers. For Japan, the same year saw more than 2 billion train-kilometers, according to Knoema, and only nine derailments. (In fact, the number of derailments in Japan over the past twenty-one years alone is roughly one-eighth of the amount the United States sees on average in a single year)."

who's the absolute moron now? we've been collapsing for years

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what are the odds that these train derailments are just domestic terrorists finding out they can cause massive amounts of damage with like no exposure
just like with the power substations

0%, it's because freight companies own most of the tracks and spent all their money on stock buybacks instead of ya know fixing the tracks

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The Pittsburgh Pirates had a job opening for an analytics software developer, I looked into it and they paid ~$50K lmao

Nutting is a special piece of poo poo even compared to all the other pieces of poo poo in sports ownership, other teams pay much more

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

sullat posted:

Doesn't he own one of the Hawaiian islands as well? Well, probably only half of it now.

that's oracle founder Larry Ellison, he's currently kicking off all 3,000 of the soon to be former inhabitants

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Centrist Committee posted:

ok ok, cars shouldn’t be allowed on public property

cars, like guns, should be banned from private ownership, public gun ranges and race tracks where you can shoot or race whatever you want will be provided for entertainment purposes only

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

financial capitalism is not capable of building out the charging network required for mass EV adoption, in 20 years there will be deserts full of unsellable EVs just rotting because capital is unable to make any infrastructure anymore

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Shipon posted:

There isn't a (non poor) country on earth that doesn't have a sizeable automobile base, even places with the best public transit infrastructure like Tokyo or Amsterdam. Are you gonna keep those on combustion engines with all of the fossil fuel dependence and local air quality problems they entail?

switching them to EVs just shifts the fossil fuel dependence and local air quality problems to where they're built and where the metal for batteries is mined, plus half of the local air quality issues are the tiny pieces of rubber that fly off tires which EVs still have, the only way is to get rid of cars completely which we won't do til it's far too late so we're all just hosed

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Shipon posted:

Significantly less is not zero. What about delivery people? What are they gonna do, take a bunch of boxes with them on the train or bus?

all the delivery people in nyc use bikes or electric bikes, you're a loving idiot

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

Are either of these pittsburgh

Nope Pittsburgh is all hills there’s no grid at all cause that would be very dumb

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

RadiRoot posted:

average pay is $83,000 plus all the benefits you could ask for. seems good to me. is the police academy expensive? sign me up.

expensive? you get paid to go to the police academy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think the "hiring problems" are entirely because the police forces and every politician think throwing more cops at problems is the answer, so they are usually struggling to add 200 new cops to what is already a literal army.

I live in a major metro and commute through like 6 different police departments that scream about understaffing when there is a speed trap every mile and every traffic stop has 2+ cruisers because there are hundreds of them just sitting around trying to come up with reasons to charge people. Any time there is a crime like a shooting there are multiple helicopters and 60 cops there within 30 minutes.

As economic and social conditions deteriorate and more people turn to crime they just keep screaming for more cops. Our government thinks we just need more cops watching literally every person all the time to solve crime.

it’s all on purpose so capital will have an army of cops once things start breaking down more and even regular people get fed up and riot. nothing to do with crime or anything the rich are just building their praetorian guard up though history shows they don’t always listen so that’ll be fun