Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

ill come back to theaters when i can stop watching nicole kidman take off her klan hood to ooh and ahh at la la land, and not before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Transhuman Space was a great near future gurps solar sci-fi setting. Wish it would get a revival

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Oh yeah sid meier's alpha centauri had a gurps supplement that was p neat as well.

Yeah transhuman space is the hardish scifi setting set in 2100 with the United States and PRC slowly gearing up for the first interstellar war over he3 mining on jupiter. Its neat

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i am harry posted:

it also stole a big chunk of its video footage that plays when you get a world wonder built from a movie called Baraka

Yeah blew my mind way later when an arty friend showed me baraka in college. drat smac (and baraka i guess) owned

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Horizon Burning posted:

yeah i just took a look in there and that thread is god awful, people going 'lol the best thing about this is how i can get it to mimic my favorite artists'

p sure that post was a joke dog.
but yes the thread sucks

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Microplastics posted:

Why are they paying a dog sitter 127k for "utmost discretion". What are they doing to that dog

ill take the money, do yhe walks, pick up poo poo, give all the tummy scritches etc, but i do have some concerns

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

SlimGoodbody posted:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/elon-musk-says-xai-will-use-public-tweets-for-ai-model-training

It is March 2035. Another year with unpredictable freak occurrence super-weather, meaning that yesterday's hottest day in history has been followed by its coldest. You pee on the handle of your Tesla Cybertruck to melt the sheet of ice that prevents the thumbprint reader from allowing you access to your vehicle. Sitting in the confoundingly uncomfortable cab, you look at your phone and compare the exchange rates between Dogecoin, Pedobux, and the Kekistani Pinar, which Florida switched to in hopes of enticing Elon to rebuild a gigafactory after the previous one was sucked into a sinkhole.

You decide to liquidate 17.83% of your stake in the 1/600th of the NFT of Pantone #7A490B that you keep in your retirement portfolio to pay the Twitter app fee that starts your Cybertruck. It stings, as the royalties you received whenever anyone used that color was a big part of your rent on the 3/4 size SleepCoffin you can afford to rest in for 5 hours a night. After waiting a couple hours for the transfer and paying the costly conversion fee, you put the change into a long position on 62 pixels of a new Wendy's x McKinley Consulting Group collab NFT - "Civil Rights Leaders As Wendy's Famous Square Burgers". Only the brownish and yellowish pixels, though; the more attractive red and blue pixels are too expensive. Hopefully it does well and the returns can make up for the loss of your Pantone.

After an over-the-air update to the Tesla firmware stalls and fails, you manage to get it finished with a few reboots. You are several hours late to your shift at the Meta moderation sweatshop where you look at horrifying pictures of graphic violence and sexual exploitation to decide which look real (and thus illegal) and which ones were Al generated, and thus okay to stay posted in the Teletubbies Nostalgia group. It pays slightly worse than your second job as a training dummy for genetically engineered police dogs, but the only physically painful part is the harness that keeps you from blinking inside the Oculus Quest you have to wear to work in the digital real estate of the Metaverse Cyberoffice that exists at the same location.

The Cybertruck begins driving you to your shift - one of the half dozen locations you've leased vehicular travel privileges to with Twitter Brown - but you have to hit the emergency brake when its sensors detect a child on the sidewalk and it swerves to strike her at lethal speed. This confuses and angers the proprietary Tesla driving Al, which attempts to verbally respond, but its Twitter language model and Brand Suggestion language model begin fighting as its electronic mind schisms.

The last 13 seconds of your life is a cacophonous mixture of your car saying the n-word to you over and over at maximum volume while also trying to upsell you on a new payment plan for your clothing mortgage. The truck accelerates to maximum speed and bumps the curb with its tire, which naturally causes the vehicle to become instantly consumed by an inescapable, white hot chemical fire. You smile serenely. Yes, the coworkers who have been assigned as your next of kin by Meta will be responsible for the time left on your indenture, but at least it will no longer be your problem.

You are free.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

skooma512 posted:

Secret Aardvark is good hot sauce, made in the steamy jungles of Portland.

O man. Yeah. Havent had it in years but its great

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

people get so weird about spicy condiments

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

gonna be a frysauce guy

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

someone (xaris?) was posting the other day anout how good secret aardvark is and theyre right

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Yesterday a guy at work took me aside privately and said "I look at my life and think, what am I accomplishing? Is this who I really want to be? What impact are we having? Look at the state of the world. Is this really it? There has to be more to life than this right?"

The guy was the owner of my company.

r u michael clayton

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

wynott dunn posted:

I drink instant coffee because I hate myself

U can maks greek frappe w that poo poo

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

OhFunny posted:

A curse on day light saving time and those who invented it for making my 12 hour shift 13 hours tonight.

same

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Twerk from Home posted:

Where da movies at

Tubi Tubi Tubi

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

blatman posted:

i think if i was trying to break into the cereal market i'd instead go the direction of futurama bachelor chow

cheap, enough nutrition to avoid scurvy, can eat it for every meal

Now with flavor!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Glumwheels posted:

This sandwich was $9 and with a latte, the bill was $18 (not my picture).

This is why native PNWers are fed up and hate this place now. The influx of tech has ruined a good thing, not made it better.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=ht...807fb8827d0fa21

lmao

o wait i live herre

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm fine doing housekeeping and lawn care in exchange for $100/month rent. Childcare too, if I need to get a granny-nanny gig, which has also crossed my mind in a pinch.

I don't think I've adequately conveyed how earth-shattering it was to have been homeless nearing my 60th bday, especially since it was due to poo poo beyond my control (except maybe for trusting those I shouldn't have trusted). Things have gotten better since then, but I've also gotten older, and I have no family left, so when the money runs out so do I.

eta: this isn't a pity play; I'm perfectly fine going to lie down in the forest when it's my time. :angel:

This seems like the appropriate time for 'goonbucks' or wever its called

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ur a good poster willa. Keep on posting on

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

there are euro pizza crimes at least equal to this

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hardcore stoners are way more annoying than alcoholics from a roommate perspective

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Red Baron posted:

a stoner has never vomited on my couch and poo poo themselves

Fair but that concentrated instance of grossness is counter balanced by a slowly expanding zerg creep of smell and ash and food containers

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Abner Assington posted:

doing my part tonight by going after about a bottle and a half of red wine and some Detroit style pizza

god i love detroit style. No place around here does it afaik

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

uhh didnt really mean to start a serious discussion on whether its worse to be an alcoholic or very very into weed. i work with addicts of all stripes fwiw, compassion to all and everything in moderation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

does vidya games development count as computer touching? asking for a friend

If you have to ask...