Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So why is Solo packaged together with Roman and the Uso's aren't? If RAW drafted Judgement Day would they get Finn, Dominic, Priest and Rhea or would Rhea be separate because she's a champion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Current draft picks

1) Roman (w/ Heyman and Solo) stays at SD
2) Cody to RAW
3) Bianca to SD
4) Becky stays at RAW

5) Street Profits to SD
6) Imperium to RAW
7) Edge to SD
8) Matt Riddle to RAW

9) Lashley to SD
10) Drew to RAW
11) The OC (AJ, Michin, Sour Boy and Gallows) to SD
12) Miz to RAW

Seems to me that RAW isn't doing very good with their picks outside of Imperium and Cody.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Current draft picks

1) Roman (w/ Heyman and Solo) stays at SD
2) Cody to RAW
3) Bianca to SD
4) Becky stays at RAW

5) Street Profits to SD
6) Imperium to RAW
7) Edge to SD
8) Matt Riddle to RAW

9) Lashley to SD
10) Drew to RAW
11) The OC (AJ, Michin, Sour Boy and Gallows) to SD
12) Miz to RAW

13) DMG Ctrl to SD
14) Nakamura to RAW
15) Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn (Women's NXT Tag champs) to SD
16) Indi Hartwell (Women's NXT Champ) to RAW

Didn't Indi just gently caress up her knee or ankle on NXT last week?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480

Dunno if it got posted when it came up but the guy who does a podcast about the worst people imaginable is doing Vince McMahon episodes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1656120467265323008?s=20

BtB on Vince McMahon drops next week, Robert said on a Gamefully Unemployed guest spot that it's like 7 hours or some poo poo so it's probably a four part series of episodes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thepokey posted:

I did enjoy how horrified Robert Evans was while researching Vince. It's like, he knew it would be bad but half way through he was like "jesus loving christ..."

I just want to know what he was reading when he reacted like that, Vince is a goddamn madman but Robert researches literal war criminals for a living.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It's probably supposed to be a buckshot lariat thing where it feels like the flip should add more kinetic force despite physics not working that way. But when the other guy has to be in the ropes before you start the move it just adds too many steps and the match loses momentum.

Still, it could be a cool spot for a tag match. Your partner gets the other guy in the ropes and tags you in, you're already in position so you can go straight to doing a cool jumping suplex, it'd be a neat moment. But it's just weird in a singles match.

Yeah it's perfectly cromulent as a tag spot but doe not work in a singles match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Episode 1 is talking about the history of wrestling from the carny roots and finishes off talking about Fritz Von Erich and how he hosed up his children.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I just wanna say that it'll be extremely loving funny if Roman wins the tag titles at the Saudi show.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

SD spoiler for next week

Okay this could legit go both ways, either Roman wins every belt in existence or Sami & KO retain and then get beaten up for heat.

It will be extremely funny if the tag belts are held hostage by Roman and not defended.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamYeary15/status/1659979375448653828

Please tell me how this finish made it to air.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

You didn't make me tap out, you just broke my arm and I was too stubborn to tap out and passed out from the pain because I'm too insane to know when to quit.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I don't want to imagine Captain Cro-Magnon loving.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

They must have popped a rating when the loser that is weaker than Roman belt was revealed so they're running that poo poo into the ground..

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Do you think more people recognize Lou Albano as Mario from the Mario Bros Super Show than as a wrestler?

More people would recognise him from the Cindy Lauper music videos.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW WISH they had a story a quarter as good as the Bloodline

Ah hem, Miro vs God existed.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1673857488934797314 This is pretty lovely unless the Dyad are losing.

Are the GYV finally getting their release?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1675226241287487488?t=NBA8-XOrgS2Gu9hJ93yPpQ&s=19

Ahem, I'm sure that the safety police will have plenty to say about this disgusting bump.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Roman might have a chance of showing something of he wasn't wrestling the WWE/HHH style of punch, walk, punch, walk some more, REST HOLD

People went "oh he's actually pretty good in ring" when he got to just be a fast paced brawler with a handful of power moves so instead they turned him into a boring plodding guy that monologues during matches.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He’s so unbelievably slow

Which is weird because at one point he used to be a pretty explosive wrestler, I suspect that either his shameful back is letting him down or the WWE doesn't want him to wrestle in a way that could possibly get cheered.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1678941829830516737

So they're really going all in on bad dinner theatre.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Hirez posted:

Which one would you not be embarrassed to wear even in your own house, alone.

The Answer: Bunny's Shirt

Wrestling shirts are generally embarrassing but it's honestly adorable how they think that this poo poo makes Roman look cool.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jiro posted:

What ever happened to Robert Roode? I always liked his entrance.

Neck fusion surgery.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So, to recap:

Jimmy turns on Roman
Jimmy convinces Jey to turn on Roman
The Usos defeat Roman
Roman destroys Jimmy Uso
Jimmy Uso turns on Jey in favor of Roman

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Drakkel posted:

They're really just gonna go through every possible combination of Bloodline members betraying each other at this point aren't they

I can't wait for Roman to cost Roman the title in his match with Roman.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lid posted:

Japan's courts have a 99% conviction rate if you want to know what sort of conservatism we're dealing with. Shits hosed. Hell Shinzo got assassinated and most of the populace ended up going "hey the assassin was right our government has been infiltrated"

And even then you gotta wonder if the "hey the assassin was right" people in Japan would have agreed if the Moonies weren't Korean.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Intruder posted:

who did slapjack vote for

Slapjack actually doesn't understand the concept of voting and just draws dicks on the ballot.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Intruder posted:

nothing good? did you forget he was in the greatest match ever?

Was that the match where Meltzer said that he'd rather get waterboarded?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

jesus gently caress, condolences to his family and friends.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Like I know we've goofed on the Uncle Howdy poo poo, but Bray Wyatt was one of the most captivating wrestlers of his generation. He could have an entire arena eating out of the palm of his hand.

God, I started watching wrestling because of how cool the Wyatt Family were. Now the only one left is Rowan :(

It feels like a week ago we were getting reports that his health was on the improve.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

The Terry Funk references they did do in that episode, with Cody doing the egg-sucking dog line and the Brawling Brutes doing the ladder spin spot got absolute dead silence. WWE hasn't spent their time cultivating an audience that knows anything about Terry Funk anyway.

Meanwhile Eddie or Mox will absolutely find a ladder somewhere and do the spin to a huge pop.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

For WWE standards the Bray stuff there was as good a tribute as you can expect from them imo

I think it would have probably been for the best to do the tribute video and a couple of video packages on Smackdown and to announcer that RAW will be the Bray Wyatt tribute episode. Instead of trying to do something like the Terry Funk memorial tag match which the WWE is absolutely incapable of doing something worthy of his memory.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The line about how Bray and Brodie should have been doing Wyatt Family spots in high school gyms in their 70s just gets me every time.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Wait, Aldis is only 36? I thought he'd be early 40s.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

It's rough because Cheerleader Melissa in an Arab panic gimmick is probably more offensive than anything on that Raw but Christian vs AJ would be leaps and bounds the best match on either show

Cheerleader Melissa in an Arab panic gimmick and Sheik Abdul Bashir with the plane crashing sound which was the stinger for his theme.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

When you get Neal McDonough to play M. Bison for your awful Chun Li movie, who are you to tell him he can't play Bison as Irish. From what I've heard, the movie is chock-full with bizarre performances like that, like the director gave everybody a Macho Man Promo amount of cocaine and had them brainstorm their ideas for their characters.

For some reason Vega was acting like he's actually super ugly and that's why he wears the mask which is counter to his characterization in every other Street Fighter property.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Big Vinny V was not impressed by Payback. Watch others grade it on a curve and say "yes everything was long and boring but the WWE didn't do anything horribly offensive so 7 outta 10"

https://twitter.com/VincentVerhei/status/1698175025189388581

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

Nakamura don't got it no more and I'm sad about it. :(

He's sadly cooked and has been for a while now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1698178043544580331

Seth is so done. He's one of their younger main eventers and is still absolutely washed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Grizzled Young Vets finally got their release 4 or 5 months after they requested it.