Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Hilarious that management presented how much people online wanted him to win as a bad thing to Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

How much money are they making off these tees? The only wrestling tee I'd randomly see irl is still Bullet Club and if it's WWE stuff, it's going to be t-shirts from the Attitude Era. I live in Southeast Asia though, a lot of folks are still stuck in an Attitude Era bubble wrestling-wise.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Why does that tweet talk about that moment like Brock broke kayfabe instead of it just being a planned moment lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

To be fair, WWE is extremely bad at cultivating talent. No one knew Batista had it in him to be the best wrestler-turned-actor out there because he just didn't have a lot of captivating material to work with in the Fed.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Drakkel posted:

Looking at all the people in the replies talking about how much they love that song makes me wonder if these people only consume music through WWE Theme Songs....

Just like how they only consume wrestling through WWE.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Vandar posted:

They don't even try to hide how much they're sweetening the audio.

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1698868138744422783

You can fuckin' hear where it loops, and you can see the audience isn't reacting or doing anything at all.

Having watched what real heat sounds like on AEW, this is such bad crowd sweetening lol. Dom could at least pretend to react to imaginary boos instead of occasionally turning his head around awkwardly.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1701407390208315449

Interesting attendance number to throw out there

Lmao

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Why does the Rock sound so comically fake when he's doing the humble thing lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Sometimes part of a wrestler's appeal is in their name, Jaida Parker ain't gonna be as over as Jade Cargill lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Intruder posted:

if you look at the book it's based on the movie is significantly less interesting so a perfect m night movie

M Night Shyamalan somehow made the movie's ending super Christian despite not being a Christian.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

KungFu Grip posted:

its so loving funny seeing this dork kiss her rear end since she's joined since he's been a big hater of her the whole time in aew. at least keep being a hater lmao

This is just the way of the drone. I've got a real life friend who's exactly like this upon hearing Jade is joining WWE.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

She's really in the WWE family now that even her husband is welcoming her to the family.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

WWE could bungle Jade's booking from the start and WWE fans would still insist it's good and better than her time with AEW. So who cares really.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

What's the median age of WWE's developmental? Lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s a great show, often as good as, if not better than, Dynamite (it’s miles better than Rampage and Collision) but the cyclical chuckle-fucks here who haven’t watched WWE since 2019 (but still post here for some reason!???) won’t give it the time of day. It’s a real shame, there’s a great wrestling show on every week and just because it’s called WWE they scoff. Their loss methinks :shrug:

Lol

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Cody is an authority figure in NXT now? Lmao.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Wait, did they spend all 30 minutes of their commercial-free, uninterrupted quarter on the Cody segment? Lmao.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

My fedbrained friend thinks the same lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Why are they making these seemingly innocuous AEW references? At least insult your competitor if you're going to randomly reference them.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

WWE fans really can't be trusted with gauging what's good or bad anymore huh. Not the actual wrestling, not the promos, not the storylines, not anything.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

It being lifeless, rehearsed, quiet is what makes it good. That's what workers are supposed to do.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

You know someone's a true WWE fan when they use the phrase "heatless bangers" as an insult earnestly.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

fart blood posted:

And he (or Brandi) hates Tony Khan

Where did you get this from?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I regretted reading the actual complaint...it's horrific beyond belief. I don't understand how anyone can still watch the product at this point and earnestly use the usual talking points as justification.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

How many WWE wrestlers will feign ignorance about Vince's well-documented history of being a piece of poo poo after this?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I do not think the crowd still going to the Royal Rumble will give one iota of a poo poo

Word. A reminder that the WWE crowd chanted "Thank you Vince" the first time this came out sans the sordid details.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

delightful posted:

I'm just saying there are hard working loving professionals who stand to lose a lot whose only guilt is working for the same company, not direct association with Vince.

Their guilt is that they willingly work for a company that's enabled a rapist to do horrible crimes without any repercussions for decades despite knowing all about it, op.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lol @ innocent families watching Rumble.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

some bust on that guy posted:

Eh, I've hated Vince and known he was a piece of poo poo for decades and watched for the wrestlers despite him. He's worse than we all thought but I've still watched it despite hating him for 25 years. I'm watching

Weird flex.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Ganso Bomb posted:

Time for the press conference where the journalists will surely ask the hard questions!

Hausman will ask yet another female talent how they felt about Vince's allegations instead of asking Papa H if he was Corporate Officer #1.

Long-Time Lurker fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 28, 2024

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lmao @ Cody's answer. loving cult.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

MasterSitsu posted:

Cody is not an executive and spoke in terms of what talent can do to hold each other accountable. It was absolutely fine and addressed the specific question he was asked.

Cody also somehow spun it into a pro-WWE thing with the whole "We are family, we don't fight unlike other places" bit, what a loving cult.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Sex Farm posted:

What exactly does Triple H bring to the table anyway?

Somehow convinced WWE fans the product is good now.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Your average drone probably thought Papa H handled things well.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

The Taxman posted:

One look at the comments will tell you that

Or that the accusations are clearly false

Or LOOK HE LOOKS LIKE GRANDPA

or "Best Royal Rumble Ever 😎"

But mostly talking about the Rock

Took a quick look at Twitter, Fed stans seem to think Papa H talking about how much money they're making when asked about Vince is an own on journalists lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

MasterSitsu posted:

You're so certain every talent knew all this poo poo, acting like Cody cast the deciding vote on a disciplinary board, while having a delusional understanding of how the ultra-weathy operate when in situations like this. Succession is a cartoon and yet more realistic than what's in your head.

Every talent did know all about this poo poo. C'mon now lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

He definitely knew about Vince being a well-documented monster. JR too, and any other former WWE talent who were with them for any significant amount of time.

Even the average wrestling fan knows that WWE has done some really, really heinous poo poo—be it involving Vince directly or not. I'd be hard-pressed to believe there's a talent out there who signed with the company completely ignorant of its dark history.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lord Of Texas posted:

I am not defending anyone, but to have this take, you have to have never worked in a large company. I've worked at multiple companies around WWE size, and you only know about the C-levels what they want you to know. The ancient greeks knew more about the happenings in Mt. Olympus. At my current workplace major happenings are almost always broken to staff via public release. We don't know poo poo.

Just to clarify, I meant generally—everyone knew Vince was the most monstrous in an industry full of monsters and that WWE in itself is a shady organisation. I think saying someone didn't know about the full extent of the recent allegation as a defence for them working with the monster is pretty weak when it's already established the monster is a monster way before that.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

There is a difference between 'everyone knew the details of this case' and 'everyone knew the culture is abusive'. everyone knew the culture was abusive.

Basically, this.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

MasterSitsu posted:

I agree with this. But even messages ago people are insisting a vast majority of talent saw the pictures and knew the details. It's insane.

Did people really say that? I'm pretty sure no one was implying talents and staffers knew specific details of this case, just that Vince is an established piece of poo poo and so is WWE so it shouldn't come off as a shock to Cody or whomever when it turned out Vince is indeed a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Shard posted:

the sad fact of the matter is that not as many people like good wrestling as like a wwe show. And I don't know if that will ever change

WWE has brainwashed their fans into thinking good wrestling is bad wrestling. Unless some iota of that good wrestling appeared on WWE that is, then it's proof that WWE is good wrestling, e.g. my Fedpilled friend used to poo poo on chop spots but then Walter joined the main roster and suddenly dude was a chop connoisseur.