Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my napkin math for radicalizing others in 40-50 person workplace:

Imagine you took home $250,000 each year. That's not "literally buy anything you want anytime" money, but it's more than enough for someone to live comfortably just about anywhere in the world. Now imagine if all 45 of us here made that much, and we pooled it all together every single year for 50 years. After all of that we would wind up with about half a billion dollars. And there's people out there worth tens and now hundreds of billions.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

social media balkanization ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

genuine question does 4chan still exist? someone told me a while ago that the ownership was trying to keep down the nsfw stuff to make the site more advertiser friendly since that worked out so well for tumblr

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

love the truck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao he plays the bad class and with bad stats (I'm assuming)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Air Force general is a crazy religious nut? wow what a shocker

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_mg0F7Gfqs

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmfao "all the white people think it's more important to be able to say whatever they want" like it's some kind of revelation

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

what happened was the UAW changed their profile pic so they automatically lost the blue check since they manually review that so you don't impersonate drug makers and cause them to lower their prices

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raldikuk posted:

You should be looking for car brands younger than 100 years old my dude

yeah he's saying all the popular car brands are over 100 years old except for Tesla

and also except for Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Kia....

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nenonen posted:

my man that's literally what 'getting off the hook' means!

huh I always assumed it was a fishing metaphor

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

love that the specific ads that he's complaining about are for loving CBD gummies

like dude everyone's aunt and grandma got on that train years ago how is that what crosses the line

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the milk machine posted:

do ytou ever feel like regular pants are just too difficult in which to Jack Off?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the milk machine posted:

covertly spreading my legs and opening the crotch of my Jack Off Pants in order to expose my entire dicks balls and taint while i start to Jack Off

lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Good news:
CBRTRKKKK no longer the ugliest car in the world.

Bad News:
The Tesla-Killer has entered the room.

https://twitter.com/levanrami/status/1738127322807439475

what happened to that Kalashnikov electric car that looked like a classic mid-century sedan?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i have a friend who's a big simulation theory guy and it just seems like creationism with extra steps. instead of god making the universe, he makes a computer that makes the universe. so what, don't change how mustard tastes.

I forget which Iain Banks novel it was but there's a sci fi religion with the belief that the universe is a simulation and so the goal of the religion is to get everyone in the universe to accept that it's a simulation which would theoretically make any data drawn from the simulation invalid

basically believing that there is an absent omnipotent being that designed everything and choosing to spite them and their grand design

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

those quotes:

:discourse:

you left off the best part from that last quote

quote:

Lundeen said he was so shocked by the manager’s frank explanation of Tesla’s part failures that he wrote it down: “All I can tell you,” the Tesla manager said, “is we’re not a 100-year-old company like GM and Ford. We haven’t worked all the bugs out yet.”

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

genuinely thought Japan would be higher on the list but apparently it's something that's actually been improving over the last 10-15yrs?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna go ahead and assume there isn't a Mrs. Teen Crypto 2015

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lid posted:

Adolf Hitler secretly a Strasserite.

now this is horseshoe theory

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I’m sure i said this at the time of the Twitter purchase, but anyone savvy likes Delaware because Delaware effectively created a “federal” corporate law by making a straightforward but sophisticated body of corporate law, setting up a special court of corporate law disputes with experienced judges focused solely on business and having those judges hear and decide cases on such law (most states have business laws that have never actually been fully litigated to a judicial decision in any relevant way). Delaware has also cultivated mass adoption through low fees and franchise taxes.

Delaware is predictable, and predictable is what the (business) people want. Delaware is also deferential, meaning they generally Delaware wont rip up your contracts and save for special cases defers to the business judgement of company boards and execs. This is also what the (business) people want. Because these aren’t disputes with one rich guy, these are disputes with rich guys out the rear end on all sides and all levels.

Because of how predictable and deferential the environment is, you have to be a total idiot to get repeatedly owned like Musk has in Delaware. Like everything else he touches, he’s completely out of his depth and flailing around like a child here.

it's really funny too because executive compensation is one of those things that's usually seamless because everyone involved is on the same team, and so they have a facade of a negotiation to then say "yep we argued it out and this is what we all agree is the fairest compensation"

the only reason this is going this way is because Elon decided to pay himself a bajillion dollars and Tesla's such a cult of personality that they couldn't even pretend to negotiate on it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

OPINION: "What’s irritating about Musk as we head into the 2024 election is that he could be an important voice. Not for Democrats, necessarily, but for the institutions of American democracy that made him possible," writes Michael Ian Black.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-ian-black-elon-musk-makes-me-hate-myself-for-loving-my-tesla

still love the car tho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

please stop posting these.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Karach posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Gronk

San Miguel's father, Jake San Miguel, who claims to have master-planned his son's life prior to his birth, trained him for a career in the National Football League (NFL) while the boy was still in elementary school, micromanaging his diet and exercise. Due to his size, San Miguel was nicknamed "Baby Gronk" in honor of football player Rob Gronkowski. Wanting for him and his son to go viral, Jake, a digital marketer, promoted his son's football skills online, leading to him amassing a large social media following in the early 2020s. Jake frequently shepherded his son across the country, meeting with high-profile celebrities and universities.

lmfao

quote:

In response to the pushback, Jake dismissed his critics as "haters." When questioned on the criticism he received following the incident, Jake attributed it to older generations being out of touch, stating "It's a new era, it's a new generation ... The people that are normally jealous of us is kinda older. They just don't get it. The times have changed – Elon Musk about to move us to Mars."

Elon Musk the patron saint of poo poo dads

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gorson posted:

Describe Elon Musk to someone who has never heard of him (tragic!!) without using FTW.

the Hattori Hanzo of memesmiths

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so what's the big bogeyman for Japanese right wingers?

non-Japanese people, same as it ever was

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I do love how, yet again, something that people assume is completely automated is actually humans in third world countries being paid slave wages to actually do all the upkeep and posting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Don't tell her how phone keyboards work (when I hold e the first option is ę)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

őh fũck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I use water on my car

warranty voided

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Smythe posted:

i read the thread hes quoting and for a guy who has a masters in political science from berkeley and purports to be a student of political philosophy his posts are not only indicative of having read precisely zero political thought but he makes a bunch of boneheaded statements and uses vernacular that stink of high school civics / reddit. really bizarre.

there's lots of real good quotes to roast musk and his destruction of twitter from the canon of political thought lol, especially frankfurt school and postmodern people, who presciently spoke on these matters seemingly directly; yet he employs an animal farm reference - the 7th grade summer reading list.

hosed up

wow are you trying to tell me that someone Twitter employed as a Director for Civic Integrity is actually a loving moron? crazy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

sorry but this thread is about X the everything app

I will accept my probe for deadnaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Smythe posted:

im really just wondering how fast this thing is losing money and where that big stack of cash came from. i doubt elon is torching his own fortune to keep it afloat. maybe he is?

twitter was one of many tech companies that could only exist as it did with infinite free govt loans, and to be perfectly honest did not need a staff of thousands and thousands of people to run an intentionally minimalist website. Elon fired like 80% of the employees when he bought it and that cut their costs by a staggering amount. I have no doubt that he can keep the website afloat more or less indefinitely if he really wanted to

granted, adding a bazillion new features to make the website the everything app will drag things down but data and hosting is cheap as gently caress compared to dealing with poo poo in the physical meat dimension