Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
my luck with this game in comparison to genshin is pretty dang good, despite the starter banner giving me bailu (still use her though.)

lost jingliu’s 50/50 on welt, and i love welt very much, he hasn’t left my party once. still got jingliu in the end and an e6 sampo/qq. standard banner pity gave me bronya. 35 pulls for topaz got me her, some guinaifens and some lukas — literally everything i wanted out of the banner. drawback is not having any materials to get folks leveled good

since i didn’t play until ps5 dropped, i don’t have blade, jing yuan or the cooler dan heng though. little salty about that. saving my first time top-up bonuses praying for reruns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i already love running DOT without kafka, so it’s paining me to know i’ll have to skip huohuo as a fu xuan/luocha-less ps5 player.

nobody has silverwolf set as a support for some reason, so i can’t ever borrow her.

the jingliu+blade combo is also very good. dr ratio is there too.

i currently have 40 tickets and a delusion that i won’t have to open my wallet. it’ll work itself out.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

Every patch gives a free 10 pull, plus the jade you get from various events and chests in new areas, plus your dailies. It's pretty trivial to guarantee a 5 star every patch.

I'm saving for Blade and maybe his light cone. 1.5 will be the first patch I skip completely.

but why one 5 star when all four (maybe five if i cave with huohuo) will do

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
stumbled upon dr ratio’s animations. i lied earlier about everyone else, i’m all in on this goofball. hope he doesn’t suck!

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Izzhov posted:

borrow mine UID 602240868

drat i appreciate it. one of these days, i’ll build my other units enough to take welt off my support. only unit that’s “good enough” is guin, but since there’s a new DOT set out… back at square one!

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
the ghost singing in the background of the dialogue starting bailu’s event sidequest has made me so irrationally angry

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I already have Ruan Mei and I'm tempted to pull for her E1, which I don't usually do with 5 stars. Her E1 gives 20% DEF shred to the entire team for the duration of her ultimate. Seems like a pretty insane upgrade.

this is what i’m fighting with right now, except i’m a struggling nihility main that started with the ps5 release, so i’d “need” kafka and black swan. and there’s dr ratio’s light cone, aventurine, gallagher. all i have is 70 tickets and as many delusions

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

I think Gallagher is a 4 star? So far, the only Penacony character I'm interested in is Sam, and hopefully, Screwllum.

Though I haven't ruled out Sparkle yet, and I want to know more about this Firefly girl.

that’s what i heard too but 4* males that i can help to max out is males. luka and sampo are e6 and gallagher will be too if that’s the case. my necessity for black swan takes up any interest in sparkle (for now) — even though i have an inkling sparkle will be a more interesting character.

i’m very interested in screwllum down the line but less so sam, couldn’t tell you why. too busy punching the air about sunday and duke inferno

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m going to pick yanqing on purpose during my standard selector if i don’t get spooked soon because i already have welt and gepard :unsmigghh: i also have bronya

in other more than likely related news, i’m trying to figure out if i’m genuinely just that bad at the game or if my account is just significantly behind because i started close to the end of the first half of 1.4. i think it’s both. i can’t even get to the conundrum levels in g&g because i rely too much on curio rng at all times

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

PatentPending posted:

I can’t get past like level 2 in either special SU mode, and I’ve just made my piece with that. I’ll get there eventually; for g&g I just can’t be bothered to engage with the dice but maybe I’ll be really bored some weekend and actually get it done. It doesn’t go away so I’m not feeling any pressure to do it.

i want to be like you, but the fact that i know i could pass swarm and g&g with the right curio setup that never shows up for some reason chaps my rear end

starting with jingliu and bumbling into topaz, huohuo, ruan mei AND blade is preventing me from building the good 4* supports i need to pass harder content. i am starved of every single resource, always. let them gently caress around and rerun luocha and jing yuan along with a new 5* male support and aventurine. it’s a never-ending cycle

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
scholar bathwater and kafka secured. still have 20 pulls leftover for the black swan/aventurine fund

ratio took every last piece of my credits so i genuinely can’t build kafka for quite a while but, considering guin+ruan mei melt SU/swarm/g&g bosses’ first phase in half at worst or completely at best, i’ll be excited for the shenanigans when i can

i don’t know if it’s just because of how i have guinaifen built but ruan mei makes her technique completely busted though, i love it

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

Wait till you find out the Dr. Ratio x Aventurine ship name

the push to rename it is some no fun allowed kind of poo poo

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

the guy topaz was calling at the end of her story quest. theres a few mentions of him in game.

pun unintended, i’m waiting to see where the dice rolls on him being kaeya with terrible fashion sense personality-wise

… gently caress, i hope the hat comes off

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
well whaddya know, i AM hilariously bad at this game. failed the buff deer with a B on manual and cleared with an SS on auto with the same drat team. humbling

Traveller posted:

Dudes have boobs and someone at Mihoyo wants people to keep that in mind (see also: Ratio, Dragon Dan)

and blade and sampo and luka’s sideboob. honorable mentions to al haitham, kaeya, kaveh, heizou and kevin. you could argue for billy kid. probably more that i’m forgetting. there is a very dedicated male tit appreciator at that company

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

And the special program should be this Friday? I can't wait to get confirmation on the reruns.

i’m hoping it’s dhil for one of them so i can feel okay about skipping for aventurine. i will not hold strong if it’s jing yuan or luocha

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

I already have Jing Yuan. I just want his light cone.

i do not have jing yuan. starting at 1.4 was a mistake for a rapidly expanding multitude of reasons but especially for a male-collecting gimmick

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i wonder what it is about the auto system that flat out refuses to make huohuo heal when the whole team is at critical hp. it happens often enough for me to have to turn auto off on her turns to heal

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

boob window

more importantly: no hat

i swear to god if his model officially releases with the hat, i’ll write a strongly worded sentence in his version’s survey

Bad Video Games posted:

"Go on, use me how you wish..." :heysexy:

if this was a battle voiceline, a great team could be built with him and jing yuan

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

oh my god Gallagher and Aventurine. :swoon:

to the point where i might just abandon finishing my very invested nihility team and skip black swan

blizzardvizard posted:

Also Gallagher's old and new leaks say he's inflicting a debuff that increases Break DMG taken so he doesn't give BE to the party per se

i’m going to have to look at these leaks because if that’s applied to his technique, i could have the funniest ruan mei/guinaifen SU boss clears

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
4 stars that i have at e6 on jing yuan’s banner with aventurine around the corner… i’m sorry, general

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i got arlan for the first time on the light cone banner. i mean swan’s lc come a few pulls later but it’s funny that happened

i’ve only lost one 50/50 since starting this game on ps5 launch and i’ve pulled on every banner except argenti’s. it’s happening on aventurine’s banner, i just know it is.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

So after 50 pulls, I got:

-E0 Misha: good!
-E0-2 Guinafen: great!
-E6 Luka: :geno:

and

-E4 Yanqing :argh:

I swear to god Hoyo just give me anyone but him. That would have been a good pull otherwise!

man i’ll take that e6 luka, mine has been stuck at e3 for the longest and i love the little bugger (despite not doing dick for damage. just won’t build right)

anyway, bringing black swan to pure fiction sure is stupid!! i think there were four actual moves made between all four units of my dot team while arcana just kept popping off from her technique

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

lol I would if I could. I don't have an issue with Luka or anything like that, I just haven't found a spot for him yet and he's not built. I kinda sorta started a while back but got distracted when I got Ruan Mei, and just never got back to him. Plus, I also have E6 Sushang and she's a wrecking ball when it comes to dealing Physical damage, so I haven't really felt the need to get him up to speed

i’ve run the nihility path in g&g with break luka and ruan mei and it’s pretty drat good for cutting boss phases by a third. i still prefer guin+mei since guin builds easier and deals way more consistent damage (to me anyway), but he’s honestly alright. i’d love to see what he can do at e6 with her

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
finally getting around to the story after getting swan’s e1 and building her and sampo a bit more. still far from done though — it feels like it takes so long to build characters here.

between the option of constantly microaggressing the pepeshi and sparkle just full mask-off “you people”ing aventurine, this sure is one hell of a patch

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Sparkle besmirched the name of my good friend Sampo and for that she must be kept from my account.

she gave my boy aventurine a 2-piece racism/slut-shaming combo and i’ll never forgive her :colbert:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Traveller posted:

Aventurine works for the Space IMF and therefore has no moral high ground whatsoever :colbert:

look, gun to my head, if i had to choose between a capitalist and a racist and it doesn’t intersect for once…

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Selenephos posted:

She’s also racist to Sunday and in her leaked voice lines for her she talks about how she finds political correctness and society dictating what you can and can’t find funny or acceptable is a bigger joke than anything she does.

So yeah, she’s not a very pleasant person.

devs zoning in on the racist blade meme a little too hard i see

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m in the minority i guess with puzzle-chat, because i don’t care for penacony’s. loved the ones on the luofu a lot though, i miss them

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
if i have 60 tickets saved now, surely i’ll have enough for e2s1. surely i won’t get scammed the entire time on both banners

always bet on aventurine

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

FZeroRacer posted:

aventurine's kit has incredibly good numbers and a broken E1, i don't think he survives the beta without getting tapped

shut up they’ll hear you

i’ve drudged up 80 pulls for him so far, knowing full well i need but am skipping sparkle, acheron and fu xuan, plus i’m already pissed that he’ll be at the back end of the patch

don’t ruin this for me

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i don’t know if it’s a ps5 thing or what, but the dialogue mixing in penacony quests is crazy low and the sfx are loud as hell for some reason. like i genuinely couldn’t hear a goddamn thing black swan was saying at one point of the companion quest because the npc monster’s wings flapping was overtaking her

doesn’t happen anywhere else. weird as hell

Meowywitch posted:

god Cocona's story is actually kind of triggering me

did we need three different quests about a person's eternal misery that leads said person to attempt suicide in the same patch?

I can't wait till we blow this place up

i started it after putting it off for so long over aventurine grinding because of this post. my reaction of “drat, relatable” is some duality of man’s existential depression poo poo. though to be fair, my misery immersion was made very absurd by the cartoon clock

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

tbf he only said '100% NPC' in the context of shes not the 4* for the next patch, i believe? theres been other characters who were introduced as NPCs and then became playable a fair bit later, like xueyi. her model looks too detailed for just an NPC i feel like

hoyoverse female character wearing pants: about a 90% “no shot” for playability. it is a very nice model though, so who knows

i’m still waiting on something to happen to arlecchino

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m praying to god boothill either dies or has a poo poo kit or something. hoyo can’t keep milking me like this

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m weak and pulled kind of hoping to lose the 50/50 to guarantee aventurine. what i didn’t want was a c1 bailu though

100 pulls left for the small gambler man with what amounts to a full patch to save more. looking alright! :unsmith:

edit: every last one of those fuels is going towards aventurine too. thanks for the reparations dummy

MNSNTZR fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 29, 2024

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i hosed around and ended up with e2s1 sparkle because i borrowed one with built speed/energy and it was pretty silly with blade and bronya :negative: so i may end up not doing aventurine’s e4.

i’m going to need some sort of official news about sunday and boothill’s rarities before aventurine’s banner is done

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1767762835495440773

Holy loving poo poo

I didn't expect him to be this early though

if i knew posting enough about him was going to manifest a drip marketing jumpscare like this, i would have been done it. i skipped argenti and won’t build clara so i need a physical dps with my luka :roboluv:

do a luocha rerun and sunday drip next

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MNSNTZR posted:

do a luocha rerun next

gently caress it 5 star emanator sampo

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

In a cruel twist of fate, he ends up an Emanator of Harmony because Aha thought it'd be funny

played like a fiddle. i need a male harmony like i need luocha for the all-male mono-imaginary team i’m absolutely going to run for fun he and aventurine come

meaning not at all but it is also funny

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i ended up with two of acheron’s light cones in one 10 pull. who else could use this loving thing because i’m not s2ing an e0 character :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

I put my dupe on Welt, now he's powerful.

great! i’ve been meaning to build welt for my eventual mono-imaginary team.

with boothill’s stuff being out there, i’m just waiting for… anything about sunday and i can plan accordingly.