Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

another C-SPAM success story

oldmine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Buck Wildman posted:

the main thing I remember about ff15 was you could mod your own songs into the car radio and it was like "ACT 2 - OVERCOMING DESPAIR" or something and it was raining and they were all driving in grim silence and the whole time in da club was blasting out of the stereo

having a sad? lemme just interrupt the anime to crowbar in a loving commercial for some egregiously bad product placement.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Xaris posted:

i don't know which is worse: being trolled by IGN's pcgamer dot com or that it sounds like an extremely blizzard thing to do

guess it depends on whether you always parse completely absurd strings of insane gibberish as "wow these people are deranged!!!" and not consider an alternative like "someone's having a goof"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I blame US occupation of Japan personally

more specifically it was the US leaving fascists in control, and giving them everything they asked for in postwar reconstruction. because it turns out ["we want all the technology and power that advanced nations got from the industrial revolution but none of the social progress, and prefer an anachronistic society that stays as backward as possible and never leaves the medieval era"] is a recipe for some really hosed up things

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

sorry we've been trained to expect a good option and an evil option only

what about two options that are presented as if they're supposed to be good-vs-evil but if you follow the implications for like half a second both options resolve to a single shitlib "status quo, only slightly worse" outcome?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Augus posted:

you sure are overreacting a lot to people rightfully calling dated transphobic humor stupid and lame

maybe some people think "no, it's intentionally made to be stupid kitsch trash with catchy music" is a brilliant defense that automatically invalidates the opinion of anyone who objects to some of its content?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

any takes on Everspace 1? I played through some of the sequel and thought it was pretty good, but the first one is on sale and I'm wondering if it's also good enough for a pick-up

everspace was decently good and fun, but not really amazing in any particular way. haven't tried 2 since my ancient computer barely runs any recent games.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Do the both of you think beastiality should be represented more? Do you support beastiality?

it's possible to find [people excessively freaking about thing] amusing without automatically having to support or like [thing] you know.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you think beastiality should be represented more? Do you support beastiality?

no and no, QED bitch

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Whirling posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedleWtFIJ8

Interesting video that shows that Fallout 1 and 2 really aren't big on choices and consequences in the way modern RPGs think of them; as the guy making this says, in Fallout 2 there are correct choices (doing the good thing and getting good rewards and XP for it) and contrarian rear end in a top hat choices (sabotaging everyone for the love of the game).

yeah fallout2 came out several years before the whole ["your choices *matter*"] idiom came about and writers started showing the downstream consequences of player decisions reflected in-game. F2 the most resolution you get for quests is a different line of dialogue like "well I guess my turd farm is safe from raiders for now" and then you leave and never have any reason to return to that area afterward, so why bother updating NPCs or whatnot

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ended up picking up caves of qud, very fun game but i have died in the first 5 minutes of all my runs

git qud

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

sebmojo posted:

isn't that how every season ends

'rift and sky beams' is about as exciting as 'gun that shoots bullets' in 2023

yeah you might as well do a hacking minigame to unlock a box of turds, or rearrange disney coffee mugs on a shelf to activate some ancient technological thingy what glows indigo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Everyone just gonna see this one where a dude is drinking his own breast milk and not even comment? The rest of these were stupid but comprehensible but this one is just deranged.

Edit:

Like I'm giggling at it but its the sort of giggle you make when you realize you're in a room with an actual lunatic.

that's what hoots actually looks like

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

what about Trailrunner and it's about bicycles

rock climbing simulator, but octodad control scheme

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

indigi posted:

gently caress this is so complicated

it probably depends on how stupid your question is and whether you lead with with "can any of you imbeciles tell me how to complete the tutorial?"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

You are both jealous you do not have a game you enjoy as much as I do.

maybe if you'd timg your vastly oversized twitter screenshots then people wouldn't poo poo on you as much for having to scroll past 15 pages of irrelevant garbage every time you post or someone quotes you

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm not anti-mod. I'm saying they aren't the panacea goons have convince themselves. It is a crutch.

yea it's easy for mods to make a bad game less-bad but it's a lot harder to make a fundamentally mediocre game actually good

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Al! posted:

the way i do it, it does

Power Word: Lube

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Also like two weeks ago some aids mod issued a mod challenge because he posted fortnite ftw or whatever lol

"because he posted fortnite ftw" and not because he spams every inconsequential fortnite update whenever he's not spamming pointless contrarian bullshit. sure.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

have you been enjoying any games?

yeah, Noita owns but I can enjoy it without feeling the compulsion to flood the thread with fullscreen HD screenshots of boring tweets

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Xaris posted:

im gunna play a game adn you can't stop me

persuade

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

If there's not a big fancy space sledgehammer I'm gonna be pissed. I'd settle for a Torgue build but I want the good stuff at my time of life.

how about a fisting grenade that lets you punch 30 dudes at once

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

bullshit why do people even care about this game

it's like they're playing the early access version before slabbers complete the game by giving you a list of checkboxes so you can combine the Fat Dong W/Venus Flytrap and the Tentacleussy with your 7-Titty Body

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

Top 5 things I feel like are just dipped that they should not have done:
1. The boost pack skill is absolutely mandatory given that theres no space car and i cant believe they gate it and make you do a bunch of skill challenges and dump 4 levels into it before traversal becomes even slightly tolerable
2. are you kidding me with these skills that just give you access to outpost buildings
3. unable to craft med packs or ammo.
4. cant upgrade a gun with good mods and legendary effects to the better prefix tiers (eg you get a sweet shotgun but its not Advanced so you cant ever improve it and its deprecated by any white item from your own level once you hit 25 or so)
5. ship creator has parts locked to specific locations that you cant buy for your outpost construction pad or otherwise 'bank' so you have to shuttle between five locations over and over if you want to have all the most interesting bits, particularly since these bits are largely cosmetic like cool lookin' hab or bridge idgi; plus you cant pick where doors and ladders go, no stairs, and if you modify a ship anything you had loose inside it goes into storage so you cant really live in a ship and decorate it unless you never modify it again what the f

okay but what if you could pay $50 for a dlc that adds a sapient NFT who gives you the schematics to make antigonorrhea missiles to protect your bitcoin farms?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Xaris posted:

Highfleet is one of the best games I’ve ever played thst I’m just too loving bad at to enjoy playing

post your stupidest goatse battleship design

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

there should be 0 suits of power armor just sitting around outside 200 years after the bombs dropped.

Yeah the loading screens mention people salvaging and restoring suits of power armor to working condition, but it's pure fluff.

There's a big consistency gap in that the mechanized core component of a powerarmor suit (the frame) is magically indestructible EXCEPT if the wearer dies, in which case it's destroyed with no game mechanic to repair. All the suits you can use are found inexplicably parked in ruined buildings, even though that's a very valuable piece of loot for generations of scavengers to leave just standing there.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

The shields are made out of stuff, it is not explained what stuff they are made out of. Let your imagination run wild.

PIZZA. in my stupid anime universe all the space magic and energy field stuff runs on "PIZZA". Not an acronym, just always spelled in allcaps.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Xaris posted:

and yes. bethesda games require a particular strain of scrambled eggs OCD lizard G-G-G-Gamer brains to enjoy, which i have, so im having fun. but even while having fun, i'm often thinkin' "man this X shoulda been just slightly better and woulda vastly improved the whole experience" like outposts or inventory or letting you play snowrunner in space.

what would a good snowrunner in space game be like though? like would it be Real Newtonian Physics simulation or would you have convenient scifi engines that produce thrust using only electricity instead of needing reaction mass?

would you just spend all your time taking off and burning to orbit and then landing on another planet, because actually traveling in space is really dull unless you're doing KSP orbit transfer bullshit in which case it's a lot of spreadsheet work and oops didn't bring enough fuel so now I'm stuck on a deep-space trajectory for the next 15 years and can't get anywhere... also is your pilot immortal or do they get old and retire so you're constantly churning through replacement dudes who work a few decades and then retire, like a roguelite?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

loquacius posted:

hey, you know what would make skyrim better? if it took like four hours of walking to get from anywhere to anywhere else and the game was ten times longer but 90% walking

most games would be better if they were Kenshi, yes.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

I played a bunch of starfield today. I need to figure out what to do with all the resources I have.

shove everything into a dumpster named "your mother"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

what do we think the % of starfield players that got the game for free from AMD or gamepass?

also are they counting players on pirated copies to fluff their Concurrent Players statistics for investor storytime?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

parasite eve? rimworld? metal gear rising?

arma 3? arma 3's actual plot is about how nato gets loving absolutely owned by CSAT all the time forever

parasite eve protagonist is a generically hot blond-haired-blue-eyed ladycop and randomly discovers she has magical superpowers by implausible coincidence, but you have to ignore all of the parts of the story that actually make sense

in rimworld you can live out the ultimate libertarian power fantasy of gunning down hordes of mindless savages who want to break into your house and steal your poo poo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah if you play it extremely suboptimally. optimal rimworld play is space communism where you imprison all the raiders in lavish confinement until they love you and then you fight robots together. the way shooting mechanics work if you don't get a constant stream of immigration everyone eventually gets brain damage from a lucky brain shot

yeah the whole point is you have to selectively only consider the things that agree with your chosen bias and ignore everything that contradicts it.

which is how rightwing thinking works the rest of the time too. lack of internal consistency and all that.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

how is it tracking if I've installed a game before or not

the fact they immediately backpedaled means they have no idea how any of this poo poo works, so they think they can just replicate Windows Activation and keep a database of every fart app everyone runs indexed by CPU serial# or something (nevermind that it'll be like 10000x the traffic microsoft has to deal with)

silentsnack has issued a correction as of 02:44 on Sep 13, 2023

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Al! posted:

oh you know what, john romero. i always assumed he was italian

everyone can be italian if you blob hard enough in eu4

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

so i got curious and opened the finn's swf file (why the gently caress is this used for UI poo poo). looks like they just blanked the shapes/text for pronouns in the ui and left all the scripts for it untouched so lol.

and uh, it looks like there were either originally supposed to be a couple other traits. im sure they were bethesda's because they have icons for them too that are just like all the other trait icons

monogamous but poly. so what, he's into cuckolding?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

having to manually eat food is stupid. your character should start automatically chowing down on some meat cubes while youre sprinting across the planet surface

hands-free meat snorkel

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

lol just remembered how to cheese Fallout Tactics by spamclicking to chuck a dozen grenades into the fog of war to instagib an enemy before turn-based combat starts. that was some powerful jank.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Al! posted:

do those things actually look 3d irl

if the display itself is 3d and you specifically only ever draw e.g. spherical images to match the spherical screen, yes. otherwise, the best it can do is generate an illusion that only works if you know the angle where the audience is going to be standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think people that say they can't tell the difference between fps are just lying

just hosed up liars and they're probably planning to murder you

also there's the fact that someone might not really understand that ["configuring your software for any arbitrary target framerate of 50000fps"] vs ["GPU can only render up to 36.8 or whatev"] vs ["crappy monitor can only display up to its physical 30Hz refresh rate"] are three separate things.