Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jazerus posted:

cavemen were weirdly common in pre-3d era games. i don't think any of them survived the transition to 3d

What about Ark that's kinda cave man adjacent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Someone has to flight simulator their planned route while flying on an airplane.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Someone here mentioned that people couldn't shut the gently caress up about snowrunner and it was super annoying, so I had to check it out and yup pretty good. Getting all your trucks staged in a map without a garage and then getting all the missions done there is excellent.

5 minutes later all of these trucks are flipped upside down in a pile trying to move a single crate 300 feet.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Goa Tse-tung posted:

hear me out: isometric, turnbased, with sexy assets you want to gently caress, Snowrunner

They already made a logistics game like that its called Heroes of Might and Magic. You even get stuck in swamps and move super slow.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Bringing my hero with expert pathfinding over to winch my mule hero out of the swamp.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Deep rock galactic is getting a "vampire survivors" game in Q1 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6koRh1v3nU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Couple people mentioned needing a new mouse. If you can solder at the beginner level you can replace the microswitches in mice for about 25 cents and it makes them feel like new. My last mouse had 3 replacements installed over 10 years or so. Most gamer mice will have Omron D2FC-F-7N switches, but any similar shape 3 pin switch will work fine. I've done this probably ten times for myself and friends and you can have some pretty caveman technique and still get a great result.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Isn't hd2 a co-op multiplayer game? Why does it have gameguard?

"Additionally, some versions of GameGuard had an unpatched privilege escalation bug, allowing any program to issue commands as if they were running under an Administrator account.[8]"

lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Buck Wildman posted:

are all the folks screaming about the anti-cheat hacking all their gibsons on to something or not really

It doesn't matter. You know you gotta have it. It could mine crypto you'd still buy it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Buck Wildman posted:

not really I could take or leave it

I mean "you" like gamers the concept. Not you as in yyou.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

loquacius posted:

I'm also dying to hear one of these freaks explain their take on starship troopers and/or if they think the viral thread is the generally accepted "leftist" take

Its just a book, not every book is political. I know you only read the communist manifesto or kapital but some of us read normal books for the story like hardy boys or bible.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pleasant *combinations*! We have been *anticipating* about you.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got a ps5 and its a clown console

- can't use a custom domain email address to register a psn account, .me isn't a valid TLD apparently?, so that was frustrating
- can't use paypal because my paypal email address is the same custom domain and sorry its still not valid (paypal thinks its valid!)
- no audio out anywhere on this, so I have to buy a HDMI audio extractor or run a 10' headphone cable from my computer monitor to a TRS stereo breakout and then into my mixer
- no bluetooth audio support? lmao???

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Also Demon Souls is SEVENTY DOLLARS wtffff

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

RandolphCarter posted:

I will sell you a copy for $40

Sorry used games are illegal on the PS5 digital only edition.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

$10 more and you can buy and not play Helldivers 2 with the rest of us morons

!!

UNLIKELY

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

uber_stoat posted:

problem is they're having to go back in and rewrite code to be more efficient for the game to even work under this strain. they can't just put a bandage on with cloud servers.

Apparently multiplayer is peer to peer which is really funny if true.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
They probably have a single mysql database running off a Dell in their office with everyone's username and password that's overloaded.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xaris posted:

these days, millennials are all getting geriatric with kids/jobs/paying rent/etc. people don't have the 2000+ hours to kill blowing off schoolwork anymore. i see a lot of Games goons constantly vying for a nostalgic past hoping to rekindle their youth through [new big sequel to old ip] like chasing the MMO or Diablo dragon hoping that THIS IS THE ONE! that will replace WoW or whatever like it's 2004 -- and it will always just end badly because fundamentally, you can't.

Disagree. You just have to switch from snorting to intravenous by picking up POE.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Chard posted:

i just fired up Balatro and it is not my save file. completely different collection, i think it synced someone else's game to mine.

Your little brother hosed up your save.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Chard posted:

i wish. it's not even like i just lost progress, i have a card edition i didn't have before, and the ones i did have are gone. same for some blinds and jokers.

it's stupid to care about for a game like this but it kinda killed my sense of investment in unlocking poo poo if it can just vanish between sessions.

This means that you are the little brother.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Stefan Prodan posted:

Want to point out games in 1994 like FF6 were also 70 bucks and that's like 150 today, it's actually kinda crazy that 70 is effectively the max now and most games are less and if you just wait a year you can usually not pay more than like 30 unless it's Nintendo

They sell 50x more copies and have zero shipping and packaging cost.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Epic High Five posted:

I saw lots of reports of skills auto-targeting random poo poo so you leap around all over the place, and the right stick apparently being a mouse cursor which always feels awful.

I'm sure it's fine if you can swap between, but if I'm playing on handheld then M+KB isn't an option at all, it needs to have some kind of solution for everything. The reason I said it's not something I'd ever hold against a game in a recommendation is because I recognize how hard that is with a genre like this and the fact that only a single game in the history of the genre seems to have pulled it off.

Is what that person said about you true? You haven't played outer wilds?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Grapplejack posted:

sekiro was extremely tightly balanced and put together. elden ring is not, I don't think this is going to work like they want it to unless they make more severe changes

Fromsoft has a pretty good track record.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Although I will say I went back to bloodborne and the locked 30FPS is absolutely unplayable now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Karen's Kraken Kampaign

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I like when he yells "NI'HIL!"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

loquacius posted:

The Harry Potter "universe" doesn't really make sense outside the context of the suburbs and the places that are in the books imo. There are just, like, all these goblin barbarian camps out in the wilderness of... 20th-century-era England? And nobody notices?

Comic book guy post

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you hate scabs you hate AI. We need to create the language of class war against computers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Where are the anti computer cults so I can join one.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Hey guys I just got paged to check in on this thread. It says here people are talking about the politics of working in the video game industry instead of how big tifa's titts are. Let's get it back on track okay? This is cspam not the high school debate club.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How do you think Shinra made all its money before getting into Mako power generation?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Al! posted:

tifa's tits were big? i had no idea, i just looked now, for the first time

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xaris posted:

it's too sunny to drive now so ill be doing that shortly. ive kinda tapped out of my bleed warlock though and started a falconer rogue so we'll see where it goes

Put a blanket over your monitor and head so it blocks out the glare.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Helldivers needs the ability to cook orbital strikes by holding them in your hand. That way you can hold onto it and dive into a group of enemies to really teach them a lesson.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

be sure to dive out the way before getting caught in the blast

I'm not sure you understand democratic bug jihad.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The universe in Dark Sword is so much cooler than dragonlance. It never got a proper ruleset, and the story in the trilogy has issues, but the world is sick.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Son of Sorrow posted:

I keep trying to get into Pacific Drive and it's just not working for me. Not sure why, it's practically custom made for me. Maybe some day. In the meantime, more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. G.A.M.M.A. and Starsector while my cooldown on Escape From Tarkov ticks down.

It has a poo poo ton of menus and the menu interactions are janky as hell.

You know those tab menus where you hit L1 and R1 to switch tabs? Any time you nest those in multiple layers where now L2 ard R2 move the other tabs you have hosed up big time on your UI.

The whole inventory system is designed to make you miserable I swear.

Cool game though still going to play it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Who among us hasn't been catfished on a hamas roblox server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Dredge is the perfect video game. It's good without being too good, it's the right length, it has a really specific atmosphere and you get to honk a boat horn.