Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
op i have your cure for covid it's called deez nutz!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

pillsburysoldier posted:

What long covid treatments exist that are any good?

ligma

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

do you have post covid brain damage

no but i do have post ing brain damage!!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
iirc there was some study a few months back about how quickly outdoor light renders covid virions unviable relative to its UV index -- at 10+, you're looking at <1min i think??

extrapolate that to UVC in, ideally, air ducts sort of situation. but then realize that installing UVC everywhere would be even more expensive than forcing employers to provide n95s for their staff. you stopped hearing about it because the will for implementing it dried up with the money.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mistermojo posted:

love a good svekolnik (chilled borscht)

reminded of the goon whose kids were super pumped for borscht and then became utterly disgusted when they got it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

silicone thrills posted:

I've said it before but it really does matter for gender/stature a lot. I'm a smaller woman and ive definitely had a few odd run ins including at work.
That being said, only like 3 times in 3 years but Im also a home body anyway and have basically skipped a ton of events and professional stuff because i'd just rather not.

i'm a guy, i'm not short, but i am a minority and white people use that as their springboard to criticize my masking. they should all lose their driver's license at least, but it turns out that threatening to harm unarmed pedestrians while driving a large size motor vehicle isn't actually a crime

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
reading the road to en-dor and this 100-year-old nonfiction account is also real af about this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We did it folks

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fearful-covid-20-maui-business-owners-say-welcome-tourism-rcna100555

The Covid response was just a test run, we’re free forever now from any pretense that life matters more then the economy

lol loving front street "business owners." no, selling the equivalent of "mauified" thomas kinkade paintings to tourists, drawn by burnt-out hippies who moved here in the 70s and 80s, barely floated in 2019. even in the best of times, you broke even on your storefront's monthly rent and pretended like that constituted a successful business. no local would ever buy this garbage and you dumb asses have always been ticking time bombs. the fire just pushed your timetable up by a decade.

go back to north carolina with your tail between your legs

Tzen posted:

And then ate at the food court

aeon food court is pretty good but cmon man surely there's some better local place right across the street that proudly advertises takeout. drat i miss japan sometimes.

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 18:59 on Aug 19, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Oracle posted:

Yeah wastewater is a very kind of rule of thumb guideline and rather crappy (no pun intended) when you consider a single person has been responsible for like 90%+ of wastewater detected virus in no less than three separate metropolitan areas now.

it turns out that specific individuals are, in fact, full of poo poo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pingui posted:

Masks being initially politicized and sold as liberal virtue signalling did a lot.

in early 2020 i saw the beginnings of this--not specifically masks but the idea that public health was a partisan sort of thing--and i was like "a pandemic is the last thing you should ever attempt to politicize"

too bad the news media didn't see eye to eye with me. well, all the more's ad revenue

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Homeless Friend posted:

i miss the plexi because it was a huge windbreak, you could put stuff down and it wouldnt fly away….

just use your voluminous goonform to break wind instead

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

fosborb posted:

I dropped toilet paper off at a friend's house when he ran entirely out during that peak couple of weeks

what a weird loving time

it actually caught me off guard, the toilet paper shortage hit japan a little over a month before the US and i was about one week away from buying a new box of rolls when they disappeared from store shelves.

i suffered through paper towels for a week, but then i had this great idea and stole some rolls from the daimaru department store's ultra luxurious marble restrooms lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

genericnick posted:

wtf, I thought Japan had fully specced into bidets?

i call this the "rami ismail problem", because that's the name of the guy who, back in 2020, made a post about how if you have a bidet, you never need to buy or use toilet paper ever again. but the reality is, you do need toilet paper -- a bidet just doesn't get the job done entirely by itself. anyone who thinks it does, is walking around with wet turds hanging off their rear end all day.

i mean, unless you're going right before you shower. which is cool if you do, but not everyone's digestive system is gonna agree to that schedule.

that aside, japanese home bidets are usually just aftermarket attachments that you clip to the toilet's seat, and mildew infests the piping very easily. and blasting black, brackish water at your butt hole isn't my idea of a good time i tell you what

e: furthermore, this severely underestimates japan's love of the squat toilet. [DONT] ask me about the time i had to drop a dook on the clock and there were no sitting toilets in the whole building. zero

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Aug 24, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, and frankly after this poo poo, I think some clemency for torqued posters may be called for, considering Boba's antics.

free nurge

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Glumwheels posted:

When am I supposed to feel better? Some of my symptoms have gotten better, I don’t have the migraine or sharp stabbing pains in my head anymore. The fever has come down from 104 to 100.4 but I’m still having a fever, especially at night. I wake up drenched in sweat.

Also, still feeling weak and fatigued when I walk. I can’t do physical activity like cleaning without needing a break. My last day of paxlovid is tomorrow so after that I guess I’m going to rebound since I haven’t cleared this yet.

I’m able to work remotely fine, though, I’m doing it from bed.

there's no set window for recovery. my hard acute symptoms -- your "danger zone fever"s and "laying about deliriously"s and "going almost completely deaf"s and your mild "it's a struggle to stand up at all but i need to drink water or i'll die"s -- lasted about five days.

my body was hosed for another month and i almost died of pneumonia after. fun times!

my advice for not being able to sleep: set vlc to automatically restart after it completes playing, and then make a playlist of a season of your favorite show. just close your eyes and listen. it'll stave off the interminable suffering, and it'll distract you from worrying about sleeping. all that will matter, is the moments of recognition, the window of consciousness where you hear dr house berate someone for ten minutes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

eXXon posted:

Does anyone find surgicals uncomfortable? I mean they leak out the sides and the nose bands don't seal as tightly as most (K)N95s so the only annoying thing for me (besides the "not working well" aspect) is that they're tighter to the lips than stiffer masks.

i don't know if it's the shape of my ears or the hardness of my cartilage but i can't stand anything with earloops. especially surgicals, because those are tighter than your average crappy cloth mask. the pain is terrible after just 30 minutes. and yeah, surgicals give me huge fog backwash on my glasses. the n95 aura has no such problems--even less so with p100 respos.

i went to the hospital maybe a year ago and they made me wear one over my n95 for the eight hours it took them to process me lol. some guy came in with his leg shredded by a shark bite about an hour after me and he was still in the waiting room when i left. but he seemed pretty chill about it somehow

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Aug 25, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Platystemon posted:

Buy this doctor an account.

quote:

“Long COVID syndrome occurs in at least 10 per cent of every infectious episode and may be as much as 30 per cent. Stop and think about that: if you get COVID twice a year, that’s a 20-60 per cent chance that you’re going to get long COVID. And the next year, it’s now 40-120 per cent. Almost certainly … you’re guaranteed statistically to acquire some form of long COVID.”

no way what a dumb rear end he can't even do statistics! additive risk percentage??? smdh

Tulip posted:

a quark of infections

a charming orientation of disease

U-DO Burger posted:

lol this pandemic has been great at showing how smart people are garbo at statistics

not everyone had the privilege of growing up playing pokemon and learning how to calculate the true likelihood of encountering a shiny

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 19:16 on Aug 29, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zugzwang posted:

"well you know, my guys have fallen out of the habit,"

"your guys are about to fall out of the habit of having this contract b*tch"

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I hate that racist old piece of poo poo so loving much and have for over 30 years at this point.

joe "my inspiring speech for the people of lahaina was, 'my grandmama always say, jojo... don't keep the faith. spread the faith'" biden

he was only politely applauded with a golf clap, because nobody knew what the gently caress he was going on about

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Steve Yun posted:

is EG5 about to get all about eve’d by FL151

Pillowpants posted:

EG5 has clearly pulled ahead in CA but FL.1 is dominating the south .

(as of 8/19)

never count out FL.1 "florida man"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ikanreed posted:

Is the ebola at burning man thing real or a meme?

it's a meme but also they currently have free-standing porta-potties with a revolving door of visitors in the middle of an impromptu swamp. poopy hands, insufficient sanitation, standing water everywhere, they will be lucky if they don't get some kind of nightmare dark ages disease. "may you live in medieval times!" -poorly advised catch copy for a theme restaurant at the center of a cholera outbreak

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 02:00 on Sep 3, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Steve Yun posted:

as a straight haired person who knows nothing, if you have curly hair would you be better off going to a black hairdresser

really it depends on the curliness of the hair. there are so many different "kinds" of curly--irish frizz is different from germanic floof is different from the ultra-tight west african curls is different from the polynesian comb-destroyer, which is separate still from the east asian 'fro. it all has to do with how the strands twist and wind

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Loucks posted:

Also what’s up with the OP’s claim that paxlovid and cannabis have notable interactions? Following the link to WebMD got me this:

[...]

Drugs.com just says “Ritonavir may increase the blood levels of the psychoactive component of cannabis ,” which seems desireable to me, although admittedly some people might be upset to find themselves higher than they expected.

iirc one of the components of the paxlovid regimen is a drug that slows your liver down to keep the antivirals in your system longer.

guess what else stays in your system longer :2bong: actually i'm going to go against the grain and suggest you shouldn't use it to get secondarily high, shockingly i'm not a proponent of that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

nexous posted:

help the ai won’t stop telling me to wash my hands

it means, if you continuously wash your hands, and never stop, you reduce your capacity to spread airborne illnesses

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Animal-Mother posted:

The View has been on for 27 years?!

The View is referenced in World War Z (as in the book, not the utterly dreadful movie), and it had already been on air a long time by that point.

you can tell World War Z is a work of fiction because humans as a species collectively changed their behaviors and built raised housing complexes with robust emergency measures to adapt to the new normal, of zombies. and because martin shkreli was tried and actually convicted by the hague

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Glumwheels posted:

Day 18, tested positive again today. I tested positive last Friday with a stuffy nose/sinus pressure and it’s still going on 6 days later and I’m still testing positive on a RAT.

What the gently caress, when is this goddamn poo poo going to be over.

reminder that roughly 5% of people infected with sars-2 will still pop poz 21 days after their first positive result

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Atrocious Joe posted:

suffering from TB used to be considered sexy

Sexy COVID is a retvrn to tradition

ngl my dietary restrictions post covid have pushed my body fat percentage to a pretty sexy point. or it would have, if i didnt have all this loose skin from years of being a fatty, paired with an unchanged disinclination to get buff. but still, very roaring 20s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wtf is a toilet mask is that for covering your face so nobody sees the unflattering expression you make while taking a mad poo poo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DickParasite posted:

Nicotine feels amazing tho

phew, not for me. i've tried rolling joints with properly-cured tobacco leaf before and the nicotine buzz feels just awful, it's like everything is vibrating. makes me nauseous too. i'll have to pass

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

U-DO Burger posted:

stop referencing books, try a video game reference next time

i have to grind 130,000 gil to afford this drat buff potion that only lasts like one week

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if we're talking book recs, i'm enjoying Hagakure. it's starting to seem like you want to read the 2014 translation first, because it's more transliterally-accurate and it has lots of footnotes that give you context for feudal japan, followed directly by reading the 1992 one, because it's more visceral and hardcore but also engrishy. i read some Arsene Lupin earlier this year, too, and the first three-quarters of The Road to En-Dor is really great (but after they escape the prison camp they just sit in a psych ward for six months lol)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

eXXon posted:

Trying to figure out what the gently caress "business leaders are now more attuned to their workers, both physically and psychologically" is supposed to mean. What kind of physical attunement are we talking about here exactly?

it means that employers now know that workers NEED to be in office, or it will destroy their emotional well being. you know, like what they said about slaves and whipping

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hey now, not necessarily. how old is this kid, if by "kid" op means "no longer an actual kid but a surly teenager, kid is just easier to say" then maybe he just started smoking weed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NeonPunk posted:

Have any goon parents thought about getting a false mustache, a make up kit, and some grey hair spray for their kids? Heck for those in California, there are make up artists and special effects workers who don't have anything to do rn, they could easily age up your kiddo.

If anyone at the pharmacy get suspicious, just say it's a Benjamin Button thing and it is against HIPPA to pry more in their personal medical information

just let your kid smoke one cigarette while you're waiting and show the staff that meme of the 30-something turkish guy who looks like a nine year old boy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RandomBlue posted:

Air quality travel peaked in 2015, lmao. This person must never have flown pre-911.

gently caress I'm old

JAL, 2015. flight half empty, window row to myself, and free beer in coach. that was when it peaked

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 01:12 on Sep 16, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

fosborb posted:

Eggs is winning this season and it's not even close

i dunno about that, Florida Man is still a contender and H8r Variant is coming out swinging

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i would rather be induced to convert my cells into weed than into spike proteins

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

hell losing my taste and smell partially during my first go-round was insanely stressful

i lost a significant part of my hearing during the acute phase. it was probably due to intracranial swelling, because my hearing did gradually return to normal over the following days, but it was loving TERRIFYING. everything crackled and sounded like i was hearing it coming from the opposite end of a long corridor.

but it's "mild," right? people don't need their basic senses

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

ok so we're back to the usual "get hosed and pray" state of america, got it. love it here

one nation under god :unsmigghh:

Pingui posted:

ED after a COVID infection is all in your head, shaft and balls.

by which is meant, vascular damage to the penis can make it physically impossible to achieve erection

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

how quickly does it drop off? I'm just curious because so many people are waiting to time it better with the holidays. I had been thinking it was a few months of good coverage before dropping off.

there's no such thing as "max titers." you can't game the system; the only way to win is to wear your mask. last year, both my parents got got three weeks after their vaccination. good luck, commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bastard Tetris posted:

What’s CYP in this context?

"children and young persons" i think