Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/vmsalama/status/1700220042892230733

Investigators have found their smoking gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
insulting the judge's staff is a good way to show the judge you're serious and win their respect

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/1709299855502569653

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1709311435182833874

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
apparently the secret new shadow speaker bowtie guy has all the powers of speaker automatically until they elect vote on a new one anyway

great system

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

CaptainBeefart posted:

Lol

Who's this little dweeb?

Speaker pro tempura

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1709340207206551851

This man's career is destroyed, he will retire next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1709343715280453743

alright that was great everyone, let's take a week-long break to let this all sink in

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/MrSantosNY/status/1709250657411072003

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I figured out today why the boomers have so much money, I got a $96k check because I lived in a lovely house in a lovely neighborhood for eight years. Had I spent up to my absolute max back in 2015 I’d have gotten a bigger check. What a loving scam this country is.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027242

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

he needs an upper

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Absolutely double and triple check whatever twitter poo poo you post here doesn't contain gourds.

ban queued

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1717975611929485755

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

love to consume very real and organic tik tok interaction vids

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

twitter/DailyLoud/status/1726738872380411928

NWH was out of town when that poo poo happened

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

for gently caress's sake do not post murder clips on the forums

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

Happy thxsgiving

unsettling CAPTCHA

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Happy Trumpsgiving! Please be kind to the new IK as he learns the ropes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

CSPAm is part of the burger king's kids club.

Burger King's Trust Fund Kids Klub

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
had a great thanksgiving. we had to leave a bit early after dinner with our family because our little guy was fading fast so we missed dessert, but we got him down and I just made myself a nice whiskey sour with a couple freshly squeezed lemons. can't complain.

hope everyone is having fun or at least getting drunk tonight

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

How many times have u been banned lol

that guy has reregged well over 300 times

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

if you consistently credit the host for the illnesses it transmits I think you'll see that humans blow those pathetic insects out of the water

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

emfive posted:

Hootington you are a worthless piece of poo poo, a non-human who should walk into the sea and die, so that all the unfortunate people who have interacted with you in real life, god bless them, and all of us online, can have a week of solid party at you're departure from this plane of existence. You do absolutely no good for anything or anyone on this planet or any other. gently caress you, infinitely. You are garbage.

Oh wait maybe I should take this to the "feedback" thread. Yea gently caress you.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

considering the circumstances of that post and everything, its just a honey pot situation so gently caress that poo poo

I've been trying to discard the reports for all of these as they come up in the report forum but it looks like someone may have PMed Fluffdaddy directly.

Might be something that can be reversed, I'll see.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

I've been trying to discard the reports for all of these as they come up in the report forum but it looks like someone may have PMed Fluffdaddy directly.

Might be something that can be reversed, I'll see.

so anyway it's not getting reversed

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

He called us bricks and told us to kill ourselves, and we loved him for it

We never hated him. We said, 'Thank you for your service.'

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

apparently a word he used in the banned post is a slur, never heard of it myself

If nothing else I finally understand why Russell Westbrook gets so mad when people call him that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Besides being a bigot and a racist, there is something incredibly wrong with his brain.

Look at his mannerisms and how he talks, the dude is definitely mentally ill

He's a divorced 50-something South African billionaire, this is pretty much exactly how I'd expect him to be

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Hell yeah

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

limp dick calvin posted:

mods please change my name to limp dick calvin

Goongrats

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RandomBlue posted:

oh poo poo, who were they before?

Limp dick calvin

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol (getting serious) i'm going to kill you wrasslormonkey

You are psychotic. When you return, you are banned from the GBS chat and Friday threads.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
got a report that someone might be denigrating The Good Place here

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mdemone posted:

I mean it would be union-splitting type of stuff. SCOTUS cannot overrule this.

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The return to office propaganda push is really kicking into high gear

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shifty Nipples posted:

Nothing in this says don't edit posts lmfao.

So you've been made an IK? A How To Guide:

What is an IK?
Long story short it's a Mod that can't read the Reports Forum. It stands for Idiot King. You will have all the same buttons Mods do and have the ability to help make your Forum or Thread readable and enjoyable for everyone.

Why me?
At some point in your SA Posting History, you have shown yourself to have a level head, have a history of being a calming voice, make funny and or informative posts, and most importantly, figured out how to use the post button. Because of that you've been asked to be an IK for a Forum or Thread.

What are my responsibilities?
When you are an IK you will be charged with doing basically what you are doing now: Reading posts and continue being you. Your duties include moderating active discussions and making sure they stay within your Forums Rules and the overall SA Rules. You should be able and willing to step in if things are getting out of hand and calm them down. You should also give probations to people if needed and use your best judgement to keep your forum a place for discussion that everyone can take part in. You will also be expected to keep the lines of communication open with your Forum's Mods and be willing to have a discussions with them about your modding.

How do I do that?
The biggest tool you have in your arsenal is your voice. The ability to go in and get a thread back on track with just a post will be the most effective thing you can do. Sometimes it wont be enough but it should always be the first thing you try. If it comes to it you will have the ability to probe users or close threads.

Button Pushing 101

When you are made an IK, these buttons will start showing on users posts in your forum. (Note, if you have previously agreed to IK a single thread, you will have buttons in the entire Forum, but should only use them in the place you have been assigned)

When you click Probation you will get this screen:

Use the drop down to select length. (As an IK, 6 hour probations are auto accepted)
Fill both boxes in with clear reasons. Be specific.
Hit submit and an Admin will review it and approve or deny.

The Ban Screen will look similar to the probation window and always require Admin Review.

The Title Change button is also self explanatory. Every title queued will be Admin reviewed. Do not abuse title changes and do not use your buttons to give unlimited Title Changes to people.

Title Blank is used in case a user has a NSFW image or slur in their title. When you click it and submit it, the avatar will be blanked and go under Admin review.

Lastly, Platinum will submit a request to give a user the Platinum account upgrade, used in times you need to PM a user. This is a helpful tool for getting in-touch with a user if you cannot find another way. It requires admin review, so please be clear on your reasons for using it.

Thread Changes
At the top of threads in your forum you will also have these buttons:

They each do exactly what they say.
Moving Threads is the only one that comes with a note: Always ask a Mod of the forum you are sending it to before you move a thread.

Last Words
Thank you for volunteering to IK your little corner of the Forums. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Mod of your forum, an Admin, or even any other Mod for advice. It is appreciated the time you put in to make your forum readable and enjoyable for everyone. You are not required to read every single thing posted. Do your best, do what you can, and keep being the user that stood out enough to be asked in the first place. You are a star.

Here is the what is supposed to be sent to IKs:

Latest IK Rules posted:

So you've been made an IK? A How To Guide:

What is an IK?
It stands for Idiot King; on SA it's a Mod that can't read the Reports Forum, IKs have all the same buttons as mods.

Why me?
At some point in your SA Posting History, you have shown yourself to have a level head, have a history of being a calming voice, make funny and or informative posts, and most importantly, figured out how to use the post button. Because of that you've been asked to be an IK for a Forum or Thread.

What are my responsibilities?
When you are an IK you will be charged with doing basically what you are doing now: Reading posts and continue being you. Your duties include moderating active discussions and making sure they stay within your Forums Rules and the overall SA Rules. You should be able and willing to step in if things are getting out of hand and calm them down. You should also give probations to people if needed and use your best judgement to keep your forum a place for discussion that everyone can take part in. You will also be expected to keep the lines of communication open with your Forum's Mods and other posters and be willing to have a discussions with them about your modding.

How do I do that?
The biggest tool you have in your arsenal is your voice. The ability to go in and get a thread back on track with just a post will be the most effective thing you can do. Sometimes it wont be enough but it should always be the first thing you try. If it comes to it you will have the ability to probe users or close threads.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Button Pushing 101

When you are made an IK, these buttons will start showing on users posts in your forum. (Note, if you have previously agreed to IK a single thread, your buttons will only be available in that thread.)

When you click Probation you will get this screen:

Use the drop down to select length. (As an IK, 6 hour probations are auto accepted)
Fill both boxes in with clear reasons. Be specific.
Hit submit and an Admin will review it and approve or deny.

The Ban Screen will look similar to the probation window and always require Admin Review.

The Title Change button is also self explanatory. Every title queued will be Admin reviewed. Do not abuse title changes and do not use your buttons to give unlimited Title Changes to people.

Title Blank is used in case a user has a NSFW image, slurs, or bigoted language in their title. When you click it and submit it, the avatar will be blanked and go under Admin review.

Lastly, Platinum will submit a request to give a user the Platinum account upgrade, used in times you need to PM a user. This is a helpful tool for getting in-touch with a user if you cannot find another way. It requires admin review, so please be clear on your reasons for using it.

Thread Changes
At the top of threads you IK, you will also have these buttons:

They each do exactly what they say.
Moving Threads is the only one that comes with a note: Always ask a Mod of the forum you are sending it to before you move a thread.

User Post Edits
Your IK powers also give you the ability to edit any posts in your space. The only edits that should ever be made are to remove/spoiler NSFW, or to remove Doxxing and things that fall under our Mental health policy HERE. Do not edit others posts without a good reason and making a record of what you changed somewhere. A good way to do that is click the report button on the post and put what you are editing out into the reason. If a report is unavailable and the info is not PI, the mod notes section in the probation also works. You can also copy the post exactly in a PM with any of the admins and send it that way if there are no other good options. If you are unsure of a situation, immediately contact a mod or admin and let them handle it.

Last Words
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Mod of your forum, an Admin, or even any other Mod for advice. You are not required to read every single thing posted. Do your best, do what you can, and keep being the user that stood out enough to be asked in the first place.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

... are you telling me posts don't have a loving edit history?

yep

the forums are held together by twine and funded largely by insane people re-regging 7 times a day

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

oh yeah everyone please welcome your new IK, WrasslorMonkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Wait I can still edit my posts right

Try it and find out :twisted: