Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

But we won't spend any money on it, because that money could be a tax cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

General Dog posted:

"I'm a bit sleepy this afternoon, but when I wake up I'm going death con 3 On JASON WHITLOCK"

that's the thing, there are so many fat bastards he could have been talking about.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

swickles posted:

I mean I am not gonna lie, would.

Oh absolutely not. No way. If that is what her laugh is like, I don't ever want to hear her sex noises.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Anyone have any good or bad car/home insurance companies? I noticed my insurance has gone up like 30% over the last year and I haven't filed a claim since 2015, so it's not for any reason on my end. Looking to make a switch and see if I can get better prices. I'm on American Family right now, which covers my home and car, so I'd probably switch both if I made the switch.

Auto insurance is like the boiling frog theory: they'll keep raising rates until you switch, then at the next renewal, their rates will be cheap again (because now you'd be a new customer).

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Now DeSantis can get back to his real life's work, making Florida a worse place to live.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

That's...a lot of king cake.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

fartknocker posted:

:vince: being into :metis: doesn’t surprise me

why am I not surprised that SA has an emote for that

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Vince’s reaction or the goon lore that is Metis, cause the SAclopedia on that is something…

Metis, and I'm not going to click on that link while sober.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Kid Rock in his prime wasn't even half the draw Swift is now, much less older bigger rear end in a top hat current day Kid Rock lol

Who is even close to Swift's level of global popularity at the moment?

BTS, though military service is interfering with that.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

GD_American posted:

It's a good thing I didn't know Carl Weathers because if I was at that funeral no earthly force would stop me from raising his arm out of the casket and making a stew joke

I'll be lifting up a potato in his honor.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I have notification sounds because I'm not looking at my phone 24/7, but it's always either a single beep or a satellite uplink chirp - a very short and unintrusive sound.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Timby posted:

Don't look into his rampant cheating / infidelity and hardcore alcoholism, then.

At least his alcoholism hasn't killed him (yet), unlike the reason this is in the chat today.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Oh, I forgot it's Mardi Gras. Hopefully someone brings paczki to work today.

Break room here is loaded with them. Raspberry, apple, Bavarian cream. We'll see how good my willpower is today (not good odds).

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

the further we stray from cuneiform and uh... just... yelling loudly outside

cuneiform and clay tablets has a better rhythm

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

NY has a unique thing where if he wants to appeal he has to put up the value of the judgement plus 10% as bond, so he either needs to find someone to loan him that money, or he has to put it up himself. Either way, he's likely taking a financial hit immediately.

He's also prohibited from taking a loan from anyone registered in New York State (which is like all of them), so only like Putin or the Saudis would be able to front him that kind of cash.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I expect he can get secured loans, and he treats his campaign funds like a personal piggy bank too. But yeah dude is probably on the edge of broke now because he isn't and never was a multi-billionaire.

The RNC is down to about $8 million (not counting unpaid debts). 2023 was the worst year for Republican fundraising in a decade. I can't imagine Trump's PACs are any better off, and this will crush downballot races.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Everyone talking about dry aging, when wet aging is where it's at.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

In political news, SCOTUS granted cert to Donald Trumps quest for presidential immunity—presumably to smack it down and restore a bit of sanity lol jk Trump declared god emperor 6-3 also it only applies to this ruling

The whole point of this is to delay long enough for the election to occur. Either Trump will win the election, then order his own DOJ to drop all the charges, or he'll lose the election, and die poor and potentially in prison. Nothing will happen before one of those two outcomes occur.

It's kind of the American way to make the entire country Trump's jury pool.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Kalli posted:

I mean it was 9-0. At best that means the Libs weren't willing to make it even look like it was a politicized decision.

It's really the only possible outcome. Letting states decide who can stand and can't stand for a federal election is gonna be a problem on both sides of the political aisle.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

DS9 = TNG > BSG > TOS > Voyager >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enterprise (only a season and a half into this one)

If we wanna count Star Wars stuff, throw Andor up there with DS9 and throw the rest in the garbage

this B5 erasure cannot stand

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

I don't get the context, is this a back-handed compliment or something?

If it's anything like Korean, once you string together a few sentences they hit you with "ooh, your Korean is so good!" even if it isn't, just because they don't expect white people to speak a word of it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I'm not a big game replay guy (hell I barely have time to play anything once these days), but I beat New Vegas like 3 times. It's an incredible game. Or at least was, not sure how it holds up like 14 years on.

It's still pretty great.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The financing rate the dealer offers you is typically 2x what the bank they’re talking to would have loaned you. The dealership gets a check from the bank for the extra interest they saddled the consumer with.

Note that this can work out to your advantage if you get them to lower the sales price in anticipation of the bank kickback. Just read the paperwork to make sure there's no early repayment penalty on their loan.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

I can't believe my use of Microsoft Edge finally has become a good idea?

Edge runs on the Chromium engine, it'll have the same behavior.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Ah, the wriggling hast commenced

https://x.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1772282068795347282?s=20

It was always obvious to a lot of us (especially the types on SA) but it’s really funny to see the system very publicly show how allergic it is to punishing rich white men.

Just infinite second chances that no one else would ever get.

It also tells us that the fine will get reduced to $175 million by that same appeals court.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

hang on while I update goon_fart_times.xlsm

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Eh, it’s more like a kazoo.

yeah, compared to SB and his entire symphony.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

General Dog posted:

I would question how I’ve spent my limited waking hours of life if I realized I’d actually committed nonzero mental bandwidth to being mad about someone as inconsequential as Joe Lieberman.

It's understandable that you would consider him inconsequential.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Like, you need some cash for emergencies, but who is saying it's better to have loads of cash and carry debt? That's not right.

Depends on the debt. My auto loan from 2020 is at 2.7% APR, so although I could pay it off and eliminate that debt, I make more keeping that money invested instead.

None of that applies to ridiculous 14% APR loans though.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

I used to like flying, but post 9/11 it seems to have gotten like ten times more annoying.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

The OJ trial I felt was the first time that the 24/7 news stations had to actively fill time. They had so many people watching and so little new information that they went overboard with minutae and "expert opinions" just to fill time. The quality went way downhill (how could it not?) but I feel like that was the point where news stations stopped caring about news and focused just on viewership.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

wandler20 posted:

What kind of maniac is eating chicken wings with 46 seconds left in a basketball game?

he's got at least a good ten minutes of actual time left

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice. Braks makes a ton of stuff for her Disney trips too, it's very creative.

Here's a good video, and yeah, watch until the end.

https://x.com/LeslieMinesIII/status/1784051734047830238

For what it's worth, that game was from May 2018, and the goose was fine.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Honestly a little surprised there's only 100 fics.

Search results probably capped at 100

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

spoilered in case this is a trigger

"I'm clumsy, this is 100% my fault" is something domestic abuse victims say

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

I don't really follow all this trump poo poo, but is he on trial for having sex with a whore? Lying about it? That don't sound far off what they all do.

potentially coercive sex with an adult film actress while married, then paying $130k hush money a couple months before the 2016 election that he falsified business records to conceal.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

The protests aren't about 'peace in the Middle East' though. They're specifically about what is happening in Gaza, which is a very straightforward situation.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

If there actually is a Civil War 2, does she have to serve?

She can serve original or extra crispy, whatever she wants.